Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Sims 4 will be better than The Bugs 3?

I think so.
And why I ask this?

Since the first time I saw the first images of The Bugs 3 I totally dislike it. Sims were terrible and looked like bobbleheads. But now, the first images from Sims 4 make me fell nostalgic as I used to feel in Sims 2. Cartoon Sims look like Sims 1 but improved, of course, and this is awsome.

Sincerely, I wish a better game for all of us.
Zvt4d0O.gif

Comments

• Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well I'm hoping that TS4 will initially perform better across all platforms and setups than TS3 does. There are a few things everyone can say affects their game (IP lag for one most current issue) but others not so much like crashes and hangups. That's for your The Bugs 3 reference.

I don't mind the way it looks, but I have yet to make up my mind on TS4. I need to see some gameplay and hear about features. In other words, I'm attempting to wait patiently for Gamescom to help me decide about what we can expect at least in part. I'll likely still be playing TS3 until some folks buy it and reviews start coming in.
  • Options
    gogirl1998gogirl1998 Posts: 975 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Hell yes!

Everything I've seen so far has made me giddy with excitement. The sims seem so alive and happy, much better than the expressionless doughface Sims 3 sims.

I also sincerely hope that it runs better on computers. I have a nice Mac computer with plenty of RAM space and silly Sims 3 tends to like to crash every time I enter CAS. Sucks.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm really excited about Sims 4 now that I've seen the first screenshots, but I don't really expect it to be better than Sims 3. I expect it to rate about the same regarding gameplay and graphics, but with different features.

That's what I'm expecting, anyway. :wink:
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have a request for the title: Could you change it to not insult Sims 3? Some people do actually enjoy that game, despite any bugs, and some people don't suffer bugs.

And, yeah, I think it will be a better game.
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited August 2013
    There will be bugs. Probably not as severe but I could be wrong.

The bugs 3... *chuckles*
    Ts3 never gave me that much trouble. Maybe because I have only 2 expansion packs installed. :lol:

Pandagirl out
  • Options
    xSpoiledxxSpoiledx Posts: 228 Member
    edited August 2013
    If the sims look as cartoony as they do in the leaked pics on the final game, them Sims 3 will definitely be better in my opinion. If they look more realistic then it could be better AFTER several expansion packs are released and there is a LOT more content than the base game. As for bugs, I never experienced any problems with bugs in Sims 3.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited August 2013
    Lest Hope So
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited August 2013
    Only time will tell, but it should hopefully... :-o
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2013
    " but others not so much like crashes and hangups"

There are quite a few re-creatable ones that are still unpatched.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited August 2013
    gogirl1998 wrote:
    Hell yes!

Everything I've seen so far has made me giddy with excitement. The sims seem so alive and happy, much better than the expressionless doughface Sims 3 sims.

I also sincerely hope that it runs better on computers. I have a nice Mac computer with plenty of RAM space and silly Sims 3 tends to like to crash every time I enter CAS. Sucks.

I agree with this completely. I too have a beautiful 2 yr old mid 2011 iMac, and I sometimes experience lagging etc. I just hope that the sims 4 runs better on computers. I think that one of the issues that plagued the sims 3 was the expansive open neighborhood, stuck sims, bad routing, and for mac users also the use of Cider. :thumbup:
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2013
    The most common theory for why The Sims 3 has so many problems and limitations that become more noticeable with each expansion.

Was that its engine was very prohibited and didn't like to be added onto, like The Sims 2's was.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2013
    Don't know yet. I think it looks like a promising game so far and I'm sure it'll have it's strengths and weaknesses just like all of the others. I do love a lot of things about TS3, though. I think it's still a good game in its own right. We'll see what TS4 brings.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited August 2013
    There will be bugs. There are always bugs but I hope they've learned their lesson to create a business model that includes fixing game crashing and other major bugs faster than the next SP or EP release.

If they did that, forums would be a lot quieter. At least some of them.
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited August 2013
    I hope so. I didn't even know that TS2 had patches until around the time Bon Voyage came out, and I never suffered any bugs or glitches until then or throughout the rest of my time spent playing the game. TS3, in comparison, has been rendered unplayable without Nraas and Awesomemod on more than one occasion because of bugs - few of which were ever fixed. TS4 seems like a throwback to TS2 in many ways, and I hope that the rare appearance of totally game-crippling bugs is one of their shared qualities.