Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too cartoony? Seriously?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2014
    I still would have preferred Sims 3 style with all the new opportunities.
    But if they look in game what they look like in CAS I'll be satisfied.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BlazerineBlazerine Posts: 2,544 Member
    edited July 2014
    The hair looks better.. Sims3 has really flat hair, lol.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2014
    Some haircuts in 3 are... strange. I like a lot of the haircuts for females in 4.
    For guys... not so much. Hope a lot of good male haircuts will be added.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    X1rawr1X wrote:
    If they made the game too realistic then people who are just casual game players would be turned away from it because it would be too hard on their computers. The content would be removed and they would come up with an excuse like "We had to take away ______ to give you more realistic Sims. While we have taken out many loved features we had to make a decision to remove one thing, to get something better (realistic graphics)."

That's a the biggest myth out there. EA could easily make the game high end realistic graphics, the problem is they don't want to take time to do it. GTA V has realistic and beautiful graphics, for PC, and it isn't demanding on computers...at all. Plus GTA V comes with a completely open world, that seems endless. So the whole "it can't happen" thing is false.

EA can do it, and do it successfully, but they just don't want to invest their time and energy on a game. They'd rather take as little time as possible.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    X1rawr1X wrote:
    If they made the game too realistic then people who are just casual game players would be turned away from it because it would be too hard on their computers. The content would be removed and they would come up with an excuse like "We had to take away ______ to give you more realistic Sims. While we have taken out many loved features we had to make a decision to remove one thing, to get something better (realistic graphics)."

That's a the biggest myth out there. EA could easily make the game high end realistic graphics, the problem is they don't want to take time to do it. GTA V has realistic and beautiful graphics, for PC, and it isn't demanding on computers...at all. Plus GTA V comes with a completely open world, that seems endless. So the whole "it can't happen" thing is false.

EA can do it, and do it successfully, but they just don't want to invest their time and energy on a game. They'd rather take as little time as possible.

My computer can't run GTAIV, so it won't run GTAV especially. It's not a myth, it's the truth.

It'll be harder on many users who just want a plain basic simulator. Heck, TS3 is still a performance issue for me. The fact they made it low end PC friendly is beautiful. I think they went in the right direction there. I mean, now, more than a handful can play it perfectly without a hassle.

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    X1rawr1X wrote:

GTA5 also doesn't have simulate life for every toon you see walking around, less than 5% of the structures can be entered (Everything else you see is decor) and not one single conversation you see is freeform; it's all scripted.
    Not a thing you see does what it wants to do; it does exactly what Rockstar wanted it to do.

And let's not forget that Maxis aimed to make TS4 run on as many PC-configurations as possible, which was their way of saying that the game is geared towards the lowest common denominator.
    Basically Jane Doe who has a shoebox with a lightbulb inside for a PC must be able to play the game too. That takes away from the top-end. While that sounds bad for us with top-end PC's, we stand to get a game that will be running as smooth as silk.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited July 2014
    tumblr_n59wisdmgi1sdo4uwo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2e159N2eN1si214so5_1280.jpg

2.png

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2014
    Noogster wrote:

2.png

You need to have both games on the same computer to make a graphic comparison. The difference is probably the graphic ability of the computers, not the game. Sims 3 on my computer looks better than that.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited July 2014
    Noogster wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    X1rawr1X wrote:

My computer can't run GTAIV, so it won't run GTAV especially. It's not a myth, it's the truth.

It'll be harder on many users who just want a plain basic simulator. Heck, TS3 is still a performance issue for me. The fact they made it low end PC friendly is beautiful. I think they went in the right direction there. I mean, now, more than a handful can play it perfectly without a hassle.

well I am a causal player, I for one would have loved to see them make this game for a mid/high end pc. and keep all the things that they had to take out. What happens when/if they decide to add all these things back into the game slowly? I think you will end up having to have that mid/high range pc anyways to run all the EP's that they bring out, so all the ones who have that low end pc are you willing to just stay with the base game?
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited July 2014
    CK213 wrote:
    Noogster wrote:

2.png

You need to have both games on the same computer to make a graphic comparison. The difference is probably the graphic ability of the computers, not the game. Sims 3 on my computer looks better than that.

My TS3 looks better than those images as well. Graphic settings can me a huge difference.