Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meteor just destroyed everything, will the items respawn???

a huge rock just landed in the middle of the market in Egypt, (i moved my sim outta the way so he wouldnt get hit) and it detroyed nearly all the tables and the water fountain and the signs and everything except for the snake charmer basket!! will these items respawn or will this market remain with a bunch of burnt black objects?!?!?! nobody died though, they just got burnt.

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've never had this happen. It might respawn on your next trip there, but I'd say this trip it's a loss. If you want it changed you'll probably have to go thru edit town.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited August 2013
    For me this happened in home-world with my martial arts academy. First meteorite destroyed big part of garden and leaved big hole in the terrain, 2nd meteorite on the same lot few sim-minutes after in the same day destroyed outdoor seating area and I've to levelling terrain and rebuild whole outdoor of this lot again.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't think it will respawn if you continue to play the same saved game.

If you change your game by restarting in a new world then the WA worlds will also reset themselves.

Back in your home world, you can go into edit town and edit the WA world that has the damage, to repair it, but if it were me I would be tempted to leave it, as it will be a unique thing in your game. Future generations can go visit the 'disaster area'
  • Options
    melanieluannmelanieluann Posts: 491 Member
    edited August 2013
    I had several meteors hit in front of the school in Sunset Valley. It was so bad that nobody could get into the school again. My towns are so populated that I always have at least 2 schools, but it was big pain in the butt. I think sims are STILL standing around outside. Eighteen sims died, but strangely, only two were kids.
    I thought about fixing it, but it's too much work. And it's still sort of funny to see all those sims standing there.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited August 2013
    I had several meteors hit in front of the school in Sunset Valley. It was so bad that nobody could get into the school again. My towns are so populated that I always have at least 2 schools, but it was big pain in the butt. I think sims are STILL standing around outside. Eighteen sims died, but strangely, only two were kids.
    I thought about fixing it, but it's too much work. And it's still sort of funny to see all those sims standing there.
    :shock: wow!

Probably won't re-spawn in your current trip. Hopefully it will next time you visit. Bummer, never had a meteor hit in WA city before.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ADAMLYDONADAMLYDON Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2013
    NO THEY WILL NEVER RESPWAN BUT WILL IF EXIT WITHOUT SAVING SORRY :cry: :-( :? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::| :XD: :thumbup: :thumbdown:
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2013
    Exit without saving
  • Options
    GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    edited August 2013
    ok well yes all the items respawned. i just made my sim go to the base camp to go to sleep and when i checked the market the next day, all the items were there and there were no leftovers from the meteor. my tent had also been respawned!! it cost me 2000 simoleons and it had been destroyed by the meteor hit!!!
  • Options
    LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well, that's interesting! Hmm, I wonder if it's because we can't easily edit all of the world adventures Towns, but can the home Towns? I can I understand why we have to make changes to our own lot.