Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pianos in basic game?

Sims 3 is the only one that doesn't have piano in basic game, and that sucks for me. Well, they tried to do different with the guitar, but it just didn't work. Pianos and hot tubs are classic furniture in the game.

What do you think about?
Zvt4d0O.gif

Comments

• Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited August 2013
    I hope they're not as greedy with TS4 as they were with TS3. I'm still not over the fact that we had to wait years just to get that flamin' diving board!
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think pianos are gonna be in the base game...I thought I saw one in a picture somewhere...also isn't there a picture of a violin too? So that appears to be in the base game as well, which is nice because to get it in TS3 you have to spend 1900 simpoints :?
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    edited August 2013
    I hope they're not as greedy with TS4 as they were with TS3. I'm still not over the fact that we had to wait years just to get that flamin' diving board!
    Yes, the diving board, I almost forgot it...
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2013
    If there are pianos in the base game, I have only one request:

LET THE KIDS PLAY THEM!!!!!

I was taking piano lessons when I was in 3rd grade. We had a small upright piano -- I practiced an hour or two every day. Never got really good (I have a problem where my knuckles lock up easily, making it hard to play anything faster than a funeral dirge) but I enjoyed it, and it helped me later when I took up vocal music and could read music. Kids should be able to play piano like they did in Sims 2.

I'm okay with limiting other instruments (or maybe having child-sized versions of them like Sims 3 does with the bicycles), but let the children play piano at least. 8)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    edited August 2013

I was taking piano lessons when I was in 3rd grade. We had a small upright piano -- I practiced an hour or two every day. Never got really good (I have a problem where my knuckles lock up easily, making it hard to play anything faster than a funeral dirge) but I enjoyed it, and it helped me later when I took up vocal music and could read music. Kids should be able to play piano like they did in Sims 2.

I'm okay with limiting other instruments (or maybe having child-sized versions of them like Sims 3 does with the bicycles), but let the children play piano at least. 8)
    You are totally right. I remember Alexander Goth playing piano in Sims 2.

So good memories...
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited August 2013
    I would love to see pianos in the base game, I'd like to see the whole spectrum of what we have now. We waited for such a long time to get a violin, I would also like to see an electric bass as another choice for the bass players. 8)

• Options
    asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I agree with everyone here. It was sad to see pianos go in ts3 base game. Hopefully we will have more musical instruments overall in ts4.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Most of my Sim families had upright pianos in Sims 2 -- the richer ones had grand pianos, naturally. I'd have my Sim kids practice piano after they did their homework, and they could give small concerts for family and friends. It was a good way to get the kids into private school; have the headmaster over for a good dinner, have one parent give him/her a house tour, then have the kid give a short recital. Usually worked like a charm. 8)
  • Options
    MilenyNodaMilenyNoda Posts: 474 Member
    edited August 2013
    I would love to see a piano in the base game and many other instruments like flute, harp saxophone xD
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2013

Yes! Thank you. I was so upset when kids couldn't play instruments in TS3. I started my lessons when I was a small child, and just about every other musician that I know did as well. It was such a strange thing for them to leave out.

I'd also like to add that if they do give us the piano again in TS4, as I hope they do, then I'd really like for them to add in an upright piano. Not having an upright in TS3 is odd since it's the type of piano most commonly found in homes and all.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes, in one of the leaked pictures, not recent ones, but the one shows Sims partying/socializing at the club, there is a piano, I think. Also, there is a violin in the game, so other musical instruments will probably be included as well.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,629 Member
    edited August 2013
    I hope so! Also they did this with the wedding cake. :x

But it's funny how they used a single item that's been part of the Sims base since 1, and made it the focus point to buy an EP. (diving boards, etc) :roll:

(cottonwexler: Your gif is hilarious)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,629 Member
    edited August 2013
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:

Yes! Thank you. I was so upset when kids couldn't play instruments in TS3. I started my lessons when I was a small child, and just about every other musician that I know did as well. It was such a strange thing for them to leave out.

I'd also like to add that if they do give us the piano again in TS4, as I hope they do, then I'd really like for them to add in an upright piano. Not having an upright in TS3 is odd since it's the type of piano most commonly found in homes and all.

I don't understand why they never allowed kids to use the instruments (at least piano).. I played the piano when I was a little girl. Makes no sense to me, at all. That's why I get soo frustrated with TS3. *sigh*
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,132 Member
    edited August 2013
    Count me in on hoping there are more instruments in the base game, and that kids can play them!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Goodywood wrote:
    I hope so! Also they did this with the wedding cake. :x

But it's funny how they used a single item that's been part of the Sims base since 1, and made it the focus point to buy an EP. (diving boards, etc) :roll:

(cottonwexler: Your gif is hilarious)

Technically the diving boards came in a patch (Seasons patch) so everyone got them even if they didn't buy the EP. But pool slides, yeah, those should have definitely been base game/included for everyone.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited August 2013
    I agree with everyone here. It was sad to see pianos go in ts3 base game. Hopefully we will have more musical instruments overall in ts4.

640px-TS4_Club_Concept_Art.png

Lets hope this concept means something for real :D
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    DragonWyngDragonWyng Posts: 92 Member
    edited August 2013
    v12creator wrote:
    640px-TS4_Club_Concept_Art.png

Lets hope this concept means something for real :D

Project Olympus, another Sims game that was "cancelled". At least, that's what I've heard, anyway. If Project Olympus isn't TS4, then why were those photos "leaked" right before the TS4 announcement? I'm not entirely convinced that Olympus was cancelled. It's more likely that it was integrated into TS4, or has been TS4 all along.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm very happy we'll get a violin in the base game, but I hope they give us a couple more instruments as well. Piano and guitar would be good. I don't want to have to wait two years before they finally give us those things in an EP. I'm already worried we'll have to wait over a year to see any pets in the game, again. :?
  • Options
    AdiCohenAdiCohen Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think all instruments should be in the base game - violin, piano, guitar, drums, bass, sax, mic. I just don't see the reason to include them in an EP... Especially since TS4 town has this southern, New Orleans feel to it, I would love to see bands in the base game :) LN bands were so half baked, you can't even have a singer.