This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Amazing how The Sims 4 neutralized The Sims 3 without any effort

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited August 2013
    auricio288 wrote:
    Guys, I was noticing the following.

It's amazing how just a few mere images of the future The Sims 4 have been enough to put the Sims 3 totally on the sidelines.

Not that the pictures are "that great" or they show if upcoming game will be good or bad - after all we can still pay with the tongue -, but I believe that the dissatisfaction with the Sims 3 is so huge that everyone sees TS4 as a salvation. See the end of stupid lags, the end of bugs senseless, automatic locks, Sims expressionless and empty, the routing bugs and so on.

It will be long months of wait from now. I hope this new version can truly meet our expectations, different from the present, which will be marked by big disappointments.

What do you think?

Amen to that :3 Although I've felt like this since sims3 came out. I was very disapointed from the start, although i've had episodes where I've really enjoyed the sims3, but they don't last as long as they did with sims1 and 2 :) Sims4 is my salvation! Can't wait to play :)
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    edited August 2013
    Anybody mentioned the severe lack of objects and hair's/clothing 3 had in it's basegame when compared to 2? THere was a lot of stuff to buy on the store day one which should have just been in the game
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited August 2013
    If it seems Sims 4 is *neutralizing* Sims 3 at the moment, it's because you're on the Sims 4 forum. :D

If you hang out on ... say ... ANY of the other forums here, you'll see not everybody is suddenly ignoring 3 in favor of 4. 8)

I think most people will still continue to play TS3 while coming here occasionally to get news about the New Shiny, Sims 4. (Me, for instance.) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    edited August 2013
    Penelope wrote:
    If it seems Sims 4 is *neutralizing* Sims 3 at the moment, it's because you're on the Sims 4 forum. :D

If you hang out on ... say ... ANY of the other forums here, you'll see not everybody is suddenly ignoring 3 in favor of 4. 8)

I think most people will still continue to play TS3 while coming here occasionally to get news about the New Shiny, Sims 4. (Me, for instance.) :mrgreen:

I've been ignoring Sims 3 in favour of 2 for 4 years! I did get one expansion 2 years ago but it didn't change my mind. I'm only recently trying it again, ordered Late Night but I know for certain I'm not getting all the expansions like I did with 2
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Ah, well. I don't agree. TS2 and TS3 both have lacking expansions compared to The Sims.

Just take the last expansion from TS2- Apartment life and call it not good. It was incomplete with the partial magic that was tossed in all willy nilly. Insulting with sparkles and green witches.

Freetime with phone calls and partial activities which was more like a big stuff pack.

And then Mansions and Gardens as stuff pack which they decided to call EP9. :shock:
    Walking outside with the trash glued to their heads... carrying the baby with a book to their faces....

Rflong< sorry I messed up your qoutes above..here is my reply below: it's all good..all games have bugs..just not as many as TS3... :wink:

But...bugs 'were' fixed...it is only the undone M&G bugs that got left undone..and if someone decided to buy the DD which supposedly 'patched' in the box...wasn't...especially if you added M&G and not AL...many bugs..but they were all ready on R.H. band wagon for TS3 by then. That's why FT and AL are half done with little magic, and more rpg style gameplay for hobbies..he was the overseer of the Sim Studio by the time we got those two EPs..we see things changing in that game at the time Maxis took their hands off it and handed to Sim Studio.

I'm not saying all bugs were fixed..the OFB default face bug still exists today...but there aren't any 'game breaking' bugs that cause so much corruption you can't play the game like in TS3..WA travel bug..more likely to cause corruption than not, even if it isn't installed, Generations bugs that give Sims HS diplomas instead of degrees, Butlers disappear..still happens, and corrupted worlds after about playing a Sim in the ST careers after about 3 Sim weeks..Crinricts list never get smaller..on larger..where as TS2's bug lists did get whiddled down by the time the game ended. No, I can't agree with you TS2 has game breaking bugs still in it (start over, and over and over) like TS3 does and it is ending..and still broke..SP, Cabs generating, stuck Sims, rougting issues, Sims grouping up in one place and not leaving.. etc.

Nay, I can still play my ten year old hood in TS2 and not worry...but I can't play a world in TS3 longer than a Sim month before it is unplayable..no mods installed..maybe I should?

OP, I'm not sure everyone on the TS3 site comes to the TS4 forum..no, there are more people on this site busy with other threads in GP, and the other EP threads more so than in the TS4 forum..so it is only a select few that keep this forum alive, cause not everyone is dreaming about TS4..just a few of us.. :wink:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think some people just have a hard time with change. Transitioning from one thing to the next is not easy for some people. A lot of people look at new and immediately become scared of it. So it takes time, acceptance takes time, and patience is a virtue.

I think people in the end because of all the glitches are ready to move on. I also think people are looking for better gameplay that sims 3 couldn't provide. It's natural at the end of a series some people will stay with 3 some will go with 4. Not everyone is going to transition over and that's fine too. As many are saying to each it's own, that's kind of how sims operates, play and go as you like. Really isn't a wrong or right way.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2013
    Anavastia wrote:
    I think some people just have a hard time with change. Transitioning from one thing to the next is not easy for some people. A lot of people look at new and immediately become scared of it. So it takes time, acceptance takes time, and patience is a virtue.

I think people in the end because of all the glitches are ready to move on. I also think people are looking for better gameplay that sims 3 couldn't provide. It's natural at the end of a series some people will stay with 3 some will go with 4. Not everyone is going to transition over and that's fine too. As many are saying to each it's own, that's kind of how sims operates, play and go as you like. Really isn't a wrong or right way.

I agree with you. But some complaints about TS4 are legit..like no textures on clothes, hair etc..I don't see bump mapping on the clothes do you?But unlike some others that really, really this important to them..have a right to express it and hope these are all early on pictures, and textures are improved by the time the game comes out. Maybe most of these are just renedering? Most look like renderings.

I really am more concerned with the AI, the reward system, and having to play careers like professions in the Amb EP. I don't like following my Sims to work..unless it is an OFB shop my Sim can manage hands on..since I had the freedom to go when 'I' felt like it. :wink:

I have lost any PEPS I had for the last EPs for TS3..which I really do think I would have like ITF>...love syfy stuff..but I would rather see more and more and demo of TS4, today than play my TS3 game today.

I am so ready to move on..I didn't want to leave TS2 so I didn't...not until they made us get off the forums and shut us down..and well, there is no place like home (official websites) compared to fansites sometimes...I also think people want to feel like they belong and don't want to move on from the TS3 forums because it is home to them just like TS2 was home for some of us for many, many years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    auricio288 wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:
    I remember the same thing happening at the end of Sims 2 when Sims 3 was released. That must mean that everyone was dissatisfied with Sims 2. With the bugs, the splash screen when changing a lot, how SecuRom trashed so many computers.
    You are wrong. In the end of Sims 2, people were excited about Sims 3, but were totally satisfied with Sims 2 and didn't want the end of the game.

But now... I see everyone wants to get rid of this pump Sims 3 is...

Uh, no. That's not the way I remember it at all.

People wanted the game bugs fixed- many game bugs. They wanted more expansions. Many loved TS3 and we wildly in love with the Whole game concept. Many fights, names being called... oh, the sadness of a split community.

Thank you! I boycotted sims 3 for over 2 years because secrum ruined my computer not just the game the computer.... I proved that buy downloading sim city societies from origin and it wouldn't load up. I was so bitter.

But at the end of the day I'm an addicted simmer and I had to wait till I graduated college to get a new computer to get sims3. I'll never forgive ea for that. So when it comes to voicing my opinion I will. I literally called ea customer service and cursed them out like a mad madea in 2009 when it happened.

I was bitter losing sims 2... And a computer... And then loading up sims 3 base, ambitions, generations, and hels all at once and the game felt so empty and crappy. The sims3 didn't even compare with sims 2 until show time, supernatural, seasons, and UL came out.

So they need to come correct with 4 or I'm gonna stick with 3.... Unless into the future ruins our games so were forced to buy is,s 4... Because that's how I felt when they released mansion and garden stuff. As long as I have a swimming game to play I don't NEED to get 4 especially since I start grad school in a week, my simming days are now numbered :(

However if they come correct I will find the time to move on to sims 4... Im thinking after ep 1 is released as I should be some with grad work by the end of fall 2014. I could ask for all sims 4 stuff released by then for Christmas! That would be a great Christ,as morning, I'd feel like a kid open my presents and disappear up stairs to play with my new toys!!! :)
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've been ignoring TS3 for a very long time now and happily playing TS2 with LOADS of custom content. I'm really ready to move on to TS4 (if that awful hair can be fixed) and try to forget TS3 ever existed. I loathed it right from the minute I saw the pudding faces. I'm glad I don't feel that way about TS4.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited August 2013
    Eh, to each their own I guess. Personally I love TS3, and I will continue to play it regardless. I don't suffer from all the crashes and game breaking glitches either, but I do have a fully modded game, so it would probably be different if I was playing vanilla. But I never played TS2 vanilla either. Whether or not I buy TS4 remains to be seen. So far I am unimpressed with the look of it, it looks too much like a social or tablet game to me. But I will reserve my final judgement until I receive more information.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    29cats29cats Posts: 140 Member
    edited August 2013
    I agree with you lizbethbear! I love TS3 also and my only complaint is that with all the expansions there's TOO much to do! I'll probably get TS4 eventually but not at the beginning like I did with TS3. I'm going to sit back and see first what's going to happen with it. I don't want to go back playing a basic barebones game again when I still havne't done a third of the stuff from TS3. If it turns out to be too much like a facebook game and not the sandbox game that is what drew me to The Sims in the first place I probably won't move on. We'll see........The graphics don't bother me much one way or the other. I like both from what I've seen so far!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    edited August 2013
    auricio288 wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:
    I remember the same thing happening at the end of Sims 2 when Sims 3 was released. That must mean that everyone was dissatisfied with Sims 2. With the bugs, the splash screen when changing a lot, how SecuRom trashed so many computers.
    You are wrong. In the end of Sims 2, people were excited about Sims 3, but were totally satisfied with Sims 2 and didn't want the end of the game.

You apparently missed all the threads from simmers complaining that they don't want to see the Sims 3 end and they don't see why they should have to buy new games. Basically, why can't EA continue the sims 3. They died down when simmers attacked them. Also, I did not care about TS2 ending. The game was bloated and the technology was old, but it had enough content and was enjoyable. I moved on and uninstalled it after the fourth TS3 EP came out.

But what should be so surprising about this behavior? A new EP is announced, simmer's focus turns towards it instead of the latest EP. When a new game comes out, attention turns to that.

I am still playing TS3 and enjoying it. I am interested in knowing about what's to come, but to me, it's smarter to wait before jumping in to TS4. I've learned my lesson from TS3 as I watch simmers snap up EP bundles, buy one-get-one free sales, and take advantage of store sales and compilation sets.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    xSpoiledxxSpoiledx Posts: 228 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love playing Sims 3, don't think it needs "salvation", and frankly if I did I would not view Sims 4 as the game to provide it, because the cartoony graphics of the sims on 4 is really, really disappointing in my opinion. There is still a lot of activity here on the site with regard to Sims 3 - forum posts, exchange uploads, wall messages - I would hardly call that "neutralized".
  • Options
    xSpoiledxxSpoiledx Posts: 228 Member
    edited August 2013
    auricio288 wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:

There are many, many posts on this board that prove you do NOT speak for everyone. You are entitled to your opinion, and the rest of us are entitled to ours.
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sims 2 was buggy but 3 takes the cake...GEN did a number on my game and it was never the same after that.

New computer and same issues.

I am hoping EA has learned from the past games and will put back things we all want.

I.e. the open world... CAS the ability to color every thing...the fun of Sims 2 it had better game play.

EP and SP please come up with new ones...yes to Seasons but I hope the base game has it...the sun don't shine year around people.

We are hopeful for a fresh start and we hope we can enjoy the game again...I do not play 3 any more I just make sims and play with CAS...no fun in 3.
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't know if players are looking at The Sims 4 as a salvation, I think a LOT of us are looking at it as a last chance.

I barely play The Sims 3 any more, but I still like to build stuff. Create-a-Style is great and the Open Neighborhood is okay and all - but, Frankly The Sims 2 was a better game. It had better game-play and more options. Sims 2 Sims felt more like people.

I bought every EP and SP of both The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 the day it was released. I got The Sims 3 Limited Edition [which was a waste] and bought the first two EPs on the day that they were released too - but not any more.

I am a very disheartened Sims fan and if TS4 goes the way TS3 did, I won't be wasting my money on it.