Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazing how The Sims 4 neutralized The Sims 3 without any effort

Guys, I was noticing the following.

It's amazing how just a few mere images of the future The Sims 4 have been enough to put the Sims 3 totally on the sidelines.

Not that the pictures are "that great" or they show if upcoming game will be good or bad - after all we can still pay with the tongue -, but I believe that the dissatisfaction with the Sims 3 is so huge that everyone sees TS4 as a salvation. See the end of stupid lags, the end of bugs senseless, automatic locks, Sims expressionless and empty, the routing bugs and so on.

It will be long months of wait from now. I hope this new version can truly meet our expectations, different from the present, which will be marked by big disappointments.

What do you think?
Zvt4d0O.gif

Comments

• Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited August 2013
    I couldnt agree more. Sims 3 looks a total mess in comparison. I look forward to new pics.
  • Options
    OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    edited August 2013
    I remember the same thing happening at the end of Sims 2 when Sims 3 was released. That must mean that everyone was dissatisfied with Sims 2. With the bugs, the splash screen when changing a lot, how SecuRom trashed so many computers.

Or could it just mean that it is new. hmmm
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi :D

I won't jump that far- that it's the end of bugs or lag or anything in that way. It's a new Generation and it's exciting, Yes. :mrgreen:

• Options
    auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    edited August 2013
    Oolonglong wrote:
    I remember the same thing happening at the end of Sims 2 when Sims 3 was released. That must mean that everyone was dissatisfied with Sims 2. With the bugs, the splash screen when changing a lot, how SecuRom trashed so many computers.
    You are wrong. In the end of Sims 2, people were excited about Sims 3, but were totally satisfied with Sims 2 and didn't want the end of the game.

But now... I see everyone wants to get rid of this pump Sims 3 is...
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2013
    The Sims 3 has its bugs and issues, sure. But I don't think that "everyone sees TS4 as a salvation" as you put it. Some are still skeptical, some are just sitting back and waiting for Gamescom, and some are still enjoying TS3 now that it has a ton of expansions and content to add.

I think that the "sidelining" of TS3 is pretty inevitable. It's just human nature to be interested in the latest new thing. That doesn't mean that it's better, I'm sure it will be better in some ways, but realistically we don't know what it's like yet. We've seen some screenshots and renders but not much else. If one game has been out for, what? 4 years, then the next chapter comes along, people are going to be intrigued. New often equals exciting in the game world. That's just how it is.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    auricio288 wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:
    You are wrong. In the end of Sims 2, people were excited about Sims 3, but were totally satisfied with Sims 2 and didn't want the end of the game.

Uh, no. That's not the way I remember it at all.

People wanted the game bugs fixed- many game bugs. They wanted more expansions. Many loved TS3 and we wildly in love with the Whole game concept. Many fights, names being called... oh, the sadness of a split community.

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    auricio288 wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:

People wanted the game bugs fixed- many game bugs. They wanted more expansions. Many loved TS3 and we wildly in love with the Whole game concept. Many fights, names being called... oh, the sadness of a split community.

This; It's exactly what's happening now. :?
  • Options
    OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    edited August 2013
    auricio288 wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:

Everyone remembers things differently. I remember quite a few people, myself included, who were having major computer problems because of secuRom.

• Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't necessarily see TS4 as "salvation," because I don't take games that seriously. I gave up on TS3 months ago when the bugs that came with University Life made it unplayable. Now something new is on offer, with the possibility that I may enjoy it. I like having fun, so I'm looking forward to it. It doesn't have to be a dramatic thing.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    auricio288 wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:

Oh, you really don't wanna discuss bugs from Sims 2 and from Sims 3. ..
    I'm totally sure that Sims 2 with 8 expansions reached the end of the line more complete than Sims 3 with 11.
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    auricio288 wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    auricio288 wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:

I'm totally sure that Sims 2 with 8 expansions reached the end of the line more complete than Sims 3 with 11.

More complete? I'm not sure I understand. The Bugs in TS2 weren't fixed.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    auricio288 wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    auricio288 wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:

More complete? I'm not sure I understand. The Bugs in TS2 weren't fixed.
    For me, they were. And Sims 2 expansions were way better and complete than Sims 3 ones.
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    auricio288 wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:

I couldn't agree more with you Rflong :-) . Many love TS3, many hate TS3, many want nothing more from TS3, but I believe that not everyone sees TS4 as salvation.

I don't. TS4 is just a new exciting game for me, not a salvation.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ah, well. I don't agree. TS2 and TS3 both have lacking expansions compared to The Sims.

Just take the last expansion from TS2- Apartment life and call it not good. It was incomplete with the partial magic that was tossed in all willy nilly. Insulting with sparkles and green witches.

Freetime with phone calls and partial activities which was more like a big stuff pack.

And then Mansions and Gardens as stuff pack which they decided to call EP9. :shock:
    Walking outside with the trash glued to their heads... carrying the baby with a book to their faces....

My opinion only, I'm sure. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    auricio288 wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:

Yes, it is. It's why I don't like to see name calling and belittling when someone is disappointed in what they see. Or when they give their opinion which might not be how wonderful the new game is....
    It's why I'm sad to see it again when others make fun of someone who is upset about the new game. :(

They love The Sims, too. They're a little disoriented is all. It's so much better to give a kind reply instead of the laughs and rants on TS3- a game they might really love.

They might still come around or not. It's okay... :)
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    auricio288 wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:

Yes, it is. It's why I don't like to see name calling and belittling when someone is disappointed in what they see. Or when they give their opinion which might not be how wonderful the new game is....
    It's why I'm sad to see it again when others make fun of someone who is upset about the new game. :(

They love The Sims, too. They're a little disoriented is all. It's so much better to give a kind reply instead of the laughs and rants on TS3- a game they might really love.

Both sides are guilty of name calling. People who like the graphics are told they are settling or sheep etc. I don't think that's fair either.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:

Because some people think what they feel and their opinions are more important/valuable than others.

Disagreement is fine, not everyone should agree with you. But bashing anyone who doesn't agree with you is what I hate.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Both sides are guilty of name calling. People who like the graphics are told they are settling or sheep etc. I don't think that's fair either.

That is true, Allspice. :D

I haven't seen all the replies or gone in all the topics. I am hoping to spread a little peace to some who can spread a little peace to others. It did seem to me to have so much more anger at anyone who didn't like the Sims4. :)

I think they Sims are great. I think the Sims could have been a little more realistic, too. So, I guess either way wouldn't have bothered me.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Susiechan wrote:

Because some people think what they feel and their opinions are more important/valuable than others.

Disagreement is fine, not everyone should agree with you. But bashing anyone who doesn't agree with you is what I hate.

I agree with you very much, Susiechan. :thumbup:
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2013
    IIRC, when it came to the transition between Sims 2 and 3, most people were simply tired of Sims 2 and were looking forward to an open world and customization. There were bugs, most definitely. Sims 2 was not the flawless game we tend to perceive it as now.
    However, Sims 3 helped shape our perceptions that way.

When Sims 3 came out, as I mentioned, the community overall was hyped but were just as viscous over the look of the sims as many are now over Sims 4. And I admit, when I saw the trailer I thought I was looking at Sims 2 with were puddy faces. It was really not impressive. Although I liked the new body sliders.

But again, the open world and customization were key to the game.

What killed TS3 for me was that the bugs kept piling on without being fixed, the "open world" wasn't as open as we thought thanks to rabbit holes, the whole Show Time (Simport) fiasco (plus endorsement deals with Katy Perry)..missing basic items and interactions, lack of charm, etc. These are just what I have witnessed. The lack of charm was a huge thing for a lot of people to look past. And many people were complaining about these from the get go. I remember people saying (after Ambitions came out) "Don't judge the game against TS2, it only has 2 EPs!" Looking back I kind of laugh because...well, in my own opinion, the game is still lackluster with 8 EPs as compared to TS1 and 2.

I just don't think Sims 3 had as solid of a foundation to build off of than the other two did. And no amount of EPs can fix that. First impressions go a long way. With TS4, it is a new approach. That maybe we will see charm, expressiveness, babies with legs, car animations and open venues. That maybe it'll correct the things Sims 3 could not.

Just my take, YMMV.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:

I haven't seen all the replies or gone in all the topics. I am hoping to spread a little peace to some who can spread a little peace to others. It did seem to me to have so much more anger at anyone who didn't like the Sims4. :)

I think they Sims are great. I think the Sims could have been a little more realistic, too. So, I guess either way wouldn't have bothered me.

I think it's about equal atm and when it gets to that level neither is fair regardless.
    Susiechan wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:

Pretty much this.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:

I think it's about equal atm and when it gets to that level neither is fair regardless.
    Susiechan wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:

Pretty much this.

I'm not sure what you're telling me- Then I should be quiet? Am I doing wrong, is that what you mean? I have said I like the Sims when others say they don't... I have not put down another for either view. :)

:)
  • Options
    DailycrumbDailycrumb Posts: 286 New Member
    edited August 2013
    auricio288 wrote:
    Oolonglong wrote:

Sims 2 did not sit well with me. After years playing it the only thing I really enjoyed was Business, unfortunately the Aspirations ruined mostly all my gameplay. As well as huge length loading screens and massive crashes.

I agree that I was happy with it though. Did not want change. I did not even buy Sims 3 straight away because of that. I bought it about a week in I think. (After seeing gameplay of the open world) Sims 3 also rarely crashed for me.
    With the new open world and textures, I could never really see The Sims 2 the same again. Just like after Sims 2 I could not see Sims 1 with the same excitement.

Another reason Sims 4 is so wanted is because Sims 3 was full of rabbit holes. Also, it has been SO long since it came out. Seriously, it must be the longest running game before sequel right?
    And the biggest problem with the Sims 4 is the more expansions you packed on top the more deader the game is.
    Personally I loved The Sims 3 Base game and actually played that for almost a year nonstop before getting any more which is more than I ever played of Sims 2.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I'm not sure what you're telling me- Then I should be quiet? Am I doing wrong, is that what you mean? I have said I like the Sims when others say they don't... I have not put down another for either view. :)

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the ones who are belittling others for their opinion, on both sides, should be quiet is all. To me it's embarrassing to be associated with them when they share my opinion and hurtful when they don't. No one likes to be called names.

I was mostly just agreeing with your original post and adding my own thoughts, it isn't directed at you. :)
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited August 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the ones who are belittling others for their opinion, on both sides, should be quiet is all. To me it's embarrassing to be associated with them when they share my opinion and hurtful when they don't. No one likes to be called names.

I was mostly just agreeing with your original post and adding my own thoughts, it isn't directed at you. :)

Oh goodness everyone stop being so sensitive - share your thoughts and move on!

The Sims 3 was ridiculously buggy upon launch when compared to The Sims 2. Heck you couldn't even turn off that horrible first version of story progression so we were provided with a quick data fix by EA which we had to do ourselves in order to turn the darn thing off! Not to mention the save errors and frequent crashing that a lot of people were experiencing - I didn't understand the importance of game patches up until TS3.

From what I remember, people were excited for TS3 mainly for the new open world and customisation. I don't remember seeing any complaints regarding TS2 being so buggy (I'm NOT saying that there weren't). To me it seemed like it was mainly people comparing TS2 to what they had seen from TS3 so far, what the open world would be like and ideas on what would be in the game (plus the forum wasn't filled with petition threads :roll: ).

Actually I will correct myself. I do remember the backlash when a rumour went around saying that SecuROM would be on TS3 as many people had had issues with it. I do also remember people mentioning that Apartment Life was probably the most buggy expansion pack - fortunately for me, I didn't own that expansion pack.