Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something I noticed

The ones who started in Sims 3 don't wanna accept Sims 4 is coming and try to criticize the game all the time. But the ones who played Sims 2 and know what fun really is are excited and hoping a better game.

What do you guys think?
Zvt4d0O.gif

Comments

• Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love that
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited August 2013
    Been playing Sims since the original, and I love the look and style they're going for with TS4.
  • Options
    auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    edited August 2013
    adventfear wrote:
    Been playing Sims since the original, and I love the look and style they're going for with TS4.
    Same thing here. :D
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited August 2013
    auricio288 wrote:
    The ones who started in Sims 3 don't wanna accept Sims 4 is coming and try to criticize the game all the time. But the ones who played Sims 2 and know what fun really is are excited and hoping a better game.

What do you guys think?

I got The Sims 1 for Christmas in 2000. I have been hooked on the series since and have, thus, also played The Sims 2. I also love The Sims 3.

And I am not excited. I am worried.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi :)

The people who like TS3 and enjoy TS3 and the people who like more realistic game graphics will like what they enjoy. I don't believe they brought in any more preconceived judgements on this unknown game then anyone else. We all have our ideas of a good game.

They, along with every Simmer, wants to love and probably still want* to love the new series.

Still, there are people who have played TS2 and TS3 and do not like TS4 proposed graphics. That is their right to decide if they don't like it. I don't believe it has anything to do with playing or not playing TS2. -In my opinion.

• Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've been playing the sims since the original back when it was first released. I'm excited for the sims 4 and am looking forward to hearing more about it. i've always had a love/hate relationship with the sims 3. Sometimes i would enjoy it, other times I would be bored of it. The one thing that has remained constant throughout the sims 3 series is that for me it's never felt like that sims. It's felt like a sims type game but not like the sims.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2013
    I haven't paid too much attention to who was for and against the game.
    But I can say that I've been a fan of Sims 1 through 3 and I am very excited about Sims 4.
    Although I can say (especially now that the game as all of its EPs) that I personally think Sims 3 was a dud in comparison to its predecessors. It was very flat and the sims often were robotic and stoic in nature. I did not like their look either.

It was quite hoity-toity to me. I like something more spunky. And while Sims 2 had its corny moments, I could appreciate its personality. And I loved Sims 1...and the console games (Bustin Out, Urbz)
    It just feel right this time as compared to Sims 3
    (Not to say Sims 3 was worthless, I loved the open town, the look of Bridgeport, the clubs, story progression and customization. But overall it felt so empty towards the end to me)
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited August 2013
    auricio288 wrote:

What do you guys think?

I don't resemble that remark. :P

I started in TS3 and I am excited for TS4. I'd like to think I know what fun really is despite that. Thanks alot! :lol:
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited August 2013
    adventfear wrote:

^ ^ This
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2013
    I also have been playing the Sims since the original first came out..
    I feel a lot of people are forgetting what the Sims games actually are and I don't understand all these people asking for super realistic Sims when the game has never been aiming for realistic..
    Also the original game was going to be called 'Doll House' till the new name. Now I'm not here to tell people how to play their games and I know everyone has a different play style but that's what makes this game so great but also brings so many people wanting different ideas..

To be honest I've got that same feeling I had about the Sims 1.. This a clean slate, fresh beginning.. I for one am embracing it! :)
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited August 2013
    I agree. Some people seem to want a totally different game. Fact is, graphics dont matter much for this type of gameplay. It's light hearted fun and I've been playing since sims 1. I got way more into sims 2 than sims 3. Looking back, the sims 2 looked awful.
  • Options
    DDOAndoraDDOAndora Posts: 245 Member
    edited August 2013
    Not only off base but not helpful. Man, we just can not help poking each other. This "I like what I like and anyone else is a fool and a loser" is not working for me.

I started with Sims 1 when it was brand new. PC, not console. The environments have always had high end textures for that time. I like PC games, not consoles. I feel that is more what this comes down to. Not right and wrong but PC or consoles.
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ive been playing the sims since the original when i was 8. my older cousin gave it to me when it came out in 2000 and i will be forever grateful.

My problem with the game is that it seems the look is veering to far away from the look of the sims 1,2,3.

Looks tooo much like the facebook game and freeplay. IMO graphics do matter. simulating life isnt believable with playdough people.

Long time simmers should be CONCERNED.
    as we have stuck with this series for over a decade we should know what we want and we should sort of know what to expect.

Long time simmers shouldnt praise EA for everything from just a FEW screenshots! We all know from experience that EA can disappoint. We barely know anything therefore we should be concerned and EXCITED!

WE actually know nothing! EA themselves haven't confirmed nor denied any of this as far as im aware. although its probably legit we cant assume anything about the game until we know.