Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Captain Salty Pant's WIP

Decided to make one of these threads to show off some pics

I do not have CC in my game, and all my creations are to my knowledge CC free. However, I would recommend still scanning with custard if you want to be careful.
d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg

Comments

• SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited August 2013
    This is my newest build in AP for tanu's story contest

I really like the look of some of the AP houses so the exterior is made to fit right in.
    Screenshot-2_zpsecd6963e.jpg"width=640"

From the back, there is a smal pond and a small back yard.
    Screenshot-3_zps89b2a3db.jpg"width=640"

top floor, 1 master bedroom and bath, and two bedrooms with additional bath.
    Screenshot-4_zps7730dd73.jpg"width=640"

Semi-open plan downstairs, with kitchen and hallway in one, a more private dining room towards the front and a large living room.
    Screenshot-5_zpsb37f8fdb.jpg"width=640"
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited August 2013
    I am glad you've started a thread! Your home looks very nice -- the floor plan is great. Looking forward to seeing the finished version :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    edited August 2013
    It is great that you have started a thread and have posted some pictures of your new WIP. It is looking great. :) Great layout of the home. It will be great to see updates of it/the finished build :)
  • amberaura23amberaura23 Posts: 434 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Looks good so far! Can't wait to see the finished product:)
    edited August 2013
    more pics, I've been a busy bee this morning.

The house now has some curb appeal, I'm psyched to finally have a garden that can use the plum trees. I love them, but they don't go with my regular color scheme.
    Screenshot-6_zpsaa327e92.jpg"width=640"

The back is a lot more finished too, I'm trying to keep the back porch light on the deco, I think I did o.k.
    Screenshot-7_zps79b39e6c.jpg"width=640"

Upstairs is finished. One nursery and an extra bedroom with 2 beds to add to the master bedroom.
    Screenshot-9_zps3fdd9e43.jpg"width=640"

Downstairs is still very much a WIP, I've settled on the floors and wall coverings I like but the tricky part is decorating the living room, since it's part of the story...
    Screenshot-10_zpsbf2097fd.jpg"width=640"

I think I've managed to cram in rather a lot on a 20x30 lot.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited August 2013
    You're build looks really cool Salt :) I love the interior. It is really space efficient, and seems to contain a lot in quite a small place. I'd describe it as nice and liveable. Well done!:) I will rec' as soon as you have uploaded this!:D
    edited August 2013
    The way you have done the flowers and plants looks great. :) Nice way you have curved them around the corner of the front porch and have them under the front window. The way you have done the plants in the backyard combined with the nice pond is making the back outdoors a nice setting for spending time outside. Sims will be enjoying the view from the rocking chair. The upstairs rooms look great. Nice colours you have used.
    It is going well ! :)
  • GreenDream19GreenDream19 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi Salty! Your house is looking great so far! Can't wait to see it finished! :D
  • WittyladyWittylady Posts: 573 Member
    edited August 2013
    Very nice Salty xxx It looks a large house so you have done very well with that 20 x 30 plot
  • BambooEaterrrBambooEaterrr Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited August 2013
    A beautiful home :D I really like the window placement and the room layout. It looks like it's gonna be a really cozy home, I can't wait to see it finished :)

Edit - Do you maybe have some pics of the upstairs that aren't from above? :)
    Also the roofing is perfect, great job on that! :thumbup:
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2013
    Nice home. I like the exterior very much. :D
    edited August 2013
    A beautiful home :D I really like the window placement and the room layout. It looks like it's gonna be a really cozy home, I can't wait to see it finished :)

Edit - Do you maybe have some pics of the upstairs that aren't from above? :)
    Also the roofing is perfect, great job on that! :thumbup:

I'll try to get some :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited August 2013
    As Bamboo requested here are some shots from indoors.

Starting with the spare bedroom, a guest room was my thinking when I decorated.
    Screenshot_zpsd2485427.jpg"width=640"

The nursery has a kind of jungle theme.
    Screenshot-2_zps6cbaeeca.jpg"width=640"

Master bedroom, with study area, bed and sitting area.
    Screenshot-3_zps25491569.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-4_zps3343f300.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-5_zps42249a8f.jpg"width=640"

Dining room. I tried to keep the kitchen and diningroom in similar colors since they go together.
    Screenshot-6_zpsc7018f26.jpg"width=640"

Kitchen is simple and homey.
    Screenshot-7_zps350edf1f.jpg"width=640"

Livingroom still very much a WIP, but I changed colorscheeme to burnt orange. It's supposed to feel like an old grandmother lives here :)
    Screenshot-9_zpsba61625e.jpg"width=640"

With asian influences and a lot of drapes it feels like home.
    Screenshot-8_zps8b294145.jpg"width=640"
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • BambooEaterrrBambooEaterrr Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited August 2013
    I really like all the different colors you've used :D The nursery looks so cute with that wallpaper and the colorscheme in the dining room is so pretty ^^ And you nailed that "old grandmother feel" lol, it looks very homey and cozy :)
    edited August 2013
    It is great to see the update photo of the interior rooms. Very nice furnishing of the interior. :) Nice shades of colours you have used in the various rooms. The wall pattern you have used in the spare bedroom looks nice, and the green jungle themed wall pattern/floor mat makes it a fun bright place for little sims to enjoy playing and sleeping in. It looks great how you have set up the various areas of the master bedroom. Sims will enjoy sitting and reading whilst relaxing on the chairs in the sitting area, as well as being able to catch up on studying at the desk or do some creative painting work. Nice colours of the kitchen and dining room. The pictures on the wall of the dining room area look great and add a nice touch and calm sight to see when dining. Great to have the bar nearby for sims to have a drink. The curtains in the kitchen suit the build and add to the homely feel of the kitchen. Great eat-in bar counter there to enjoy a meal . The living room is looking great .
    It is going well !
    edited September 2013
    This is one of the best photo collections I've ever done in game, as well as a sneak peak at my new story. Sims photography has become fun again!

Screenshot-29_zpsaa160076.jpg"width=640"
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited August 2013
    The sims photos collection on the wall of that room looks great! :) It is such a great personal and special look to the room. Great photo filter you have used. It looks great how you have positioned the photos with the sizes of each photo. It looks great!
    edited August 2013
    The house is finally done :)

I had some issues with sims falling through floors, but I think it was just the sims that were bugged because I had used a lot of MOO on them when taking the photographs. If anyone has any problems with sims falling through the floors please let me know.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7594665
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited August 2013
    It is great that you have finished and uploaded your house. I read the story of your sim and her life on the contest thread. You have done the story very beautifully ! :) Very nice way you have written and combined the words with the photos. The pictures and words are very expressive of the stages of her life. It is great the way you told her life story by beginning at the end and going backwards. The photos of her life on the walls of the home is a special feature of the home, the story, and of Sandra. Great creating of Sandra , the sims in her family and her house. :)
    edited August 2013
    The sims photo collection looks great! I had great fun with that in some of my builds. Nice job! Left you a recommendation. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited August 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    The sims photo collection looks great! I had great fun with that in some of my builds. Nice job! Left you a recommendation. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks. it's very much appreciated :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited August 2013
    I want to share a previous build of mine, also for 70 Rochelle Lane (since it's one of my favorite building lots)

This one is a starting bungalow coming in at just under 15.000 simoleons. It comes ready to accommodate a young couple or a couple just deciding to start a family.

View from street
    Screenshot-5_zps064b2745.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-13_zps5a2de065.jpg"width=640"

overview
    Screenshot-12_zps984144a4.jpg"width=640"

Living room / kitchen
    Screenshot-4_zpsa49140e3.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-5_zpsf6b0cc15.jpg"width=640"

Bedroom
    Screenshot-8_zps2185c4f3.jpg"width=640"

Bath
    Screenshot-6_zpsc5837c02.jpg"width=640"

Backyard
    Screenshot-18_zpsf4f31676.jpg"width=640"

download link
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7295634
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Starting Bungalow is great. :) It is great to have the outdoor picnic table and grill for sims to enjoy cooking and eating outdoors in the sunshine. Nice way you have done the outside flowers at the front of the house. Sims will enjoy doing some painting and playing the guitar.
    A great starter home to move into!
    edited August 2013
    Such a cute bungalow! Looks so cosy! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited August 2013
    I got some inspiration to build 3 houses that were based on each other. One is a starter house with 1 bedroom, the second is still a small house with 2 bedrooms for the starting family, and the last one is a family house with at least 3 bedrooms. The budgets are
    1=16,500, 2=25,000, 3=50,000. I might be slightly over, I might be slightly under. Who knows...

Anyway, this is what I have last time I saved. I did build more but computer crash :(

This is the first layout. The budget house is closest to camera. I will probably remove the balcony from the more luxurious house.
    Screenshot-24_zps356645b1.jpg"width=640"

This is the color palate I think I will go with. Very neutral colors that goes in every world. They all sit on 20X30 lots btw.
    Screenshot-25_zps074b6cfb.jpg"width=640"
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg