Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My IP Beach House Building Contest entry showcase thread! Donforlor Oasis

TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
Welcome to Donforlor Oasis

This showcase thread is for--Island Paradise-Beach House Building Contest hosted by GreenDream19,tkbluebasketball & Temerald7667!

Bardy and Cassie Donforlor expressed their wish for a home to raise their children that would give them everything they need. Their requirements for each of these children is that they each have their own rooms that suits their personalities and all the items to advance in their chosen skills. They also love to swim and the beach. This home gives them that and more!

Lets take a walk around Donforlor Oasis

Screenshot-71_zps35be71b2.jpg
Front entrance with a secruity gate, wraparound porch, 2 car and 6 bicycle parking.

Screenshot-72_zpseac4eb70.jpg
Wraparound porch going to the back deck. Mooring post with Sailboat.
Screenshot-73_zpscfaaff6d.jpg

Screenshot-61_zps0b622f71.jpg
Back Deck leading to the main house, Gym and Sauna with BBQ area, bar, pool, firepit, games and a 3 boat dock.
Screenshot-56_zps86f3ccae.jpg

Screenshot-63_zps51d112f4.jpg
Beach access and playground
Screenshot-64_zps34da5e98.jpg

Screenshot-65_zps2c848e14.jpg
Garden Gazebo, Greenhouse and garden
Screenshot-28_zpsecb78d8b.jpg

Screenshot-26_zps179911a0.jpg
2 alchemy stations in the greenhouse for mixing potions no matter what time of the year.
Screenshot-7_zpsf5308dbc.jpg
Garden Gazebo with Hot tub and relaxing area just for mom & dad.

Screenshot-66_zps66b5988b.jpg
This concludes the walk around now for the placement.

Screenshot-29_zpsd4d6bd45.jpg

Comments

• TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited August 2013
    Screenshot-100_zpsdb8bf9d9.jpg

Come on in and Welcome! Lets walkthrough the interior.

382f323b-fc5d-4614-9591-aaf48878497e_zpsddc886b7.jpg
    The first room you enter is the Living room.
    18820e8c-febc-4644-922e-71acad5fcbe1_zpsea9b725b.jpg

Screenshot-79_zpsd5b8a17f.jpg
    Semi-Open Kitchen

Screenshot-81_zpsa6b0c363.jpg
    Formal Dining with breakfast bar.
    0afc3295-bef7-4a28-8566-a18917a28277_zpsf562b1f0.jpg

Screenshot-80_zps0cee1a33.jpg
    Half bath and Laundry

Screenshot-32_zpsa599bd66.jpg
    Birdseye view of Living, Kitchen, Dining and Laundry/bath.
    edited August 2013
    Lets take a peek at the Master Bedroom, Master bath and Office.
    Screenshot-33_zps8c800029.jpg

Screenshot-49_zpsfced8a29.jpg
    Both Brady and Cassie are accomplished writers and need this office to further their carreers.

Screenshot-50_zpsa3fe6306.jpg
    Cassie's favorite color is green and Brady's is blue making their bedroom a soft soothing retreat.

Screenshot-52_zps4da4f15f.jpg
    Cassie took over the Master bath only allowing some aqua blue. :wink:
    Screenshot-53_zpsf44385ec.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Sorry for the delay. I so hate interruptions when I have a mission! :P

Anyhoo let's move on to the Gym, Indoor Lap Pool and Sauna! :D

Screenshot-31_zps192a161f.jpg
    Birdseye view of the Gym, Lap Pool, Sauna and back deck.

Screenshot-58_zps0201b241.jpg
    Full Gym with 2 Treadmill, Wieght benches and 1 Chinup bars. Ballet bar and stereo for Calisthenics with a full bath attached and a door to the Lap Pool.
    Screenshot-57_zps893228d8.jpg

Screenshot-99_zpsad4a3492.jpg
    On the deck is the entrence to the Sauna. The view is Gorgeous!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2013

Upstairs Family/Game area.

Screenshot-43_zps64482092.jpg
    Birdseye of the Family play room/area
    Screenshot-46_zpsbb3739ae.jpg
    Pool table, all the musical instruments and a snack kitchen also.
    Screenshot-47_zps238ac443.jpg
    A chess table by the window and a book shelf for when you just want to relax.

Screenshot-44_zps0ab7f9cc.jpg
    Bidrseye of the serious gamers area. :D
    Screenshot-45_zpsd3f7cf10.jpg
    edited August 2013

Nursery and play area:

Screenshot-42_zps2dea971f.jpg
    Birdseye view of the Nursery and play area.
    Screenshot-48_zps61ed6027.jpg
    Hey the house is already full you two! :wink:
    edited August 2013
    Alecs bedroom, bath and balcony.

Screenshot-38_zpsbf0aeeb7.jpg
    Birdseye of his bedroom and bath.
    Screenshot-21_zps3d1fd0dc.jpg
    Like his father Alec plans on traveling the world in pursuit of his sports passions. Alecs favorite color is orange :wink:
    Screenshot-22_zpsb9fd37aa.jpg

Screenshot-20_zpsfc064f79.jpg
    Alec and Phoebe's exercise, skill and relax balcony. Alec practising for his travels to Asian countries!

Not quite done yet! I still have 5 more bedrooms to go! :shock: :P
    edited August 2013
    Claire's Bedroom, bath and balcony. All of Brady and Cassie's children were born Witches but Claire is the one who is experimenting the most with witchcraft. She is very Broody and her favorite colors are dark. Will Cassie have to take her to task befor she travels the wrong road?

Screenshot-34_zps065b0bf8.jpg
    Birdseye view of Claire's bedroom, bathroom, and balcony.

Screenshot-14_zps820c3659.jpg
    The perfect spot to brood!
    Screenshot-12_zps053326fc.jpg
    Claire is studing the potions. Which is she trying to make? Good or Bad?
    Screenshot-13_zpseb159fc0.jpg

edited August 2013
    Damon's bedroom, bath and balcony. Damon is kinda shy and prefers to work out in private where nobody can watch and tell him how they think he should do it. He is a dedicated athlete and is keeping up with his siblings even at his own pace. His favorite color is yellow.

Screenshot-9_zpsdf97bcc3.jpg
    Chinups are a great way to warm up befor you start the real work out!
    Screenshot-11_zpsce968203.jpg
    After chinups he can move on out to the balcony and do some hard working out.
    Screenshot-10_zpsdede0176.jpg

edited August 2013
    Jace has a passion for the Arts! Mainly Music! Brady and Cassie is giving all of their support and making sure he has all that he needs to excel in his chosen path.

Screenshot-36_zps4ac491df.jpg
    Birdeye of Jace's bedroom, bath and balcony.

Screenshot-24_zps15e53bfb.jpg
    Jace's favorite color is red.
    Screenshot-25_zps6761c515.jpg

Screenshot-23_zpsd3f099e6.jpg
    Open air practise!!
    edited August 2013
    Mandy Is irresistible and the scary part is she knows it and uses it to her advantage. :wink: She is athletic like all of the children but only when you aren't looking she really love to curl up with a good book on the balcony.

Screenshot-35_zps174e5176.jpg
    Birdeye of Mandy's bedroom, bath and balcony.
    Screenshot-16_zps6adeb70d.jpg
    Her favorite color is pink. :wink:
    Screenshot-17_zpsc046d977.jpg

edited August 2013
    Last but not least we have Phoebe. She is the tomboy of the girls. She love to workout with her father and brothers accepting every challenge in good sport. Alec and her bedrooms are located next to the stairs going down to the Gym so that they can go at anytime! They share a balcony and enjoying working out together.

Screenshot-37_zpsbde93102.jpg
    Birdeye view of bedroom and bath.
    Screenshot-18_zps04e7c82b.jpg
    Her favorite color is Lilac.
    Screenshot-19_zps940dbb81.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Screenshot-101_zpsd28926a7.jpg

Well it is getting late and the teenagers have school tomorrow. I so hope you enjoyed this walkthrough as much as I did! Stop by anytime! Thank you for your time and patients!
    I would like to say thank you to the hosts and sponsors of the Island Paradise Beach House Building contest!

Wishing everyone an Awesome evening/morning/afternoon.
    Really Big Squishy Hugs, Bright Sunny Smiles, Sheba Kisses & Prissy Cuddles :D
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited August 2013
    Completely Gorgeous and well thought out! :mrgreen:
    edited August 2013
    tanubanue wrote:
    Completely Gorgeous and well thought out! :mrgreen:

Thank You Dear SS! It is the biggest lot I have ever attempted and the most expensive also! :wink: $700,000.00 :shock:
    freerealestate comes in handy! :mrgreen:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited August 2013
    Donforlor Oasis is such a very nice home! :) So many great details in it! It was very nice to go on the walkthough of it with you through the photos and accompanying descriptions of each area/room. It is great how you have designed and furnished each bedroom to suit well the sim that will be living/sleeping there, and the house as a whole is designed well to fit the needs of the family. Great way you have used the favourite colours of the various sims in the bedrooms and furnished the rooms with the items that suit well what their interests are in their lives. Great way that the bedrooms have their own balconies and bathrooms. Great layout of the home. Many great facilities that you have provided for the family to enjoy using! Great gym area with many equipment items for sims to use. It is great that sims will be able to work out using the treadmills and weights machine, as well as enjoy using the dancing bar and be able to swim indoors in the lap pool too. The sauna looks a great place to come for relaxing after the stress of a sims day. Great exterior design of the home. The wraparound porch looks great. Very nice outdoors areas! The gazebo and surrounding pond looks very nice, and would be such a relaxing spot to spend time in the hot tub. Great way you have done the outdoor pool decking area. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the loungers there, as well as enjoy cooking on the bbq, eating at the table, and having a drink from the bar outdoors in the sunlight and air. Very nice way you have done the plants and flowers through the outdoors. Great way you have built the green house, using the glass windows and the skylights. It is great that sims will be able to enjoy growing and harvesting their food plants either outside in the fruit/vegie garden or inside sheltered in the greenhouse. Great to have the 2 alchemy stations for creating lots of great elixirs to use to help in sims lives. Great family/gaming area to spend time having fun playing games, pool,listening to stereo music or playing musical instruments or having a read. It is a great place for the whole family to gather and spend time doing whatever they enjoy doing. Great design of the kitchen. It looks great how you have a breakfast bar there.
    It is a very detailed home with lots of great facilities for the sims who live there to enjoy using!Great designing, building and furnishing of it! The family will very much enjoy living in your home! It is a great home where our own sims will enjoy exploring all the areas and making it there own home too!:)
    edited August 2013
    rosemow! It is so good to see you Dear Sweet Lady! How have you been doing? Thank You so very much for your beautiful review Sweet Lady! It means so very much to me that you took the time to look at all the pictures and remarked on every little thing! God Bless you Sweet Lady with peace and happiness!

Wishing you a Fantastic day!
    Really Big Squishy Hugs, Bright Smiles, Sheba Kisses & Prissy Cuddles <3
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited August 2013
    It's big and beautiful Terrylin! I want to go there!

Rec'd!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2013
    What a grand home! Fit for the sim celebs! Love the pool area, the sauna and the gym! Great job! Left you a well deserved recommendation. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi Terry! Your house looks amazing! I love the gold/sandy colour you've used for the wallpaper and the purple flowers just make it looks so PRETTY! i love purple things :D The view from the little porch is absolutely STUNNING! I would love to live there! I would be just sitting there all the time watching youtube videos or reading a book! The pool area looks AMAZING! I love how there's so many places to sit and rest! A great place to throw a big get together party with family and friends! Having a beach right by your house would be so AMAZING! :D The playground area looks like a fantastic place for kids to mess about with friends and just have a fabulous time! The garden gazebo area is absolutely stunning and so well landscaped! the landscaping in this place is just.... fantastic! I think the garden greenhouse section looks cute :P It's like... in a cute little spot there :P i love how in the gazebo there is a hot tub! Hot tub, hot tub, hot tuuubbbbbb!! lol! A great place to sit and relax and afterwards just chill by the hot tub on the little sofa bench you put down while drinking some nice fresh, cold, lemonade! :mrgreen: I love the wallpaper and flooring tiles you used for the living room area and also the colours of the couches! That rug looks really nice! The kitchen area looks really really nice as well with the green work tops! i love how nicely decorated the dining area is and while the guests sit and wait for the food they can watch it being cooked! i think those little plants really make the place feel a little more fancy and special! I love the attention to detail you used in the laundry room by putting those little bottles on the shelf! Really nice touch there! The office is just a lovely place to chillax and write stories! i love the aqua colours you used in the master bedroom and i really really like that rug with the wavy pattern! the green bathroom looks really neat! The gym area looks like a really cool place to work out and keep healthy and fit! It looks nice, bright and fresh! Another pool! Inside! AWESOME! :D i love how you added a steam room as well! The upstairs family game area looks like a really awesome place to play around with friends and family and have a go at forming a little band song! ... Of some sort :D i love the nurseries and i really like how you put a sports theme to Alec's bedroom and the bathroom to go with it looks really good!! I love how the other bedroom looks completely different from the whole house and matches the personality of Claire and what she is into! i really love the colour scheme in Damon's room and the bathroom for this looks really awesome as well!! i really like all the other bedroom designs and the pink of Phoebe's bedroom and how the bathroom is really lilac! I am IN LOVE with this house!

last but not least...

REC'D!

I wrote a paragraph like this for sdw4's contest entry... man i would HATE to be the judges for that contest! I'm enjoying writing up my reviews of these houses! :mrgreen:
    edited August 2013
    Taryn thank you so very much! You don't know how much that means to me coming from you Sweet Lady and Awesome builder! :D

yanti Thank you so very much! I so admire your builds and I love the houseboat in your siggy! :D As with Taryn your compliments mean very much to me! :D

emilzy Thank you so very much for the glorious review! I do believe you liked it! LOL You are very special to me my Sweet friend and I am glad you loved the build. It means allot to me that you loved it hon! :D

You guys are so Awesome! I thank everyone who has taken the time to read this thread and rec the build! It is so appreciated and your kind words make my nervousness just disappear!

Wishing everyone a good night and an Awesome week!
    Really big Squishy Hugs, Bright Smiles, Sheba Kisses & Prissy Cuddles
  • GreenDream19GreenDream19 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited August 2013
    Wow wow wow! I can't comment too much at this stage (being a judge and all!) but want to thank you for your entry! I can tell you've put a lot of love and hard work into this build and really considered all the needs of the Donforlor family! :D

The photos are fantastic! I loved seeing each and every one! :D

Great work sweetie! :D

• EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited August 2013
    Terrylin wrote:

emilzy Thank you so very much for the glorious review! I do believe you liked it! LOL You are very special to me my Sweet friend and I am glad you loved the build. It means allot to me that you loved it hon! :D

You guys are so Awesome! I thank everyone who has taken the time to read this thread and rec the build! It is so appreciated and your kind words make my nervousness just disappear!

Wishing everyone a good night and an Awesome week!
    Really big Squishy Hugs, Bright Smiles, Sheba Kisses & Prissy Cuddles

haha! Your welcome Terry!
    edited August 2013
    Wow wow wow! I can't comment too much at this stage (being a judge and all!) but want to thank you for your entry! I can tell you've put a lot of love and hard work into this build and really considered all the needs of the Donforlor family! :D

The photos are fantastic! I loved seeing each and every one! :D

Great work sweetie! :D

Thank YOU! I was so ready for a challenge and you three came up with the perfect thing!! It was fun to build but hectic to keep track of which room was which for a bit! :P You posted everything I needed to make it a fun build and challenge by making each room individual. I did allot of firsts with this build thanks to you guys! I can't wait to see the other entries! :D

Wishing you an Awesome evening!
    Really Big Squishy Hugs, Bright Smiles, Sheba Kisses & Prissy Cuddles