Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Porter not able to save family to bin and other issues.

So I finally got around to installing mods and after 3 days of trail and error got a great tutorial on making them work.

I got nrass porter, overwatch and error trap. I tried to use porter on my legacy family to move them to a new town due to bugs and glitches after the EA move option failed. However, it popped up with a message saying something like 'could not save family to bin'. There are 13 sims (7 living, 4 sims and 2 dogs: the rest are dead, 2 of which are the dog's parents) so I think that may have something to do with it. but I'm not sure as my gamed didn't crash but it did slow down a bit.

After this, I tried the EA way in case the other mods had made my game stable enough to move them, but again no dice. When I went back to live mode, the sim panel disappeared. I had to ctrl alt del and force it to close via control panel.

About 4 days ago I removed the graves from the family plot in their garden into the family inventory. Then I moved them near to the house to try and put them in the personal inventory. The headstones disappeared, but in the family tree the grandparents and dead sims are still there. What happened?

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do?

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2013
    hi Lozzomatic

are you able to save the family/home to bin via town edit?

re nraas ive never used porter so i cant offer much advice outside review the site for additional help.

good luck
  • LozzomaticLozzomatic Posts: 516 Member
    edited August 2013
    I tried to save them to the bin through edit town many times but it wouldn't work. I heard about Porter being able to help out, so I got it a couple of days ago.