We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[PETITION] Medieval Clothing Set Request

Petition Signers:

1 ) WingedPaladin
2 ) amjoie
3 ) Mariefoxprice83
4 ) HollownessDevour

What Dragon Valley is seriously missing is better armor and crowns! It would be great if the armor is customizable where the color of the metal could be changed to gold armor, dark armor, and even patterned armor! I'm hoping for full plate and half plate especially for both women and men with a variety of helmet styles.

103986-004-D26E8C56.gifjoan.gif
Medieval_Helmet_ZSM835267_.jpg
medieval_helmets.jpg

Kings and queens need crowns and a customizable variety to choose from.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcDo0IawqpKqcp4IGPVkEpnsFYUq3WRtEHdGGpKg9v_grw05Ooimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhf4r8CJqhnd2GJWNILGkR69S2Za2KecBWDnT-XfzPmpf-47vkimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfSS_1TmXr64u7pcx_pwvZys6FZ8pFK813d_gbCuqYjzbcU5jEimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFwQrLyce1tWlsGJ-k4O-w3_WVEndoflkbk7_I68WsA59cjl0XrQNobility-rank-coronets-nobility-crowns.jpgmedieval_hats_crowns_LRG.jpg

I would like to see more outfits for monks, priests, friars, and nuns as well as they certainly played a significant part in medieval life. Hoods would be swell.

Signers Requests:

1 ) Armor for children and teens (Mariefoxprice83)
2 ) Sword fighting (Mariefoxprice83)
3 ) Decorative, customizable, recolorable swords (Mariefoxprice83)
4 ) Sutton Hoo helmet (Mariefoxprice83)
5 ) Chainmail bikini (HollownessDevour) (Hehe, you might actually be able to recolor existing bikinis to be chainmail.)

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2013
    In theory a great idea - in Sims not so good - least I remind anyone who has bought Barnacle Bay - you will then end up with all the NPCs running around in ALL your worlds in parts of the armour - nothing like seeing bartenders in the knights helm, or maybe with breastplate with teeny weenie underwear standing protesting at town hall - the insane and inappropriate sims love to spin into everything strange we have - and no one ever puts on the whole outfit so it looks really disgusting. Besides who wants NPCs in armour in every world? I know I don't. They dress weird enough now as it is. My sims kid teen baby sitter showed up 3 times in one week wearing that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 jester hat I put back in here to use for DV court jesters. The baby sitter was in IP.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• WingedPaladinWingedPaladin Posts: 402
    edited August 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    In theory a great idea - in Sims not so good - least I remind anyone who has bought Barnacle Bay - you will then end up with all the NPCs running around in ALL your worlds in parts of the armour - nothing like seeing bartenders in the knights helm, or maybe with breastplate with teeny weenie underwear standing protesting at town hall - the insane and inappropriate sims love to spin into everything strange we have - and no one ever puts on the whole outfit so it looks really disgusting. Besides who wants NPCs in armour in every world? I know I don't. They dress weird enough now as it is. My sims kid teen baby sitter showed up 3 times in one week wearing that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 jester hat I put back in here to use for DV court jesters. The baby sitter was in IP.

That is the beauty of the Sims 3 Store! We can choose what we want in our game and what we don't want.

NRAAS MasterController is great for fixing odd randomizations on NPCs.
    edited August 2013
    But not many off site people I know use mods - so the ones that don't have to put up with annoying clothing. I don't think that is fair. But if mods are so good at keeping that stuff off of townies I wonder why it is so many people are constantly complaining about the pirate gear and the flippers, never mind the animal costumes. I know these people use Twallans mods - OW, MC, SP, Register, and Traveller - but they still complain.

I test worlds so I have no mods - and therefore zero stoppage of random weird clothing. They actually complain more than I do and these are mature, long time Simmers and creators. I find that odd - but perhaps you are just very lucky.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,512 Member
    edited August 2013
    Crowns would work, though. If an insane sim started wearing a crown, he would just look certifiably insane. Don't they all stereotypically think they're Napoleon, or the King of England or some such? ;)

(My King and Queen need a crown, in DV. I'll put up with a little insanity to get them. ;) )
    edited August 2013
    Well crowns wouldn't be a big problem like a full set of armour would with all the different parts. Seeing npcs never wear a full set of anything - just things like the shoes or the hat or maybe the top with underwear - I could probably tolerate the full set of armour - just put it in my head as one of the ST crowd or theater people - and crowns are used for lots of things from fairy queens to ballerina's to sims in formals - it is just one item - we even have a hair with a crown - so that wouldn't really be a big problem - it is the armour that I know would be a really pain in the bottom other wise it would be cool for a Halloween Costume - but unfortunately the way things like that act in the game I see it as a problem. Plus the fact DV is supposed to be relatively modernized - so how do you drive a car with a helm on or armour for that matter. Would look cool at the Renassaince Faire though.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited August 2013
    The store team can disable the random category on such items - I downloaded a mod to do it for the KPST stuff
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
    edited August 2013
    Marialoves alex - like I said I can't use mods and I know lots of simmers that know nothing about mods because they don't go on forums.

Past history says EA does not disable the NPCs and we all know no matter what you disable it does not affect the inappropriate and insane sims or the NPCs for some unknown reason unless they are all unappropriate. Like Bartenders they were forever wearing animal Ears and pirates hats until EA finally added a separate list for costumes - but if you put what they want in costumes then they could only wear them to parties so it would solve my problem but not the requester.

You have to realize a lot less people use mods than those that do use them. Not a heck of a lot of simmers come here on this forum. Try mentioning mods on the sims facebook page and you might as well be talking about one more thing the people there have never heard of or they look at as something really bad.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,090 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love the idea of more armour and crowns and stuff :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes! and... personally... I'd love a chainmail bikini too :)
  • ChainzzChainzz Posts: 207 Member
    edited August 2013
    No Thankyou I wouldnt like more medievil stuff in the store,i got bored of Dragon Valley quite fast. Now i wouldnt mind some Futuristic Gear coming to the store,in time for Into the Future EP. :wink:
    edited August 2013
    Why all the naysayers? If you don't like something, simply don't buy it and don't install it. There are a lot of simmers who do want more medieval stuff and have been requesting this.
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited August 2013
    Chainzz wrote:
    No Thankyou I wouldnt like more medievil stuff in the store,i got bored of Dragon Valley quite fast. Now i wouldnt mind some Futuristic Gear coming to the store,in time for Into the Future EP. :wink:

I am futured out and we don't even have the EP yet, I felt maybe just cause Lunar lakes, and all the Futreshock stuff seemed to cover all bases and now we are getting an EP on top of that... really I do not want more focus on things we seem to have efficient amount of content on like normal/modern and Futureshock and Ultra Modern... and I LIKE future/ultra modern I am a science fiction freak-geek!

I am really excited for the EP but since we don't get to travel to the past I think it be nice if the store made up for that :)
    edited August 2013
    Just wanted to add that there should be appropriate content for all ages. Kids don't really NEED armour but they could play at being warriors so that would be fine too. But there is a definite need for more child, teen and elder stuff in the historical theme. And as a feminist I would be very happy to see armour for female sims.

I know there's some stuff out there already but I don't quite have it all yet. I intend to buy the Tudor and Once Upon a Time sets when I get a job, hopefully in a few months.

PS sword fighting would be AMAZING! Then we could have decorative swords too!

PPS I'd love it if we had a replica of the Sutton Hoo helmet (1st pic) because I saw a replica of it in a sword/armour shop recently and it was amazing. Were I not an unemployed student I would have been sorely tempted!
    edited August 2013
    Just wanted to add that there should be appropriate content for all ages. Kids don't really NEED armour but they could play at being warriors so that would be fine too. But there is a definite need for more child, teen and elder stuff in the historical theme. And as a feminist I would be very happy to see armour for female sims.

I know there's some stuff out there already but I don't quite have it all yet. I intend to buy the Tudor and Once Upon a Time sets when I get a job, hopefully in a few months.

PS sword fighting would be AMAZING! Then we could have decorative swords too!

PPS I'd love it if we had a replica of the Sutton Hoo helmet (1st pic) because I saw a replica of it in a sword/armour shop recently and it was amazing. Were I not an unemployed student I would have been sorely tempted!

Thank you for these great suggestions! I added your requests to the top. :D
    edited August 2013