Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is deleting tombstones bad?

Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
I don't get this with the tombstone's. I thought deleting the tombstone deletes the sims from the stone. After a Sim dies the sim dies forever after the end of the ghost cycle? I am so confused.
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited August 2013

Yes I don't know either. If you don't want ghosts in your game, you need to go to edit town and bulldoze the property with the tombstones. Wit The Sims 2 we could just sell them. Two steps back!
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited August 2013
    When you delete a tombstone you are knocking holes in other sims family history.

There is no end of a ghost cycle. A dead sim is just like a living sim, except they are a different life state. For instance, a Genie is a different life state to a human sim.

Dead sims are not 'dead' they are just a different type of sim. So when you delete that tombstone, it takes that sim out of another sim or sims family history, so they no longer had a father or a son for instance.

I don't think there is any other harm to your game, and if you really want them gone, then so be it. Its possible though that deleting sims might have other knock on glitch effects, but im not sure ive ever seen any reported.
  • treintrientreintrien Posts: 492 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I read somewhere it's ok to remove tombstones of 'your sims'.

It's the premade EA families that you cannot remove. (like the Alto's )

If you remove those tombstones, the game will send commands to sims who aren't there anymore. They seem to be hardwired in the game.

There is a post about that somewhere, unforntuantly I did not bookmark it and thus can't find it anymore :cry:
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited August 2013
    Deleting tombstones does not remove sims from the family tree. Let's make that clear. The game itself doesn't save the tombstones of sims that your active family didn't have a notable relationship with, and that doesn't affect the family tree. Heck, I once outright bulldozed a tombstone that happened to be of the grandfather of one of my sims. His grandpa was still in the family tree.

However, you won't get any hauntings or chances of resurrection from a ghost whose tombstone you removed.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited August 2013
    When you delete a tombstone you are knocking holes in other sims family history.

There is no end of a ghost cycle. A dead sim is just like a living sim, except they are a different life state. For instance, a Genie is a different life state to a human sim.

Dead sims are not 'dead' they are just a different type of sim. So when you delete that tombstone, it takes that sim out of another sim or sims family history, so they no longer had a father or a son for instance.

I don't think there is any other harm to your game, and if you really want them gone, then so be it. Its possible though that deleting sims might have other knock on glitch effects, but im not sure ive ever seen any reported.

Yes, you might be a bit right, ok. But then it would be better, if I could just pick them up and place them in a grave yard without being forced to switch playable Family. :!:
  • xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited August 2013
    With the new feature to buy additional lots you can make a family graveyard to get ghosts out of your hair in a legacy family.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2013
    I thought ghosts had limited life they can only stay haunting for the number of days of the elder life before they go back into the neither world. Old sims only. Sims that die of other states can only be among the living until the end of their current life state than they revert back into a tombstone to be resureted again either completely or as a ghost state.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited August 2013
    InfraGreen wrote:
    Deleting tombstones does not remove sims from the family tree. Let's make that clear. The game itself doesn't save the tombstones of sims that your active family didn't have a notable relationship with, and that doesn't affect the family tree. Heck, I once outright bulldozed a tombstone that happened to be of the grandfather of one of my sims. His grandpa was still in the family tree.

However, you won't get any hauntings or chances of resurrection from a ghost whose tombstone you removed.

THIS ^^

don't listen to other posters, nothing gets deleted in family trees, no "holes", etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top