This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

My sim's teenage son is engaged?!

So in the family that I am currently playing, the teenage son recently got a girlfriend. I had purposely established this relationship since I plan on having them get married when they get older. Last night I decided to switch households for a bit and spend some time playing my other favorite families in town. When I went back to my main household today, the teenage son is engaged to his former girlfriend! They are able to "enthuse about wedding", although there is no option to get married. This obviously isn't a big deal, it's just weird. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Both of them are 15 or so days from becoming Young Adults.

EDIT: I looked in his memories and there is nothing about getting engaged..

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2013
    Are you playing with mods, like NRaas Story Progression? It sometimes will have a big impact on relationships, if the relationship is high enough it'll trigger the next level. (I had a Sim get engaged while a teen -- I even had him do the "Ask for Hand in Marriage" interaction with his girlfriend's mom which gives a really nice moodlet. (I need to go play that save again sometime...)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Achoo89Achoo89 Posts: 608 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have heard that with Generations you can ask you boyfriend/girlfriend's father/mother for their hand in marriage.
    Although I've never had it in my game!

Dee xxx
  • Options
    Kelly3221Kelly3221 Posts: 905 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Are you playing with mods, like NRaas Story Progression? It sometimes will have a big impact on relationships, if the relationship is high enough it'll trigger the next level. (I had a Sim get engaged while a teen -- I even had him do the "Ask for Hand in Marriage" interaction with his girlfriend's mom which gives a really nice moodlet. (I need to go play that save again sometime...)

I currently do not have any mods, although I do believe that I had the Story Progression mod at some point... And that's hilarious about his girlfriends mom! I guess it doesn't really matter since I plan on having them get married anyway. They're just getting a head start. :-)
  • Options
    Kelly3221Kelly3221 Posts: 905 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Achoo89 wrote:
    I have heard that with Generations you can ask you boyfriend/girlfriend's father/mother for their hand in marriage.
    Although I've never had it in my game!

Dee xxx

That's probably it then. Thanks! I've had Generations installed since it first came out and I've never had anything like this happen. LOL :-)