Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simbot vs plumbots

When this E.P. arrives, what will happen to the Simbots we have now :?:

Comments

• Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited July 2013
    They will be just as boring and obsolete as they always were. :mrgreen: Almost certainly no changes will be made to them.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited July 2013
    Avytar2 wrote:

Nothing. They are different lifestates, creatures, occults. They are not Plumbots.

So there is no need to change them.
  • Avytar2Avytar2 Posts: 659 Member
    edited July 2013
    That's what I figured, thanks.
  • andyb9274andyb9274 Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2013
    I never thought of that. :?

Maybe, making a Simbot in the present unlocks Plumbots in the future, making them some sort of prototype. Or through another way, for those who don't have Ambitions.
  • EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited August 2013
    *Shrug*
    I do sense people doing a Simbot/Plumbot romance thing XD
    You're too late.
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited August 2013
    EmmaBarbie wrote:
    *Shrug*

You sensed correctly. 8) :lol:
  • wolfhunter360wolfhunter360 Posts: 150
    edited August 2013
    EmmaBarbie wrote:
    *Shrug*
    when I read this I thought of Wall-e and Eve https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1we3NPt2STvTCMLbQ0BZapVYjgjnAxPkRJYMPmVEnytmduwbC
  • Wii505Wii505 Posts: 15
    edited September 2013
    :idea: I think it will be 8) if Simbots can do the same thing as Plumbots or be upgraded to one.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2013
    Generally speaking: nothing will happen to Simbots as they got nothing to do with each other (what Greenya said).

Personally speaking: The arrival of ITF will become doomsday for my Simbots as I plan to exchange all of those annoying crap assemblies with programmable, all shiny Plumbots. :D
    This space is for rent.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Generally speaking: nothing will happen to Simbots as they got nothing to do with each other (what Greenya said).

Personally speaking: The arrival of ITF will become doomsday for my Simbots as I plan to exchange all of those annoying crap assemblies with programmable, all shiny Plumbots. :D

One will live on in my game.
    She's going to be unique, like Data. 8)
    Screenshot-1840.jpg

I wonder if she will be able to fly with a jet pack. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited September 2013
    Oh yes, CK! I remember her well. I think she is still your most ingenious creation. :thumbup:
    It would be too sad to loose her.
    This space is for rent.
  • Avytar2Avytar2 Posts: 659 Member
    edited September 2013
    One will live on in my game.
    She's going to be unique, like Data. 8)
    Screenshot-1840.jpg

I wonder if she will be able to fly with a jet pack. :) [/quote]

I like that one it look cool. I hope the jet pack thing works for you.
  • georgeopolisgeorgeopolis Posts: 475 Member
    edited September 2013
    It's stupid, you know. They could've made something interesting with it. When King was asked if plumbots and simbots will be able to have some special interactions while socializing, he just bumbled and said they will be able to socialize/speak/do actions with each other. So no special itneractions between these two, as always, EA forgets a detail or few that would make the game perfect.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited September 2013
    My simbots are going bye-bye. I do appreciate them, if it wasn't for simbots then servos wouldn't have been created and whatever came after that and then now plumbots.

Still, I have a family where the mother created a simbot but I'm thinking about killing off that SB and creating a revamped PB version.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • pak_eapak_ea Posts: 262 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Simbots (from Ambition) were poorly designed anyway. The whole point of having a robot is so it can take some load off your busy sims to make their lives easier, thats why Servo was so **** popular back in previous version of the Sims. Simbots on the other hand is basically another sims YOU need to take care, make them happy, fullfill their needs etc. Heck, they are even more pain to take care of than a regular sims.

Plumbots, at least based on the current available information, are designed in the right direction. They have very little need (energy and tune up, which can made more efficient with upgrades and chips). They need NO social/fun unless you choose to, and they have NO MOOD (unless you choose to install certain chip)! If the trait chips works correctly (for instance, if a bot with gardening chips would only do gardening and not waste their time doing other stuff and ended up needing players micromanagement) then basically they will be perfect household helper as robots are designed for.
    edited September 2013
    Yep and that's why I will exchange all of those crap assemblies (Simbots) with all shiny and programmable Plumbots. :)
    This space is for rent.
  • trek186trek186 Posts: 52
    edited September 2013
    These are all of the same issues I had since I learned about Plumbots being in the game. If you don't have ambitions, then sure plumbots are ok to lob into the game, and no explanation is needed.

BUT... If you do have Ambitions, then the plumbots seem like a giant step backwards from the Simbots. For me it is hard to swallow that you have a sentient simbot, and then the big future advance are these plumbots which require "trait" chips. But that's just me.

In any event I am excited since the gardener bot does what the simbot can't: garden without shorting out/complaining!
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited September 2013
    trek186 wrote:
    These are all of the same issues I had since I learned about Plumbots being in the game. If you don't have ambitions, then sure plumbots are ok to lob into the game, and no explanation is needed.

BUT... If you do have Ambitions, then the plumbots seem like a giant step backwards from the Simbots. For me it is hard to swallow that you have a sentient simbot, and then the big future advance are these plumbots which require "trait" chips. But that's just me.

In any event I am excited since the gardener bot does what the simbot can't: garden without shorting out/complaining!

Wow, this is the first time ive heard an opinion like this! Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but i wasnt into its junky look, personally... And the fact that all the bots did have personalities did make them seem more close to humans in that way, but to me it didnt fit with their crappy exterior. They were pretty much just like normal sims.

The plumbots seem like they will actually look like robots... Obviously. And you can customize them, that is so awesome... Sire they wont automatically have traits, but that makes it seem more challenging... Besides, you can buy one with trait chips already installed if you would like.

I barely ever touched simbots... Like CK, i tried making a few humanoid ones,,but didnt keep them since they didnt seem especially special to me. It would be kinda cool if we could make the plumbots look human... Then they could really be proper androids...
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited September 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:
    Avytar2 wrote:

Nothing. They are different lifestates, creatures, occults. They are not Plumbots.

So there is no need to change them.

Well, there is a need to change them, because they are horrible. But odds are, nothing will change.
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited September 2013
    Has no one ever thought to cure their Simbot with potent cure elixir?

And is there a way to become a plumbot instead of building one?
    Origin ID: Barbara917
    edited September 2013
    Another thought: you can think of Simbot as some kind of magical mechanical creature based off steampunk movies. The ingredient you used to create one such as rare metal and heart-shaped rare gems enforced this assumption.
    They is probably a real soul that is powering the mechanical body.

Plumbots are purely products of advanced futuristic technology
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm hoping I will be able to make plumbots into replicats with MC like you could with simbots.
    The modded bots were fun to play.
    Unfortunately the fact that other Sims continually drop their cue to freak out & their walking gait is hard to ignore........
    even my favorite simbot creations, probably won't survive ITF :(
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
    edited September 2013
    pak_ea wrote:
    Another thought: you can think of Simbot as some kind of magical mechanical creature based off steampunk movies. The ingredient you used to create one such as rare metal and heart-shaped rare gems enforced this assumption.
    They is probably a real soul that is powering the mechanical body.

Plumbots are purely products of advanced futuristic technology
    It's the benefit of being young to have such fantasy. :)
    For me Sims (and therefore Simbots) are just interactive data containers. :?
    Maybe it's also because I'm a developer.
    It's similar to being a movie director. As such you don't watch a movie like average people. You look at the work of the actors, the lighting, picture composition and things like that.
    This space is for rent.
    edited September 2013
    Well, you don't have to be an artist to think creatively :)
    In fact I am dev myself. I work on platform input (kernel codes), some of the most boring areas, heh
    edited September 2013
    pak_ea wrote:
    In fact I am dev myself. I work on platform input (kernel codes), some of the most boring areas, heh
    Gives high five. :)
    I'm a C# developer and MCTS for web development but I don't like that very much. I'm more into frameworks and currently developing mods for GTA IV.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    This space is for rent.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top