Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Little Bit of Love - Egg's Entry for Simply Creative ♥

A Little Bit of Love ♥

This is somewhat bare at the moment - I guess I'll furnish the thread once I get some chapters out. So yeah - this'll be released in chapters, of which I currently have none. :lol: But I'm just shoving this thread out here so I can prod myself to write things.

And what's this for? Angel's Story Comp. :3

I've chosen the story: A Little Bit of Love.
"

From two different worlds and two different personalities. John was a cold and anti-social type of guy and Karen was a shy and beautiful girl. John was an orphan and lost his parents in a tragic fire but he has no memory of his past. Karen was a girl who lives the unbelievable riches but was controlled by her father and she does not know how to control her own emotions by herself... John had a passion for music and Karen did not know of the world around her... By chance these two meet and world are collided. Join their journey of love and hardship as they reach from teens to adults.

"

I shall make simmies of John and Karen and include pics involving them in each chapter - as is mandatory.

Comments

• Options
    eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You can post~!
  • Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2013
    Looks like everything is set up! I cannot wait to read it! ^-^
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    John:
    John_zpsf6736cb8.png

Karen:
    Karen_zps7e38dc09.png

Chapter One up shortly. :3
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Okay, not shortly. xD But anywho -

Chapter One

ALBoL1_zps9803db52.png

Sat on the frayed piano stall, John ran his fingers over the notes, caressing all 88 keys; a tune spilled out and filled the room. It was this indescribable peace that was his favourite feeling – the thing that had attracted him to music in the first place. When he played, he was no longer an orphan with a forgotten past…

“You should seriously go out sometimes, John.”

… Until someone brought him crashing back to earth. A glare pre-fixed on his face, John spun around – bypassing all the concern in his friend’s voice. “And why do you care? It’s not like I’ll be adopted or anything. I don’t know why you all sit around being friendly, anyway.”

Visibly stung, his friend drew breath to speak – and exhaled again as John shoved past him.

“Hello?” John glanced up, surprised, from the ground; next to him on the bench sat a girl, his age and yet far smaller and skinnier than he was. “You look sad.” It was a simple, curious, statement.

He shrugged evasively. “And why do you care?”

“Well, if I see someone who looks sad, of course I’m going to care.”

John raised an eyebrow. “So you just go and harass any old person you see in the park, do you?”

“Well… No… I just… I’m lonely.” She raised her eyes, blue and framed with dark lashes, to his. “I’m lonely. I’m not… fully healthy, and because of that, I’m not allowed outside often.”

“That’s-“

The girl shook her head fiercely. “Whatever you’re thinking, it isn’t like that. It isn’t imprisonment. It’s for my own good that my father does it – and besides, we’re lucky to have a lot of money…” she paused, “I just wish I had someone my own age to speak to. And-“

“Karen?” She glanced up fearfully; John followed her gaze to the other end of the park, where a man stood, clad in a dark, crisply ironed suit.

“Is that you?” John questioned.

Nodding, Karen motioned for him to leave to stand up. “I – I have to go… My father…”

The suited man by now had spotted Karen and was approaching them. Unconsciously, John rose from the bench and backed towards a cluster of bushes; empty packets crackled beneath the soles of his shoes as he withdrew to his hiding place.

The man offered his hand – evidently he was Karen’s father – and without waiting for the gesture to be accepted, tugged his daughter from the bench. “Come on. We need to go.”

The last John saw of Karen was the bouncing of her black curls as she turned her, at the exit to the park. Blinking, John emerged as though from a dream, making as if to wave to her – but she’d already turned.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Chapter Two

It was odd that, after a year had passed, John found himself on this same bench in roughly the same position, running his fingers over the seat next to him… Where Karen had once sat. As if, somehow, she’d appear there. But these were fantasies; what was his fascination with the girl, anyway? She was hopelessly naïve… He ought to be annoyed by her. But that wasn’t the case at all.

With a sigh, he stood and cast his eyes skyward; though there weren’t a huge amount of clouds, a drizzle was picking up and chilling his freckled arms. Wasn’t it supposed to be summer? Turning back, he began to make his way along the same route he’d always taken, eyes on the pavement, puddle-dotted from previous rainfall.

Along the way, he collided into a form that hurried along the street; uttering a hasty apology, John glanced up. A girl was before him, hopelessly pale and skinny and having been knocked by him into a puddle. John grunted an awkward apology – and started when he realised how familiar she was.

“Karen…?” Hastily, he stretched out a hand, which she grabbed. “I’m sorry…”

“I-it’s okay.” Righting herself, she studied him. “You know, you shouldn’t be wearing a T-shirt in this weather.” Karen told him matter-of-factly.

“I didn’t…” John mumbled.

“Realise? It’s been raining the past few days.”

“You’re the one who fell in a puddle.” John pointed out. “And before you start blaming me, you can come back to where I live.”

“Thank you! Show me the way, then.” Before John could protest the move, Karen had a hold on his hand as if she were a child.

Sighing quietly, John completely the walk back with a girl clinging onto him as the rain completed a slow crescendo.

Karen frowned as they entered. “An orphanage?”

John shrugged. “I guess so. Hang your coat up there.”

“What happened?” She queried curiously, tugging off her soaked waterproof and hanging it onto a hook.

“Look, I don’t remember.” John sighed, and pointed to a space on the ground. “Shoes there.”

Now barefoot, Karen took the stairs to his room after him. “Doesn’t it bother you, though?”

He shrugged. “Not really. Better not to know them… Now, can you stop asking questions?”

The two of them sat on his bed for some time, holding awkward conversations as the rain dribbled down the window – until, presently, Karen leaned forward and pointed behind John at the window. “Look!”

“What?” Turning, he caught sight of the view; the rain was dying down and the sun had come out, bringing the arc of a rainbow over the dismal, puddle-ridden streets and rain-slick rooftops.

“Can we follow it?” Karen asked with a grin? “Please?”

John drew breath to reply – and deemed it pointless. She wouldn’t take no for an answer. “Fine.”

Karen had her shoes on in no time; John found himself being hurried through streets and out, into fields and open countryside, until Karen grabbed hold of his hand with a sudden burst of speed.

ALBoL2_zps904e9689.png

She stopped at a flowery spot, eyes shutting; her breathing was ragged, almost exhausted. When Karen let go of his hand, she stared at him with eyes that seemed to tremble with disappointment. “Nothing.” The word was let out on an exhalation of breath.

“There’s these flowers.” John pointed out. Karen, without replying, simply sat amongst the damp grass; John silently cursed himself.

Of course – what had she said? She wasn’t the most healthy… Wasn’t allowed outside often… Why had he agreed to this?

“Do you – do you need to, ah, rest here or anything?” He sat beside her, nervously pulling up clumps of grass. Presently, stilling the silence between them, John felt her touch, heartbreakingly light, steadying his hand from ripping the grass from the ground. His heart began to beat foolishly fast as he opened up his fist, broken grass tumbling to the ground, and took her hand in his.
  • Options
    BrittaniLuvBrittaniLuv Posts: 22
    edited August 2013
    How sweet! This looks like it will be a nice story.
  • Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh gosh Eggy :) It's an amazing start ^-^! Can't wait to read more :3