Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to Move/Split Up Household - Similar Experiences?

I've posted this in the bug thread, but I'm curious if anyone else is having similar experiences. I can move my entire active household from one home to another, but if I try to split the household in Edit Town, or move a single individual out, I get stuck constantly 'Processing' the move. This is only happening since the IP patch and EP. Is anyone else having similar problems since the update or installation of the EP?

I have tried this now with my mods removed and I get the same result. I can relocate an entire family, but I cannot split one up. I'm trying to move out my sims now young adult daughter, but I can't do it in any way without the system going into endless processing. Am I really going to have to have the entire family living under the same roof for the entirety of my legacy?
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited July 2013
    Can you have your young adult sim just get on a computer & move out on her own? Then, you'd choose the house for her & she'd be able to move out. Maybe try that way. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, as I said I've already tried moving her out on her own and I end up with endless processing. It doesn't work. I've tried everything at this point, but I'm about to move her boyfriend in and see if it's just moving one person or multiples. He lives on his own, so I shouldn't have any problem moving him in Edit Town as he's just one person being an entire family. My problem seems to be moving just one individual out of this house.

Edit: I've done some testing and I think it's just, unfortunately, this family. They've had issues ever since I had my original sim move in his boyfriend from university. The werewolf boyfriend had really odd energy levels as in he rarely needed to sleep and I don't think that's a werewolf trait. Even after he created a cure potion for himself he still rarely needed to sleep. The daughter, who I was trying to move out, was born a werewolf, dad cured her but she never had the energy issue. So looks like I'm starting from scratch here. Shame as I'd come so far with this family!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley