Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Addiction

Anyone else find themselves addicted to CC downloading. Just spent like 2 hours going through my favorite sites, looking for new ones, downloading and organizing my folders. Ughh CC how I love thee!<3 :) :oops:

Comments

• LucyLuLu666SimLucyLuLu666Sim Posts: 35
    edited July 2013
    Meeeee tooooooooooo :)
    Sometimes, I spend more time downloading CC than actually playing The Sims :)
  • Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited July 2013
    What are your favourite sites.
  • xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited July 2013
    My mods folder would scare most children and cause elderly to faint.
  • 4105jojo4105jojo Posts: 50
    edited July 2013
    *raises hand*
    I think I enjoy downloading CC more than I do actually playing the game itself.
    I have over 1,000 CC items... and that's not even including stuff I've downloaded in the launcher...
  • Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited July 2013
    My mods folder would scare most children and cause elderly to faint.

How?
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love it too but have kinda made a pact with myself to not go over 1gb in my mods/sims3pack folders...it's really hard to keep that promise. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • icouldntfindanameicouldntfindaname Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited July 2013
    I managed not tot download any CC,just because I knew I would get addicted to it :p
  • KatieTerrorFaceKatieTerrorFace Posts: 480 Member
    edited July 2013
    I was, but then realized it was outrageous how much I had. Started deleting stuff I didn't really need and started to appreciate just working with store content and what the game+EPs have. :P
  • LucyLuLu666SimLucyLuLu666Sim Posts: 35
    edited July 2013
    I love BeoCreations, Anubis360, Juliana Sims, Jocker, and Elexis. (I'm not sure if she has a site or not, I usually just download her stuff from ModTheSims.) :wink:
  • sophieluckybear7sophieluckybear7 Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2013
    i dont like CC it always ruins my game :(
    TSR can ruin your game
  • l8nytsimmerl8nytsimmer Posts: 1,528 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Anyone else find themselves addicted to CC downloading. Just spent like 2 hours going through my favorite sites, looking for new ones, downloading and organizing my folders. Ughh CC how I love thee!<3 :) :oops:

Oh, yeah! I call it "Shopping". I've got folders and folders and folders of CC and Interesting Mods. I keep it all in Separate Files...One For Sims 3 Packages, One for Sims 3 PACK Files, One for NRaas Mods, and One for Mods found Elsewhere, One for Favorite Houses, One For Favorite Simmies, One For Cars, I just started one for Boats and HouseBoats, One for My Favoite Clutter and Decor Items, One For Pets and Animals, One For Elders' Stuff (These items can be hard to find, sometimes...

99% of the time, I never install any of it, I just "Keep It Handy" in case I need something special. The rest of it sits on my Desktop, and I browse through every now and then. It IS very much like shopping, except that I don't have to pay for any of it, LOL!
  • l8nytsimmerl8nytsimmer Posts: 1,528 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I managed not tot download any CC,just because I knew I would get addicted to it :p

Yeah, but playing strictly Vanilla is Soooooo boring. EA's designers have no taste whatsoever, and their patterns are downright UGLY!
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited July 2013
    I was addicted for a while too. But then my brother upgraded my computer for me so I had to re-install everything. Twice. (long story)

I've basically gone back to playing with just EA stuff. And I'm fine with it for now. I have a few hairs that I had saved before, and few outfits. But I don't know if I want to bloat my game with even more.

As for good sites though, I would check Juliana's Sims, and Eternila's Stuff. Eternila has some really, really great hair. :)
    giphy.gif

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited July 2013
    oh ive moved past addiction to plain straight up hoarding ..if it looks good ive got to have it :)

CC is the true reason why i play. and when i was playing sims 2 i had to upgrade my computer to just play all of my CC

for sims 3 i think i can honestly say ive reviewed almost all of the mysimsblogs pages

here's a great site that i discovered early on and for me it just keeps getting better
    http://lunasimslulamai.jimdo.com/

just turn on google translate

im looking forward to the august reveal of sims 4 since im already planning my new computer, basically im planning on customizing a serious system so ill have no limits re CC

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm with you, Ceejay. I'm past addiction. I've been downloading stuff since Sims 1...and will be downloading custom content when creators start figuring out how to create stuff for Sims 4. I'm hoping by then, I can learn how to make custom content myself, it looks fun. But looks very confusing.. :/

I will admit, I do download cc more than actually playing the game. But that's because I see something and am like, "Oh! I must have that!" just wish I could be in my game while downloading cc... because then I could play and download stuff at the same time... hopefully we could see a system like that in Sims 4..but probably not. Maybe Sims 5.
  • EyeofShaktiEyeofShakti Posts: 304 Member
    edited July 2013
    I sooooo addicted to CC.... I just download stuff from some favorite sites and working another family. I is making a story family current working the world. They is India and are from Kolkata. XD Haha I download new cars, lots clutter....I have problem...I will spend lot time "shop" (browse new cc) for stuff. I keep folders organize too. Incase something not is right I can easy delete. I sometime convert sims3pack into .package for faster download. haha.
    25up6pu.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2013
    I gave up CC furniture cold turkey, but CC hair, Makeup and Clothes, I'm more obsessed than addicted.:P
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2013
    i dont like CC it always ruins my game :(
    TSR can ruin your game

You just gotta be careful with what you download.I download from there and my game works okay.
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited July 2013
    A serious mental illness that strikes many a Sims 3 player, I'm afraid. =P I've lost most of my CC now, though. So I'm just keeping around the ones I really hate playing without and a few extras that I really need to comb through.
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • beckybullasbeckybullas Posts: 62 New Member
    edited July 2013
    i used to get cc but i had to stop as it slowed my game im always tempted but i have to stop my slef. *sighs* stupid computer! hehe :lol:
  • Lenei14Lenei14 Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited July 2013
    As long as you cc smart you'll be fine. Whenever I browse TSR, I only look at creators I'm familiar with and have been downloading from for a long time. I mostly have CAS items, patterns, and script mods anymore. I got rid of my buy and build cc for the most part aside from what I get from ATS and a few things that came with a world I installed (which I somewhat regret but like the world so whatever). I currently have about 10-15gb worth in my game but I convert all my package files, decrapify my store content and and merge all the things into nice little compressed packages. I don't bother installing like anything via the launcher anymore if I can help it.

My favorite sites to find cc are:

Around the Sims
    Sims 3 Updates
    Simblr Updates
    My Sims Blog

:)

Edit: Okay so I should clarify my "you'll be fine" statement with "you'll be fine if your computer can handle modding." Just ya know, don't overdue it for your system specs, sometimes it's hard to know what you can get away with.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited July 2013
    In Sims 2, I was and still am addicted to CC, but for sims 3, I'm not and am too scared to download CC for sims 3! :)
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited July 2013
    I wallow in my CC. When I upgraded my computer last year I made sure to get a gaming rig so that I'd be able to handle everything the Sims 3 (and hopefully the Sims 4) decided to throw at me...and also so I wouldn't have to cull one single piece of my beloved CC! :mrgreen:
    bshag4lv wrote:
    I love it too but have kinda made a pact with myself to not go over 1gb in my mods/sims3pack folders...it's really hard to keep that promise. :lol:

I reluctantly gave myself a CC cap, too, and it is so hard to stick to! I find myself swapping things in and out a lot now. Things are going in and out of my mods folder so fast and furious some days I think I actually make myself dizzy! :lol:

*hugs*
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • AyB87AyB87 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I, too, am guilty. It comes in waves. A couple years ago my game complete borked and I swore CC off cold turkey. That lasted about a year and a half. I'm back at it, but I certainly try not to add to much stuff. ;) I can only spend so much money on the store before going shopping for the free CC.

And yes, I spend more hours looking and downloading CC than actually playing the game! haha