Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope we don't get any false advertising

2...Next

Comments

• Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2013
    TS2 trailer is one of my favorites...I'm still waiting for sims to be able to rip their shirt off, blaze things on fire/blow or breath fire, kids sliding down the banister and teens/kids swinging off the ceiling fans, kids hanging off the window shades, throwing childish tantrums, throwing things across the room, lol.

If only the game was as alive and full of happenings as the official trailer. But nonetheless TS2 is still a great game.

I'm sure TS4 official trailer will be just the same with making the game look so much more awesome than it actually is. Same goes for EP trailers too.

EuanSim wrote:
    Loads of companies false advertise with trailers. Take the Dead Island trailer, for example. The game was NOTHING like it whatsoever.

Sadly I bet EA will do it with TS4 too.

I could clearly tell the Dead Island trailer was not supposed to imitate gameplay but rather show a little backstory. Almost the whole island is already infected when the game starts versus the game trailer showing the very beginning of the infection and it quickly spreading. Or so that is how I interpret it.

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    edited July 2013
    lovcat wrote:
    Most trailers for games don't even show actual gameplay. It's not false advertising exactly... just at the moment the industry standard. They need to make the game seem appealing so everything is staged or actually a cinematic representation of the game.

Before people jump on me with exceptions. Please do note that I said "Most" not "All".

Yep, when a company does that, unless certain criteria is met, it is not considered false advertising, but "Puffing" the product.

Also, if you watch any of the trailers these days, there's a statement across the bottom of the screen tells you it's not in game.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm not talking about TS2 right now...just TS3.

I don't think the trailers are actually false advertising. It's just very creative, staged moments that if you took the time and effort you could probably reproduce them.

I've always thought they should have a disclaimer that says, all images may not represent actual game play.

They just allow you to believe these things will happen without much effort.

It's really no different than any other advertising. Companies want their products to be shown in the best light so they maximize the good points and omit the less positive ones.

I look at Sims trailers like I look at movie trailers. When you see previews of coming attractions or ads for movies you may see 30 or 60 seconds of a really exciting movie you are dying to see......what they don't tell you that the 60 seconds you saw is the high light and the best moment of a pretty bad movie. To get the facts you have to dig deeper.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yes. All games have bugs. Difference is that what everyone here considers bugs aren't entirely what are called "show stopping" bugs but a glitch. Sure, there might be a few people would experience it but wanting an entirely bug-free game..

.. that's a long wait for a train don't come.

" am playing a base game that hard crashes regularly--on a way beyond system specs computer."

Sounds like a hardware issue. Basically you might need an FPS limiter, TS3 will basically try to get the highest FPS it can and that can lag or crash your game. That said, that isn't something inherently wrong with the game.

It sucks, yeah but it's not considered a bug.