Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dwellings, Destinations & Designs - a creation-sharing thread (formerly DDSBA)

Comments

• simjennsimjenn Posts: 563 Member
    edited August 2013
    Very nice meg, looks fantastical
  • Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited August 2013
    TisenShiro wrote:
    Meg it turned out really awesome. I am trying to find a place to start commenting on but my mind is in overload, I love so many things about it; the sloped yard, the color choice on the walkway, the Orange recolors in the kitchen/dining room/living room (the brick parts especially), the column thing in the table, the material/texture choice on the dining room/living room rugs (very futuristic), the yellow bedroom is the best (I love the heart photo thing and the pattern on the rug), the turquoise texture on the floor in the bathroom (you picked great pattern choices and really vibrant color choices in every room, they work so well in a futuristic house), and is that a walk-in shower :shock: ?!. PHEW and that isn't even everything I like about it. Great work :thumbup: :thumbup: and good luck in the contest.

:shock: Wow, thanks Brett! Such lovely compliments coming from an awesome builder like yourself.

Jenn and Jodi, thanks so much! Everyone is so supportive and encouraging. Best place on the forums! :mrgreen:
  • WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've uploaded an updated version of the Ivory Tower with all of the DD bedrooms. I didn't bother removing any premium store content, it should be exactly what you saw in the tour video.

X7rCBbm.jpg

The Ivory Tower: DD Version
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7590700

Original version:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7568558

A luxury apartment complex built to accommodate more than twenty Sims, the Ivory Tower is your own little space of refuge. Over thirteen different single, double, and triple suites are available, with no restrictions on tenants for remodeling or redecorating. Includes a scenic outdoor pool and courtyard, laundry room, gym, party room, and a personal balcony on nearly every apartment. Simply drop by the office on the first floor to fill out an application, and lease your new apartment today!

LLtyzZN.jpg
  • 8NiSci88NiSci8 Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi Meg.

I'm posting in response to a request for CAW help. I haven't actually been in CAW for a few months and can't access it now (I don't have IP), so I won't be much help. Have you been able to share the save file on Mediafire? I may be misunderstanding bouquetcatcher's response. If not, I may be able to help out with that.

On a different note, can I build a custom Elixir Store? Is that still needed for Majix? Also, are we allowed to use EA Store content or should we try to avoid it? Thanks. :D
    edited August 2013
    8NiSci8 wrote:
    Hi Meg.

I'm posting in response to a request for CAW help. I haven't actually been in CAW for a few months and can't access it now (I don't have IP), so I won't be much help. Have you been able to share the save file on Mediafire? I may be misunderstanding bouquetcatcher's response. If not, I may be able to help out with that.

On a different note, can I build a custom Elixir Store? Is that still needed for Majix? Also, are we allowed to use EA Store content or should we try to avoid it? Thanks. :D

Hey Nick, nice to see you over here!

I don't have IP either and I can still access CAW. Am I not supposed to be able to? Jen (bouquetcatcher) was asking about Edit In Game mode. For some reason I have to remove files from my DCCache file (which removes all my worlds and store content) to even run EIG mode and then if I place any of our builds in EIG mode it replaces everything with base game proxies. I (we) were wondering if you had experience with CAW enough to know a way around this issue? Also, on top of that fun problem, I can't upload Majix to the Exchange. Even after renaming it many different things, I keep getting the error that a file with said name is already on the Exchange. It is up on Mediafire, but not the Exchange.

You can definitely make a custom Elixir store! The list of what's needed is on the front page. Jen should be updating as we get more builds. Can't wait to see what you come up with! :mrgreen:
    edited August 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    Nick, nice to see you over here!

I don't have IP either and I can still access CAW. Am I not supposed to be able to? Jen (bouquetcatcher) was asking about Edit In Game mode. For some reason I have to remove files from my DCCache file (which removes all my worlds and store content) to even run EIG mode and then if I place any of our builds in EIG mode it replaces everything with base game proxies. I (we) were wondering if you had experience with CAW enough to know a way around this issue? Also, on top of that fun problem, I can't upload Majix to the Exchange. Even after renaming it many different things, I keep getting the error that a file with said name is already on the Exchange. It is up on Mediafire, but not the Exchange.

You can definitely make a custom Elixir store! The list of what's needed is on the front page. Jen should be updating as we get more builds. Can't wait to see what you come up with! :mrgreen:

Your CAW runs? Maybe I'm remembering the way CAW works incorrectly. I'm definitely going to update it and try to run it tomorrow.

I'm not sure about the EIG problems. I've usually been lucky enough to avoid most of them in the past *super knock on wood*. Also, for the upload problem, have you read auntielynds' tutorial on changing WPID files (fourth post down)? It's about issuing new I.D. numbers to previously uploaded worlds. Once you upload a world you can't reupload a modified version if you're using the same save file (I think the I.D. numbers conflict). I'm not sure if that's what's going on, but it's worth a look.

I should also mention that I'm more of a lurker on the CAW forum. I have used the program and even done stuff like expanding it to the Super CAW version, but I've never uploaded a world before, so that part's new to me too.

Hope I helped. :D
    edited August 2013
    8NiSci8 wrote:
    Your CAW runs? Maybe I'm remembering the way CAW works incorrectly. I'm definitely going to update it and try to run it tomorrow.

I'm not sure about the EIG problems. I've usually been lucky enough to avoid most of them in the past *super knock on wood*. Also, for the upload problem, have you read auntielynds' tutorial on changing WPID files (fourth post down)? It's about issuing new I.D. numbers to previously uploaded worlds. Once you upload a world you can't reupload a modified version if you're using the same save file (I think the I.D. numbers conflict). I'm not sure if that's what's going on, but it's worth a look.

I should also mention that I'm more of a lurker on the CAW forum. I have used the program and even done stuff like expanding it to the Super CAW version, but I've never uploaded a world before, so that part's new to me too.

Hope I helped. :D

Yep , I loaded CAW just the other day to check on Majix's routing. Still think I need to tweak the beach areas again. Any idea how to fix steepness? Seems like no matter how much I smooth or raise, the shoreline is still too steep.

Sweet, I will definitely look at that tutorial tomorrow. I'm headed off to bed now, but it'll be my priority tomorrow. That sounds like exactly what keeps happening!

What is this Super CAW version you speak of? I think I definitely need to know about anything with Super in the title. :lol:
    edited August 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    Yep , I loaded CAW just the other day to check on Majix's routing. Still think I need to tweak the beach areas again. Any idea how to fix steepness? Seems like no matter how much I smooth or raise, the shoreline is still too steep.

Sweet, I will definitely look at that tutorial tomorrow. I'm headed off to bed now, but it'll be my priority tomorrow. That sounds like exactly what keeps happening!

What is this Super CAW version you speak of? I think I definitely need to know about anything with Super in the title. :lol:

I just re-installed CAW and it works for me. :mrgreen: I loaded up an old world I was working on and it also worked in EIG. The world had both EP and Store content. Maybe all you need is a fresh install?

Super CAW is awesome. It enables a few more creative options and unlocks almost every in-game item for use in CAW. The current patch hasn't been updated, so it won't work for now. If I find out it's been updated, I'll let you know. Here's the tutorial in case you're interested.
    edited August 2013
    8NiSci8 wrote:
    I just re-installed CAW and it works for me. :mrgreen: I loaded up an old world I was working on and it also worked in EIG. The world had both EP and Store content. Maybe all you need is a fresh install?

Super CAW is awesome. It enables a few more creative options and unlocks almost every in-game item for use in CAW. The current patch hasn't been updated, so it won't work for now. If I find out it's been updated, I'll let you know. Here's the tutorial in case you're interested.

I checked out the tutorial and would love to get the pact when it updates.

And I just uninstalled and reinstalled CAW and same deal. EIG mode crashes when I try to go into it with all the files in my DCCache. Even with just basic Sunset Valley Lite. Did you do anything else? Clear caches, restart? Anything like that. I would really, really love to be able to put everything in Majix and upload it filled if I could.

Thanks again for your help! :D
    edited August 2013
    You're welcome. :D This is exactly what I did:

My Folder Locations - Should Be Similar for You:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool
    C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool

- First I moved the folders I didn't want to lose to my desktop. For me they were my Packages folder from the CAW Program File location (I had some Riverview items enabled), and the Source Textures folder (I had a bunch of additional textures semi-organized in there), and of course my Worlds folder (can't lose those!) from my CAW Documents location. If you have custom brushes saved, screenshots, etc. make sure to save those too.

- Next I completely uninstalled CAW. I used the "Uninstall A Program" feature in Windows. When it asked if I wanted to delete my saved content (I think that's how they worded it) I chose yes. It will be safe on the desktop. I followed up by navigating to the install folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool - for me) and deleted any stragglers. This folder may be gone for you once you've uninstalled CAW. In my version, I had to delete my Super CAW files.

- Next I downloaded and installed a fresh copy of CAW found here.

- Now you can add your folders back in. Although, I would first try to open Majix from its folder on the desktop via CAW. If it works, you can try adding the folders you removed back in.

***Notes***

- Make sure your game is fully updated.
    - If this doesn't work, do you have any backups you can try to manually load?
    - After I re-installed CAW, it took awhile to load the first time.

Let me know what happens. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On an unrelated note: Here's a sneak peek of my Elixir Shop. :mrgreen:

02.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2013
    I uninstalled using the tool itself so maybe I will uninstall using Windows, restart, reinstall, and see if that helps. I already have my worlds folder saved to my desktop so I don't lose it, but I don't have anything else I need to save.

I shall try again!

8NiSci8 wrote:
    On an unrelated note: Here's a sneak peek of my Elixir Shop. :mrgreen

Nick, this is great! I LOVE it! Can't wait to see more.

And I also noticed that you build the way I do... grab everything you want to use and put it off to the side until you are ready to place it :lol:
    edited August 2013
    Lol, that behavior's usually restricted build mode items. I almost always have a row of columns, windows, and doors to the side, so I can test out different textures/colors. I also almost always build on a separate lot, then completely recreate whatever I do there on the final lot. I'm basically building the same thing twice, but that's just how I work. :roll: :D
  • TisenShiroTisenShiro Posts: 338 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Alright I finally got my Local Watering Hole done. I know it took a while, but hey I put perfectionist on all of my sims for a reason :wink: . I really hope you all like this one a lot...I am pretty proud of the work I did here :mrgreen: .

So I present

Paseo Toro

Cover.png

Download link

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7597819

More Pics

Outside
    Screenshot_12.jpg
    Screenshot_16.jpg

Restaurant/Bar area
    Screenshot_58.jpg
    Screenshot_27.jpg
    Screenshot_56.jpg

Upstairs Band/Lounge Area
    Screenshot_36.jpg

I really liked this picture arrangement, like it was the founding of the town hall or something :D .
    Screenshot_40.jpg

Kitchen Area
    Screenshot_49.jpg
    Screenshot_60.jpg

And I started my own creative corner thread so even more pics can be found here.
    <a href="http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/707820.page#11242492&quot; target="_blank">Tisen Shiro's Creative Corner</a>
    edited August 2013
    Love love love the build Brett. I download and recommended ; )
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited August 2013
    Here is my latest build.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7603700
    A home on a 30X30 lot

Outside (roof view)
    Screenshot-113_zps2b7ed3bb.jpg
    Full view
    Screenshot-122_zps0dc1d8b8.jpg
    Inside (house)
    Screenshot-115_zps0d350cd7.jpg
    Kitchen/lounge
    Screenshot-116_zpsf4761aff.jpg
    Study/bathroom/bedroom
    Screenshot-117_zps06640e6e.jpg
    Gym/Potions room
    Screenshot-120_zps27adbfb5.jpg
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yay, Jess! A new build! So cute!

Meg, what is your bistro flagged as? Also, Nick has a couple other builds in his studio maybe they will work in Majix :D .
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Jess: Lovely build. I'm definitely a fan of the cherry blossom trees. They're so pretty! :D

Jen: I was actually wondering if you guys would want my High Tower Cathedral lot as a wedding lot. Of course you're all free to use my lots however you'd like. Let me know if you're using some of the older ones. I'll need to play test them to make sure everything works as it should. Nothing too drastic should need to be changed, but I'm pretty sure the spiral staircases in some of the older lots don't work anymore.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2013
    Love the build Jess, looks awesome!
    edited August 2013
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have a builder question. I am trying to center a large picture window that is 3 squares wide. Do windows work with the disablesnappingtoslotsonalt cheat? I am not able to place the window where I want.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited August 2013
    Jen I LOVE your lounge! It's so cool! Especially like the fog effects. Great job! Will download as soon as I get my lazy bum off my tablet and back on my desktop. :mrgreen:
    Me1620 wrote:
    I have a builder question. I am trying to center a large picture window that is 3 squares wide. Do windows work with the disablesnappingtoslotsonalt cheat? I am not able to place the window where I want.

Unfortunately that cheat doesn't work on windows or other objects that go on walls :?
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for all the great comments on my house
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited August 2013
    Wallin wrote:
    Wooo! So exciting! :D WE are going to make one heck of a world!

Hey Wallin, just dl'd and rec'd gentlemens club and both versions of Ivory Tower.

You have some very handsome sims they will be great additions to my Sim Towns.

I really like this thread will have to come back and look through all your studios :D

I really like the look of the world you guys are building too.

Happy Simming!
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited August 2013
    8NiSci8 wrote:
    Jess: Lovely build. I'm definitely a fan of the cherry blossom trees. They're so pretty! :D

Jen: I was actually wondering if you guys would want my High Tower Cathedral lot as a wedding lot. Of course you're all free to use my lots however you'd like. Let me know if you're using some of the older ones. I'll need to play test them to make sure everything works as it should. Nothing too drastic should need to be changed, but I'm pretty sure the spiral staircases in some of the older lots don't work anymore.

Hi 8NiSci8, Wow High Tower Cathedral looks amazing
    Just dl'd and rec'd it.
    Looking forward to seeing it in game.

Happy simming :D
    Simming since the beginning! :)
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the feedback on my build ; ) It was fun to decorate.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top