Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~•~aricarai's DNA contact thread~•~Lilypink79~•~NEW Request~•~

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2013
    Ari, great updates! I love the living room and bedroom very much. :D
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited November 2013
    Fav part: the office area. It looks AMAZING!!

I'm also in love with the way you did the laundry room. I never would have thought of doing that, but I'm really enjoying it!

If it isn't too late, could you change the chandeliers? Those ones look a little...older (maybe the right word? lol not sure which one I'm looking for) then what I'm hoping to have for him.

P.S. - My boyfriend loves the guitar setup :) Wanted me to tell you it looks great. Could you colour the acoustic one a dark blue colour? That's his favourite.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited November 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Your WIP is looking great! Great layout of the items in the rooms. Enjoy doing the recolouring :)

Thank you sweet rose! I will have heaps and heaps of fun :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    Ari, great updates! I love the living room and bedroom very much. :D

Thank you so much, yanti! I've had fun mixing modern and gothic! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ra345 wrote:
    Fav part: the office area. It looks AMAZING!!

I'm also in love with the way you did the laundry room. I never would have thought of doing that, but I'm really enjoying it!

If it isn't too late, could you change the chandeliers? Those ones look a little...older (maybe the right word? lol not sure which one I'm looking for) then what I'm hoping to have for him.

P.S. - My boyfriend loves the guitar setup :) Wanted me to tell you it looks great. Could you colour the acoustic one a dark blue colour? That's his favourite.

I'm happy you're diggin' the office - it was fun to create!

Definitely never too late to make changes. I shall pop into game after work today and do a little switch-a-roo! I may have to go modern with them as there aren't that many gothic chandeliers! I'll work it out!

Yep, dark blue it is, m'dear!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Whoop, whoop, Ra!
    Major progress has been happening!

I have one more room to recolor in the penthouse and then it's on to finishing touches and PICTURES!

Almost there, m'dear! Thank you so much for hanging in with me! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    hey Ra345!

29kxob6.gif

You have been so incredibly patient with me! So I want to say a HUGE thank you to you!
    May I present to you: The Willows

download•The•Willows•here

The Willows is an apartment complex with 3 apartment total: 1 two bedroom apartment, 1 one bedroom apartment, and 1 penthouse.

Common areas include:
    - Coffee/snack bar
    - Gym
    - Mediation Area
    - Game Room
    - Laundry Room
    - Pool
    - BBQ

The one and two bedroom apartments are decorated neutrally - staged to look like it is awaiting new tenants.

The penthouse is decorated with modern furnishings, with gothic touches. The color palette is dark, with pops of bright color here and there!

I was very, very careful with the store content and every time I tried to gift you something, it did say you already owned it; however, please let me know if you see anything that you don't have!

Please, please enjoy!

Screenshot-1923.jpg

Screenshot-1913.jpg

Screenshot-1875.jpg

Screenshot-1877.jpg

Screenshot-1876.jpg

Screenshot-1878.jpg

Screenshot-1880.jpg

Screenshot-1881.jpg

Screenshot-1921.jpg

Screenshot-1919.jpg

Screenshot-1920.jpg

Screenshot-1906.jpg

Screenshot-1904.jpg

Screenshot-1903.jpg

Screenshot-1891.jpg

Screenshot-1890.jpg

Screenshot-1896.jpg

Screenshot-1900.jpg

Screenshot-1902.jpg

Screenshot-1895.jpg

Screenshot-1893.jpg

Screenshot-1892.jpg

Screenshot-1885.jpg

Screenshot-1886.jpg

Screenshot-1887.jpg

Screenshot-1897.jpg

Screenshot-1899.jpg

Screenshot-1915.jpg

Screenshot-1914.jpg

Screenshot-1908.jpg

• Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited November 2013
    Oh. My. Goodness! That looks way better than I even imagined in my head! You hit what I wanted right on the head and it's incredible! Thank you so much! I can see myself using this all the time!

I'm so excited! Going to install this as soon as I get home! I can't even tell you which part I like best :lol: it all looks incredible.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ra345 wrote:
    Oh. My. Goodness! That looks way better than I even imagined in my head! You hit what I wanted right on the head and it's incredible! Thank you so much! I can see myself using this all the time!

I'm so excited! Going to install this as soon as I get home! I can't even tell you which part I like best :lol: it all looks incredible.

Ra, m'dear, it was my pleasure! I'm so happy that you are happy! It always gives me warm fuzzies when people enjoy my builds! That's the biggest reward for me! Please enjoy! xx
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited November 2013
    The Willows is amazing! I love how you made gothic inspiration work in this very modern structure! And green and purple together? In this case, YES! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The Willows is amazing! I love how you made gothic inspiration work in this very modern structure! And green and purple together? In this case, YES! :mrgreen:

Thanks, Zoo! I've not played with gothic interiors very much! I always, always seem to be trying new things with each new request that I take on! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited November 2013
    The willows is a great apartments/penthouse home. :)Great exterior design of it. It looks great how you have done the roof and columns. Great textures you have used for the exterior. The two trees out the front of the building and the purple flowers placed either side of the windows along the front of the building look great and fit with the feel of the build. Great furnishing of the interior. Great to have a barista bar where sims can get a snack from, and the sculpture there looks great for sims to see when getting some food. Nice shade of bone that you have used for the walls. It looks great how you have placed the pictures on the various walls. Great to have a gym area with windows for sims to look out through at what is happening outside whilst using the gym equipment to keep fit, or they can watch the tv that you have placed there. Great to have the martial arts equipment to use too. Nice corner window plant area in the games room. Sims will enjoy listening to the music from the stereo whilst playing pool in the games room. Nice calming meditation room. It looks nice how you have placed the plants on the wall shelves there and have the mat for sims to sit and relax on, looking at the bamboo plant. Nice outdoors pool area. It is a nice place for sims to relax poolside on the loungers. The way you have done the corner edging of the pool with the flowers and tree looks very nice. Sims will enjoy eating the food that they have cooked on the outdoor bbq at the picnic table, out in the air and seeing the nice sight of these flowers. Very nice hot tub area. Nice shade of green you have used there. Nice place for sims to relax in the tub or on the loungers. The plants there look great. Great to have the bar in the corner for sims to have a drink from. Great setting up and furnishing of the apartments and penthouse. Nice kitchen and eating area in the apartment. It looks great how you have the window behind the bed in the apartment , for sims to wake up to the sunlight coming in on them in the morning. Great views for them to see from their bedroom. Great modern gothic furnishing of and colours you have used for the penthouse. It looks great how you have done the kitchen there. The pillar and the shelves looks great. Great type of diming seats you have used. The fruit bowl on the table is a nice touch. It looks great how you have done the window nook area with the head statues and lamps! Great recolours of the items. Great office study room. The wall of bookcases looks great, and it looks a great place to sit on the comfortable seats and read a book, doing some work at the desk or build up logic playing chess. Great tv watching area. It looks great that you placed the recoloured green disc stacks items either side of the tv. The purple recolouring of the sofa looks great. Sims will enjoy relaxing there watching tv and listening to the music from the stereo. Great furnishing of the bedroom. Great recoloring of all the items throughout the penthouse. The candlelights either side of the bed looks great. The green and blue guitars look great.!Great way you have done the dressers/shoe rack/shelves feature area. It looks great that you have angled the bath tub in the bathroom.
    Great designing and furnishing of this build! :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited November 2013
    How much do I love this build Ari? Well I am going back to Fav as soon as I finish here! Already Rec'd when I saw it on my page. :mrgreen:

I love, love, love Everything in this build! That little shaped pool is just darling with the landscaping tucked in behind.

Fantabulous job on ALL the rooms! I have to ask about one item I saw in the living room where you have the green cd holders turned sideways (so cool!). On the coffee table there is something that looks like a yellow eight ball. What is that? It looks very cool in there, but I can't for the life of me, figure out what item it is, lol!

Your use of MOO throughout this is just Da Bomb! Some awesome new ideas for me to "steal" in the future!

Totally awesome build Ari!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    The willows is a great apartments/penthouse home. :)Great exterior design of it. It looks great how you have done the roof and columns. Great textures you have used for the exterior. The two trees out the front of the building and the purple flowers placed either side of the windows along the front of the building look great and fit with the feel of the build. Great furnishing of the interior. Great to have a barista bar where sims can get a snack from, and the sculpture there looks great for sims to see when getting some food. Nice shade of bone that you have used for the walls. It looks great how you have placed the pictures on the various walls. Great to have a gym area with windows for sims to look out through at what is happening outside whilst using the gym equipment to keep fit, or they can watch the tv that you have placed there. Great to have the martial arts equipment to use too. Nice corner window plant area in the games room. Sims will enjoy listening to the music from the stereo whilst playing pool in the games room. Nice calming meditation room. It looks nice how you have placed the plants on the wall shelves there and have the mat for sims to sit and relax on, looking at the bamboo plant. Nice outdoors pool area. It is a nice place for sims to relax poolside on the loungers. The way you have done the corner edging of the pool with the flowers and tree looks very nice. Sims will enjoy eating the food that they have cooked on the outdoor bbq at the picnic table, out in the air and seeing the nice sight of these flowers. Very nice hot tub area. Nice shade of green you have used there. Nice place for sims to relax in the tub or on the loungers. The plants there look great. Great to have the bar in the corner for sims to have a drink from. Great setting up and furnishing of the apartments and penthouse. Nice kitchen and eating area in the apartment. It looks great how you have the window behind the bed in the apartment , for sims to wake up to the sunlight coming in on them in the morning. Great views for them to see from their bedroom. Great modern gothic furnishing of and colours you have used for the penthouse. It looks great how you have done the kitchen there. The pillar and the shelves looks great. Great type of diming seats you have used. The fruit bowl on the table is a nice touch. It looks great how you have done the window nook area with the head statues and lamps! Great recolours of the items. Great office study room. The wall of bookcases looks great, and it looks a great place to sit on the comfortable seats and read a book, doing some work at the desk or build up logic playing chess. Great tv watching area. It looks great that you placed the recoloured green disc stacks items either side of the tv. The purple recolouring of the sofa looks great. Sims will enjoy relaxing there watching tv and listening to the music from the stereo. Great furnishing of the bedroom. Great recoloring of all the items throughout the penthouse. The candlelights either side of the bed looks great. The green and blue guitars look great.!Great way you have done the dressers/shoe rack/shelves feature area. It looks great that you have angled the bath tub in the bathroom.
    Great designing and furnishing of this build! :)

Thank you so very much, rose! You are never short of kind words and it really makes me smile that you take the time to notice every little detail. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    How much do I love this build Ari? Well I am going back to Fav as soon as I finish here! Already Rec'd when I saw it on my page. :mrgreen:

I love, love, love Everything in this build! That little shaped pool is just darling with the landscaping tucked in behind.

Fantabulous job on ALL the rooms! I have to ask about one item I saw in the living room where you have the green cd holders turned sideways (so cool!). On the coffee table there is something that looks like a yellow eight ball. What is that? It looks very cool in there, but I can't for the life of me, figure out what item it is, lol!

Your use of MOO throughout this is just Da Bomb! Some awesome new ideas for me to "steal" in the future!

Totally awesome build Ari!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you so much, Cath! I was really surprised that the CD holders just snap into place on the TV (I learn something new about the Sims every day!)

You're exactly right - it is a yellow eight ball - I believe it's from Supernatural!

Joolster just did an amazing tumblr post on 10 things you have do with shelves! A lot of the MOO is with shelves!

Thank you so so much for the rec and fav! I really, really appreciate it my sweet! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2013
    Fabulous build! :D It does look like an apartment! So kudos on authenticity! Love that pool area and the double bedroom inside. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    Fabulous build! :D It does look like an apartment! So kudos on authenticity! Love that pool area and the double bedroom inside. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks, yanti! I really appreciate it! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited November 2013
    It's always so exciting for me when you have a new build and this is another stunner! :D

You're been so creative with combining styles, particularly in the dining room and hallway where you've added neon accents to victorian/gothic objects. Everything is just so perfect, but highlights for me are the beautifully detailed bedroom, little pool at the bag, and grand statue in the lobby. Love it!!
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    GreenCats wrote:
    It's always so exciting for me when you have a new build and this is another stunner! :D

You're been so creative with combining styles, particularly in the dining room and hallway where you've added neon accents to victorian/gothic objects. Everything is just so perfect, but highlights for me are the beautifully detailed bedroom, little pool at the bag, and grand statue in the lobby. Love it!!

Awww, thank you, GC! I had fun mixing the modern/gothic styles together. It really made me think outside of the box and everyone know that I'm a HUGE fan of color, so it was fun to be able to put pops of it here and there! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited November 2013
    Beautiful, Ari! Just perfectly stunning!

Rec'd!
    T
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wow, ari, the Willows is stunning! I love the modern, yet not too futuristic feel to the place, and the grey slate-stone walls are awesome. Love the variety of windows, which mean although they don't match they somehow look good together... Interior looks very flashy as well, I'd bet it costs a fourtune!
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited November 2013
    Aricarai: where can I request a build? I'd like one made and wondered where you'd suggest I ask :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Beautiful, Ari! Just perfectly stunning!

Rec'd!
    T

Thank you sweet, T!
    xx
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    YellowJane wrote:
    Wow, ari, the Willows is stunning! I love the modern, yet not too futuristic feel to the place, and the grey slate-stone walls are awesome. Love the variety of windows, which mean although they don't match they somehow look good together... Interior looks very flashy as well, I'd bet it costs a fourtune!

*waves like a loon* Hi YJ! Thank you for stopping by and thank you so much for your lovely comments! I really appreciate it and I'm glad that you like The Willows.

With regard to your question about requesting: You can make a request here on the DNA thread!

Hope that helps and I apologize for not getting back to you sooner! *hugs*