Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~•~aricarai's DNA contact thread~•~Lilypink79~•~NEW Request~•~

Comments

• Options
    StutteredScreamsStutteredScreams Posts: 147 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    Oh my @aricarai you sweet sweet soul, I just got the email notifying me of your gifts and was so surprised that I actually cried. Thank you so much. :') <3
    You did not have to do that but I definitely appreciate it, and I just can't thank you enough. You're already doing so much for me, and now with these gifts, it's too much really. I'm so happy, and cannot wait to play in Sunlit Tides. I'm now thinking Freya's going to have to do a big move before she gets her new house, her and her pups are going there new beautiful island paradise (lol). ;)

So now in return, what can I possibly do for you my dear? I know you probably have most of the store content since you do so much building, but is there anything you don't have that you really want? And if not store content, is there something else I could give or even make for you? I'm not much of a builder, and I'm horrible at pets, but I could totally give making you a sim a crack if you feel like having someone make you something for a change. Let me know! :smiley:

@StutteredScreams - I'm so happy that you'll enjoy those gifts! You're very welcome! Sunlit Tides is a gorgeous world, so definitely let Freya explore while she's waiting for her new house!

You don't need to do anything in return for me - I absolutely luuuurve seeing other simmers enjoying this game and the content that is available. All I ask is that you simply ENJOY, especially while you wait for Freya's home! :)

Well I just can't thank you enough then. I adore the gifts, that set is gorgeous, and I am going to have so much fun playing in Sunlit Tides with Freya.
    I wish there was something I could give you in return because I really WANT to, not need. But if you're sure there's nothing you desire for the game that I can give you, then I will make sure to just enjoy it and be thankful for my gifts while I'm playing as I know I will. :heart:
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @StutteredScreams - a different idea popped into my head so I'm running with it. I should have the structure done today so I'll be able to show you and then you can choose between the two
  • Options
    @StutteredScreams - changed my mind...I like this version so much better that I'm going to run with it and SURPRISE YOU!
  • Options
    @aricarai Aaahhh how exciting! How funny is that I hate surprises in real life, but when it comes to this online Sims build surprise I love it and can't wait! :grin:<3

By the way, you weren't kidding when you said Sunlit Tides was beautiful, I'm in constant awe as I wander around with Freya and her pups. Things have been pretty crazy for Freya though lately, not even two days into her new town and poor Freya was struck by lightning and abducted by aliens! :o
    tumblr_oetgbiumfo1rf5dyoo1_1280.jpg
    Lmao, but hey at least she made it through okay.

Now to continue exploring as I wait for my surprise. :wink:
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    Ooh looks like Freya is having an interesting time! Haha!

Happy to report that all windows are in, so it's just landscaping and interior! I'll try to do bits and pieces throughout this week, dependent on my work schedule; however, I'll be away this weekend, so I won't have made LOADS of progress until the following weekend! Thank you for being so patient with me :)
  • Options
    Ooh looks like Freya is having an interesting time! Haha!

Happy to report that all windows are in, so it's just landscaping and interior! I'll try to do bits and pieces throughout this week, dependent on my work schedule; however, I'll be away this weekend, so I won't have made LOADS of progress until the following weekend! Thank you for being so patient with me :)

Sounds great, I hope you have just as much fun working on the interior and landscaping. I cannot wait to see it all, it's gonna be awesome! :smiley:
    Enjoy your weekend away, and don't worry about me. I have plenty of patience for the gal doing me such a huge service in building my dream house for Freya. You're awesome, and I just know the home is going to be amazing. :heart:
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    Hey @aricarai just checking in to see how you are doing since I haven't heard from you in a while, hope all is well and that you're okay. :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    @StutteredScreams - I'm still working away...all exterior is done and I'm just moving in the interior. You have a 1 bed, 2 bathroom modern bachelorette pad! Plenty of space for Freya's big dogs and lots of room for Freya and her adventurous knick-knacks!

I suspect that I'll make loads more headway at the weekend :)
  • Options
    @aricarai Thanks for filling me in, it all sounds great, and I'm just glad to know you're okay! :smiley:
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    @aricarai Thanks for filling me in, it all sounds great, and I'm just glad to know you're okay! :smiley:

Thank you for checking in on me - I'll be back on the case on Saturday; thinking about adding a second bedroom - I think I have the room :)
  • Options
    Ground floor is COMPLETE! :)
    *fingers crossed* I should have this done next weekend as I have Friday off :)
  • Options

Ooooh how exciting, I can't wait to see! Do I get any sneak peaks? ;)<3
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options

Ooooh how exciting, I can't wait to see! Do I get any sneak peaks? ;)<3

I'll get you one very soon :)
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @StutteredScreams - welp, I've got a sneaky peek to show you; unfortunately, photobucket is down for maintenance at the moment. I'm off to bed for the night and I'm assuming that you're just about waking up, so I'll get you some pics tomorrow as soon as I get in :smile:

And when I hit send, photobucket decided to play ball with me, so look below for your sneaky peek:

c05ca94c-dc7a-46c0-b3f4-9c52adc062d4_zpsjsrbj2bh.jpg
  • Options
    @aricarai Oh my oh my, look at that beautiful picture, is it even real?! :o
    It looks so picturesque. Stylish and modern, but unique and seething with a natural beauty. I adore it! :love:
    I know now that when I have this home in my game, I'll be exploring it for hours. For even in one picture there is so much to see, and I am left with such wonder!
    You've outdone yourself Arica, I am so excited to see the rest of this house. It feels like it can possibly get any better than this, and yet I know it will. There is so much awe left for me to succumb to, and I cannot wait to experience it. Fan-flipping-tastic work dear. <3
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    It looks so picturesque. Stylish and modern, but unique and seething with a natural beauty. I adore it! :love:
    I know now that when I have this home in my game, I'll be exploring it for hours. For even in one picture there is so much to see, and I am left with such wonder!
    You've outdone yourself Arica, I am so excited to see the rest of this house. It feels like it can possibly get any better than this, and yet I know it will. There is so much awe left for me to succumb to, and I cannot wait to experience it. Fan-flipping-tastic work dear. <3

@StutteredScreams - I'm so glad that you like it! I've tried to go with the warm tones that you like, but still keep it feminine, modern, with a little bit of a rocker's edge. You're going to see a lot of exposed brick and concrete to fit with the modern theme, but always complimented with warm tones.

As requested, Freya's room will be a mixture of blue and white (colors that you will see throughout the build), but is there anything else that you would like to see (patterns, colors, skill items, etc)?

I'm so pleased that you like what you see so far! Like I said, I'll be back to it on Friday and hope to complete by the end of the weekend! :)
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • Options
    edited October 2016

@StutteredScreams - I'm so glad that you like it! I've tried to go with the warm tones that you like, but still keep it feminine, modern, with a little bit of a rocker's edge. You're going to see a lot of exposed brick and concrete to fit with the modern theme, but always complimented with warm tones.

As requested, Freya's room will be a mixture of blue and white (colors that you will see throughout the build), but is there anything else that you would like to see (patterns, colors, skill items, etc)?

I'm so pleased that you like what you see so far! Like I said, I'll be back to it on Friday and hope to complete by the end of the weekend! :)

@aricarai
    Aaah how exciting, I love exposed brick but have never had it in The Sims! :smiley:
    It truly sounds like the vision you have for the home was plucked right from my brain, everything is exactly how I wanted it to be, I'm so happy. <3

Hmmm, I've never been good at decisions honestly so that's why I kind of threw you to the wild and let you be your own creative genius lol. But in trying to be helpful, and after much thought, I actually have a couple ideas!

Aside from the ones already mentioned, two colours that I really like for Freya are a sunset orange and an olive green. :blush:

As for patterns, I don't really have much of a preference. I'd like to avoid an overuse of floral patterns, as I feel that too much of those in the home just wouldn't suit her character. But I don't mind a little of course! If you could incorporate some of the 'Leathers & Furs' patterns in the home I think that would go nicely with her style. I don't touch that section much myself in The Sims because I struggle to make it look right, but in my original image of Freya she was rocking black leather and a white (faux, I hope) fur jacket so it fits to use those patterns! :smile:

Item wise, if you can fit them into the gym, I'd love to have a little martial arts corner. Freya's has been kicking butt in China teaching herself the skill, so it'd be great to have that at home to if possible! But if it doesn't fit, don't worry about it. Also if it's not there already, can you throw in the PowerMax chin-up machine thingy to the gym set? It seems like such an underused item in all my Sims games, lol. :tongue:
    Two other random items that I have in my temporary quick home that I built for while I wait that I really love are a lamp called "The Flood" by Secret Bohemia, and a plant called the Antique-But-Not Lotus Pot, so if you have a spot that needs filling please use those if they suit!

Okay that's it, I literally can't think of anything else lol. But, as always, feel free to ask any more questions or queries you may have! I'm always happy to help! :wink:
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options

@aricarai
    Aaah how exciting, I love exposed brick but have never had it in The Sims! :smiley:
    It truly sounds like the vision you have for the home was plucked right from my brain, everything is exactly how I wanted it to be, I'm so happy. <3

Hmmm, I've never been good at decisions honestly so that's why I kind of threw you to the wild and let you be your own creative genius lol. But in trying to be helpful, and after much thought, I actually have a couple ideas!

Aside from the ones already mentioned, two colours that I really like for Freya are a sunset orange and an olive green. :blush:

As for patterns, I don't really have much of a preference. I'd like to avoid an overuse of floral patterns, as I feel that too much of those in the home just wouldn't suit her character. But I don't mind a little of course! If you could incorporate some of the 'Leathers & Furs' patterns in the home I think that would go nicely with her style. I don't touch that section much myself in The Sims because I struggle to make it look right, but in my original image of Freya she was rocking black leather and a white (faux, I hope) fur jacket so it fits to use those patterns! :smile:

Item wise, if you can fit them into the gym, I'd love to have a little martial arts corner. Freya's has been kicking butt in China teaching herself the skill, so it'd be great to have that at home to if possible! But if it doesn't fit, don't worry about it. Also if it's not there already, can you throw in the PowerMax chin-up machine thingy to the gym set? It seems like such an underused item in all my Sims games, lol. :tongue:
    Two other random items that I have in my temporary quick home that I built for while I wait that I really love are a lamp called "The Flood" by Secret Bohemia, and a plant called the Antique-But-Not Lotus Pot, so if you have a spot that needs filling please use those if they suit!

Okay that's it, I literally can't think of anything else lol. But, as always, feel free to ask any more questions or queries you may have! I'm always happy to help! :wink:

You got it - I'll get those items and requests in for you. Plenty of room to fit them in! :)
  • Options
    UPDATE: Progress is going well - everything is laid out; just need to recolor some of the areas upstairs and playtest. Fingers crossed for a Sunday finish! :)
  • Options
    UPDATE: Progress is going well - everything is laid out; just need to recolor some of the areas upstairs and playtest. Fingers crossed for a Sunday finish! :)

Thanks for the update @aricarai ~ I can't wait! :kissing_heart:
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    I'M FINISHED! Yay!
    I'm just uploading the pictures to photobucket now - hopefully it will play nicely tonight. I'll try my darndest to get it uploaded tonight, but if not, I will get this to you very, very soon! <3
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @StutteredScreams - I've got all the pictures into photobucket, but it's moving awfully slow tonight! I won't be able to upload; however, because you've been so darn patient, I thought I'd leave you with another peek below. I'm really, really hoping that you like it :)

ModernInferno_zpsa1zdm4zv.png
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • Options
    @aricarai
    My actual reaction to the new AMAZING sneak peek was "Waaaaaaahhh, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap". :joy:
    I am literally gobsmacked, like I have have one hand on my mouth right now just to keep it together. I am beyond excited! <3
    Words cannot express how incredible the exterior looks, I mean like come on, how is that even real?! I am in awe.

I've been so busy with Halloween stuff today that I almost went to bed without checking the thread, and boy am I glad that I decided to look! I can already feel tears of joy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at the back of my eyes, so I know I'll be a royal mess once I actually have this astounding home in my game. It doesn't feel real, how could something this incredible be on it's way into my game? It's crazy!

Your work is amazing Arica, I am so lucky to have you, and I cannot wait to see the rest of your creation. :blush:

Oh, and while I'm here:
    Fwcb4A.jpg
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    @StutteredScreams - I am so incredibly pleased to present to you Freya's new home! Thank you for being so patient and understanding while I've built this. I really enjoy moderns and so this was an absolute pleasure for me to build. I hope you enjoy it and I hope that Freya and her pups will be happy.

You will notice some slight changes from the peek above, but I think it works better this way. :)

Enough of me babbling - shall we go on a tour?

INTRODUCING: MODERN INFERNO

A modern day bachelorette pad for an adventurous spirit who has a love for the cozy warmth of a fire and man's best friend. Featuring large open kitchen with stocked nectar cabinet and luxurious dining area with bar. Decorated in warm earth tones outside with pops of bright colors on the interior. This 2 bed, 2 bath home has a full gym, a cool landing area for chilling out, and a covered hot tub. A DNA request for StutteredScreams. CC free by aricarai. Upgraded and playtested by The Quartet.

Right, here we go, let's start outside:

Screenshot-842_zpsbeb26jpg.jpg

Screenshot-844_zpsgrvturde.jpg

Screenshot-846_zpsf6l2vx6o.jpg

Screenshot-848_zpsthhlcqab.jpg

Inside we go - through the entry way to the living room, kitchen, and dining room:

c899e453-8957-43a6-bc85-4680976ffeca_zpst0lzho3d.jpg

Screenshot-801_zpsxkv5vwge.jpg

Screenshot-731_zpsallgcuh6.jpg

Screenshot-733_zpsfdw0xsca.jpg

Screenshot-738_zps6n7uupcu.jpg

Screenshot-734_zpsfieawbxj.jpg

Screenshot-735_zps7zwpyrlu.jpg

Screenshot-737_zpsiu8lsvpf.jpg

Screenshot-740_zpse8yl1fob.jpg

Screenshot-851_zpsp5wbxfig.jpg

Screenshot-849_zpschejatdl.jpg

Screenshot-799_zpsccin07sl.jpg

Screenshot-800_zpsjckorktv.jpg

Screenshot-744_zpsbqriuqib.jpg

Screenshot-748_zpsw6vbnzas.jpg

Let's explore the upstairs now - landing, gym, gym bathroom, master bedroom, closet, master bath and guest bedroom:

Screenshot-834_zpscqt2j2zn.jpg

Screenshot-802_zpsiteadazy.jpg

Screenshot-837_zpsmuzg3yhf.jpg

Screenshot-751_zpsno4gyavo.jpg

Screenshot-752_zpswe5ee8g9.jpg

Screenshot-756_zpsdmsuzxd6.jpg

Screenshot-759_zpslocdoxub.jpg

Screenshot-830_zpsbwu8jlup.jpg

Screenshot-831_zpskyxauge4.jpg

Screenshot-760_zpsrocbyrmm.jpg

Screenshot-761_zpsigtgf9nq.jpg

Screenshot-825_zpsrv0hhzc8.jpg