Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community lots for new City

sholomsholom Posts: 13 New Member
i am building a new City in CAW i have all the elements of all the expantion and stuff packs included but the city looks a bit empty. i would like it if some creative people can suggest new kind of community lots including island paradise lots that i should include.

please feel free to say any random type of lots if i like it i will include it to my city and build the lot when i have the time.

looking forward to all your suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'd first recommend looking at the list of all community lots, and adding all them. You can then get creative with extra parks, hangouts, maybe making a shopping mall or a market.
  • Options
    pkboopkboo Posts: 218 Member
    edited July 2013
    Try not to use any of the combo buildings. IE:cityhall/police/military or school/stadium but use the ones that only service on of them. Not sure how big your world is but some buildings you can most likely put in twice. Multiple fishing spots, parks, ports and diving spots. The last to only if you have enough sea/river area to do so.
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't think its really the number of lots a person has in their world that makes it look empty. Its all about spacing. How close together are your lots and streets. How much detailing are you implementing not just on the lots themselves but in the would itself and the areas around the lots connecting them together. Take a look at Brideport for example. That world has a lot of detailing in it because it is a city and its supposed to look crowded though the number of lots is actually relatively small. If you were to remove all the lots from BP you will see everything that's left in the world that makes it look cohesive and the placement of roads close together and all that.
    There also needs to be some sort of unity. Pick a certain terrain paints, floor and wall textures, types of flora and consistently use the same ones on a lot of the lots to make them looks united like they belong in the same town. That's what I believe makes a world look dense and well put together.
  • Options
    sholomsholom Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 2013
    i am not really looking for suggestions of how to make my city look fuller. i am looking for random ideas on new lots.

ill give an example. i have island paradise and have made a few small islands to one side of my world. i would like ideas on how to fill them. i have a treasure island and a smugglers den. any more suggestions would be welcome.

thank you again.
  • Options
    steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited July 2013
    How about a castaway island? Maybe one for camping? You could make a secret lab or an evil lair, maybe an observation tower?