Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are the bugs/glitches tolerable?

I've decided I want the Island Paradise EP, but I'm wondering how tolerable the bugs currently occurring with the game since the introduction of the EP are. I know that EA has been incredibly slow in releasing patches, especially lately while they rush out EPs. Are there game breaking issues? Has the invisible sim (errors with career wear I believe) been corrected? Any info appreciated as these EPs aren't cheap!
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited July 2013
    The only bug that made me want to stop playing Island Paradise was the sims resetting to land when I tried to get them to dive. But I just read the solution and looking forward to playing again.

The lag and routing issues are annoying, but not game busting in my opinion.
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi MiyuEmi,
    read please, Crinrict's bug thread for see bugs from this EP. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686687.page.
    My only active sim becomes invisible for the 1st time only with 1.55 and IP installed. Than game crashed. Carreer: Lifeguard, 9th level. I'm using only Twallan's mods.
    World is beautifull, but it has bunch of routing errors.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited July 2013
    The bug thread does mention a lot of bugs but not all of them are because of the game. Also it will not mean that you will get all these bugs!

I have the reset to land occasionally while exploring a cave but just try again and it should be fine.
    Only thing I find annoying is the boats floating around left there by sims. I don't have a lot of lag (just occasionally) so I don't mind to much but deleting them takes so much time.

Other than that I love the game!
  • Options
    JackBrevesJackBreves Posts: 511
    edited July 2013
    Personally, all the bugs, while somewhat annoying, are completely easy to work with. There's a bug where my Sims can't go home if they are swimming in the ocean. But I just tell them to boat to a random spot in the ocean and once their in the boat, then they can go home again. Totally easy.

I mean, I love Island Paradise too much to let this kind of thing stop me :P
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for all the info guys. Yes,I had read Cricint's Bug Thread as I always do when the new EPs come out, but I didn't want to read several pages of bug thread! I read the first page which Cricint created and while nothing seemed horrendously bad, I have had bugs (like invisible sims) which make gameplay more than frustrating. I was disappointed to hear there were so many routing errors though as it's reminiscent of what happened, it seemed, to all the worlds when Generations was released. I couldn't even play China anymore without wanting to kill myself due to lags and delays caused by people stuck in the ground etc. Hopefully the routing errors are not too bad and Ellacharmed is working on a routing fix. Hope EA isn't just counting on independent modders to fix problems like this...
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited July 2013
    The routing issues really are bad, but if you use Twallan's Overwatch, it keeps that in check. I think it would be unplayable without that mod, which is annoying since a game should never NEED a mod, but what can you do? Other than that, I love the world and I love diving.
  • Options
    djacob16djacob16 Posts: 95 Member
    edited July 2013
    I play the game without mods and it works fine for me. I have a few bugs; reset when diving and self employed sims can't check into resorts. I heard if u have one of the mods, it helps with the latter issue.

I also heard someone say the lag gets worse as sims get stuck etc. And people seem to have different combinations of the issues in that bug thread so you can end up with none of them or all of them and a game that crashes.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited July 2013
    The game is great, really. Watch a review for yourself and decide. It's not a broken game- millions of people wouldn't play if it was irreparably broken. I love IP.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited July 2013
    Aside from the diving cave issue and a few freeze issues this game can be played.Goodluck
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited July 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    The game is great, really. Watch a review for yourself and decide. It's not a broken game- millions of people wouldn't play if it was irreparably broken. I love IP.

I had seen a review but wanted the opinions of some people who are actively playing with the EP. I should be okay, hopefully as I tend to use Twallan's mods and they will generally fix a lot of the issues, especially Overwatch, though I think with routing issues I'm going to just hope that MTS has a fix for the routing.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    TucsonRosieTucsonRosie Posts: 310 New Member
    edited July 2013
    While we love the design and flavor of IP and enjoy the added functionality of diving, wind surfing, water skiing and resorts and lots of other things, this EP was THE worst one we've ever had. Never had so many problems with ANY world as on this one. It has gotten so bad with the glitches and freezes (brand new gaming computer btw) that we've stopped playing IP altogether.

Hopefully, EA will patch it someday. Meanwhile, we've been playing player-made worlds with dive lots and just copy over lots we like from IP. So, I guess, if you consider the added lots and functionality which can be used elsewhere, I guess it's worth the money. Or not.

:D:D
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited July 2013
    IP is an awesome EP and in my opinion-the BEST one yet. Only had one glitch where my sim shot to the surface when entering a cave on a dive. It corrected itself. No other issues for me. I thought about using mods at one time, but can't figure out how to use them in the game.

Thank you EA for coming out with this EP. :D
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    edited July 2013
    I really like IP and have the underwater cave problem and even though I have a mod that takes care of the resort checking in problem, my sim still can't check in without freezing solid. :roll:

I haven't had so much of the routing problem others have and my sim enjoys her speedboat and sailboat very much. She also has a nice houseboat she'll take out on weekends to visit different parts of the islands.

I wouldn't think of not playing IP, even with bugs. :mrgreen:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited July 2013
    I had a few issues when I first started playing, but now I hardly have any lag, yes there was some when I first started playing, but over time it just went away for me.
  • Options
    Jessika28Jessika28 Posts: 89 New Member
    edited July 2013
    The new neighbourhood that came with this expansion is extremely laggy. As time goes on it gets more and more laggy. That's about the only problem I have with it, sometimes thinking I should move my family to a new neighbourhood just to play smooth.

Downloading the overwatch mod is pretty much essential to play the new neighbourhood because there is a lot of pathing issues and sims get stuck and a lot of vehicles/boats get left around. Sometimes the mod would tell me it removed 8,000+ stuck or glitched vehicles/objects every few nights...
  • Options
    RADONATORRADONATOR Posts: 541 New Member
    edited July 2013
    MiyuEmi wrote:
    I've decided I want the Island Paradise EP, but I'm wondering how tolerable the bugs currently occurring with the game since the introduction of the EP are.

ya,if youre use to sims this is standard, great new things, things to do, new lifeguard career, Jetskis!, houseboats BIG map,but some glitches.
    Theres A-Lot of worthwhile reasons to get this Pack vs bugs.
    I don't have any problems with career wear. haven't seen any of that.
    DIVING, makes it worth the price right there. to me. Very well done.
    I give EA a lot a crap here, but its Kudos from me on this.
    Overall this is the best pack yet, the map is huge! you can own multiple homes-houseboats. go diving, go waterskiing, hang out at resort.
    Going boating with group can be frustrating, keep it to one sim an yours an it works good. go water skiing, they drive the boat an tow you.
    Build a resort! They have templates you lay down in blueprint mode makes it easy. Youll be busy an sometimes frustrated running it, so I sell em after build an setup, an then go build another or hang out as guest at the one I built!
    sharks, mermaids, giant boat-eating squid, cave diving, woohoo in caves, pool bars, pool waterfalls... :!: :wink:
  • Options
    onedadou1984onedadou1984 Posts: 95 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I've had horrible lagging issues with mine [and my computer is compatible - brand new]. resetsim* doesn't work, overwatch doesn't work... [sighs]. I've just decided to play in other towns until EA releases a patch. But even with these issues, IP is a great expansion. I can tell it's gonna be fun to play once I can actually play it... lol
  • Options
    soupsoup Posts: 38 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Even though I preordered IS, I didn't install it until about a week later. I was gonna wait until a patch was out because I got a little nervous reding about bugs and the lag.. Instead, I waited until Twallan updated his mods then installed it. I'm so glad I did! I was lucky enough not to experience most of the bugs I've read.

I do have some routing issues which Overwatch fixes and also the cave reset problem. Other than that, I'm enjoying this game very much!
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited July 2013
    ejoslin wrote:
    The routing issues really are bad, but if you use Twallan's Overwatch, it keeps that in check. I think it would be unplayable without that mod, which is annoying since a game should never NEED a mod, but what can you do? Other than that, I love the world and I love diving.

^^ This exactly ^^

Of course, I think it's been a required mod since Late Night introduced the car pile up.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have so many glitches that it's become frustrating for me to play it, so I've stopped playing. Most of my glitches have to do with houseboats and scuba diving from houseboats, so if you don't play with houseboats, then you probably won't have a problem. (Unfortunately, houseboats are the main reason I bought the EP in the first place!) Although even if you DON'T play with houseboats, you'll still get that frustrating lag.

I have a friend who hasn't bought Island Paradise yet, and asked me if it was worth getting. I told him it was glitchy as heck and that he probably should wait until a patch is released before he buys it, but after it gets a patch, it should be awesome after that.

• Options
    klovey2klovey2 Posts: 192 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't have any bugs or glitches. It's a big game of chance. But from what I've heard it is very much tollerable. Hope this helps!