Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruSmitty Dropping Hints!

Well well, good old Lisa fired up the hint machine before we noticed! Maybe you noticed, but i didn't at first!

Just look at these..

Those shifty eyes are her famous hint smiley

Hmm, is there anything about the goth family from the sims 1 coming or is sims 1 just a coincidence?

Is there a goth family member returning in the new world?

Comments

• ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm not sure, we already have them in Sunset Valley and the Goth ghosts in 🐸🐸🐸🐸, so I'm not sure which family member would be left to include.
  • miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited July 2013
    I am looking forward to the reveal of the next world, not that I need any more worlds in my game, though it's always exciting having a new place for sims to live hoping it's something completely unique :)
  • BetacetiBetaceti Posts: 1,914 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I hope that the "goth" reference does not apply to the new world.

I believe that we have enough supernatural, medieval, and Tudor themed things for TS3...
  • Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    edited July 2013
    Betaceti wrote:

I believe that we have enough supernatural, medieval, and Tudor themed things for TS3...

I disagree, politely of course! I wish the Into the Future time travel EP was actually an 'Into the Past' time travel EP and that there was more historical (especially medieval stuff) in the game. I'm with those who really wish they would bring over (if at all possible) some of the buy and build and CAS items from The Sims Medieval, into the Sims Store. They could have all my monies if they would!*L*
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited July 2013
    Betaceti wrote:

Hello Betaceti :)

Ugh, I hope this does not mean we are getting a Gothic world :( There was some talk of a Gothic, Supernatural world, which would be cool, especially if it were like New Orleans, however, I really think it is about time we got a Modern City world 8)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited July 2013
    I read those twitter feeds and I would love to have more OFB and SuperStar content in the game. I would also love to have Old Town in my game and more shops with all the neat content of Sims 1 & 2. I miss the food carts, take out counters and kiosks.

Happy Simming! :mrgreen:
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited July 2013
    I will also be VERY disappointed if the new world is goth inspired. I think we have more than enough of that. I thought that was the point of the Supernatural ep. I would prefer anything over another Twinbrook/Moonlight Falls/New Orleans type world. Also the new movie stuff pack has horror items in it. Enough already.

I want something beautiful and exciting. A modern Asian city would be lovely. And since Island Paradise has so many routing problems, the Atlantis themed world is beginning to sound nice. I also like the idea of Greek Islands and a Coney Island World. I'll take anything that is not goth.

This makes me think of the hint referencing the base game trees. Maybe the next world is OZ inspired and has a spooky section and a fantasy section. You could have a farming area as well. Maybe the store is trying to please everyone with the next world. Hahaha. :D
  • loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    edited July 2013
    A gothic new Orleans world would be amazing, especially since the new futuristic expansion really isn't my thing. They could have new instruments like trumpets, saxophones, ect as the pc.

I agree about including more historical themed content through the mall.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2013
    Prehaps it has something to do with next weeks sets.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2013
    *sigh* Gothic. This is neither leaning towards a Coney Island world, a Greek/Atlantis World, a Latin American World, a German World or a new City World, so I'd probably not be interested.

...........I say that now. I'd probably get it anyways. :roll: , I know how I roll. :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited July 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    *sigh* Gothic. This is neither leaning towards a Coney Island world, a Greek/Atlantis World, a Latin American World, a German World or a new City World, so I'd probably not be interested.

...........I say that now. I'd probably get it anyways. :roll: , I know how I roll. :lol:

I really want a European Swiss Alps world :mrgreen: I just wish if it ever came true (most unlikely :( ) it would come with yodelling :mrgreen: and if we got it I hope I wouldn't be the only one making a Young Frankenstein game :lol:

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:

I really want a European Swiss Alps world :mrgreen: I just wish if it ever came true (most unlikely :( ) it would come with yodelling :mrgreen: and if we got it I hope I wouldn't be the only one making a Young Frankenstein game :lol:

Last year something Swiss or Scandanavian was my number #1 most wanted world, because of how it would look with the snow. A snowy mountain getaway with ski PC (to be used with resorts now no less!) would have been awesome, but AS is that sort of influence with less mountains, and, while not to poke a sore spot, we saw how the snow ended up there.

MMKay shushing about the AS issue now, sorry...it was pertinent to the comment though! :oops:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited July 2013
    Do we think her Superstar references are simply out of genuine conversation or do we think she's hinting that there's some of those missing gameplay objects coming to the store? I saw this thread after I put up my suggestion thread for a movie camera to go with the MSP coming in September?
  • chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited July 2013
    Ugh, not after Dragon Valley...

Plus I really want them to fix SN bugs first, especially
    the Restoration Ritual one. :(
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yodeling, Corey? :| LOL! Oh, sure - I can just hear it now: Yodeling in the shower. Yodeling while fishing. Yodeling at the most awkward, random times. Plus, with my luck, I would have sims who were supremely bad yodelers. It would make my newbie violinists sound like angels with harps. :wink:
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited July 2013
    Blam! Bring back memories? We could only be so lucky, personally I'd be all over a Gothic New Orleans world, feeling kinda chipper just thinking it might happen!! I do hope they throw in the ability to craft our own gargoyles though, I love those things, we NEED more! :twisted: :mrgreen: :!:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Town

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Goth_Family

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gargoyle_Bench
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have had enough of the GOTH'S please let us have something more original then this. I would like something more normal like some new furniture not sure what kind. Anything but the Goths's.

No future stuff either we will have enough of the in the next EP.
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree completely on the future stuff, will be avoiding that until the expansion is here, I love the shapes, the history and the general creepiness of the Gothic stuff though :lol:
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • prettyminotaurprettyminotaur Posts: 262 New Member
    edited July 2013
    If I had to guess, I'd say that the Goths are iconic enough that a far-future descendent of the family might live in Arcadia Landing.

As for the "Into the Past" idea, I'm going to make-over Appaloosa Plains with the new Western stuff and make it like a late 19th century town. Then I can travel from there into the future, and into another world (the present), and back again!
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited July 2013
    Creepy clowntastic-land, old town, voodoo, New Orleans world :mrgreen:
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think maybe one or more descendants of the Goths might show up in the future themed coming with Into the Future.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think they are hinting that because of the coming stuff pack and how it show you can used the accessories of the backlot to do up what looks like a better movie lot unless they are making a Hollywood world and finally adding in the filming and the high fashion modeling with camera guys and what not. Don't for get the store worlds are separate from the ep worlds and the store has not done a Hollywood type thing. Maybe she is playing superstar to see how those studio grounds are set up and how the acting went and the modeling as it has been since Sims 1 that we have had that. Like it or not a lot of simmers have asked for acting that they can see and the cat walks that really work and rehersals and making the recording disks and making commercials. All that is in Superstar. The store worlds are for people who don't have eps as much as it is for everyone and it would be their chance to be able to have stars also. I loved superstar - so I would not have any problems with it - then add to the fact we are getting a costume stuff pack - which I love already also and I own all eps, sps and the store. But think about it what would make Smitty go back and play Sims 1 Superstar but the fact they need to see how it went and to decide on what pc they can use and how hard it would be to be done Sims 3 style?

Granted I am just putting all the scatters of info together but yeah I can very much see that direction - especially since her posts about playing in Superstar and add to that seeing the backlot stuff being turned into a stage that looks like it could be the superstar type acting stages.

Also it would definitely have a city to it and a good place not to need skyscrapers seeing they can't because they are ep stuff....

I'd be interested - but then again I like everything - so I guess I am not a real good judge. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited July 2013
    I loved playing Sims 1 Superstar. I would be happy with any of that content. You may be on to something Writin_Reg. :D
  • MyrrhawaMyrrhawa Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2013
    Betaceti wrote:

I disagree, politely of course! I wish the Into the Future time travel EP was actually an 'Into the Past' time travel EP and that there was more historical (especially medieval stuff) in the game. I'm with those who really wish they would bring over (if at all possible) some of the buy and build and CAS items from The Sims Medieval, into the Sims Store. They could have all my monies if they would!*L*

I agree with you.We do not have enough of supernatural, medieval, and Tudor themed things.I also would love it if it was into the past pack. I am just not into the future stuff :(
    tumblr_nt1u2tH5cj1sicac5o1_500.gif
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2013
    I went CRAZY when I saw that tweet! I looked up the Goth family on the Wiki and it say's they're connected to Old Town!!!

If we get an Old Town/French Quarter I will literally Squee for about a WEEK!!!

WANT!

WANT!

WANT!

And why do people always associate Gothic with Supernatural? It's an actual architectural movement and it's beautiful! My absolute favourite architectural style! Plus if it's like the Sims 1 Old Town it will be associated with New Orleans French Quarter which has stunning art nouveau architecture! All in all I expect it to be a beautiful and gorgeous world!