Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How I Stopped the Freezing In My Game...

While playing tonight, I found that I placed a lot, a small beach lot, on a larger lot and moved it around with the lot adjustment tool. Later I kept getting a long freeze that would happen for 2 or 3 minutes and left the game, took out some mods, but when I started my game again the freeze was still there.

Then I remembered I placed the small beach lot and sent my sim there. The beach was littered with lots of sea shells and bottles. I had only one spawner for the land seashells and bottles and one for mosquitoes.

My poor sim,

Screenshot-44-2.jpg

mosquitos.png

I couldn't stop the biting, the queues kept growing beyond what was allowed. So I instantly went to Edit Town, and clicked on the lot which took my sim home, turned on BuyDebug and this is what I got:

Screenshot-45-5.jpg

What the heck? That what was freezing my game. I forgot if you keep adjusting the lot spawners will multiply, so I deleted them all except the one seashell and one mosquitoes and my game went back to normal. I started checking other lots that I knew had spawners placed by me and removed any extras too.

I don't play Isla Paradiso so I don't know if that will help there, but this was my solution that stopped my freezing.
Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.

Comments

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited July 2013

Hoe do you in fact use the code BuyDebug? Bring up the cheat line, and what do you write there?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited July 2013
    You need testing cheats on first.

1) testingcheatsenabled true
    2) buydebug

I do a fair bit of editing in my hoods and always have those two cheats on so that I can see if any spawners are on any Lots that I'm checking. They do have a nasty habit of multiplying :shock:
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited July 2013
    Just like elanorbreton wrote, except I use BuyDebug. I guess it doesn't matter. :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited July 2013
    In my case, I experienced the freezing in Lucky Palms with no any custom lots placed. It's still mystery for me. So I moved back to Starlight Shore and the freezing has gone.
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited July 2013
    I haven't played Lucky Palms in a long time, but if I recall, the wild horses tended to get stuck on the fishing lot that is an indoor fishing lot. They don't have enough room to roam.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited July 2013
    I haven't played Lucky Palms in a long time, but if I recall, the wild horses tended to get stuck on the fishing lot that is an indoor fishing lot. They don't have enough room to roam.
    Oh I had uninstalled Pets before installing Island Paradise but still experienced freezing. Yes it was the first time I had in LUCKY PALMS. Looked like it was a random bug I think.