Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

-Creations By Mood- *NEW WIP 09/03/14 - Mexican Restaurant (pg4)*

MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
Welcome to my Creations thread! Here I'll be showcasing all of my TS3 builds. In this first post I'll be including all of my current builds with images and links to download. In the second post on this thread you'll find images and information on my upcoming builds.

All of my builds are custom content free; I do not download ANY TS3 content unless it comes from the official TS3 store.

NEW BUILD 24/09/13 - The Tudor Tavern

Welcome to the Tudor Tavern! This charming 16th century public house has been re-imagined for the modern day. Serving up a great selection of meals and a wide variety of drinks you'll never be disappointed when visiting The Tudor Tavern!

I've combined the premise of a traditional pub with the content from the store's very own bistro set to create a modernized Tudor restaurant/public house. I've included a seasonal lot marker to remove the outdoor seating areas during the winter (I don't know about anyone else but I don't want my Sims eating their meals out in the cold). I hope everyone enjoys The Tudor Tavern; I know I've certainly enjoyed building it. :D

Recommended lot size: 20x30

Recommended lot placement: Dragon Valley, 86 Deidre Drive

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7681609

Full details and more images available on page four of this thread.

2_zps95823306.jpg

NEW BUILD 28/07/13 - Vista Bowls & Bar

Full details and more images available on page two of this thread.

Vista Bowls & Bar is the perfect hangout for your social Sims. Combining a traditional pub with an exciting bowling alley your Sims will never be bored when visiting this rustic and charming venue. Upstairs you'll find a small arcade perfect for entertaining the little ones whilst Mum and Dad make the most of the entertainment on offer downstairs.

Recommended lot size: 35x35

Recommended lot placement: Monte Vista, 31 Verona Way

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7526778

Screenshot-141_zpsef3c65ed.jpg

21/07/13 - Little England

This charming bungalow is perfect for a small family just starting out. Featuring a large open plan layout, one bathroom, one double bedroom, and even one single bedroom, this little house really does seem bigger on the inside. A small pond and some typical English landscaping give this house the perfect finish.

Recommended lot size: 25x25

Price:
Furnished: 47,611
Unfurnished: 25,025

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7505412

Screenshot-101_zpsa01767e7.jpg

Screenshot-102_zps4144a8c4.jpg

Screenshot-106_zpsf37c6386.jpg

Screenshot-108_zps15382449.jpg

19/07/13 - Eco Box

Introducing... Eco Box! This small starter home styled after the latest contemporary modern houses has a cosy open plan layout and includes two double bedrooms. Perfect for the small family just starting out, the Eco Box is an environmentally friendly house in a box.

Recommended lot size: 20x20

Price:
Furnished: 57,541
Unfurnished: 29,999

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7498918

Screenshot-96_zpsccf0bbdc.jpg

Screenshot-92_zpse65dd958.jpg

Screenshot-93_zps75be8ad8.jpg

Screenshot-94_zps6cecb4ae.jpg

10/12/13 - The Bachelorette

PLEASE NOTE: THIS LOT IS DESIGNED TO FIT THE PLACE OF '721 BELLA VISTA DRIVE' IN THE SIMS 3 STORE WORLD OF MONTE VISTA.

This small house is perfect for the single Sim or those just starting a family! The downstairs comprises a spacious garage and laundry room whilst the upstairs encases one double and one single bedroom with an open plan living, dining, and kitchen area, leading out to an open balcony at the rear of the building.

Recommended lot size: 20x20

Price:
Furnished: 57,541
Unfurnished: 29,999

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7498061

Screenshot-76_zps93bea77b.jpg

Screenshot-79_zps08535b0c.jpg

Screenshot-82_zpsbf3da2dd.jpg

Screenshot-81_zps3c09a9b5.jpg
tFU6JMe.png

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I'll be using this post to showcase my upcoming lots. Please remember these images are from work in progress builds and as such everything you see is subject to change.

WIP - 24/07/13

Can you guess what I'm building in the World of Monte Vista? :P

Screenshot-110_zpsb18ed64c.jpg

WIP - 19/07/13

An overview of the lot:
    Screenshot-73_zps113920d4.jpg

The same image from a different angle, specifically showcasing the garage:
    Screenshot-74_zpsdab42606.jpg

The pool area:
    Screenshot-75_zps5040c18a.jpg

If anyone has any constructive criticism for what I've got so far I'd be more than happy to hear it. :) (Also note, floor and wall coverings are subject to change, they're mainly the way they are now (particularly the red brick at the front) so that I can see what I'm working with).
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2013
    2 lovely builds! I like the eco box very much. Nice modern architecture. The bachelorette looks charming! Love the exterior. Recommended both your builds. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you very much for your kind words and your recommendations! I tried to make The Bachelorette as rustic as I could, what with it being primarily designed for Monte Vista (though of course it looks fantastic in any world ;)) and I'm incredibly pleased with how it turned out. :)
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    GreenDream19GreenDream19 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi Moodbeamy,

Eco Box is really fantastic! I love the design and architecture of the house especially the lovely mix of cladding on the exterior, I'm a big fan of that style! :D

I've rec'd all your build up to here, great work! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hi Moodbeamy,

Eco Box is really fantastic! I love the design and architecture of the house especially the lovely mix of cladding on the exterior, I'm a big fan of that style! :D

I've rec'd all your build up to here, great work! :D

Thank you very much! :) Eco Box is a small taster of what's to come in my upcoming WIP lot (pictures above). It will very much follow the same style but on a MUCH larger scale. Thing is, when I play, I personally enjoy having a smaller house (I know I'm probably in the minority here) because it's easier to play with, especially when you start having children. I therefore make a lot more smaller houses than I do anything else, lol. Not since TS2 have a made a house anywhere near as large as my WIP lot, but even so, my WIP lot will be the biggest build I've ever done. :D I'm still not sure just how long it will take because I'm working on smaller builds at the same time just to take a break from doing it for a while. Anyway, I'm rambling now, so I'll just thank you again for your lovely comments and recommendations. :)
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited July 2013
    Very nice houses. Rec'd them both and look forward to seeing more.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Very nice houses. Rec'd them both and look forward to seeing more.

Thank you very much! :) I *should* have my next build up this evening if everything goes to plan. :)
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    My third (uploaded) creation is here!

Introducing...

NEW BUILD 21/07/13 - Little England

This charming bungalow is perfect for a small family just starting out. Featuring a large open plan layout, one bathroom, one double bedroom, and even one single bedroom, this little house really does seem bigger on the inside. A small pond and some typical English landscaping give this house the perfect finish.

Recommended lot size: 25x25

Price:
    Furnished: 47,611
    Unfurnished: 25,025

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7505412

Screenshot-101_zpsa01767e7.jpg

Screenshot-102_zps4144a8c4.jpg

Screenshot-106_zpsf37c6386.jpg

Screenshot-108_zps15382449.jpg

As always, any constructive criticism is always welcome. We only learn if we know our mistakes. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited July 2013
    Your WIP looks really good! All I have to say now is that it looks a little drafty! :mrgreen: Keep working on it!!! I'm sure this house is going to be amazing when it's finished!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    DataHead wrote:
    Your WIP looks really good! All I have to say now is that it looks a little drafty! :mrgreen: Keep working on it!!! I'm sure this house is going to be amazing when it's finished!

Thanks very much! It's going to be VERY open plan with lots of windows to let in those beautiful Lucky Palms sunsets! On the plus side it'll be nice and warm! :D
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I have another WIP build to show off this evening! I've taken a break from my Lucky Palms build to work on something I've had in the pipeline for a while. If you've seen me over on the Store forum then you'll know what this is, if you haven't then I wish you luck in trying to work it out!

Screenshot-110_zpsb18ed64c.jpg

Can anyone hazard a guess at what this will become? I'll give you a hint... it's a community lot. ;)
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    estyle36estyle36 Posts: 1,338 New Member
    edited July 2013
    A resort :) ?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    estyle36 wrote:
    A resort :) ?

A good guess but alas, it's not a resort. :( Perhaps another hint will help! It's a venue that younger Sims will particularly enjoy ;)
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, I've got a new image of the new WIP Monte Vista build to share with everyone this evening!

Screenshot-111_zpsa3565cdd.jpg

So, can anyone hazard a guess as to what it is now? It's changed quite drastically (mainly because I could not get a roof I was happy with on the earlier design) and I think this design is actually a lot more representative of the type of venue this will be. ;) (That's hint number 3!)
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited July 2013
    Your 3 builds are great! :) Nice exterior design of each of them. It looks nice how you have done the pond area for the Little England build, and the way you have done the plants/flowers around the front and corner of Eco box looks good.
    Your WIP is looking great! It looks good how you are using the arches. I am not sure yet though what the venue is. It looks good for Monte Vista.
    Just a little note. Perhaps you could shorten the length of the title of this thread. Long titles sometimes causes errors when people try to post a reply to you. They then need to use quick reply instead.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Your 3 builds are great! :) Nice exterior design of each of them. It looks nice how you have done the pond area for the Little England build, and the way you have done the plants/flowers around the front and corner of Eco box looks good.
    Your WIP is looking great! It looks good how you are using the arches. I am not sure yet though what the venue is. It looks good for Monte Vista.
    Just a little note. Perhaps you could shorten the length of the title of this thread. Long titles sometimes causes errors when people try to post a reply to you. They then need to use quick reply instead.

Firstly, let me thank you for telling me about the problem with long titles. I couldn't work out why I couldn't post a reply here earlier, and now I know why. I'll go change it right away! :)

Also, thank you very much for the very positive feedback. :) I like to pay particular attention to detail to the exteriors of my builds because I know the interior can always be easily changed by anyone who downloads the lots (and because I try and use items from as few packs/store items as possible I don't have a great range of choice for furnishing homes so I know people are likely to add in furniture from other packs) and I'm not *particularly* great at furnishing the insides of my buildings. :( I think it's because I like everything to be perfect and I often struggle to find items that match one another so I just get frustrated with it.

On that note, if anyone has any tips for interior decorating or links to any helpful threads I'd be more than happy for you to post them here. :) I'm always open to new ideas. :)

I'm also very pleased that you like my landscaping; again, it's not one of my strong points.

Again, thank you very much for your comments on my current WIP build for Monte Vista. It's come a long way since I first started planning it, including moving to a larger lot in a completely different location (when I eventually post it I'll explain this more and it will make a lot of sense) and completely redesigning the whole building whilst retaining some of the key ideas I had when I first started planning the venue.

Time for hint number four on the venue? Hmm... Let me think...

Well, I can't think of one right now, but let me reassure you, when I post this venue to the exchange tomorrow it'll bowl you over! ;)
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, my WIP Monte Vista build is almost finished! It's time for a couple of interior shots!

Screenshot-113_zps82438e5d.jpg

Screenshot-114_zps883c23a6.jpg

Can anyone work out what it is now? I'll give you one final hint... If you look VERY closely at the bottom right hand corner in the first screenshot in this post then you can just about make out a particular item ;)
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It is just a little guess and it is probably wrong, but I am wondering if it includes bowling because you mentioned that it would bowl us over? Great photos of the interior. The sofa seating areas look great and nice ceiling lights.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    It is just a little guess and it is probably wrong, but I am wondering if it includes bowling because you mentioned that it would bowl us over? Great photos of the interior. The sofa seating areas look great and nice ceiling lights.

Yes, it is bowling! :D Thank you! :) I'm still working on the interior because I'm struggling to get it exactly as I want it but *hopefully* I'll have it ready at some point this evening. The Monte Vista bowling alley is something I started work on a while ago and it's come an awfully long way since I came up with the initial idea but I'm really pleased with how it's turned out now. I think a Monte Vista bowling alley is something we've really been lacking so far (I love Monte Vista and I love bowling) so I hope everyone else is as happy with the end result as I am because after all, I'm not just making this for me, I'm making it for other users to download. :)
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Good evening everyone! I've been working very hard this past week to bring you my latest work, the Monte Vista bowling alley I spoke about on the store forum several months ago. I took up the project again at the beginning of the week and the venue went through some dramatic changes, including moving to a completely different lot and completely changing the whole concept I had for the building. Originally this venue was destined to fit into the small square of community lots built across the bridge in Monte Vista. However, I felt the lot I had to work with was too small to achieve everything I wanted and so I moved to a far larger lot to fulfill my needs. I hit a few other obstacles as well including a huge struggle to get a roof I liked. I finally decided on a new design for the top of the building which involved demolishing most of it so I could use a roof that I felt would fit the type of venue this is far better. So, after a long and tiring week here it is! Without any further ado...

NEW BUILD 28/07/13 - Vista Bowls & Bar

Vista Bowls & Bar is the perfect hangout for your social Sims. Combining a traditional pub with an exciting bowling alley your Sims will never be bored when visiting this rustic and charming venue. Upstairs you'll find a small arcade perfect for entertaining the little ones whilst Mum and Dad make the most of the entertainment on offer downstairs.

Recommended lot size: 35x35

Recommended lot placement: Monte Vista, 31 Verona Way

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7526778

Screenshot-141_zpsef3c65ed.jpg

Screenshot-140_zpsa68f9f01.jpg

Screenshot-119_zpsc1ad3252.jpg

Screenshot-117_zps149dd457.jpg

Screenshot-121_zpsb11d1edc.jpg

Screenshot-123_zps47855719.jpg

Screenshot-132_zps293290ee.jpg

Screenshot-124_zps344a74d1.jpg

Screenshot-127_zps75fc74b4.jpg

Screenshot-131_zps08a546e0.jpg

Screenshot-129_zps18750b19.jpg

Screenshot-128_zpsbdc07654.jpg

Screenshot-134_zps600d5184.jpg

Screenshot-135_zps47412775.jpg

Screenshot-136_zps4412ab22.jpg

I've worked incredibly hard on this venue and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. It's great fun to visit (I've tried and tested it for several hours just to ensure everything works) and Sims around the town also enjoy popping in for a drink or two and a few games of bowling.

As always this lot contains no custom content.

If anyone has any constructive criticism I'd love to hear it, after all, I can't improve my building skills if you don't point out my faults!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Vista bowls and bar looks great! :) It is a great place for sims of all ages to enjoy visiting. It looks great the way you have done the column bowls sign in the front right side of the build. Great exterior design of the building and the roof looks great. Nice photos you have taken of it at sunset! It looks great how you have used the arches and the creeping vine. Great setting up of the different levels of the build. Great to have the bowling lanes and also a bar area for sims to have something to eat and drink as well. Sims will enjoy being entertained by other sims playing the musical instruments whilst they are bowling or eating.Great to have the pool table and arcade games to play upstairs. Great facilities you have provided in one place for our sims to enjoy visiting!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you very much Rosemow! I see you frequent these threads a lot so your comments really mean a lot to me, I'm really glad that you like my new lot, thank you! :D
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited July 2013
    Nicely done! Recommended and favorited.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Nicely done! Recommended and favorited.

Wow! Thank you so much SimGuruCopeland! To have a Guru recommend and favourite my work really means a lot to me! Thank you! :D (And thank you for your hard work on the recent Bistro venue :D)
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well I have my next build all planned out. I'll be building a huge farm with a traditional colonial country farmhouse, along with a barn, stables, an area for training/riding horses, the chicken coop (store PC item), AND space for gardening. It won't be a quick build, it'll probably take longer than the bowling alley, but it's something I've wanted to do for a long time so I'm looking forward to starting work on it. I have already found a blueprint for the house so it's just a case of working out the rest of the lot.

What does everyone think? Good idea? Bad idea? Please let me know. :)
    tFU6JMe.png