The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The site won't let me buy simpoints

I have tried every browser I can think of. All I get is the systems error message or I just get redirected to the page where I click buy again. Can someone give me a tip as to what to do?

I have tried contacting CS but they are not very helpful.

I have tried buying with paypal as well but no joy. Contacted the bank and they have no problem at their end...
d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg

Comments

• CelestiAliCatCelestiAliCat Posts: 1,191 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm having the same problem too. I am trying to pay through paypal, but when I click continue it just refreshes on the same page. :/
  • CelestiAliCatCelestiAliCat Posts: 1,191 Member
    edited July 2013
    Looking at my billing history, I noticed I had been charged 3 times. Under each of those orders it says it red: Unconfirmed Paypal. When I click on the order number it says this in red: Thank You. Your transaction from PayPal is still processing and may take up to 24 hours. Please check back again at a later time in your billing history to see if your transaction has completed.

Oy vey!

Well the 1000 points have been added. I looked at my Paypal transactions and it says I've been charged once, not 3 times like this silly site says. (Wonky site is wonky) :s

Nevermind...I WAS charged multiple times. Another 1000 sp just got added. Looks like I need to get in tough with customer service. -_-
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Wolfking685Wolfking685 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited July 2013
    :evil: Same here i get sent back to to the buy page :twisted:
  • Watley425Watley425 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited July 2013
    It's still happening to me, I try to buy the points and I get a screen that says;

Purchase Error
    An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later. {0}

I've been trying for a few days and I'm ready to give up.
  • ArnellaSimsArnellaSims Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2013
    Looking at my billing history, I noticed I had been charged 3 times. Under each of those orders it says it red: Unconfirmed Paypal. When I click on the order number it says this in red: Thank You. Your transaction from PayPal is still processing and may take up to 24 hours. Please check back again at a later time in your billing history to see if your transaction has completed.

Oy vey!

Well the 1000 points have been added. I looked at my Paypal transactions and it says I've been charged once, not 3 times like this silly site says. (Wonky site is wonky) :s

Nevermind...I WAS charged multiple times. Another 1000 sp just got added. Looks like I need to get in tough with customer service. -_-

Oh! This sounds like the problem I'm having, but there's nothing in my billing history. But now I'm scared that they will kickstart the transaction soon and charge me multible times (I clicked "buy" like 10 times... :shock: )
  • CarCar91CarCar91 Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    I've been having the same problem for almost a week and no one seems to have any answers. It would be nice if I could buy myself a little gift before my classes start up again.

None of the pending $1.00 attempted charges were processed and all fell off the following day after I tried to buy simpoints with my CC.
  • janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have tried every browser I can think of. All I get is the systems error message or I just get redirected to the page where I click buy again. Can someone give me a tip as to what to do?

I have tried contacting CS but they are not very helpful.

I have tried buying with paypal as well but no joy. Contacted the bank and they have no problem at their end...

I bought a credit card gift card today, signed into the account and found that it's fine. I tried to buy Dragon Valley, only to see that my card took off $1.13 twice. I assumed it was because my internet page froze and I have to close it and open it so I tried buying the 5000 simpoints bundle, only for it to fail as well. (didn't get simpoints but $1.13 was taken off (uping the total to four times because I tried to buy the bundle a second time. None of my purchasing attempts are listed in my billing history. :(

I've put in a request to reverse the charges to on my credit card gift card. I would have notified the sims site about it too but there is no one available to chat. :x Hopefully I will have a better chance to solve this tomorrow.

EDIT: I got through to the Customer Service chat and they've confirmed that the transaction did not go through so it will be reversed on it's own. :D

I got a nice advisor too. (S)he told me to wait 5-7 business days for the $1.13 charges to be reversed on my card. Hopefully this simpoints problem will be resolved by then.

jD001
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

edited July 2013
    Still not working for me. I wanted to buy the Bistro Venue, but if it is not fixed soon I will miss the sale. :(

• GloryGal123GloryGal123 Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2013
    Now that the simpoints buying screen has been changed, it will only allow those in the United States to purchase using Credit Card or PayPal, Canada doesn't exist, only one choice U.S.A....have missed out on sales... Please help!! :? [/b]
    edited July 2013
    So Canada won't be able to get Celtic Ruins because they're only letting the US buy online? :(

That sux. Guess I'll just take my $75 credit gift card I was gonna use on the store and put in in Amazon.ca.

jD001

• millietm3millietm3 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I'm so upset!!! When I go to buy simpoints it tells me I'm about to purchase 24,000 points for $160.00 I'm like wth no!!! lol and when I click on
    "change bundle" it still says the same thing!!!! HELP!!
    edited July 2013
    What seems to be happening is that the new way for us to go to the screens to purchase Sim points is not working properly. There is a drop down screen for "country" and the only choice is USA. I know that the description mentioned something about it would be easier for Canada and the US to use these new screens but obviously something has glitched it. Guess we just have to wait and see.

I've missed out on several of the discounted venues because I don't have enough Simpoints...that is just so wrong!!!
    edited July 2013
    Tried again just to check and it still will not let me buy. Guess I missed the sale on the Bistro, so I will not be buying it. Oh well, I tried. :cry:

This is wrong, EA.
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    edited July 2013
    millietm3 wrote:
    I'm so upset!!! When I go to buy simpoints it tells me I'm about to purchase 24,000 points for $160.00 I'm like wth no!!! lol and when I click on
    "change bundle" it still says the same thing!!!! HELP!!

I have been getting this for 4 days now. Now the sale is over!! I am in the US and it is NOT working here either.

but....this in not the only glitch on the site. One of many!!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • ArnellaSimsArnellaSims Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2013
    I would actually prefer a glitch over EA deciding that only the US can buy online (which wouldn't surpise me - and since I live in Europe that would really $uck). One can maybe hope that they put the sale back on for some items as compensation?
    edited July 2013
    Is there actually anyone involved with the SimPoints who can fix the buying screen? How do you contact someone that can address this? Am I not on the right forum? I'm getting very, very ticked off about this entire thing. If EA doesn't want Canadians to buy SimPoints, I'd like to know so that I can just go and play other games...this is not an acceptable issue...

Can anyone actually pay with a credit card or Paypal and have a choice of living somewhere other than the States, like for instance Canada???

Seriously is there is someone I can contact please let me know how to do this, thanks!!
    edited July 2013
    Please ignore my previous message the issue has been corrected..sorry for complaining so much!! :oops:
  • BritBrockwayBritBrockway Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2013
    :( Yeah, I got billed 2 times! On hold right now with EA help. It's taking forever to get a hold of someone! :evil:
    edited July 2013
    I still cannot buy and if I attempt to buy to see if the service is working, I get billed for a $1.00 fee. I know it will come off in a few days, but if I keep attempting to buy the fees will start to pile up. I am so over this, EA. :(

Just as a question; Has anyone seen a Guru reply to posts in this forum area lately?

:arrow: Edit: I ended up purchasing the points through Origin. I did not get the mystery bag, but I got the points. I ended up paying the full price for the Bistro as well, but this issue will never be addressed by EA so why bother. I will not be purchasing the next EP or Stuff pack. EA needs to fix what they have out first. They are so involved with TS4 and their new projects that the released products are forgotten. Believe me, I love The Sims; I have played The Sims 1, The Sims 2 and now The Sims 3. I still have all the discs to the games. I just want EA to make this game as good as it can be. It deserves it; we fans deserve it.
    edited July 2013
    It would be nice if a SimGuru would acknowledge that this is a big problem and that it is being looked at. I'm going onto 2 weeks of not being able to buy anything.
    edited July 2013
    Are people still having problems with buying simpoints? I'd like to know before I buy an credit gift card in order to purchase some.

jD001

• terri81terri81 Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2013
    I am unable to purcase sim points. I hadn't bought any for ages, and if I did I always used a pre-paid credit card. I tried last Thursday and have almost every day since then. I always get the same message "system error, please try again later". I got in contact with EA help and the person told me that due to fraud that EA is currently not accepting some pre-paid credit cards. Then I got an email from another service agent at EA stating that my account had been blocked and if I could try again. Tried again, still "system error.
  • Russells2Russells2 Posts: 1,495 Member
    edited July 2013
    I tried a few times today and kept getting they system error message. They charged my credit card the preauthorization fee though. At least that will fall off in a few days.
  • terri81terri81 Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2013
    "System Error" Again today.
    edited July 2013
    Still haven't been able to buy any simpoints.