Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Explorers - Chapter 4

Comments

• RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited July 2013
    My sims just reached leval 3 so tried dive spot one and had fun. Very lovely. Looted the treasure chest and saw a merman. Funny thing though. When I was playing my sims in their HB in IP I had them upgrade both the speed and the autopilot then I saved them and the HB to my library. but in this world we are testing the boat wasn't upgraded. confused unless I added the non upgraded HB , but don't think so. Just played a family with 2 kids for one day but had no problems with them going to school. there is a lamp post in the middle of the side walk by the club on Kraken Island. Posted info on her thread. Forgot to mention That was a very nice ad that your son created. :thumbup:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2013
    Rflong - Well this is a work around that a number of simmers are all saying is working for them and yes they are having the same crash of EIG as you - I copied the whole post:

This is a post by a simmer called BenCO722:

"I experienced this too. But I have good news. I have discovered a work-around.

Here's what I did, step by step:

1) Initiate or start CAW, or it's otherwise running.
    2) Start up EIG.
    3) Alt-Tab out of TS3/EIG.
    4) Close CAW. Keep TS3/EIG running.
    5) Change whatever you want in EIG.
    6) Save in EIG.
    7) Close TS3.
    8) Open the world in CAW to work on it more, if desired.

The changes will save.

The technical reason why the save failed? Well, only one program may have a file open at any given time. As CAW had the files open, TS3/EIG couldn't write to them. Solution? Close CAW.

Before, CAW "released" the files (so CAW didn't have them open) after EIG started, but the latest version didn't do that for some reason."

So far the only thing lots of people say works - Hope it helps you. Hugz Reggie

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited July 2013
    Thanks Rukaya - yeah direct and to the point - you can see the shop outside and see the people inside and their credentials. It is a lot better than the last one they had. You can see my sons credentials - well his tech credentials as he did not include his programming abilities etc seeing they are not used when fixing pcs or building them. His former ad had all that additional info and was sort of confusing if someone just wanted a pc fixed or built - so I am glad he changed all that info that wasn't needed.

That's good about the dive lots. Did your sim kids go on a field trip as that is where the problem was with the school in IP - when they go on a field trip the school says they are skipping school in IP. Also the stadium part did not work right for sports career as the sims can't win games in IP - so I am hoping it is just IP and not the school itself.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi :)

Thanks so much, WR. I know how you stick to something when you want to find it. :)

That solution been around since Ambitions... if I remember right. It's something I've tried already.

I just want to thank you for searching so hard for me. I'll be redoing everything tomorrow... I'm pretty sure it has something to do with all the Store stuff I have installed- and all the new store stuff I added with the free set stuff. :D

Oh, well- It's about time I had lots of problems in CAW. :lol:

edited July 2013
    You are probably right - as the finger seems to point to too many resources being pulled by EIG and that was another suggestion was for people to clean out the the DCback up and Dccache and just leave the CC merged file in there and the files just for the store content you immediately need - oh and also your mod folder.

Another person said they are sure it is all the temp files that are added each time and that we need to delete them everytime before we go into CAW.

One person did suggest they had some luck with increasing their virtual memory from the 4 thousand and something the program gives us with 8 gigs of ram to 12, 000 something and said that stipped the problem for them. I know you can do that because Pete automatically moved my virtual memory to that same 12,000 plus - he had a specific number that you type in instead of letting Windows manage it - and it is one of the reasons my pc never crashes - it may freeze like I had it do that time with the Vampire Lounge - but it won't crash - where generally that kind of event will make the game crash to desktop. But so far nothing has made me crash - but I also don't do CAW - so I can't contend that solves that issue too - but one simmer said it does for them at another on another site. I also did not know exactly what her problem was to start with as that thread was just about CAW problems that you guys had after that SN patch before the 1.50 came out. So I did not know if it was relevant.

But no one really seemed to know for sure with the exception of that info where several people in that thread finally got EIG to stop crashing. I know it worked for 4 out of the 5 with the problem. The guy that put the info I copied up said it was a fix that worked previously with EIG.

I did go check a few other places after I posted that, but found no other info - or at least no similar complaints. So I have finally given up.

You are right - I do not give up easily. Especially for my friends. hehehe I am guilty. Besides I can't stand not knowing the answer to any problem. Drives me bonkers. Anyway - I hope you get it working but if you don't I think your world would have no problems with you doing the rest in a save file like you mentioned earlier. Either way I am sure people will love it.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited July 2013
    RF I hope you get it figured out soon! I know I can not have alot of my store content in the DCCache file when I use the EIG or mine will crash or not load! ... That is why I am trying to keep the amount of store content down in Izabo Atol.... it is really hard as I own most of the store and love all the content I have!
    edited July 2013
    This world called Acaraho by Annieover - you guys might want to avoid - it has the attaching "naked top and bottoms" everyday CASpart clothing in it - I tried to explain how troublesome that CC is and finally posted the link to Crinricts thread - she says it is her horse CC and she would never share content that would create problems - etc, etc but what it boils down to she seemed irritated when I tried to explain as if it is my fault the CC is the attachment kind. It plainly shows in custard along with a couple object CC (one she explained was her own CC background to the world) but the other CC is a bathroom counter - now I am not sure about if that is okay now or not but that simmer makes object sets that frequently create problems in the game - but I did not bring that up I just said it was a bathroom counter - but I do know that creator is known for their troublesome furniture sets. As that info though is old, they might have improved things - so don't want to judge something I am unsure of. But anyway - seeing she is seeking testers - just warning you guys especially with the naked tops and bottom CC as that is listed in Crinricts thread as bad CC with attachment problems even when you don't use the CC in a shared lot, this CC attaches anyway - so you may not want to test that world if anyone is thinking of it - as it is a very beautiful world - no doubt about that - but definitely not worth the trouble attachment CC has - never mind the fact it is in a world.

Reactions like hers though disturb me - and make me not want to warn people - it is as if they blame it on me for saying anything.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited July 2013
    Howdy everyone! Took a quick trip (6 hours total!) home and back from my parents to see them and pick up Abby, who I left there the last time I visited. So now we're back home. Didn't get much time to play the game, though! And now it's back to work tomorrow.

Thank you Tammyjo for hosting a nice contest - you didn't need to gift me anything additional! It sounds like you've got all the lots you needed so that's great! Can't wait to see the next update in your world since I know you've been working on other parts of it. :-)

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    edited July 2013
    You are very welcome Tangie. It was a lot of fun and It helped fill up home lots on IA! I was getting builder's block on building houses!! Large worlds are very hard to fill up ... definately gonna stick with medium worlds after this one :wink:
    edited July 2013
    Looks like everybody has had a busy weekend. We did too. thank you for the warning Reggie. I had seen her thread and was thinking about it.
    edited July 2013
    Rflong I hope you get your CAW woes straightened out. I was never able to get EIG to work at all, but I was just placing lots and wasn't planning on sharing anything so it didn't matter much. But it's quite the bummer because it doesn't look like I can share anything even if I wanted to. And if we can't use any of our Store items we paid so much for when using CAW, that's rather irritating. :?

Have any of you watched the ITF trailer? There are several Plumbots shown and I swear that one of them reminded me of this:

400rosie_zps0ea04cf5.jpg

If we're able to add one of those as a maid to our families I just might be talked into buying this EP. :mrgreen:

edited July 2013
    awww Rosie from the Jetsons!! I would so love to have her in my future worlds!!

and yes I did watch the trailer ... and tomorrow they are supposed to re-broadcast or have a new broadcast to make up for the last one on ITF. Hoping to see more of the new plumbots they were talking about!
    edited July 2013
    Yes I did see their Rosie Bot and even commented on it and said I would get the ep just to have Rosie in my game as I could not have the Jetsons without Rosie. I said that because my first thought when I saw the first pics of that world was a female dressed exactly like The mom of the Jetsons, then I saw someone dressed like the dad Jetson and the daughter - the next was a quick pic of a Rosie type and just had to say that. It instantly made me think the designers obviously watched the Jetsons - a lot -

I would say the one in sims is not exact - probably a newer updated Rosie - but yeah - she could pass for Rosie. I believe she is one of the ones called a Hoover bot. But seeing those sims and that bot it was enough because I get more happy memories of hearing my kids giggling and carrying on over the Jetsons - so that was all it took to sell me on this ep. All the rest is incidential. hehehe

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2013
    Tangie - it is not exactly the store content creating the problem but the inability of EIG, the launcher, and the exchange being capable of handling the folder now that EA makes the game double the content amount everytime the game starts up so if it drops the first instance of the content it gets it with a second pass through - but it is suggested to first try deleting all the temp files right before you start up the game and when the game has to rewrite it because it is commanded to it is already loaded everything by the time it is all rewrote and sometimes that gives enough kick to make everything work - but then you come to trying to upload or export and of course there stands that uploading all that content yet again and if you have those folders plum full of the store and any CC at all especially skins and hair or interactive items - why mods can be a problems as all those things adds script, never mind the size of hairs, skins and some objects - well it just makes it difficult for the mechanics to handle it the way memory is handled - so there are things you can do to improve the odds - like allotting more virtual memory if you have 8 gigs or more of ram you can go from the default 4 000 plus to 12,000 plus - then you can do the delete trip for the initial start up - you can not do that to import though - I am not sure why I was just told that - so what you then do is before you export to remove the mods folder, the dcbackup, and the dccache and then upload or export. Once it is safely uploaded or exported quit - don't touch the export or anything. Go to you desktop and back into your files and replace your removed dccache and dcbackup folders - leave the mod folder out. Now reboot your pc - this should reload that stuff to your game and any you used in the build should be there. The problem with it going missing is if you open that file with those folders not in your game - as long as they were there when you created the build and as long as they were not opened while the folders were removed the memory of that content is still in the lot and when you then open the game and try the lot that content should still be in the house or community lot. I have a few times saw some stuff missing - in particular the stupid fish plaques like to replace wall décor you might have used and a few yard hor house statues might have been replaced with the globe - it seems the stuff that is just seen and not used by sims is the stuff most like not to survive that kind of upload - but so far all my furniture and stuff have no problems and I own as much as you can possibly own. Also after you reboot and before you go back to your game - that is when you add the mod folder back in. The only problem one might have with the mod folder interfering is if you use the mods like awesomemod or error trap - anything that requires more effort when you remove it.

Hopefully that is not confusing and you can still satisfactory upload your lots.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2013
    Well I am thoroughly confused. :shock: Does that mean a player can upload sims they have created but not houses they have designed? Is this all the time or intermitant?
    The next patch should be interesting. :?
    edited July 2013
    I'm typing this on my cell phone so this has to be quick! So far I have not had hardly any difficulty uploading lots to the Exchange. I was referring to not being able to use EIG while in CAW. Sorry for any confusion!

edited July 2013
    Tangie, thank you so much. I was really lost. Not a difficult thing for me to be, but I really welcome being clued in. I didn't know you used CAW? I am always so impressed by all of you who know how to use it.
    edited July 2013
    Magic_Dancer shared her Sunset Valley 2 CAW files. All I did was open it and add my own lots. I wasn't able to place any lots in CAW because EIG wouldn't work. I'm not sure that just placing lots qualifies as 'using CAW'. But I was rather impressed with myself for at least doing that much. :lol:

edited July 2013
    Hi :D

Thanks so much for the encouragement. :mrgreen:

I was able to edit a dive lot and add a few updated lots... and it saved in EIG. Weee! :D

Now, I'm gonna have to play a resort because I'm not sure what they need to be fun (I kept putting it off while trying to get CAW to work). :)
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited July 2013
    Popping in just to show off my new siggy :P
    you can jump and cheer all you want now :D
    Details on my page in a few :D
    edited July 2013
    Woot! Awesome :mrgreen:

tumblr_mpjjz6Tapv1qe25e9o1_500.gif:lol:
    edited July 2013
    Gem Am doing happy dance. :D Sending lots of hugs and congrats your way. Yahoo for you and your DH. :D :thumbup:
    Rflong your hula dance line of hunky guys made me laugh and do a few double takes. LOL
    Tangie I am in awe of what you were able to do. Great job.
    Reggie I am going to back off of the beta of the childrens IP for a bit and play my 2 vampires, Twila and Vargan Zerpt for a while. I set up a game in DocSprock's Riverdale.
    Don't know if it would be safe to put a copy of my Prescott family in my library/bin or not. would like to as I have skilled them up some what. She has responded for a while so maybe she is thinking about redoing her school and stadium.
  • JennyMoonlightJennyMoonlight Posts: 421 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Sorry I meant to get back sooner...I missed the start of the new thread, bummer! I had a couple of mild seizures and have been back and forth to doctors and wearing a stupid monitor that wouldnt let me touch my ipad or phone, or cook since I had these electrodes glued onto my head with highly flammable glue. It was crazy!

I'm terribly sorry to hear of the young sim friend who passed away. When I was in college I had badly infected tonsils, too. I had to have surgery and was told it was very dangerous to have the surgery, but just for the risk of cutting too far. It sounds like the poor young lady had severe infections weakening her. I'm so sad to hear this.

Onto happier tidings...

Belated happy anniversary and congrats to TammyJo on the feature.

Congratulations and best wishes to Gem! I totally spazzed all over your announcement on My Page (which I was finally able to get to :roll: )

And WR I am so happy for you and Pete! That is wonderful news about his job! I can't wait to tell V and my hubby the good news when I see them. Hubby went to pick V up from camp. She has been going to a day camp with her best friend, she had her first ever overnight stay at her best friend's house last night! My little baby is growing up! She did great, no anxiety, no homesickness. It helps that this summer they took such good care of her that she has started feeling like a part of their family. And her friend's mom was constantly texting me and sending photos of their activities.

As for Sims4, well I always badly regretted abandoning Sims2 before I got to really enjoy the fruits of my labors in creating CC for that game. I'd finally gotten a stable full of lovely custom creations and just when I should have enjoyed retirement from creating and enjoyed playing...I loaded up Sims3, my daughter got involved...and I lost track of what I'd been doing with Sims2 and some finished projects that should have been shared but needed final polishing.

Now...well I would just like to really savor Sims3 after spending so much money on it. But it is so darned glitchy. A lot of how fast I go to Sims4 would depend on how WELL the game runs. If it is another glitchy broken product, I don't care how pretty or cool it is, I will retire with what I have!

The kraken is so cool! Oh my goodness there are a lot of things to look forward to discovering when I get back into the game. I love house boats so much. I can't wait to play them. Unfortunately I forgot to ask for Sims games for my birthday. I'm not even celebrating it. Hubby went to work, daughter went to camp and I did chores and am desperately trying to set the house to rights since I have been stuck in bed so much this summer. I think I'll get the games when summer vacation is over.
    edited July 2013
    Congratulations, Gem!!!!! What happy, happy news. Yeah, we're all dancing now, let's have a party. So happy for you and Mike! Will go read your My Page news as soon as I post here. :D

Rflong, LOL at the TS2 dancers! Love them, especially the guy on the left dancing counterpoint. :mrgreen: Glad you were able to get EIG working, too!

And Happy Birthday, JennyMoonlight! Since you aren't celebrating today, there's still time to celebrate later. Go ahead and ask for what you want! And I do hope you get to play and get back to normal soon. I suppose it will take awhile to get results from all the testing?

Rukaya if it helps any, I put sims with skills in my bin all the time and they've been fine. :-)

edited July 2013
    Congrats Gem!! I also am doing a happy dance for you!!

Love the S2 castaway dancers RFlong :wink: