Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Business As Usual Bistro Store Venue Review

Hey guys,

Just finished my review so I hope you guys enjoy!

Review.jpg

AznSensei

Comments

• miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited July 2013
    Wow that was fast, off to give it a read now!
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited July 2013
    Great review! I can tell you really are thrilled with the new premium object, it is rare to see AZN give a 10/10 on store items!

I already purchased the venue but won't be able to play with it tonight. I cannot wait to see what neat restaurants simmers are going to come up with!
  • JennygirlJennygirl Posts: 600 Member
    edited July 2013
    Great review, that was fast!
    I can't wait until I get home from work to make this my own! Boooo for day jobs! Lol

Thanks for doing this!
  • JennygirlJennygirl Posts: 600 Member
    edited July 2013
    Great review! I can tell you really are thrilled with the new premium object, it is rare to see AZN give a 10/10 on store items!

I already purchased the venue but won't be able to play with it tonight. I cannot wait to see what neat restaurants simmers are going to come up with!

I know right? I'm hoping to make a dinner cruise, that'd be swell. Lol
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for this! I bought it but haven't gotten around to playing with it yet. I'm loving the bright colored objects/clothing, would work great for a restaurant in LL!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited July 2013
    That price break down! *shudders*

I'll still be getting it though...
    er0s4g.jpg
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2013
    Very nice review, but when you did the price break down you didn't include the venue itself....just the items. So you assume the building is a freebie?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited July 2013
    Great review, thanks. This Venue goes up in my favourite Store releases along with Lucky Palms and the Lullabies Set. :D
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited July 2013
    Very nice review, but when you did the price break down you didn't include the venue itself....just the items. So you assume the building is a freebie?

I always consider the community lot as a freebie because the past venues, including the world have item values greater than the cost of them themselves, except for this one.

Also taking into the fact we can actually go in-game and make the building ourselves, while it takes coding and experience to create other content, aka CC.

And on a final note,

We have never been charged for creation of a lot before. :wink:
  • acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for a great review :)
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited July 2013
    Can the oven be used in house?
  • palkiagmhpalkiagmh Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    Loved your review! I REALLY want this so I can have a restaurant at my resort instead of always having buffet tables (if I can).
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited July 2013
    Fantastic Review as always. Hopefully this will encourage some people who were on the fence to get this. Myself as soon as I saw the sale sticker at 1700 SP, in my cart it went :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, AznSensei. Due to your suggestion that the new bistro looks Asian-influenced, I got the idea to redecorate the new bistro with the Asian Store sets and Tep grill and I am thinking about placing it in China (WA).

I'm glad it is a 30x30 lot!

Can't wait to get the new set this evening! This is going to be fun to make themed restaurants everywhere!

Happy Simming! :)
  • CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited July 2013
    Great review as always, and thanks for the collection file!
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited July 2013
    Wait, did I miss something or is it set up so only men can be chefs? Or at least only men can look like chefs? No elder chefs either? :?:

I love the idea of this PC and the look of all the content, and I like that there is more content for males then females! YA/A females have more stuff then they can ever use already. But this is one instance I would have liked to have seen female versions of the male chef attire and hats, as it is job/business-related and inequality in the employment sector is real issue. It will not prevent me from enjoying the PC and build/buy content though, just more of a 'I wish they had done this' type thing.

Who knows, maybe hats for females were supposed to be included but didn't get finished in time? That could explain why the price breakdown is off on this set.

Anyway, I enjoyed the review AznSensei, thanks for getting it posted up so quickly! I am glad the Store Team is working to provide business-related content for all the simmers who miss that aspect of the game so much. And I look forward to seeing what everyone does with this set!
    edited July 2013
    vcosley wrote:
    Can the oven be used in house?

Yes, you can hire a chef at home, and use everything.

Just remember that making a Quick Meal goes away after you hire a chef.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited July 2013
    Man, wish I wasn't so broke right now, you made that venue seem even more appealing than I already thought it was. It looks great, glad the Store team was finally able to budget the addition of NPCs to premium items.. it opens a lot of lot of possibilities for future content.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    edited July 2013
    Wait, did I miss something or is it set up so only men can be chefs? Or at least only men can look like chefs? No elder chefs either? :?:

I love the idea of this PC and the look of all the content, and I like that there is more content for males then females! YA/A females have more stuff then they can ever use already. But this is one instance I would have liked to have seen female versions of the male chef attire and hats, as it is job/business-related and inequality in the employment sector is real issue. It will not prevent me from enjoying the PC and build/buy content though, just more of a 'I wish they had done this' type thing.

Who knows, maybe hats for females were supposed to be included but didn't get finished in time? That could explain why the price breakdown is off on this set.

Anyway, I enjoyed the review AznSensei, thanks for getting it posted up so quickly! I am glad the Store Team is working to provide business-related content for all the simmers who miss that aspect of the game so much. And I look forward to seeing what everyone does with this set!

Thank you for the compliments! (And that goes to everyone too)

To answer your question, it's just the luck of the draw on who gets to be the chef. I have had a female run the oven, but it depends on what townies are available, the ratio probably, and maybe 50/50 on Male/Female choosing, who knows.

I did wish we did get a female chef hat, as we have 3 male hairstyles.
  • RisuzuRisuzu Posts: 16 New Member
    edited July 2013
    How does my sim purchase the lot once it's in the world? When I click the lot, the only option is to visit it, and it doesn't appear when I look for lots to buy using the phone.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited July 2013
    When you set up the oven, you can pick between 3 or 4 chefs and females are on the list. At least in my game and I don't know if that is a mod or not.

livemode.png

This cook is female.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • blbwolf17blbwolf17 Posts: 13
    edited July 2013
    I have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

1. It is not a new lot type correct? So what type of lots can it be used on?

2. How does the income work if you own it? Is it a daily thing like resorts and can you check finances? Or is it weekly like owning a different venue?

Thanks for your help in adavance!
  • pbzmommapbzmomma Posts: 21 Member
    edited July 2013
    blbwolf17 wrote:

2. How does the income work if you own it? Is it a daily thing like resorts and can you check finances? Or is it weekly like owning a different venue?

Great Questions I am wondering the same thing, Also I can not find how to purchase the lot. So if it can not be purchased by a sim how can that same sim Run it and collect profits?

I have not had a lot of time to mess with it as of yet except for the not being able to purchase said lot.

Blessings
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited July 2013
    Well done, AznSensei. As always, you've been very thorough and professional.
    edited July 2013
    blbwolf17 wrote:

Thanks for your help in adavance!

1. There is no new lot top. It was recommended you leave it as Visitors Allowed

2. You are paying the salaries for the chef, and no you cannot check finances. Profits function the same like the ones that were introduced when Ambitions came out.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top