Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Full of Stars - a Celestial-Themed Legacy - Chapter Four Up! ^-^

FOSBanner_zps2168dda3.png

If the banner's gigantic, that's the pic being awkward, so whatever. :lol: Plus, you get to see those pwetty stars... So shh. :p
That aside, I was pretty sceptical in making this; I rarely stick to things like legacies... And what if everyone poofs from the forum once TS4 is out? :shock: But despite how this is most likely on the road to failure, I thought I may as well; a story may help me stick to it. The rules will probably be, uh, bent at some point, but hey, it's a story. Enough rambling: the point is, I'm going to force myself to stick to this (... good luck, Egg o.o) and you're along for the ride. Kapish? ... Or Capisci or whatever... :XD:

So, why the surname? It was astronomy-related and reminded me of one of the Dungeon Bosses in Dragon Quest IX (muffins for anyone who understands that! :mrgreen: ), so, uh... Yeah. :XD: If someone's used it and feels compelled to sue me... We can share? :D

This shall be a celestial-themed legacy - I wanted to do something somewhat unusual, and, after toying with the idea of a rainbowcy, I came up with this. :3 Please, don't expect the chapters to be fabulous and regular and all that, because I'm somewhat lazy, and life... Happens... XD

Ramble-y OP over, and hopefully things'll be explained better in the next few posts. :lol:

Comments

• eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Crap, it's huge. -_- Anywho...

Chapter Guide

CE_zps51f5a4e1.png *Totally didn't screw up the border* >.>
    Generation One: Celestia Equinox
    Prologue
    Chapter One
    Chapter Two
    Chapter Three
    Chapter Four

Side Stories

Celestia's Planet
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2013
    Downloads~

CC Credits~

Celestia's Skintone (Pics of nude simmies, in case you're concerned xD)

Lighting mod (SO PWETTY o.o)

If you wanna know where I got any CC, feel free to ask and I'll put it in this section. :]
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2013
    Reserved for some shizz. ;]
    edited July 2013
    Also reserved, just in case. c:
    edited July 2013
    Possibly a third reserve, but you can post. Ain't much yet, as I'm still kinda getting things sorted... :XD:
    edited July 2013
    So, uh, I go and press the big red button with an x on while I'm writing my prologue. -_-

Prologue (Attempt Two -.-" )

Screenshot-27_zpsc9bd965f.jpg

What this? My planet. A neat square of grassy land serves as its sole continent; that building is my ship, set to take off for Sunset Valley. And I'm charged with being the first of our kind to visit it...

No pressure, Regulus interjects; I can sense the smile in his words as they resonate through my mind - this new technology will take a while to get used to.

And being new, it's also experimental. Regulus has taken up the challenge of communicating with me over such a distance (it's what the technology enables), effectively rendering him mute, his mind his only way to speak. Aurora says he's thrown his life away, but she was always dramatic. I guess we're a trio - Regulus, Aurora and me. Or, we were.

Screenshot-28_zpsbe14e06a.jpg

A smile passes over my lips, my gaze turned upwards. Regulus and Aurora, they were inseparable through early childhood. I'd only approached them when we were a little older and I was lonely - Regulus obliged, with Aurora taking a little time. In all honesty, I can place no blame on her.

Stop pulling that face.

Screenshot-29_zps1614708d.jpg

Nothing wrong with posing! :D

... There's everything wrong with posing, Celestia.

Screenshot-30_zpsa6ebb00c.jpg

... There's a mirror!

Celestia, stop transmitting your thoughts to me. It's distracting.

B-

You're about to take off. Even his thoughts are in that dry tone, as always... I'm going to miss-

My thoughts break off as something jolts beneath me; a seat slides under my backside, pure white as the rest of the room, and I adjust myself to it, fumbling for a seatbelt and breathing a sigh of relief when I locate one.

A countdown sounds out of nowhere and my heart begins to slam painfully... Sunset Valley... I'm ready for you...
  • BirdOfTheSeaBirdOfTheSea Posts: 95 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Celestia is Super amazingly gorgeous!
    edited July 2013
    :O Thank you!! :XD:
  • simming4eversimming4ever Posts: 8,497 Member
    edited July 2013
    Love it so far! Will be following :)
  • Liv203Liv203 Posts: 283 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Bookmarked! :] love it already.
    edited July 2013
    Thank you both of you~! :D
    Working on Chapter One today. :3
    edited July 2013
    Chapter One

Screenshot-54_zpsf6debe27.jpg

I awake with me cheek pressed into the ground; with a groan, I put out a hand and force myself unsteadily to my feet. At first, I think perhaps that I never took off, that I'm on the same planet, with the same grass and sky, but even my pounding head and fuzzy vision registers that these surroundings are vastly more populated; a road runs before me.

Celestia? Regulus's voice, concerned, followed by profuse swearing. I'm sorry... Your ship... We tried to land you in this field, but you were thrown... Are you okay?

Fine... Slowly I turn 360 degrees and take in my surroundings.

Screenshot-56_zps568e317d.jpg
    Screenshot-55_zpsa38e642e.jpg
    Screenshot-57_zpsef1a78cb.jpg

Definitely not my planet: I'm squashed in by two mansions, with a beach tantalisingly close behind.

Regulus? My thought trembles slightly. What- What do I do?

Hate to say this, but you're going to need to check out the place regardless. Try... The Science Lab?

"Okay..." I murmur aloud, transmitting the thought at the same time.
    With a deep breath I step to the edge of the pavement, glancing around - a yellow car pulls up and I frantically recall my Sim Education: it's a taxi; you pay and it takes you to places...

"Where'd you like to go?"

I start, surprised. "Uhm... The science lab?"

He nods, motioning to his taxi and I awkwardly slide into a seat, my skin prickling beneath his gaze.

Screenshot-58_zps5b5c6f1f.jpg

A few minutes' drive and a handful of simoleons later, I'm stood outside what is quite obviously my destination; pushing a wisp of hair back from my forehead, I start forward and nervously push open the door.

A woman appears, with neat short ginger hair and a couple of pens tucked into the breast pocket of her white lab coat. "Can I help?"

"I'd like to... To tour the place, if it's permitted." I've found my voice.

She nods and leads me off; we stop at various small experiments, yet nothing worth looking into. And, all the while, she scrutinises me with a scientific kind of interest that brings up a certain discomfort in me.

"So." At the conclusion of our tour, she offers up a small smile. "This isn't an offer I make just anyone, but I'd like to offer you a job here. Of course, you'd be starting out with something small - merely a test subject, but you could be onto something great."

Dread stirs within me at the prospect of becoming a test subject for this woman, despite how lucrative she makes it sound.
    Out of the blue, Regulus, urging me to accept, enters my head.

"... I'll do it."

"Fantastic," she smiles, properly this time, "I'm Susan Wainwright and I'll be your boss whilst you work here. For now, the staff gardens and fishing pond at the back are open to you."

Screenshot-60_zps3304e70c.jpg

Curious, I check them out, combing the bushes for something interesting, something edible - and end up harvesting grapes and lettuce for myself.

Check out Central Park, Comes Regulus's voice.

Screenshot-63_zps35976978.jpg

I do so and find myself greeted by a middle-aged man in a suit.

"I'm Nick Alto - I presume you're the new neighbour? You're not from around these parts, anyway,"

I wince at his last comment. "Neighbour?"

"I own one of the mansions up there... And, well, the thing is, if you're not buying that, ah, field, we have a problem - you'd be forced to pay a fine of... Maybe 50, 000 simoleons? Off the top of my head." My heart races; I don't have that much! "If you were to buy the place, however..." He shrugged, "I'd go for it, but you may be under greater scrutiny from the general public... There are legends surrounding that place, that whoever buys it must raise ten generations and leave their legacy imprinted on Sunset Valley."

I swallow. Regulus?

I'd say... Do it. You don't have 50, 000 simoleons, however ridiculous that is.

"I'll buy it..." I murmur, a sinking feeling in my heart.

Screenshot-64_zps71a9ac7c.jpg

I attempt some other activities: picking wildflowers, fishing, harvesting apples... Yet even the pay from the wildflowers and fish doesn't alleviate my misery. Dejected, I return to my newly-bought 'home' with a job and a house I don't want. Well, not even a house...

Screenshot-68_zps06142bd3.jpg

To brighten up the place slightly and gain some pay, I plant my newly-found seeds, the activity eating away the remaining time until sunset, when my shadow has lengthened and colour filled the sky.

Screenshot-69_zpsb2ec93b1.jpg
    Screenshot-70_zps68caec20.jpg

I wander down to the private beach (at least one asset) and wade into the sea, gazing out into the sunset.

FoS2_zpsa9fdc488.png

The water's warm against my calves; I feel a sudden desire to plunge myself into the sea and simply swim.

Screenshot-75_zps168c9d06.jpg

It's dark when I return with my swimming costume, the clouds ominous and the moon reflected on the water.

Screenshot-76_zpse20f9dcf.jpg

And then in that darkness I begin to swim, my body distorted beneath the waves, providing an odd, humorous sense of equality.

Screenshot-79_zps6da7038c.jpg

It's raining in thick sheets when I jog back, droplets rolling off my bare arms and legs, my face and I'm panting, grinning with the pure exhilaration.

I stumble on, to my depressingly small home lot - and then, as I change, shivering, a glow catches my eye. Without thinking, I sprint across the road, halting to stare into the eyes of...

FoSUnicorn_zps5185ee39.png

A unicorn, black in the night, before me, its horn glowing.

I allow it to sniff my hand and then, tentatively, produce a treat, holding it out in a shaking palm.

Screenshot-83_zpsb48ff894.jpg

And it accepts. The world, somehow, seems less lonely.

Screenshot-84_zps7e37ef05.jpg

edited July 2013
    Slight bump... :XD:
    I've been playing this save last night, so I just need to sort out the pictures and write the next chapter... Or chapters, depending. :lol:
  • sammie512sammie512 Posts: 10,211 Member
    edited July 2013
    Weehee! This is great! :wink:
    edited July 2013
    Yay! Hai Sammie! :D
  • ronile1ronile1 Posts: 8,166 New Member
    edited July 2013
    No no no no... It can't be good. Eggy wrote it - therefore it must be absolutely terrible, right?
    edited July 2013
    Chapter Two

Screenshot-85_zps102c269f.jpg

Celestia, if you continue to sleep out in the cold and the rain, I am personally going to intervene.

"... Mmph..." I shiver, rolling over.

*sigh* That's it.

Screenshot-86_zps990d8476.jpg

The beauty of technology... Am I creepy for watching her sleep?

Screenshot-89_zps4cc3f9dc.jpg

The night rolls past; morning arrives. I'm woken by a sharp hunger and, blinking, I emerge from my sleeping bag. First thing I notice is how I'm not in the dark anymore, in the rain: I'm in a tiny house, more of a hut, with green walls and a light left on.

Regulus...?

The response is almost immediate. Sorry. You looked so cold and the automatic Build/Buy is really useful... Although, the connection isn't the best at the moment. I could be gone for some time... Gone from your head, anyway. There's a pause and I can tell he wants to say more. Anyway, in case... Well, find a life here. Stay out of trouble. I trust you will.

And that's it.

1_zps8d633a2f.png

After standing, numb, for a few moments, the hunger returns and I decide it can't hurt to take advantage of the automatic Build/Buy...

Screenshot-91_zps83f98e22.jpg

One simple chair and a mini fridge later, and I take a small bowl of soup, wolfing it down.

Screenshot-93_zps6609b59a.jpg

Outside, it's still early - too dark to be considered an appropriate time to wake up... And yet, as I'm about to return to my home, something catches my eye.
    The unicorn from the previous night.

Dashing across the puddle-dotted road, I reach it panting and produce a treat, holding it out. Now there's no hesitation: it's gobbled up in instants, a trusting kind of move, and some of the sadness at losing Regulus is lifted, momentarily, beneath the aura.

Screenshot-94_zps0de2c3a6.jpg

Dawn approaches swiftly, too swiftly, stealing away the dark and the shadows and exposing the two of us to the world. And then, my unicorn fades, leaving behind only a dissipating aura.

I've just lost my two friends in a scary new world.

Screenshot-95_zps214d44d4.jpg

I travel to work, bare feet splashing about in the rain, in an outfit not to be proud of.

Screenshot-96_zps50224f95.jpg

The Science Facility endures the dismal weather; whilst inside, I try to think of the good things: the rain aids plants in flourishing, that I'll be spared from watering my own humble garden.

One thing's certain: I need a friend.

~

Somewhat short chapter, but I have more pics and I thought it'd be easier to end it there. :3
    edited July 2013
    ronile1 wrote:
    No no no no... It can't be good. Eggy wrote it - therefore it must be absolutely terrible, right?
    ... :oops:

Hello, Ron. :lol:
  • ronile1ronile1 Posts: 8,166 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Well, yeah. :lol: Anyway, I'll keep reading, if you'll keep reminding me about it. :XD:
  • madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited July 2013
    This is amazing! I already commented some feedback when replying to you on my rainbowcy thread, but I just thought I'd comment here too. Bookmarked.

@ronile: I've missed you so! I remember the days of Hunger Games RPGs like it was just yesterday...nice to see that you're alive, my dear.
    edited July 2013
    Thank you~! :D
    Writing Chapter Three now. :3
  • madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hooray!
  • navysealgirlnavysealgirl Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2013
    Your founder is so pretty! :)
    edited July 2013
    Chapter Three

Screenshot-97_zps1f944bf8.jpg

The days passed, as a test subject - I was brought inches from a promotion and then any good performance I'd put in was suddenly forgotten... It was horribly unpredictable, and something told me they were reluctant to let someone as unusual as me pass. They wanted to keep me as a test subject.

And, so, life passed in all its monotony: bills in the rain...

Screenshot-98_zpsf9d35172.jpg

... Gardening barefoot...

Screenshot-100_zpscc331979.jpg
    Screenshot-103_zps94670aee.jpg

... And even picking up new skills. I only wished Regulus was there, to guide me. Voices swam into my mind: Regulus, urging me to find a life here, to stay out of trouble; Nick Alto informing me of the legend that whoever lived on my home lot was destined to raise a multigenerational family.

Screenshot-112_zpsd2bc7f7a.jpg

Somewhere in the midst of all that I met Christopher: a young man with a passion for fishing, and the only person who didn't stare at me, keeping their distance - something he blamed on his daredevil nature and pure curiosity. Yet, for someone curious, he didn't ask many questions; I simply would visit his house and we'd have often animated conversations.

Screenshot-110_zpseac19f59.jpg

Chris opens his door and steps aside to let me through; I'm instantly greeted by the yapping of his dog, and something else, too. A tiny puppy scampers about, and I suck in a surprised breath.

Screenshot-111_zpsce87f3ca.jpg

"Awh, he's adorable!" I coo.

Screenshot-113_zpsfaa8c757.jpg

"I see you've met Max..." Christopher smiles and I turn, prompted to grin right back. "He's a little young to be adopted, but perhaps for you..."

I raise an eyebrow. "Like you don't have other friends."

"I'm not that popular, Celestia."

Screenshot-114_zpsebec870d.jpg

"When I see the stars in the night sky... I think of you," Christopher says, softly and suddenly - I find my eyes meeting his.

"I... That isn't... Relevant." Something brings me up short; I end up spinning for him the parts of my tale I've never told another member of Simkind.

Screenshot-115_zps899f1a27.jpg

And then he pulls me in towards him: everything about him is somehow comforting; the hug feels like something missing since I lost Regulus, something that's fallen into place.

Screenshot-116_zps937bd551.jpg

I can't help myself.
    I take hold of his arm with a star-filled hand and lean in, longing suddenly to taste Sim lips, an odd yearning from the bottom of my heart.
    And he leans back into the kiss; he actually melts to my lips and he's an amazing kisser.

"No..." I breathe, suddenly, pulling back. "I- I'm sorry... You... I'll adopt Max... Do you want money?"

Screenshot-117_zpsfbaa9e29.jpg

And so I walk home with a ball of fluff in my arm and the lingering taste of Christopher on my lips.
    edited July 2013
    Your founder is so pretty! :)
    Thank you! :3