Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Black screen with cursor?

I haven't been able to play the game for about 2 weeks because everytime I startup the game, it just goes black with the cursor. I then have to force shutdown the mac because there's no response and nothing happens. Can someone please help me? I just want to play the game.

Comments

• Options
    Ingridtk5Ingridtk5 Posts: 112 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have been getting this constantly, especially after I install cc. It's so annoying.
    Sometimes, deleting the cache helps, but not always: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

By the way, you don't have to shutdown your computer if you are stuck on the black screen. You can just force-quit by holding down command+option+esc.
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have this same problem. I have Windows 8. It started after I installed IP and at the time I only had Store items. I have to shut down also, if I Control Alt Del my screen goes crazy and can't close it down.
  • Options
    FarsklatFarsklat Posts: 3 New Member
    2020 and the problem still persists. I'm also on Mac. Wanted to go back to play sims 3 after I got bored of sims 4, it went good for a while and then this started to happen. I reinstalled a couple of times but no luck. My last try was to install only the base game (I have a couple of expansions) and see if it worked and the black screen kept happening. I literally followed every step I found, like erasing the sims 3 folder under documents, check if I've been patched with the latest version and nothing.