Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims should have religion in TS4 (Please read before commenting)

124...Next

Comments

• gumi-bear512gumi-bear512 Posts: 5
    edited July 2013
    Oh. My. God (LOL). I was LITERALLY TALKING ABOUT THIS YESTERDAY. I actually came on here to put edit into my topic. But then I saw yours, and my brain just went "PBBBBBT!!!"

But I agree on EA/Maxis to make their own religions, only so other players are not offended. But I say they definitely need to add a Flying Spaghetti Monster religion, in place of a made up one. Also some cults.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2013
    I would just like the tools to make our own if we choose to:

Objects like the podium, from which our religious leader can speak. It doesn't have to be given in a religious context, it could be political or educational, but it can be used that way if we choose. There could be options to give impassioned, sentimental or dramatic speeches for example.

Screenshot-25.jpg

So things like pews, large stained glass windows, meditation etc are all helpful.

Objects that give all in the room a certain moodlet (or similar) are useful. Like a lava lamp where different coloured lights give the sims a different mood, or a perfume orb. The floor hygienator from Ambitions is an example. Sims could feel uplifted, or intimidated, or comforted, etc. This gives our SELF MADE religious spaces an air of tranquillity (or otherwise).

And finally, a way to create and save a customised 'group' of sims, similar to the sims 2 groups but improved so you can choose appropriate traits, set a time and place that that group meet regularly, invite people to join, set an 'agenda'... that sort of thing. It's not a 'religious' feature. It could be used in a variety of non-religious ways: a book club; a group of single party sims; an art group; etc. But it could be used by people who do want to use it for religious gameplay.

I just think it can be done discreetly, so as not to upset people, but so people can make the things they wish to.

No drama required.
  • smilies246smilies246 Posts: 556 New Member
    edited July 2013
    At the end of the day! I am against this because in real life there is a God that should be worshipped, and giving worship to some dumb plumbob will just be another form of the worship going on today with 'career' 'recreation' 'celebrities' and all that! I also don't want to be worshipped by sims as it will create a selfish desire in one's self!
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited July 2013
    smilies246 wrote:
    At the end of the day! I am against this because in real life there is a God that should be worshipped, and giving worship to some dumb plumbob will just be another form of the worship going on today with 'career' 'recreation' 'celebrities' and all that! I also don't want to be worshipped by sims as it will create a selfish desire in one's self!

Please do not force your beliefs on other people. Not everyone feels the same way you do...which is another reason why this should stay out of the game. Too controversial.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    edited July 2013
    lol, there was no forcing of anything in that post Brooke, just her expressing her opinion like everyone else on this forum. The key word was "I" - "I am against it, I feel, I don't want".

But that's the thing about religion - someone expresses a belief that is a little controversial, and everyone's like, "woah, don't go forcing your stuff on me, bro..."

It always gets taken sooo personally. Which is why you're right, it is too controversial that it needs to stay out of this game.
    edited July 2013
    bethyGrace wrote:
    lol, there was no forcing of anything in that post Brooke, just her expressing her opinion like everyone else on this forum. The key word was "I" - "I am against it, I feel, I don't want".

But that's the thing about religion - someone expresses a belief that is a little controversial, and everyone's like, "woah, don't go forcing your stuff on me, bro..."

It always gets taken sooo personally. Which is why you're right, it is too controversial that it needs to stay out of this game.

I do not believe in God, and don't feel like I should be told that there is one that must be worshipped.

& Playing god in your game makes you selfish...thats a pretty strong opinion if you want to call it that.

Which again, is why it should not be in the game. Everyone has different opinions on the subject.

What I posted was my opinion, and what you posted was yours. Lets leave it at that. :wink:
    WLfAA9V.png
    edited July 2013
    *sigh* okay.

Can you imagine the disclaimer statement they'd need to put this stuff in-game? XD lol.
    edited July 2013
    bethyGrace wrote:
    *sigh* okay.

Can you imagine the disclaimer statement they'd need to put this stuff in-game? XD lol.

Make fun of my post all you'd like. Still not going to change my opinion on the matter. :D

But the disclaimer would be an essay. Again why it shouldn't be in game lol.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • DakotaWahlDakotaWahl Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2013
    Tvip11 wrote:
    I like it! Maybe it could be the Great PlumbBob, the Social Bunny and the Tragic Clown! That would be funny!

YES!! :D
    edited July 2013
    Make fun of my post all you'd like. Still not going to change my opinion on the matter. :D

:O I wasn't trying to make fun of your post at all!! I'm sorry if I gave that impression :/

I was only laughing at the idea of a religion disclaimer statement. Not at you, in any way. The *sigh* was actually a sad sigh.

Sorry!
    edited July 2013
    bethyGrace wrote:

:O I wasn't trying to make fun of your post at all!! I'm sorry if I gave that impression :/

I was only laughing at the idea of a religion disclaimer statement. Not at you, in any way. The *sigh* was actually a sad sigh.

Sorry!

It is okay. Maybe it was just me, I haven't been feeling well lately so everything seems down in my world! :lol:

Have a good night. :)
    WLfAA9V.png
    edited July 2013
    where I am, it is midday ;) lol. But thanks, I will have a good day instead XD

Hope you feel better soon :)
    edited July 2013
    bethyGrace wrote:
    where I am, it is midday ;) lol. But thanks, I will have a good day instead XD

Hope you feel better soon :)

Lol! Its 10:38 pm where I am. Thank you!!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited July 2013
    EA isn't going to care whether it's fanbase is religious or not. If it's controversial or not. We have religion in the game already and in different forms. We just had an entire expansion dedicated to the supernatural and magic.

What Ea is going to look at is what is most profitable for them. The question becomes does adding religion to the game benefit EA's pocket book. I suppose it's how you look at it. What kind of religious things are added.

A podium benefits because players can us it to build a church, or a stage for politics. Basically it's not confined to being religious. So Ea can profit from it.

Ea can also profit from things like voodoo dolls, spell books, cauldrons for potions, christmas items, easter items, halloween items, valentine items, etc. These things are all religious but since people interpret them in different ways to have different meanings EA adds them to the game because they benefit the companies pocket book.

You want a form of religion in the game you need to appeal to what EA will listen to and that is what is most profitable. Won't matter if players want it or not, EA's going to put it in because they know at the end of the day we'll buy it.

I don't a defined religion is going to sell for this game. EA sims aren't real life humans they don't have a bible, karan, temple, etc. They're existence is due to the player we create them, we place them, we build their world. We are their god. I do think if players were given the tools to create their own made up religions in sims that it would sell, because it's not confined to being like life and players can make it as wacky, fun and not serious as they want.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2013
    If it is a mod I would agree with it, but for EA/Maxis to do it I would say no and they probably would remain neutral on the issue. Agin if you can get this done by mods, Yes, company, no.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • AwesomeGinger952AwesomeGinger952 Posts: 165
    edited July 2013
    DragonWyng wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    I hate to make this point (again) but I just want to point out that there are those super-reglious people who might have a cow and say that its 'worshiping a false idol'.

I'm fairly certain that those "super-religious" people will demonize The Sims 4 regardless of whether or not it includes religion. After all, the Sims Series has been known to include premarital sex, homosexuality, adultery, witchcraft, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, alchemy, and all kinds of other things Christians have been known to hate. Some of these groups are even against Pokemon. So, I'm pretty sure EA lost that demographic a long time ago.

Now to be clear, I'm not saying that I'm for religion in TS4; I don't really care either way. If they did decide to include religion, I'd definitely like to see a return of the Peterans and Jacobians from TSM. I'd also like to see different religions celebrate special occasions such as holidays, weddings, and birhtdays in their own unique way.

Of course, there are other ways they could do all of the different traditions without including religion in game; perhaps sims could be of different cultures instead. In fact, it would be great if the neighborhood I'm playing in actually felt like it's part of a much bigger world, rich in diversity and ethnicity. But that's probably a subject for a different thread.

well the catholic church can't ban us from playing it... not even me and i'm catholic... they can just disapprove of it. They say that Pokemon is basically Japanese dogfighting. and they do frown upon a lot of the features in the sims... but they will frown upon sims having religion QUITE a bit.
  • The_Sims_68The_Sims_68 Posts: 121
    edited July 2013
    You're onto something, but I do agree that it might not be the best thing to do.
    I think if there are religions that they're still all accepting of one another and they don't kind of banish a certain group of people if they sin or don't believe in their religion. There should also be an atheist option, no questions asked. And it should always be allowed to change at any time.
    I think it could be fun for there to be churches and other things, so I think it's a good idea as long as it doesn't go too far.
  • Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited July 2013
    So i know for some this is crossing a line. I know. I really do. I like my Sims being abnormal partially cause i am and so are my ideas. I know that EA doesn't use religion. I'm not talking about having all sims be Christian or Jewish or Muslim or whatever. the developers can make up their own religions where sims worship made-up entities like the Great Plumbob or Billy (just random, normal name. i'm not saying they should worship somebody i know or me.) In TS4 there should be two or three religions you can choose your sims to be. I'm thinking they all worship the Great Plumbob (my name for the player that controls Sims) in three different ways or maybe just a different entity for each religion

Um no,can we have hate groups instead?
    edited July 2013
    DragonWyng wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    I hate to make this point (again) but I just want to point out that there are those super-reglious people who might have a cow and say that its 'worshiping a false idol'.

I'm fairly certain that those "super-religious" people will demonize The Sims 4 regardless of whether or not it includes religion. After all, the Sims Series has been known to include premarital sex, homosexuality, adultery, witchcraft, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, alchemy, and all kinds of other things Christians have been known to hate. Some of these groups are even against Pokemon. So, I'm pretty sure EA lost that demographic a long time ago.

Now to be clear, I'm not saying that I'm for religion in TS4; I don't really care either way. If they did decide to include religion, I'd definitely like to see a return of the Peterans and Jacobians from TSM. I'd also like to see different religions celebrate special occasions such as holidays, weddings, and birhtdays in their own unique way.

Of course, there are other ways they could do all of the different traditions without including religion in game; perhaps sims could be of different cultures instead. In fact, it would be great if the neighborhood I'm playing in actually felt like it's part of a much bigger world, rich in diversity and ethnicity. But that's probably a subject for a different thread.

well the catholic church can't ban us from playing it... not even me and i'm catholic... they can just disapprove of it. They say that Pokemon is basically Japanese dogfighting. and they do frown upon a lot of the features in the sims... but they will frown upon sims having religion QUITE a bit.

Nobody said anything about the Catholic church banning anything... :hunf:
    WLfAA9V.png
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2013
    No way. Do you know how many flame wars we'll have on the forums? It'll be a mess. There were already threads back in University forums, about how EA was sending bad messages by adding JUICE pong. Just imagine if religion was added. :shock: :shock: