Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims staring on you

Didn't you guys get creeped out when your sim just out of nowhere stared at you really creepily? It was horrifying for me, but i loved it. The game is so much more hilarious and creepy at the same time :D . I usually zoom in on my sims from time to time because i love to play sims with different camera angles to everything. and then when im close up on my sim she suddenly goes :shock: with a huge stare and creepy smile! This happened alot to me in the Sims 2, but less in Sims 3. Seriously i sometimes left the game because it creeped me out so much. It's so hilarious but creepy. I will add a picture later.

Edited to not sound like i hated it, sorry Ck213 :?

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2013
    Nope, I actually like it.
    TS3 are inconsistent in their animations between being like like and puppets. A little bit of awareness helps.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EivindbroenEivindbroen Posts: 223 New Member
    edited July 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    Nope, I actually like it.
    TS3 are inconsistent in their animations between being like like and puppets. A little bit of awareness helps.

Oh you are misunderstanding, my fault! I meant to say it in a way that i love it but it turned out wrong, i should go to sleep.
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2013
    i should go to sleep.

That's what I keep saying to myself. It's almost 2:30 here
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited July 2013
    Didn't you guys get creeped out when your sim just out of nowhere stared at you really creepily? It was horrifying for me, but i loved it. The game is so much more hilarious and creepy at the same time :D . I usually zoom in on my sims from time to time because i love to play sims with different camera angles to everything. and then when im close up on my sim she suddenly goes :shock: with a huge stare and creepy smile! This happened alot to me in the Sims 2, but less in Sims 3. Seriously i sometimes left the game because it creeped me out so much. It's so hilarious but creepy. I will add a picture later.

Edited to not sound like i hated it, sorry Ck213 :?
    I would like to see that
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sometimes, when I pause my game, I see my Sim's head move and see them stare at me. :shock:
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    jessyxdavidsonjessyxdavidson Posts: 896 Member
    edited July 2013
    I didn't edit this image in anyway. It's still in the original 1080p that I took it at.

etcqxx.jpg

Basically, Noah (the man) was looking at his daughter (who was in the floor in front of him). So he was looking beyond the coffee table. I had the game paused for about 2-3 mins. I wanted to change his age. Now, my game is really laggy. Especially when you try to click on a sim. So I clicked on him and took about 4-5 seconds to pop up. As soon as I clicked on him, is face shot up like that and was looking directly at me. I didn't unpause or anything, is head just moved on it's own. It was so startling that I jumped a bit. I told my bf and he wants me to turn it into a story lol.

Anyways, I love it when it happens, but omgosh. Sometimes it's just dag-on creepy.
  • Options
    AdventurousPairAdventurousPair Posts: 1,775 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree. I think that it really engages the player. It makes you feel like you're there! :D
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2013
    No, it was funny. I noticed by the time they ended TS1 a Sim on very rare occasion would turn their head toward the camera/player but it was very slight.

What does creep me out is a voice talking back to the player in other games..I wouldn't like that in TS.

I was trying casual game the other day and when I did something right in the game a voice that sounds like a deep robotic voice said 'good job'.. That was creepy..I didn't like that game for that reason.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    feebleone234feebleone234 Posts: 158
    edited July 2013
    know what you mean my pretty girl simie sometimes looks like a cross between chuckie (childs play, horror movie) & jack nicholsons joker from batman!!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2013
    It can be creepy when done a certain way.
    What would be cool is for sims with a creepy personality to look up at you with that emotionless stare. I would expect that from them. :lol: Other sims should not.

Other sims should give you a knowing look when they are really pleased, or not happy.
    But don't over do, EA tends to get heavy handed sometimes. It should happen once in a while and when the situation fits it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited July 2013
    i hate when my sims stare on me
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited July 2013
    freaks me out sometimes. Most often I zoom in on them when they are doing something like painting. They will startle and glance around themselves as if they are the ones creeped out lol