Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witch won't get pregnant

I've been playing this family for a week now (real time) and can't get my witch pregnant :cry:

The option for 'Try for a baby' is there and they have done (about a hundred times, not exaggerating!)

Her husband is a vampire.

They just won't get pregnant.

I have:

Given them both fertility treatment (from wishes rewards)
Tried the fertility elixir many times.
Tried 'Try for baby' during full moon.
Tried public 'Try for a baby'.
Tried moving house.
Tried moving town.
Tried turning my vampire back into a human.

YET STILL no baby :( They both have wishes to have a baby and occasionally my witch will have the thought bubble pop up above her head with a dummy in (pacifier)I then get my hopes up and wait a few days but no baby bump, no symptoms and no baby.

I don't use any mods and really didn't want to cheat to create a baby as I would really like it to be natural to see how my witch/vamp baby would turn out.

Any ideas? Is this a glitch?
Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3

Comments

• Options
    shanathechoochshanathechooch Posts: 161 Member
    edited July 2013
    :lol:
  • Options
    SkyMass11SkyMass11 Posts: 68
    edited July 2013
    How old is the female sim? Is she an Adult? If so, how many days does she have left before she becomes an Elder?
  • Options
    vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sorry forgot to add that - She's a young adult.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hmm, that is a little strange. Are they the only Sims in the household (as I'm guessing they are)?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yes, just the two of them.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    How many places have you tried Try For Baby in? I recall this problem but I can't remember from where (will look it up to see if there is a solution).

Edit: Do you have High End Loft Stuff? There is a bed with a Heart headboard that vibrates (transferred from the Sims 1), and chances of conception are really high. There is also the issue of no chimes being heard. (Scratch that, I'm tired...forgot you don't use any mods.)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    In public? Photo booth and tree house in the park. I tried the tour of theatre but don't get the the 'try for baby' or 'woohoo' options there (another glitch in my game I think).

Is there any where else?

I've not got High End installed, can't find the cd anywhere! Might have to have another look for it, if that bed might help.

Not using any mods at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    What town are you playing in and have switched between? Did you restart the next town by putting the family in from the Bin?

Edit: I forgot- do either of them have the Dislikes Children trait? Is her birthday close, patch level, and have you been using her as the Sim who starts the interaction? Also, if you aren't to opposed to this, try another household to see if you have the same issues. If so, it might be a bug.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Playing in Riverview now, after switching from Moonlight Falls.

I moved them by my sim using the computer to move town.

ETA- oops i mean sunset valley.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh, quick note, try every Woohoo/Try For Baby Location of each Expansion pack you currently own. There was a bug quite a while back that a few locations were touchy with the interaction.

Also, Try For Baby is in the Bed in the regular Sims 3 game, Generations has the Tree House, Ambitions has the Time Machine, World Adventures the Mummy Sarcophagus, I think the Shower with Late Night (might have been added through a patch to the Base Game- if you don't have the EP, it won't hurt to try and see if you have the interactions there) and the Elevator, and the Sauna from the Sims 3 Store (which I don't personally own, but the interaction is there).
    There is the Haystack in Pets, Seasons has the Igloo, Island Paradise has the All in One Bathroom (similar name, don't remember it quite). Base Game of course has the Music Theatre (when you tour it) as well as the Science Facility once you tour it as well. I need to scour my memory for more, as I know there is.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I'll try all the places I have got.

Thanks for taking the time to help and reply :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If the other family can have a baby successfully, try resetting your couple.

CTRL+SHIFT+C (all at once and it opens a blue bar at the top of your screen)
    resetSim (firstname) (lastname)
    Press 'Enter' and it will reset your Sim. !Make sure it is the exact same spelling and grammar of your Sim otherwise it will not reset them.!

Remove the ()'s, and see if this helps. Do this separately for each of them. I'm going to try and recreate your problem in my own game to be sure it isn't the Occult status having issues.

Edit: If your Female Sim is about 2 days away from aging up into an Adult regardless if you have EA's Town Progression on or not, she won't get pregnant. Same goes for Elder if she's close, but if she's already pregnant before the countdown of the days, it will be prolonged until the baby is born. Also, sometimes the game finds it funny to take forever for some couples to have biological babies. Still have that problem occasionally, but not like anything you're experiencing.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh, you're welcome :) I have the short end of the stick and end up with the glitches of every game I've ever owned, so it's nice to know about them and share it with others. Keep me updated on your progress though and we'll see how to fix it.