Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOLVED: Cannot open Edit in Game, not a version mismatch issue

Comments

• Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank Rflong7, I'm ecstatic... I've been wanting EIG for SO LONG!

Please pass on the word to anyone who is having issues with bypassing the launcher for whatever reason... maybe this could be added to the help index?

Thanks everyone for being so patient! All of the input helped...
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited June 2013
    That is AWESOME! Congrats! :D
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank Goodness!

After so long of not knowing what was causing this for people we finally know. :D

Bravo for being tenacious enough to find a solution!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    Yep that is the version made long before we had Origin. Origin just turned 2 June 6th and that version was before we had any kind of socials added. We used the EADM back with the Original. When ever I have reinstalled which is a lot lately due to pc updates (OS, Harddrive replacements etc) I always start out with the EADM which works the launcher along with adobe flash player and adobe air. But about midway through reinstalling the eps and sps I get the prompt to install Origin. As Origin just uses adobe flash player to keep the launcher running right, even though I keep adobe air up to date, it is really not needed for the game anymore but adobe flash player is or the launcher will give you a big headache to work properly or even buy things from the store. So the only other thing I would think that would need to make sure it is up to date beside Origin is adobe flash player.

But anyway that crappy Securom only in the digital versions of the game does that and majorly interfers with everything as far as the game working correctly. I refuse even gifts of games that has Securom 7 on it - I have had really bad experiences with it when it is used on disks, and the only way I even bought Sims 3 was when they announced the disk versions would not have Securom on it, just the digital versions would. It is the first thing I look for when any new game comes out and if it has it, I won't even try it, test it or even accept it for free. I got burned badly by that during Sims 2 - so never again.

But so glad you got it all straightened out. Kudos!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks, everyone... :-)

Writin_Reg I really appreciate your background knowledge on all of this, it gave me a very validating explanation!

And just as it is hard to problem solve for people when you don't have the problem, it is hard to problem solve when you have the problem and have no idea what a working setup actually looks like, so all the info little or big helped.

Almost finished installing... I'll pop back in to edit this last message to confirm that EIG works with all EPs installed.

Edit: And here is the conclusion: It works. Case closed! Aminovas out :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited July 2013
    Can anyone suggest something else for me to check or do ?
    ALL my games are digital download (which I guess means they have SecuRom on them ?) and I don't have the "go social" Sims 3 base game.
    Having the same problem with CAW & attempts to EIG, the Origin sign on opens up & when I sign in, the world doesn't open in the game.
    The game just starts as if I was going to play a reg. game.
    Really would like to finish my world...
    BTW read this thread, the modthesims thread & looked through the CAW FAQ's. (Actually still looking through that )
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hi Fatheful, just saw your thread and then this pop back up :)

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this same stupid issue! I think it is a different one from mine.. I had the "opening Edit in Game just opens up the launcher and does nothing" version! You've got the "Origin signs in pops up and then does nothing" version. I think somewhere in all those threads I found something about how to disable origin and it worked for some people... most of the people it did not work for had my EIG problem. Another place to look for it is in the Store content forum where people were trying to bypass origin for other reasons (I'll see if I can find that link for you).

The only other suggestion I have is to thoroughly clean your registry/do a malware check on your computer, because that can wreak havoc on these pathways where one application tells another to open. I don't have a good link for that, but if you search for it on google I'm sure you'll come up with lots of pointers... I'd read them thoroughly before trying things because you can mess up your registry pretty easily... There is also a thread on EA somewhere about uninstalling and how to clear the registry of Sims information. If you have uninstalled/reinstalled and not cleaned the registry that can really mess things up.

I'm going to go hunt down some links for you... brb
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited July 2013
    The only thing I can suggest is to try either EA, or Origins support and see if they could get you a digital download that is compatible with Caw. I have the Digital download, and never have had a problem. You shouldn't have to pay for another version, just to use caw. I'd link them to this thread so they can see you're not the only one with this issue.

May the Force be with you young Jedi Knight :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Good call, AuntieLynds... they really should just give you a code for the original digital download version.

OK, sorry if these threads get repetitive...
    This thread at MTS a simmer solved the problem by (quote) "Disconnecting from the internet and turning off the Security". I'm not exactly sure how to turn off security, but it seems this worked for her and she had (I believe) one of the later version of the base game: http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=506131
    She didn't have to buy a new license ;) And I got uppity defending our need to bypass origin :)

And also here is where I detail the "go social" version problem: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=503474
    And there are details there of how I cleaned my registry. This is the manual uninstall how-to from EA: https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

Also, for those having trouble with the launcher post patch 1.55, there was a discussion somewhere in this thread about how to bypass/disable origin: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/687927.page

Good luck, and I'll check back in :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    disregard
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    faytheful wrote:
    =*********** Fatheful, just saw your thread and then this pop back up :)

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this same stupid issue! I think it is a different one from mine.. I had the "opening Edit in Game just opens up the launcher and does nothing" version! You've got the "Origin signs in pops up and then does nothing" version. I think somewhere in all those threads I found something about how to disable origin and it worked for some people... most of the people it did not work for had my EIG problem. Another place to look for it is in the Store content forum where people were trying to bypass origin for other reasons (I'll see if I can find that link for you).

The only other suggestion I have is to thoroughly clean your registry/do a malware check on your computer, because that can wreak havoc on these pathways where one application tells another to open. I don't have a good link for that, but if you search for it on google I'm sure you'll come up with lots of pointers... I'd read them thoroughly before trying things because you can mess up your registry pretty easily... There is also a thread on EA somewhere about uninstalling and how to clear the registry of Sims information. If you have uninstalled/reinstalled and not cleaned the registry that can really mess things up.

I'm going to go hunt down some links for you... brb

Thanks for hunting the links for me.
    I know how to clean the registry, but I've never had to uninstall reinstall on this comp before (comp is new) & this is the first time CAW was installed on this comp. That said, not sure I would have registry issues but the information on how to bypass Origin would be helpful I think. Thanks a lot for your help ! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The only thing I can suggest is to try either EA, or Origins support and see if they could get you a digital download that is compatible with Caw. I have the Digital download, and never have had a problem. You shouldn't have to pay for another version, just to use caw. I'd link them to this thread so they can see you're not the only one with this issue.

May the Force be with you young Jedi Knight :mrgreen:

Good Idea (getting a download copy compatible with CAW)
    Hope they will work with me. I'll try.
    Noticed someone else having the same problem.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-Create-a-World-edit-in-game/td-p/1294092
    I've used CAW before (prior to Seasons) & never had a problem.
    Maybe they did something different with the latest update/patch & since Island Paradise.
    I notice something new is to play the games Origin pops up & we have to sign in then the Launcher opens. It never used to be that way. It used to be the Launcher would just pop up, now we have to sign into Origin first.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    aminovas wrote:
    Good call, AuntieLynds... they really should just give you a code for the original digital download version.

OK, sorry if these threads get repetitive...
    This thread at MTS a simmer solved the problem by (quote) "Disconnecting from the internet and turning off the Security". I'm not exactly sure how to turn off security, but it seems this worked for her and she had (I believe) one of the later version of the base game: http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=506131
    She didn't have to buy a new license ;) And I got uppity defending our need to bypass origin :)

And also here is where I detail the "go social" version problem: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=503474
    And there are details there of how I cleaned my registry. This is the manual uninstall how-to from EA: https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

Also, for those having trouble with the launcher post patch 1.55, there was a discussion somewhere in this thread about how to bypass/disable origin: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/687927.page

Good luck, and I'll check back in :)

Ty so much :) I'll definitely try going off line.
    haven't tried that yet.
    Read the thread you wrote on the "so social" base game.
    It doesn't apply to me, but I can def try by passing origin ideas if going offline doesn't work.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Did you look at the first thread, with the simmer who had the issue exactly like yours? Her solution was different than mine... she had to turn off security. There must also be some options within origin, too.

Did you try the .bat file strategy?

(and I replied to that poor simmer on the EA forum... I would put money on it that her issue is exactly the same as mine and she needs an original base game license... so aggravating!)

edit to add: I am recalling that origin used to open up automatically for me. Since I reinstalled everything, and reinstalled origin, it hasn't... I think I remember clicking some option when I installed origin that told it not to open...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    aminovas wrote:
    Did you look at the first thread, with the simmer who had the issue exactly like yours? Her solution was different than mine... she had to turn off security. There must also be some options within origin, too.

(and I replied to that poor simmer on the EA forum... I would put money on it that her issue is exactly the same as mine and she needs an original base game license... so aggravating!)

edit to add: I am recalling that origin used to open up automatically for me. Since I reinstalled everything, and reinstalled origin, it hasn't... I think I remember clicking some option when I installed origin that told it not to open...

I did go off line (only way I know to turn off security)
    It didn't work.
    I am reading through the thread with bypassing the launcher now but I already knew how to do that, but I am in the very beginning of the thread so trying to push through hoping something new that applies to my situation (& Origin) pops up.
    This problem isn't to do with the Launcher it is Origin & I really believe it may have something to do with a built in type of security.
    Even when I click on the Launcher by pass short cut on my desktop Origin sign in pops up. I believe they put something in it to determine who really owns the games or not. Only thing is its blocking CAW now.
    No I haven't tried the .bat file strategy & may have to resort to that if I don't find something in this thread that is helpful.
    I will have to find out how to do it of course :)
    If you don't mind, maybe you can explain to me how that's done ?
    I have thought about uninstalling Origin & CAW then re-installing CAW, then Origin in that order.
    Thinking it might make a difference especially if Origin has some type of SecuRom type thing built in it.

ETA : A few more things I've tried: I un-installed CAW & Origin.
    Then I re-installed CAW (left Origin off machine)
    Tried to EIG through CAW, didn't work.
    I then re-installed Origin onto my machine.
    Then I went to the Origin panel & unclicked enable Origin in game
    (Application Settings > Origin in Game)
    Origin didn't open but the Launcher did, & I had to interact with the Launcher for the game to load.
    When the game loaded, it was as if I was about to play a game (it didn't just open the world in CAW like it has done in the past)
    I'm beginning to think its a software issue, which is beyond my scope bc I'm not a programmer of either one of those programs.
    I did notice after I uninstalled Origin, my computer let me know there was no application to point to that would open the game to EIG.
    This tells me that CAW no longer points to the right file to open the game especially since they've changed the Launcher/Origin software either with the patch or by updating it via programming.
    I will look up the .bat file strategy. Ty for all your help.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The bat file is easy!!! I will edit this post as soon as I find the link... AuntieLynds kindly updated it for Island Paradise for us.

As per my experience, your reinstall of origin and change of prefernces with Origin solved part of your problem, that is great...

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but this could be a registry issue ;) My registry problems were causing the same pointing to the wrong application. I don't know enough about this stuff either. I'm not really a computer person!

The other threads to focus on now would be the version mismatch ones... I'm going to go check my info on that as when I needed to know the correct information for Island Paradise/patch1.55 I couldn't find it.. it just takes someone who is all up to date with their computer and Edit in Game works to tell you what their file says (the one that tells the game to open EIG).

brb (you are going to get this fixed! I know it)

ETA: OK, here we go!
    download here courtesy of AuntieLynds:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ss91h8355hrgqf/EIG_EP10.bat
    Put the .bat file on your desktop. Find your saved world and simply drag it to the .bat file and drop. It's that simple. I haven't tried this in a bit but it did work for me (after I fixed my other issues which don't seem to be the ones you are having.

again, brb with the other info...
    This is what I am looking for: "The default.ini file of CAW and TS3 are both CompatVersion = 22, WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 19, with the game versions 1.18.46.022037 and 1.55.4.022017 respectively"
    Will explain... brb again gotta check this is still correct
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    aminovas wrote:

Just wanted to let you know I researched the .bat file strategy you mentioned & I found it here
    http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?s=edf2406b3f6f6e85015943e8928ff62b&t=453161

I created the .bat (batch) file & dropped the world onto it.
    It opened the Launcher which is not helping me any because I then have to click the launcher to start the game, & the game starts the same as If I were just playing it.

I am continuing to read the thread on bypassing Origin & am only half way through pg. 3 but that's because I stopped to try other things.
    If nothing in this thread can help me then I'm just stuck.
    But ty for your efforts to help :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    aminovas wrote:
    The bat file is easy!!! I will edit this post as soon as I find the link... AuntieLynds kindly updated it for Island Paradise for us.

As per my experience, your reinstall of origin and change of prefernces with Origin solved part of your problem, that is great...

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but this could be a registry issue ;) My registry problems were causing the same pointing to the wrong application. I don't know enough about this stuff either. I'm not really a computer person!

The other threads to focus on now would be the version mismatch ones... I'm going to go check my info on that as when I needed to know the correct information for Island Paradise/patch1.55 I couldn't find it.. it just takes someone who is all up to date with their computer and Edit in Game works to tell you what their file says (the one that tells the game to open EIG).

brb (you are going to get this fixed! I know it)

ETA: OK, here we go!
    download here courtesy of AuntieLynds:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ss91h8355hrgqf/EIG_EP10.bat
    Put the .bat file on your desktop. Find your saved world and simply drag it to the .bat file and drop. It's that simple. I haven't tried this in a bit but it did work for me (after I fixed my other issues which don't seem to be the ones you are having.

This is what I am looking for: "The default.ini file of CAW and TS3 are both CompatVersion = 22, WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 19, with the game versions 1.18.46.022037 and 1.55.4.022017 respectively"

lol I guess you were writing your post while I was writing mine :) & we post missed each other.
    I just posted about trying the .bat stratedy. I did it but it didn't work for me :(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yep, it didn't work for me either until I did all these other steps...

I just wrote up this about the default.ini file / Version Mismatch issue:

OK, I'm remembering more of what I did in this last reinstall to help myself out…
    Go into your Local Disk (C:) drive --> Programs Files --> ?? Are your games in the Origin Folder or in the Electronic Arts folder?

When I reinstalled, one piece of advice I found was to specify which folder to put them all in… before I had them in two different folders, some in Origin, some in EA. CAW was in EA. So, when I reinstalled, I made sure every single Sims game got installed in the same EA folder. This may not make a difference at all, but this is what I did so maybe it actually was part of my solution ;)

OK, so… from Program Files, go to your base game -->The Sims 3 --> Game --> bin --> and then locate the Default.ini file
    Click on it to bring up a preview or find some way to read it as text.
    At the very bottom it says:
    GameVersion = 1.55.4.022017
    CompatVersion = 22
    WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 19

Your numbers should look like mine. The next thing to check in the Default.ini file in the CAW folder. ProgramFiles --> Electronic Arts --> The Sims 3 Create a World Tool --> Game -->default.ini (not in the bin folder)
    Again, at the bottom, mine says;
    GameVersion = 1.18.46.022037
    CompatVersion = 22

The numbers 22 and 19 should be the same in each default.ini files.
    If they are not, change them to 22 and 19 (that is my understanding of a way to fix that… threads on MTS by simsample detailing this, google CAW Edit in Game game version mismatch and you should find it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    aminovas wrote:

Here is the configuration file from my CAW (if you look at the bottom you will see the compatibility version is 19)

[Input]
    MouseWheelThreshold=0.14
    MouseWheelHysteresis=0.06

[Script]
    Multithreaded=1
    HeapSize = 30720

[Resources]
    CacheBudget=209715200

[FrameDatabase]
    BlockSize=30720

[CAS]
    CompositorCacheSize = 104857600
    SimCompositorCacheSize = 524288000
    WorldCompositorCacheSize = 524288000
    SimWorldCompositorCacheSize = 524288000

[Config:Win32]

[Config]
    DBCacheSubdirName = DCCache
    DBCacheMaxSizeMB = 200
    CrashDumpLocation = \\sjl-filer2\CrashDumps\Sims3
    ExportBinSubdirName = Library
    InstalledWorldsSubdirName = InstalledWorlds

[CustomContent]
    EnableCustomContent = true
    ExportsFolderName = Exports
    ImportsFolderName = Downloads
    BackupFolderName = DCBackup
    PackageThumbnails = false
    PackageThumbnailsInSims3Pac = true
    DeleteTempExportFolder = true
    RemapCollisionsOnly = true

[Version]
    languages=en-us,fr-fr,es-es,es-mx,de-de,it-it,nl-nl,sv-se,da-dk,no-no,fi-fi,pl-pl,pt-pt,hu-hu,cs-cz,pt-br,el-gr,ru-ru,ko-kr,zh-hk,ja-jp
    CompatVersion = 22

Here is the version information for my game
    (Island Paradise)
    Again if you look at the bottom you will see World builder compatibility version 19

[Input]
    MouseWheelThreshold=0.14
    MouseWheelHysteresis=0.06

[Script]
    Multithreaded=1
    HeapSize = 30720

[Resources]
    CacheBudget=209715200

[FrameDatabase]
    BlockSize=30720

[CAS]
    CompositorCacheSize = 104857600
    SimCompositorCacheSize = 524288000
    WorldCompositorCacheSize = 524288000
    SimWorldCompositorCacheSize = 524288000

[Config:Win32]

[Config]
    DBCacheSubdirName = DCCache
    DBCacheMaxSizeMB = 200
    CrashDumpLocation = \\sjl-filer2\CrashDumps\Sims3
    ExportBinSubdirName = Library
    InstalledWorldsSubdirName = InstalledWorlds

[CustomContent]
    EnableCustomContent = true
    ExportsFolderName = Exports
    ImportsFolderName = Downloads
    BackupFolderName = DCBackup
    PackageThumbnails = false
    PackageThumbnailsInSims3Pac = true
    DeleteTempExportFolder = true
    RemapCollisionsOnly = true

[Version]
    languages=en-us,fr-fr,es-es,es-mx,de-de,it-it,nl-nl,sv-se,da-dk,no-no,fi-fi,pl-pl,pt-pt,hu-hu,cs-cz,pt-br,el-gr,ru-ru,ko-kr,zh-hk,ja-jp
    GameVersion = 19.0.101.022017
    CompatVersion = 22
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    aminovas wrote:
    Yep, it didn't work for me either until I did all these other steps...

I just wrote up this about the default.ini file / Version Mismatch issue:

OK, I'm remembering more of what I did in this last reinstall to help myself out…
    Go into your Local Disk (C:) drive --> Programs Files --> ?? Are your games in the Origin Folder or in the Electronic Arts folder?

When I reinstalled, one piece of advice I found was to specify which folder to put them all in… before I had them in two different folders, some in Origin, some in EA. CAW was in EA. So, when I reinstalled, I made sure every single Sims game got installed in the same EA folder. This may not make a difference at all, but this is what I did so maybe it actually was part of my solution ;)

OK, so… from Program Files, go to your base game -->The Sims 3 --> Game --> bin --> and then locate the Default.ini file
    Click on it to bring up a preview or find some way to read it as text.
    At the very bottom it says:
    CompatVersion = 22

Your numbers should look like mine. The next thing to check in the Default.ini file in the CAW folder. ProgramFiles --> Electronic Arts --> The Sims 3 Create a World Tool --> Game -->default.ini (not in the bin folder)
    Again, at the bottom, mine says;
    CompatVersion = 22

The numbers 22 and 19 should be the same in each default.ini files.
    If they are not, change them to 22 and 19 (that is my understanding of a way to fix that… threads on MTS by simsample detailing this, google CAW Edit in Game game version mismatch and you should find it.

This is my base game information (configuration settings)

[Version]
    CompatVersion = 22

ETA: Compared my information to yours & it matches up.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That looks correct. So frustrating! It should work.

I think the next step is to really look at your registry. Doing multiple scans of my system with those anti-malware programs I mention in that other thread really really helped get my registry straight. It can get corrupted by malware that is really subtle and deeply hidden. Also uninstalling manually and reinstalling should make everything point in the right direction.
    You should know after reinstalling the base game, patching, and installing the newest CAW whether or not it works. If it doesn't work, if you want to try for a different version of the base game, I actually have another license for the base game... when I was hell bent on fixing Edit in Game I put the word out for second hand /unwanted copies of the 2009 base game, and I ended up getting two of them (after paying for one of them)! So, look for my contact info in my about me or at aminovas.wordpress.com, and I would be happy to give you that license.

I've got to get myself to bed, and I still have uploads to do, so I'm going to check out for the night... Good luck to you, and I'll check in tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    aminovas wrote:
    That looks correct. So frustrating! It should work.

I think the next step is to really look at your registry. Doing multiple scans of my system with those anti-malware programs I mention in that other thread really really helped get my registry straight. It can get corrupted by malware that is really subtle and deeply hidden. Also uninstalling manually and reinstalling should make everything point in the right direction.
    You should know after reinstalling the base game, patching, and installing the newest CAW whether or not it works. If it doesn't work, if you want to try for a different version of the base game, I actually have another license for the base game... when I was hell bent on fixing Edit in Game I put the word out for second hand /unwanted copies of the 2009 base game, and I ended up getting two of them (after paying for one of them)! So, look for my contact info in my about me or at aminovas.wordpress.com, and I would be happy to give you that license.

I've got to get myself to bed, and I still have uploads to do, so I'm going to check out for the night... Good luck to you, and I'll check in tomorrow.

Alright good night :) & ty for all your help.
    I know how to check the registry but I need to know what file I should be looking for in it because I never uninstalled the games on this system & re-installed them so there shouldn't be any "left over files"
    but I'm willing to look @ the registry to see if there is anything strange. Will get that information (the file I should be looking for) from you at another time.
    Only thing left to do after the registry check is another version of the base game but not sure if I should even bother with that because my game is working fine & I'm of the mind why fix it if its not broken.
    Meanwhile have a good night & ttyl :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    :) I'm still here :)
    the registry issue might not be with the Sims 3 files... what I'm talking about is really really pernicious malware that sneaks in and hijacks your applications. I had no problems in my game at all that I was aware of, or anywhere on my computer. I have kapersky and a couple others and they all missed this one malware that was screwing up my registry... my registry looked fine, but I had to get a registry cleaning software to find the malware (I used ccleaner). And then I used hitman pro and malware bytes, alternating between the two of them doing deep scans, to finally get rid of it all. It had snuck into my web browser, too, and I had to clean it out there. It took two rounds each of hitman and malware bytes to get it out. It's just an idea!

ok, you have a good night too, and I hope you stick with it through a fix.. you want to be able to use Edit in Game ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    aminovas wrote:
    :) I'm still here :)
    the registry issue might not be with the Sims 3 files... what I'm talking about is really really pernicious malware that sneaks in and hijacks your applications. I had no problems in my game at all that I was aware of, or anywhere on my computer. I have kapersky and a couple others and they all missed this one malware that was screwing up my registry... my registry looked fine, but I had to get a registry cleaning software to find the malware (I used ccleaner). And then I used hitman pro and malware bytes, alternating between the two of them doing deep scans, to finally get rid of it all. It had snuck into my web browser, too, and I had to clean it out there. It took two rounds each of hitman and malware bytes to get it out. It's just an idea!

ok, you have a good night too, and I hope you stick with it through a fix.. you want to be able to use Edit in Game ;)

Hey Aminovas :) Here's my update: Last night after I got off this site, I downloaded a trial copy of Hitman & ran it on my system.
    I DID have traces of malware on my system, got that all cleaned up & tried CAW again. Unfortunately that didn't work for me.
    Don't know what else to do but I just saw a thread about a CAW patch.
    Going to check that out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top