Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there any way to build a resort without one of the shells?

I want to build a resort, but it doesn't fit the style of the three resort shells that seem to be required on the lot. Is there any way to get around having to use one of the shells?

Comments

• tommygalroxtommygalrox Posts: 62 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Do you mean the resort towers? You can create your own rooms instead of using the towers, just click on the door when you're done and add a VIP lock to it.
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately, no. However, you can bury the rabbithole resort tower in the basement. I am hoping that a modder will soon come up with a resort tower rabbithole rug or door, which is always my favorite solution when making custom lots.
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited June 2013
    Do you mean the resort towers? You can create your own rooms instead of using the towers, just click on the door when you're done and add a VIP lock to it.

This is not entirely true. Yes, you can create your own VIP rooms and just designate them as such with the door command, but you will still need to have a rabbithole resort tower on the lot before it can be recognized as a resort.

EDIT to add the fact that you must also allow enough room for the NPC resort workers to access the rabbithole tower in the event that you decide to stick it in the basement. See, this thread for more info from SimGuruMike: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/677508.page
  • Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Well, shoot. I was hoping that wasn't the case. I too will be hoping for a rug mod or something like that. Thanks for the help!
    edited June 2013
    And I suppose now I can get around it by enclosing it in another building and then dropping a room hider thingy in there. I just hate having something like that awkwardly floating around a lot. I'm pretty obsessive about my builds.
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited June 2013
    Where are the resort tower shells located?

(I don't have IP yet)

Thanks in advance!
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

edited June 2013
    Where are the resort tower shells located?

(I don't have IP yet)

Thanks in advance!

Once you designate the lot as a resort lot, it will automatically open with a reception desk and a trash can. Then you click on build mode and on the community objects icon - they are located in there. :D There are three of them, but they aren'r redesignable.