Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Analysis - freezing/crashing when trying to check into a resort

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    DreamingDigitalDreamingDigital Posts: 22
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys, I just saw on Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog, a post about this problem we're all having. On their site it says that Checking in with a Self Employed sim causes the freeze. I checked in with a self employed scuba diver.... and it froze on me. I'm going to go check now to see if it works if i check in as unemployed, then try it with a professional/employed sim. Here's a link to the web page i found. In case anyone wants to check it out.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/06/game-freezes-when-checking-into-resort.html
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited July 2013
    Twallan has found the cause for this issue.

It has to with setting vacation days for careers, which does not work properly for jobs with open work hours.

Overwatch 101 and higher has a fix for the issue.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    CaptobvsCaptobvs Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited July 2013
    crinrict wrote:

It has to with setting vacation days for careers, which does not work properly for jobs with open work hours.

Good to hear this. I'll be updating Overwatch later on.
  • Options
    TezaG78TezaG78 Posts: 113 Member
    edited July 2013
    I tried installing overwatch but it didn't help. Do I have to make a special setting or something? I had a self employed diver that caused the problem.
  • Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited July 2013
    crinrict wrote:

I notice Twallan was asking about the life guard career. I can't answer whether any of the townies are allocated that career but assigning it to my resort owner seemed to get me back up and running again despite it being semi open hours. When my problems started my sim was without a job/profession of any kind.
  • Options
    AJS192769AJS192769 Posts: 380 Member
    edited July 2013
    I do have Twallan's overwatch, but even after my sim quit his job and was able to check in, the game froze before he could get to him room. But I'll check out the overwatch update and cross my fingers. :)
  • Options
    MayliciousMaylicious Posts: 96 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm still having issues with this and have the most recent version of Overwatch installed.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited July 2013
    Maylicious wrote:
    I'm still having issues with this and have the most recent version of Overwatch installed.

What career did your Sim have? Thanks to the Overwatch update my self-employed Sim was able to check into Sparkling Sands and stay for two nights with no issues. :) She was a painter, though there are still problems with scuba diving as it's a new profession and Twallan probably hasn't completely figured it out yet.
  • Options
    MayliciousMaylicious Posts: 96 Member
    edited July 2013
    Maylicious wrote:

What career did your Sim have? Thanks to the Overwatch update my self-employed Sim was able to check into Sparkling Sands and stay for two nights with no issues. :) She was a painter, though there are still problems with scuba diving as it's a new profession and Twallan probably hasn't completely figured it out yet.

Thanks for the info, Alex. I didn't realize that it was still broken for the diving profession, which is of course my Sim's profession. I guess I'll still have to wait for a fix.
  • Options
    Shadia13Shadia13 Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2013
    1.yes (do i have to?...its alot eheh...)
    3.existing IP
    4.premade
    5.EA
    6.not sure...sorry but i know its not Mac
    7.DVD
    8.home
    9.the one that doesnt have the overly large tower, the tower one has no desk receptionist
    10.diver
    11/12.havent tried
    13.fishing, diving, collecting(rocks and jewels), alchemy
    14.new
    i don't wanna delete him and im new in writing in a forum so yeah...help?
    the diving motion the sim makes is fun to watch(even if he's a werewolf)
  • Options
    Shadia13Shadia13 Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2013
    quick correction .."he was a werewolf"
  • Options
    espereldaesperelda Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2013
    How can anyone be expected to enjoy the IP expansion pack when we can't use one of its main features - resorts. Had my sim quit being a singer (with showtime) so she can go to resort but my game continues to freeze. Same with my other unemployed sim. This is not cool at all.
  • Options
    BrileanneBrileanne Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2013
    1. Yes use both custom content and mods. Use Storyprogression and MasterController.
    2. 1.55
    3. existing one
    4.new game
    5.Island Paradiso, EA
    6. Mac OS 10.6
    7. Download
    8. Home-World
    Extra:
    1. Sparkling Sands
    2. Yes.
    3. Diver and Lifeguard
  • Options
    EllorienneEllorienne Posts: 26
    edited July 2013
    My sim just stands there until I cancel the action, and she has a route fail tantrum.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? no
    2. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55
    3. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    4. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New sims
    5. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? SSV
    6. What is your Operating System? Win 7
    7. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD
    8. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Home

And some extra questions please:
    1. Which resort(s) are a problem for you? La Costa Verde
    2. Are all Sims affected? Or is it just a certain one? both sims
    3. What career/job does your problem Sim have? Unemployed, no opportunities
    4. Does changing career get rid of the issue? no, but a blanket resetsim * fixes it
    5. Is your whole household affected? Also other households if you change the active household? Whole household, haven't tried switching households.
    6. What skills do your affected sims have (including collecting and consigning)? Between them, none the same, Collecting, Alchemy, Diving, Athletic, Gardening, Riding.
    7. Are you using a new or pre made sim? New sims.
  • Options
    ZoebubbleZoebubble Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2013
    1. No mods at all
    2. Version 1.55.4.022002
    3. Have tried with a new game and an existing one, the same issue occurs
    4. Have tried with a new sim and pre made one
    5. Only played in EA worlds, Isla Paradiso and Sunlit Tides
    6. Windows 7
    7. Download versions of all the games
    8. Home world

1. All resorts are an issue
    2. All sims are affected, even non-player characters
    3. Sim in active family is a doctor
    4. Changing career doesn't help
    5. Whole household and non player characters are all affected
    6. Sim has most skills
    7. Have tried with new sim and pre made, same issue.
  • Options
    Zerican32Zerican32 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I to am having the same problem with Guest at my resort just standing there at the desk while checking, then cancels and takes a route trantrum. I have tried moving the desk several times. Deleted and bought a new one. I have moved that desk every which way. This has happened everytime I make my own resort. So no one can check into my vip rooms but I am still making revenue...barely. If they could check into VIP i would make alot more money.

I am a vampire female young adult.
    I have it patched up to 1.55
    I have all expansions installed except seasons.
    I use one mod called woohooer( because I play female gay couple and want them to have kids)
    I am unemployed. Did not even bother making self employed.

THis is a bug that seems to effect everyone so I am assuming it has something to do with

EA and not us. Get on it.
  • Options
    MinDillard2MinDillard2 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2013
    1. No
    2. 1.55
    3. New Game
    4. New Sim
    5. EA
    6. Win 7
    7. DVD
    8. Home-World

1. The ones that I own when I try to check in
    2. Just the active one as far as I know
    3. Scuba Diver
    4. Wow. Yes. When I gave up the career as Scuba Diver and became a life guard the problem disappeared. Bummer.
    5. Yes but there is only one person in my household
    6. swimming,fishing,cooking, charisma
    7. New
  • Options
    lleighindianalleighindiana Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2013
    1. No
    2. 1.55.4.022001
    3. both
    4. New
    5. Isla Paradisio
    6. Windows 7
    7. Download version
    8. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? I have no idea what that even means!
    1. All
    2. All
    3. Different, including unemployed, Science track, and self-employed
    4. Nope

5. Haven't tried any other households in my town, but my sim did marry a preexisting sim in the town and he can't check in either.
    6. Fishing, cooking, writing, handy, athletic
    7. New and premade both
  • Options
    mum27mum27 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? CC no mods
    2. Which Patch Level are you at ? latest one
    3. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing game created before Island Paradise EP
    4. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Sim I made previous to Island Paradise EP
    5. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Moonlight Falls
    6. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    7. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD
    8. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home World

additional info: I have a resort on Isla Paradiso (Different game, different sim) that my Sim can check into no problem. Everything else in my Moonlight Falls resort seems to work fine. Moonlight Falls Sim is also owner of the resort.
  • Options
    maegimaegi Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I think you are all asking the wrong question(s) Whenever there is a pc problem or a game problem that was not there before, you must ask yourself...what has changed?
    I think it's related to the new traits.
    I say this because I've played and owned Hobarts with success. I've done the lifeguard career to 10 with no problems. Then I decided to try a diver-swimmer. This sim had loves to swim, sailor and angler.
    Angler is an old skill so I doubt it's buggy. However, loves to swim and sailor are new and when I had these traits, I started experiencing freezes or crashes, program has stopped working etc etc, and ONLY with this sim and these traits. So to those of you who are experiencing similar freezes.... do you have these new traits?
    I specifically had renovated Hobarts, bulldozed the lot after buying it, rebuilt 90% of it. Then went to the supermarket to sell excess fish in my inventory. I then tried to "visit Hobarts" using the map and clicking on the resort icon and instantly crashed, program not working. Logged back in and could do almost anything , till i clicked to visit the resort and CRASH. So I deleted that sim and haven't had the problem repeat itself since then.
  • Options
    djacob16djacob16 Posts: 95 Member
    edited September 2013
    maegi wrote:
    I think you are all asking the wrong question(s) Whenever there is a pc problem or a game problem that was not there before, you must ask yourself...what has changed?
    I think it's related to the new traits.
    I say this because I've played and owned Hobarts with success. I've done the lifeguard career to 10 with no problems. Then I decided to try a diver-swimmer. This sim had loves to swim, sailor and angler.
    Angler is an old skill so I doubt it's buggy. However, loves to swim and sailor are new and when I had these traits, I started experiencing freezes or crashes, program has stopped working etc etc, and ONLY with this sim and these traits. So to those of you who are experiencing similar freezes.... do you have these new traits?
    I specifically had renovated Hobarts, bulldozed the lot after buying it, rebuilt 90% of it. Then went to the supermarket to sell excess fish in my inventory. I then tried to "visit Hobarts" using the map and clicking on the resort icon and instantly crashed, program not working. Logged back in and could do almost anything , till i clicked to visit the resort and CRASH. So I deleted that sim and haven't had the problem repeat itself since then.

This is a pretty old thread for people who had problems specifically checking into resorts when ip came out. They already found the cause (self-employed Sims could not check in). It did not seem to affect everyone but a large amount of people had the problem. Then they fixed this problem in the 1.57 patch. This particular problem is fixed.

That being said, you should share what you think in an appropriate thread so that more simmers who have lag and crashes can read it and test it out in their games too. Did you test it out again on a new sim? It could have been that your sim got corrupt another way.
  • Options
    neleh40neleh40 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    My game freezes constantly during game play. My op system is windows 8 64 bit. It meets or surpasses all of the minimum system requirements.
    I do not have any custom content. I am in EA world Isla Paradiso. My sim does not have a career and is not self employed. she is a new sim. I have the online version, it is up to date with the latest patch 1.63 and home world. It freezes whether I am checking into a resort or at home doing any task. I have spoken with EA and been advised that my system meets the requirements and that my uo trace was good. they referred me to this forum to advise of my issue. I have performed a clean boot because this is a new computer but that did not help, my texture and light and shadow settings are on low.........

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top