Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Analysis - freezing/crashing when trying to check into a resort

Comments

• Options
    nkuhlwindnkuhlwind Posts: 94 New Member
    edited June 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). No custom content, very little store content as I haven't put it back in game yet.
    2. Which Patch Level are you at ? Patched to newest patch
    3. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Started a new game
    4. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing Sim that I made prior to Island Paradise
    5. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Custom-Quadra Island
    6. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Vista
    7. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? download
    8. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home world

And some extra questions please:
    1. Which resort(s) are a problem for you It is a resort that I made.
    2. Are all Sims affected? Or is it just a certain one? I only had one sim in the household
    3. What career/job does your problem Sim have? self employed angler
    4. Does changing career get rid of the issue? none
    5. Is your whole household affected? Also other households if you change the active household? didn't try to change household
    6. What skills do your affected sims have (including collecting and consigning)? fishing level 10, cooking 8
    7. Are you using a new or pre made sim? premade
  • Options
    nkuhlwindnkuhlwind Posts: 94 New Member
    edited June 2013
    system:

Vista Business 32 bit
    AMD Athlon 64X2 6000+ (3.1 ghz)
    4 gb DDR2 memory
    nVidia GeForce GT 630, 4 MB
  • Options
    anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    edited June 2013
    1)no cc
    2)1.55
    3)new game.
    4)existing sim from Isla Paradiso
    5) EA town. Isla Paradiso.
    6) Windows 7 64-bit
    7)pre order from origin
    8) Home world
  • Options
    SerapineSerapine Posts: 144
    edited June 2013
    Hello from Germany. Here my Answers.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).Yes Mods and CC
    2. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55
    3. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New Game
    4. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? An existing Sim
    5. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA (IP)
    6. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    7. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD
    8. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home

1. Which resort(s) are a problem for you. The first the Sims can buy
    2. Are all Sims affected? Or is it just a certain one? I don´t know. I have played only with one Sim.
    3. What career/job does your problem Sim have? Nothing
    4. Does changing career get rid of the issue? I don´t know
    5. Is your whole household affected? Also other households if you change the active household? I don´t know
    6. What skills do your affected sims have (including collecting and consigning)? Gardener 1, Diving 3, Logik 1, Cooking 1, Charisma 1, Mix 1
    7. Are you using a new or pre made sim? A pre made sim.
  • Options
    mia919mia919 Posts: 186 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh my! I've been busy since early yesterday morning and just got through the last few pages. My "problem sim" is a self-employed painter. I'll try switching to a different career since that seems to be working for most people! My sim was newly created in IP (not moved), and was living in a house (not a houseboat).

Thank you to everyone for brainstorming and providing info! :D
  • Options
    ladyolacladyolac Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Downloaded from Origin (first time use origin all other XPs were disks, have ALL XPs), no problem so far playing or downloaded. Just froze each time I try to check in at resort. Tried 2 different resorts so far on island, froze each time. Own poweful HP with windows 7.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).

NO
    2. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    THE LATEST ONE THAT JUST CAME OUT; DOWNLOADED IT BEFORE INSTANLLING ISLAND PARADISE;

3. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    STARTED A NEW GAME;

4. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    TRANSFERED EXISTING SIMS THAT WERE SAVED IN LIBRARY THAT I HAD MADE FOR SUNLIGHT TIDES.

5. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    ISLAND PARADISO

6. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    WIN 7

7. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DOWNLOAD VERSION

8. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?

??? DON T UNDERSTAND QUESTIONG.

1. Which resort(s) are a problem for you

THE SPANISH LOOKING ONE AND THE VERY MODERN ONE.

2. Are all Sims affected? Or is it just a certain one?
    ONLY PLAYED ONE FAMILY YET BUT ENTIRE FAMILY AFFECTED.TRY TO CHECK IN WIFE AND HUSBAND WHILE CHILD STAYS ON BOAT HOUSE WITH MAID AND IT FREEZES.

3. What career/job does your problem Sim have?
    FOOTBALL CAREER FOR MALE AND ARTIST FOR FEMALE.

4. Does changing career get rid of the issue?
    DID NOT TRY.

5. Is your whole household affected? Also other households if you change the active household?
    DID NOT TRY.

6. What skills do your affected sims have (including collecting and consigning)?
    ATHLETICS, ART, SCUBA DIVING,COOKING,

7. Are you using a new or pre made sim?
    SIMS I MADE FOR SUNLITE TIDES THAT I HAD SAVED IN BIN.
  • Options
    PinkLoveJonasPinkLoveJonas Posts: 442 Member
    edited June 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
    No custom content. I have Overwatch.
    2. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    The most recent.
    3. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones?
    New game.
    4. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made?
    I made new sims.
    5. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom?
    Isla Paradiso.
    6. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)?
    Vista.
    7. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game?
    DVD.
    8. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World?
    Home world.

1. Which resort(s) are a problem for you?

I only tried out two of them. I can't recall the name. The run down one and the one with the wedding arch.
    2. Are all Sims affected? Or is it just a certain one?
    All.
    3. What career/job does your problem Sim have?
    Lifeguard & Scuba Diver.
    4. Does changing career get rid of the issue?
    I didn't try that.
    5. Is your whole household affected? Also other households if you change the active household?
    I typically don't switch households so I have no idea.
    6. What skills do your affected sims have (including collecting and consigning?
    Scuba Diving, Cooking, Athletic, Social Networking, Fishing, Gardening, Charisma, Logic, Handiness, Collecting
    7. Are you using a new or pre made sim?
    New.
    OriginID: prettypinkpixels

• Options
    ladyolacladyolac Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2013
    In my case, no one was at the desk when my sim arrived at the resort, and had to wait a couple minutes for someone to come to the desk. As soon the check-in person arrived and started to help my sim, that's when the freeze occurs.

The Sim checking in was football career but wife was self employed painter (artist) and checking in with him. Don't own a resort yet but Wife painter is level 7 scuba diving. Hope this info helps sort it out.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2013
    Alright... I've done a little testing on this. Removed my mods for the testing as well to make sure they didn't interfere one way or the other.

Made a household of 3 YA sims.

1st Sim - Joined journalism career.. could check in just fine.
    2nd Sim - joined lifeguard career.. checked in just fine.
    3rd Sim - became self-employed writer. Check in caused the game to freeze, which actually startled me a bit since I thought I was free of this bug - apparently not, lol.

I really think the answer is something to do with being self-employed, but like Crin said, there may be another factor at play since she had a self-employed diver who had no problems. Totally strange. ;P

You know, maybe you have to play the game for a while for it to break. I realized that my diver Sim was not actually in that career (just the LTW), so I changed an tried this morning. Both my Sims (lifeguard/diver) were able to check in just fine).

Now I tried again (after playing for about 4 hours) and look what happens .... game freeze.

Going to try my other Sim now too.

Post on the issue is coming up.

EDIT: Lifeguard is working for me too which makes me wonder if I ever checked the diver Sim correctly.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Serapine wrote:
    Hello from Germany. Here my Answers.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).Yes Mods and CC
    2. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55
    3. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New Game
    4. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? An existing Sim
    5. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA (IP)
    6. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    8. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home

1. Which resort(s) are a problem for you. The first the Sims can buy
    2. Are all Sims affected? Or is it just a certain one? I don´t know. I have played only with one Sim.
    3. What career/job does your problem Sim have? Nothing
    4. Does changing career get rid of the issue? I don´t know
    5. Is your whole household affected? Also other households if you change the active household? I don´t know
    6. What skills do your affected sims have (including collecting and consigning)? Gardener 1, Diving 3, Logik 1, Cooking 1, Charisma 1, Mix 1
    7. Are you using a new or pre made sim? A pre made sim.

Hast du deinen Sim für irgendeine eigenständige Karriere registriert ? Maler ? Gärtner oder steht da wirklich, Arbeitslos ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2013
    nkuhlwind wrote:
    3. What career/job does your problem Sim have? self employed angler
    4. Does changing career get rid of the issue? none

Does this mean that changing the career did not work for you or that you didn't try ?

If it's not working, could you exactly describe what happens for you, thanks.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited June 2013
    IceyJ wrote:
    Mine was a self-employed sculpter. I ended up fixing it by saving a copy of the sim to the bin in CAS, then created a new sim using the premade. Of course, he was unemployed once I re-imported him into the game but I had no idea that was the cause.

Could the missing link be that we all "moved" to Isla Paradiso using EA's new method in addition to the self-employed thing?

Doubtful, since I think a lot of the people who have seen the bug in action (myself included) were testing with brand new Sims created in IP, not moved from another town.

@crinrict - I tested a little bit on this again last night, and you may be right about it breaking after playing for awhile. Here's the really odd thing, though. My self employed writer could NOT check in without causing the game to freeze... until he got promoted. After the promotion, he hasn't had any trouble checking in. I don't know if the promotion actually fixed it or if it was just playing the Sim for awhile that fixed it.

Later today I'll play the Sim up to promotion again and see if the error returns or if it stays the same.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hello- I wanted to post my issue here as well.

1. Yes, but tested on vanilla game, same result.
    2. 1.55
    3. new game
    4. new sim, not from bin
    5. EA, isla paradiso
    6. MAC 10.7.5
    7. DVD
    8. home

1. all
    2. haven't tried to switch households, but when I try to check in with my love interest, he starts to check in before me, then I my sim does and it freezes.
    3. diver
    4. haven't tried
    5. only one person in household
    6. Athletic, collecting, charisma, handiness, cooking, writing, Fishing, logic, diving
    7. new

Also, I have tried being not logged in and logged in, no difference. My sim has no occult either, just normal sim. Only store content in my game as well. Also worth noting, I have tried it on different stages of my saves in the past few days since I started noticing it and they are all having trouble checking in with the same sim.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Veiledstar, try changing your Sim's career to something that is not self-employed and then try to check in. Let us know if that works for you.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Post is here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/06/game-freezes-when-checking-into-resort.html

I think I just tested the wrong Sim. Thought both checked in but maybe for one it dropped from the queue.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2013
    ok will do. If not, I'll start another sim to try it on that isn't self employed.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Changing my sim's career from diver to military worked. She can now check in to the resorts. Ugh. Guess I'll have to wait until she discovers all the islands to change her job.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @ crin, you must have tested the wrong sim. My sim was in the diving career. Sorry I didn't see your post on your blog.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    veiledstar wrote:
    Changing my sim's career from diver to military worked. She can now check in to the resorts. Ugh. Guess I'll have to wait until she discovers all the islands to change her job.

Glad to hear that it worked for you. It is the strangest bug ever, to be sure. I have no idea why being self-employed would error Sims out when checking in to a resort. I hope EA (or a good modder, like Twallan) can figure it out so we can see a fix. I like the self-employed careers because it gives Sims so much freedom.. and IP is the perfect place for that.
  • Options
    sydsyrioussydsyrious Posts: 63 Member
    edited June 2013
    Self Employed people do not have to change to another job. They can just "quit" their current job before they check in and then "join" that same career after check-out. Being a gardener never really benefited me opportunity wise, so it is a good work around for me.
  • Options
    Thumper000Thumper000 Posts: 203 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Three times I tried with my current guy..all bad. Have not tried another town yet.
    1. No mods, no CC
    2.The latest patch
    3.New Game
    4 New Sim
    5. IP
    6.Win 7
    7.DVD
    8. Home

Tried all three resorts
    Diver
    No-one else has tried yet, he is alone so far
    No fish, seeds in pockets:
    camera and diploma
    underwater camera
    fruit and dried meals
    aqua sled, sailboat and scooter

Game came from retail outlet ( this one, have not tried the one from GameStop
  • Options
    SK_InspiredSK_Inspired Posts: 89 Member
    edited June 2013
    Saw this thread while searching for "game freezing" and decided to jump in. Though my family owns a resort, they've never checked in. My game is just starting to freeze after 2 days of game play. I had to manually shut it down (end task) and waited a couple hours and then reloaded the game only to have it freeze up within a few minutes of game play. Have never had a freezing issue. Game played fine previously with CC and Nraas mods, also played fine after patch.. but when I first launched this new game I had the black screen and had to delete my downloads folder and whatever else they said to remove. That fixed the issue, but now there are other issues.

My teen sim also won't age up on a houseboat.
  • Options
    beggar1015beggar1015 Posts: 539 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have no CC's. My made my sim just for IP. He did have some fish and shells in his inventory. He is a self-employed diver. The first time the game froze was when he was checking into Hobart's. After restarting the game, he was able to do Hobart's and, uh, the one on the hill. It was when he was trying to check into Sparkling Sands that the game froze up again. It was a full moon if that matters.
  • Options
    TootieHyPeRGaLTootieHyPeRGaL Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). - no mods, and only content from the store
    2. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55.4.022001
    3. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing
    4. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Transfer
    5. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA, the new one
    6. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7
    8. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home world

1. Which resort(s) are a problem for you - all of them
    2. Are all Sims affected? Or is it just a certain one? - I have only tried my one Sim
    3. What career/job does your problem Sim have? - Profession - Painter
    4. Does changing career get rid of the issue? - Haven't tried
    5. Is your whole household affected? Also other households if you change the active household? - Only one Sim in household
    6. What skills do your affected sims have (including collecting and consigning)? - painting, photography, cooking, martial arts, athletic, I'm sure there are others but I can't remember them all.
    7. Are you using a new or pre made sim? A new one that I created a while back, and then transferred to the new world.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    TootieHyPeRGaL, beggar1015, Thumper000.. could you all have your problem Sims change to a non self-employed career... or just have them be unemployed, and try to check in again.

SK_Inspired - I think your issue is something different from what this thread is for. General lag and freezing (not related to checking into a resort) should probably go into the Tech section of the forum. Or, there's a few other threads floating around this section about general lag issues that might have some answers for you.

OP - You may want to put something in the first post about the self-employed issue (and link to crinrict's blog post about it) because I'm doubting people are going to read through all these pages. Just a suggestion. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top