Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Analysis - freezing/crashing when trying to check into a resort

Comments

• JessRabbitJessRabbit Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
    Only CC, no mods.
    2. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    3. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    New Game
    4. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Was one that I had made in the past
    5. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA
    6. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    WIN 7
    7. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    Download
    8. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Not sure...?
    Could you also please say what your system has:
    1. Graphic card,
    AMD RADEON HD 6650M
    2. RAM,
    6144MB RAM
    3. CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

And some extra questions please:
    1. Which resort(s) are a problem for you?
    I have only tried sparkling sands
    2. Are all Sims affected? Or is it just a certain one?
    I have only tried the one sim, since I havent gotten past the check in

• DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited June 2013
    I believe the issue might be the diving career. I was in the middle of a diving opportunity and it would continuously freeze when I tried to check in. I'm using that same sim now and was able to check in successfully after changing careers.
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • bibmibibmi Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2013
    @DangerDanger

I think you might be on to something. I had my angler sim try to check in at the 'fancy' resort as a treat...guess what, freeze. So, I thought maybe I should try the 'Spanish' one. Guess what, freeze. Now, I had checked in another sim into this resort before. So, I got to thinking about what you said about the diving 'profession'.

My angler sim suddenly felt the urge to become a line cook and join the culinary career. Guess what, he checked into the 'fancy' resort without a problem.

Luck, or something up?
  • jellybelly313jellybelly313 Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    1. none
    2. newest patch
    3. new game
    4. transferred my old sims from the exchange
    5. EA isla paradise
    6. mac
    7. physical dvd
    8.home world (isla paradise)

1.NVIDEA GeForce 9400M
    2.8 Gigabytes
    3.???
  • sydsyrioussydsyrious Posts: 63 Member
    edited June 2013
    I believe the issue might be the diving career. I was in the middle of a diving opportunity and it would continuously freeze when I tried to check in. I'm using that same sim now and was able to check in successfully after changing careers.

Ok...wow. I thought, what the heck and tried this and it worked. Thank you. My Sim was a gardener and I changed to the Science career and check-in finally worked. I guess if you are self-employed you are not allowed to stay in resorts??

LOL....thank you again.
    edited June 2013
    My sims isnt in the diving career...shes a writer.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited June 2013
    JessRabbit wrote:

Based on the post above you it almost seems like it COULD have something to do with being self-employed in general.. not necessarily just the diving career. It warrants further investigation, at least. I will try to reproduce it in my own game tonight when I have a chance to play.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    edited June 2013
    Absolutely, I just want this figured out. T_T I feel so left out of key aspects of the game you know?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2013
    My guess exactly. Self-employed & professions could be an issue here.

The gurus are looking into it but I think it calls for some new questions here:

1. What career does your Sim(s) have ?

I'll try to get Karritz to change the questions on the first page.

Thank you all for participating so far.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited June 2013
    I just created a new sim and made her get a normal job in the culinary career and went to sparkling sands and it didnt freeze!
  • jellybelly313jellybelly313 Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    ATTENTION!! I HAVE FOUND OUT WHAT CAUSES THE CRASH AND HOW TO STOP IT FROM HAPPENING!
    The problem with the crash is the diver and painter careers(so far I've found) If this problem is happening to you just switch your job to the culinary carreer. How I discovered this fix was that whenever my painter sim tried to check into a resort it would crash but then I changed from the painter proffession to the culinary career the problem disappeared. SO IF THIS IS HAPPENING TO YOU SIMPLY CHANGE YOUR JOB TO SOME SORT OF CARREER AND BOOM! PROBLEM SOLVED. Hopefully this helps the sims team to find a fix to the proffesions :)
    edited June 2013
    ATTENTION!! I HAVE FOUND OUT WHAT CAUSES THE CRASH AND HOW TO STOP IT FROM HAPPENING!
    The problem with the crash is the diver and painter careers(so far I've found) If this problem is happening to you just switch your job to the culinary carreer. How I discovered this fix was that whenever my painter sim tried to check into a resort it would crash but then I changed from the painter proffession to the culinary career the problem disappeared. SO IF THIS IS HAPPENING TO YOU SIMPLY CHANGE YOUR JOB TO SOME SORT OF CARREER AND BOOM! PROBLEM SOLVED. Hopefully this helps the sims team to find a fix to the proffesions :)

If you look through the last page or so of the thread you'll see that we are starting to figure this out.. it seems to be an issue with self-employed careers in general, at least in theory so far. Thanks for the input, this further clarifies what we've been guessing at.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    edited June 2013
    JessRabbit wrote:

Based on the post above you it almost seems like it COULD have something to do with being self-employed in general.. not necessarily just the diving career. It warrants further investigation, at least. I will try to reproduce it in my own game tonight when I have a chance to play.

It can't be JUST that. There's some other factor cause my Sim is in the diver career and the other is a lifeguard (well haven't tried since I made him one) and both can check in fine but it definitely has something to do with it.

So far it seems: All Sims affected are in one of the professions/self-employed but not all Sims in one of those have the issue.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited June 2013
    Are we all living on house boats?
    edited June 2013
    No, I put the Sim I was sent in a home.
    AHQ Tutorial

• kbmiller5kbmiller5 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2013
    OMG thank you so much!!

My sim was a writer and I just switched her to the lifeguard career and immediately went to a resort to check in and didn't have a single problem.

Perhaps they just thought anyone self-employed couldn't possibly afford to stay in a resort. :wink: just kidding
  • sydsyrioussydsyrious Posts: 63 Member
    edited June 2013
    Also just checked....."Unemployed" seems to work too. :)
    edited June 2013
    Alright... I've done a little testing on this. Removed my mods for the testing as well to make sure they didn't interfere one way or the other.

Made a household of 3 YA sims.

1st Sim - Joined journalism career.. could check in just fine.
    2nd Sim - joined lifeguard career.. checked in just fine.
    3rd Sim - became self-employed writer. Check in caused the game to freeze, which actually startled me a bit since I thought I was free of this bug - apparently not, lol.

I really think the answer is something to do with being self-employed, but like Crin said, there may be another factor at play since she had a self-employed diver who had no problems. Totally strange. ;P
  • RactteleRacttele Posts: 24
    edited June 2013
    Wooo! Thanks @dangerdanger!

Now my beautiful family can survive going to a resort by not being self-employed, but that totally blows since one of them is an artist, and not really good at anything else.

This thread has been super helpful.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    edited June 2013
    It looks like you are all going to have this worked out before I get to play the game.

I've managed to get it installed and made a sim who went for a swim. That's it for me so far. I'll play on the weekend.

Keep up the good work. I'm reading your progress with interest.
  • anmllvr234anmllvr234 Posts: 577
    edited June 2013
    It seems the problem is being solved and after trying the solution, the game works fine again. Just like everyone else, my sim was also self-employed as a scuba diver. Thanks for the solution and hopefully the sims can become self-employed again without issues.

P.s. The self-employed issue was also preventing sims from docking at the bay and deleting queue actions.
    edited June 2013
    I hope EA is able to reproduce this so it can be patched. I would hate to think I won't be able to have any self-employed Sims that can use the IP features.
  • weeone125weeone125 Posts: 20 Member
    edited June 2013
    So I was having this same issue with both my pre-existing Sims and sure enough they were both self employed. One was a gardener, the other a writer. I had them both quit their jobs and the game stopped freezing upon check in.

THANKS SO MUCH to you guys for figuring it out today. This was bumming me out today at work when I thought about playing Sims later. At least its playable now.

I hope EA puts this in the next patch for sure.

Cheers!
    -Lisa
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2013
    Mine was a self-employed sculpter. I ended up fixing it by saving a copy of the sim to the bin in CAS, then created a new sim using the premade. Of course, he was unemployed once I re-imported him into the game but I had no idea that was the cause.

Could the missing link be that we all "moved" to Isla Paradiso using EA's new method in addition to the self-employed thing?
  • bibmibibmi Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2013
    The Sim I tested it on - the one that went from angler to culinary - was created in CAS in Isla Paradiso.

The one thing I noticed during my tests was that the resort manager (the one who comes to the check-in desk) changed when I quit my self-employed profession.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top