Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I owe EA a HUUUUUGGGE apology!!!

After watching the last live broadcast, I started a thread to discuss the enormous amount of lagging, jumping, twitching during the gameplay. I was so worried that if THAT was the best that THEIR computer could do, with only the base game and 1 expansion installed, then the rest of us were in serious trouble. Especially someone like me who has all EPs, SPs, worlds, most of the store items(with the exception of a few early hairstyles) and LOADS of exchange downloads and CC. I thought installing the game would be pointless and that it would never run on my PC.

But like a true addict, I was at WallyWorld at 12:01 making my purchase before racing home to install it.

WOW! WAS I WRONG! :oops: :oops: :oops:

The game not only runs beautifully, but I have NEVER had such quick load times, speedy "waits" in and out of buy/build mode, etc. It wasn't the patch because my game had the usual long load waits for the entire week after I downloaded it. But after installing the game EVERYTHING is so much faster. For the first time I see a change for the better in overall gameplay and to EA, my most sincere apology.

Now! Before the hate starts pouring in - I'm not talking about glitches, errors, mod conflicts (I had the "Scott family" problem until I removed ErrorTrap) that come with every new expansion. And I'm sure as I play longer, I will come across all the little glitches that we experience and then thank the modders for fixing. I'm talking about overall changes in loading screen times and a significant change in the smooth transitions in my gameplay. It looks NOTHING like the broadcast did and, for that, I owe EA a huge apology for expressing such negative doubts! Whatever you did, EA, keep it up and my computer thanks you!!

Comments

• blinky47jblinky47j Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2013
    Awweeeee.....so sweet of you. I'm enjoying this EP too and the extra details EA put into it :mrgreen:
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2013
    I used Master Controller to do a Total Annihilation on the Scotts -- alas, we knew them not. And there's an updated Error Trap so that might solve the issue anyway. I was having issues with snorkeling but that turned out to be a mod conflict from one over at Sims Asylum; spent all evening clearing that up.

Enjoying the game thus far, other than my Sim having the usual trouble with finding a mate...then again, I'm too busy getting him enough money so he can get a houseboat and cruise the islands while writing his books.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • wolffriendinuswolffriendinus Posts: 94 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wish I could say that my game wasn't lagging/freezing at all. Alas, I cannot.
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited June 2013
    Twallan said the Scotts family was acting up because they were trying to access a lot that no longer exists. It pretty much ironed itself out when I went to the main menu and back into the game.
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited June 2013
    I used Master Controller to do a Total Annihilation on the Scotts -- alas, we knew them not.

LMAO! :lol: And thanks for not hating. I hope anyone else who reads that understands. I was VERY vocal about my gameplay concerns and after playing I knew I absolutely had to eat crow!

I'm still a little conflicted over the release of my beloved ballet barre so close to the ability to sail. Aaaack! Which to do! Felt the same after the addition of the FINALLY beatiful 5th Avenue clothing so close to Dragon Valley! Talk about a misplaced family! :lol:
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wish I could say that my game wasn't lagging/freezing at all. Alas, I cannot.

Oh no! I'm really curious to know what they did differently with this expansion. I'm wondering if there are more, like me, who have seen a great improvement; and also if whatever they did messed with the gameplay of those who were fine to begin with. I hope, for you, that is not the case. :(
  • drowningmermaiddrowningmermaid Posts: 365 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Remove ErrorTrap?

Is this something I should be doing? What is it? :/
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited June 2013
    Remove ErrorTrap?

Is this something I should be doing? What is it? :/

Error Trap is a mod. If you don't know what it is, you don't have it. :wink:
  • FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I agree my game no longer lags or freezes. Also the graphics have changed, finaly I can play alot longer now, not just 2.5 hours and stop to restart. Thanks for the improvement EA.
  • lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited June 2013
    Mine still stutters a little bit but I haven't really fiddled with anything yet. There is an improvement, UL was a mess when I first got it.
  • markydeemarkydee Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Same here, I actually thought IP would seriously mess up my game. I thought that it would burden the load of all the other sims stuff I have, esp. with the addition of diving lots and houseboats, but no, you're so totally right!!

I dunno what they heck they did, but wow, even though my computer is fairly new and my game was already considerably fast, there was really something noticeable with the game's performance after I've installed IP. It's really weird...like fascinating weird. haha. Like load times are much shorter and those gray rendering items seem to load much, much quicker.

(One qualm though... the game does get quite laggy on those uncharted islands. kinda confusing coz you'd think since they're all white and covered that they'd take less time to render or whatever. meh.)

Anywaay, kudos to EA to whatever they did! I hope this continues on til the final EP. :)

• slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited June 2013
    I agree EA did a great job on this EP :D
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    edited June 2013
    This is great to hear. I'm so impatient to get my copy, but so excited - hope mine runs that smoothly!
  • ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited June 2013
    mine runs no different than it did before installing, which is to say it plays pretty good for the most part, usually with only occasional lag.
  • HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh, I hope it does the same to my game! :D
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2013
    Make sure your video card is recognized by Sims 3 because it may not be running at optimal level because it is not recognized. I have a 560 and 680 and for two years I was using the cards it was not optimized and I really never had a problem until all the posts started popping up about new cards not being recognized.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm so glad to hear that (my copy's still sitting on the back of a truck somewhere). I also have almost everything you (OP) do, minus the CC and exchange items. I haven't had much lag lately, especially since I stopped trying to pack everything but the kitchen sink into my games, but I always worry when a new EP comes out, how much more my old Toshiba Satellite can handle. Hopefully my luck will hold.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2013
    I was surprised my game didn't lag or shutter either. Just a few routing hiccups but that didn't put a damper in my game play. It was funny.

All I can do is bow to EA because the dive lots are fantastic! Houseboats are very cool. Now I need to run a resort.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • IgongeIgonge Posts: 175 Member
    edited June 2013
    I exceed the recommended requirements but a lot and I had some serious lagging issues for the first couple of sim days. But I used the "resetsim *" cheat and it seemed to sort itself out. No problems here anymore, except the game freezing every time I attempt to check-in to a resort.
    Origin ID: KeldMeld :)
  • Louise25213Louise25213 Posts: 199 Member
    edited June 2013
    This makes me want to play the game even more. I admire your post it takes a lot of guts to make a apology :D
  • holychicagoholychicago Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Alll you guys are SO FRICKEN LUCKKYYYY! I live in the UK and I have to wait til Friday :( I was so excited for this EP I preorded it the day I heard about it. Anyways to the subject, I agree with Louise a lot, it does take a lot of gut to apologize, and yes, I am VERY excited for Friday. I will be literally screaming when its on my doorstep... OMGGG IM OFF ON ONE AGAINNN!!! XXXXX :D
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, my game is running really really smoothly. Underwater play is perfect, I wonder if this is because they fixed something in patch 1.55 that is still a problem in 1.54. The game ships with 1.54 and if you patch from the EP it only takes you to 1.54. Well the first day I played the EP I played it on 1.54 just to see how it would do. It wasn't so bad, underwater seemed a bit off and blurry. Placing the stilted foundations was a bit jerky with 1.54 but overall things seemed okay. The next day I patched up to 1.55 and the difference for my game personally was noticeable. Underwater is much smoother looking and prettier. The stilted foundations are being more cooperative. And I stayed up til 1 am playing :) Maybe its coincidence...regardless I am glad they didn't just leave it at 1.54 but instead took it to 1.55 :D
    WznfzGr.gif
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2013
    My game lags when I scuba dive. But I know my graphics card is also dying because of other issues I have. Birthday isn't until August. :( I don't know when I can get a new one.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2013

Enjoying the game thus far, other than my Sim having the usual trouble with finding a mate...then again, I'm too busy getting him enough money so he can get a houseboat and cruise the islands while writing his books.

You should have started him out in a houseboat to begin with. There *are* some ready-to-move into ones included in the game. I started mine out in the little "happy houseboat", built her a nice little shelter for her steering wheel or whatever they call it, and she's been enjoying life at sea ever since.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited June 2013
    To the OP, very nice of you to make an apology thread. :D

I have just a few small lags and will turning down my graphics, a little, but I had them all up on high.

I love this ep!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.