Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for weird/interesting premade sims across all worlds

Okay so, one of my families is going crazy with the cloning feature on the science station from Uni. As fun as a clone of clone is (three sims all the same in different ages), for the rest I want to utilise the Traveler mod to visit several worlds and collect DNA samples from all kinds of weird sims. Currently I'm planning on Louis Swete from Hidden Springs, an elf from Dragon Valley (the cute mail girl I posted pictures of a while back) and maybe Cid Severus from the Uni town for his amazing hair and iconic look. I already cloned Hetty Lionheart, the bizarre looking crazy cat lady from Appaloosa Plains.

Any other unique sims out there that would make good clones? I also plan on having most of them have VERY different lives to thier DNA sources, Hetty's clone, Hetalia, is a dog lover :D
Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.

Comments

• Options
    AnniemaryAnniemary Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I have a sim that wants to clone all the time but I have never used the feature as it comes out as a baby and I wouldnt want to be tied down to another sim to look after, I do hoe ever see the fun in it and after my sim is done with uni I was thinking of having a go, but my sim is married and I was wondering is it like when you grow a plant sim and only the person that grows/makes it is the "parent" ?? because this would pee me off :O

I like my babies to have 2 parents, I was disappointed when I grew my plant baby that only the female that planted it was the parent :S also my plant sim seemed to break my game, when he was pulled out of the soil I could no longer click on anything or give tasks so I am also worried that that will happen when I clone too.
    I had to start over in another town after that incident :evil:

As to your question, I have never really paid much attention to the other sims in other worlds except for 2, one you mentioned before the mail lady and someone mentioned having a child with a male elf Tegue I think is the name of that sim and I looked for him just yesterday :P
    I will now be on the look for weird or exceptional looking sims so I can get back to you, I will try to involve pics too if I can :D
    xxxxx Laynie xxxxx
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited June 2013
    Turns out that you cant take someones DNA with you across worlds. Went to Dragon Valley, found the mail girl and got her sample, only to find it missing upon going home.

Finally found out her name too! Eavan Galadiir :p

Aside from her, I think I will add Apollo Bloom to the list, from Bridgeport. He was always the best character from that town.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I've got three clones now: Hetalia Lionheart, Lewis Swete and Elvan Galadiir. Masterful originality with the names there, right?

Hetty's clone is amusing:
    Screenshot-503_zps46913a9c.jpg
    Screenshot-515_zpsd162dd56.jpg

Always scowling, even when she's happy. She can thank her "mother's" genetic engineering for that. All the clones only inherit traits from the person doing the cloning, so I tend to get artistic and flirty children :/ Thats okay, theres five more traits that can be determined.

Lewis was cloned from possibly the most bizarre looking premade sim, Louis Swete, a green skinned elder from Hidden Springs. As a child, hi clone looks m,ostly normal, skin colour aside.
    Screenshot-518_zpsae6d7d49.jpg

But when hes a teenager and young adult..DEAR GOD
    Screenshot-519_zpsc9476415.jpg
    Screenshot-520_zps5d4cd7d3.jpg

Their collective mother is also a clone, and typically, a mad scientist. They all live in a sprawling basement complex under a regular Appaloosa Plains home. Lewis's "brother", ie the first clone, died in a fire and now haunts the basement ina hot dog costume. Awesome.
    Screenshot-531_zps9974b8b2.jpg

The final clone is my favourite. I wanted an elf from Dragon Valley, since their just regular sims with pointy ears and weird hair and skin colours. I chose the NPC mail carrier. There she is!
    Screenshot-508_zps056a7b2f.jpg

Prettiest premade sim in the entire series, doomed to a traitless existence as a store world service NPC
    Screenshot-510_zps42b0ab15.jpg
    Screenshot-511_zpsca5ab82c.jpg

She even looks good as an elder!
    Screenshot-533_zpsf8d5350b.jpg

You just cant say this isnt adorable
    Screenshot-537_zps0c7d29cf.jpg
    Screenshot-538_zps662eb10f.jpg
    Screenshot-539_zps3961dd69.jpg

Apparantly she'll look like this as a child. She needs those freckles back.
    Screenshot-535_zpsb2a08eab.jpg

Since I'm making all of the clones lead very different lives to their original counterparts, this one is the most tricky, as Eavan has no traits (What is up with EA getting lazy with service NPC traits and sim bios recently?)

Next up: Apollo Bloom and Cid Severus. I'd like to have a clone representing every world, but not many worlds actually have a very iconic or strange sim.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

• Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited June 2013
    Clone Liam O' Dourke from Hidden Springs and give him what for! :twisted:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I suppose he is pretty iconic, being the error message sim.

• Options
    TheSims2ExpanderTheSims2Expander Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    Ha, nice man. That's a pretty cool idea. And Liam is my favorite sim, you should definitely clone him. Apollo too, he's prettyyyyy sweet. ;D
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited June 2013
    Check this out; gave me a laugh:
    http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt177/japan1fan/The Sims 3/Wantedposter7.jpg
    Clearly Liam's on the run. :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hah, his clone would be a good rebel or jock. Thats part of the beauty of what I'm doing, everyone is practically polar opposites of thier source.

for example, Lewis is a charismatic people person whereas Louis is an old misanthrope who will die alone, Apollo Bloom is a very effeminate coward of a man with glorious fashion sense, whereas his clone son is growing up to be a manly man, who will be a musclebound lifeguard (Named Poseidon, lololol)

I wonder if there's any awesome premades in Isla Paradiso. I'll find out tomorrow, IP will likely be on my doorstep by the time I wake up. I have six clones already, seven once I manage to get Cid's DNA, and those seven will be added to an existing family making the full 8, so I dont have room for anyone else currently, but that doesnt mean I wont still be finding people to clone. Riverview alone has three amusing sims, the homeless old bum Lucky Perkins, the hilarious Hunter Cottoneye and everyone's favourite, Don Lothario. At least two of those would be good "opposite" clones.

This is practically becoming a third storyline at this point, ironic since the storyline I was supposed to ficus on, is the next door neighbour to the clones *eyeroll*

• Options
    pkboopkboo Posts: 218 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have a few households up in my studio that your free to download if any of them interest you. They all humans since I haven't uploaded any families since supernatural.

I do have one family in my game that I occasionally play and its kind of a genetic experiment type thing but I haven't uploaded it to the exchange. it consists of 4 elders, 2 adults & 1 child. So One set of elders are the parents of one of the adults and the other set are the parents of the 2nd adult and both adult are the parents of the child. with one the first set of elders I dragged the sliders all the way dawn on one and on the other I dragged them all the way up. so their adult child is a mix of that. For the 2nd set of elders I alternated dragging the sliders up/down the elder female/male are exact opposites with that IE: if a slider was dragged down on one then it was dragged up on the other. So their adult child is a mix of that. So the child of the 2 adults is a mixture of all of it. and all of them are witches too boot. They are by no means pretty. I want to see what how the family develops through the generations if I can ever get a family past the first few generations that is.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ive been distracted by Isla Paradiso and havent really touched this family for a bit. I did give them a speedboat and some windsurfing boards, that was awesome to see.

So far the only clone-worthy Sim in IP (Ironic that the world and expansion have the same initials) is a townie girl that's an obvious reference to The Little Mermaid. I wonder if there's an Ursula based townie in there too :D

Cid is a big problem: Traveler works differently in the Uni world, so I had to luck out and travel there 8 times to find a version of the world that even still had Cid (I had already finished a two-term run there, this was the save I first experienced uni with) Even then I couldnt clone him there, so had to invite him back to the world, and there were many crashing issues. His cloned son didn't inherit his hair either, oddly enough.

While I'm certain this will become a story thread in future, heres a few more pictures, probably the last ones unless I get that Cid clone working.
    EDIT: Posted by accident without finishing the post. Whoops

Firstly, more of the elf girls
    Screenshot-550_zpsfbba8da5.jpg

Priceless face
    Screenshot-551_zpse0f04531.jpg

I still cant believe Eavan is an EA NPC
    Screenshot-557_zpsc0c539e9.jpg

Hetalia meets her mother
    Screenshot-611_zps14b0aedf.jpg

Doomed to failure :lol:
    Screenshot-612_zps0e5267d9.jpg

To Bridgeport! To clone this amazing man. (I had to choose from about 20 pictures, Apollo makes the most amazing faces)
    Screenshot-584_zps0c60bc56.jpg

He meets his new son...
    Screenshot-602_zpsac178252.jpg

...and this is his expression :lol:
    Screenshot-603_zps901e2cb6.jpg

Opposites indeed. Another brilliant Apollo Face captured :P
    Screenshot-606_zps283c6fb0.jpg

A nice discussion before Apollo goes to work.
    Screenshot-608_zpsd9394ac7.jpg

On the last day his son went to see him before going home. This was his last memory of Apollo :lol:
    Screenshot-609_zps7051457f.jpg

Back at home, hes making good use of the new ballet barre. I intended it for the girls, but he loves exercise.
    Screenshot-616_zps3c4de0cf.jpg

There's a huge four-player game session down here :p
    Screenshot-621_zpsde76e579.jpg

While she just sits nearby with her imaginary friend, wishing she could play too
    Screenshot-623_zps0576d7b4.jpg

This is the father of Lewis, Louis Swete from Hidden Springs. I forgot to get any photos of him, besides, unlike the others, he never met Lewis :p Cid came along for the ride (and for some sampling)
    Screenshot-637_zps0ad97e86.jpg

The game crashed soon afterwards, and since then, all that has happened is this:
    Screenshot-626_zpsd4e9f55d.jpg
    Screenshot-630_zps0b4a7d79.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on

• Options
    Nevermore15Nevermore15 Posts: 87 Member
    edited July 2013
    Holy Llama your Game looks fun! I might have to try something simmilar, cause this looks like way to much fun, and my game has bored me for quite some time.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, the game never gets old when you play outside the box.

Ive played like this since TS2, you'll almost never see my playing the "intended way"

• Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love this - very entertaining. :) Thanks for the share!
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    edited July 2013
    This is a great idea! Lol might use cloning on all the most interesting Sims to get some babies for my little-old-lady-who-lives-in-a-shoe family. I couldn't figure out how to get 7 completely unique babies...but this definitely works.

I can't wait to see the Liam O'Dourke clone! He's one of my favorite premades just because I can mess with him every time I see his lovely error screen here on the site. You should turn this into a story / piture thread, it's such an interesting idea!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You could even extend it to cloning a (irl) friend's sims.

You can SORT OF get twins too, when I cloned Louis, I used testingcheatsenabled to buy a science station right inside his house. The child was cloned, then removed from the game right away because it was on someone elses lot. Didn't even get to name it, it was stuck with "Specimen 6724" as its name :p Just before the Traveler mod sent me home though, that baby reappeared in the family, after I'd cloned a second child at the vacation home.