Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise is coming...

I don't want to get into my whole life story here, so I'll keep it short.

There is this guy, he lives in America. His family used to come visit us here all the time, and now that he has grown up, he comes to visit me all the time. He knows my obsession for all things Sim, so he has always bought me the EP's and SP's that I've wanted. (And he has never accepted my money. It's kind of a win-win for me :lol: )

Anyways, it's getting very late here and I have been sick, so I wake up from sleeping a little while and my mother says to me "Nico is coming and we have have to go retrieve him. Do you want to come along?" I'm surprised, yadda yadda, and excited to see him, so I say yes.

And then my mother drops the bomb. She leaves me with "We will be getting him later. He also said he will be bringing you Island Paradise."

:shock: :shock:

I'm having a heart attack. I don't even know how he got it early. :shock: I am figuratively dying. And also very excited!! :D

O just thought I should share this, as some others have managed to get it early.

Edit: My mother uses a lot of short words and slang in her language, so that's probably why it sounds weird when I tried to convert it to english. :lol: This is my sick brain at work here, sorry! She doesn't sound that formal in real life.

Comments

• TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2013
    Awesome!! :)

*creates dating profile. Adds the sims 3 island paradise as a requirement.* :lol:

You should share some pics! :mrgreen: There's not enough eye candy of amazing house boats around! Lol
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2013
    TRachet wrote:
    Awesome!! :)

*creates dating profile. Adds the sims 3 island paradise as a requirement.* :lol:

You should share some pics! :mrgreen: There's not enough eye candy of amazing house boats around! Lol

I'd love to! Although, I'm afraid he won't be here for a few more hours. But I don't care! It's coming EARLY! :D *Happy dance*

I am, though, going to investigate and see how in the heck he got it early :shock: It doesn't come out until 28th of June. Or 25th in America. But still.
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2013
    :lol:

I heard that Target stores had them out on the shelves already! :shock:
    (And every store in Brazil. :lol: )

Either way, I think your crazy lucky! This pack has a lot of hype!
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited June 2013
    Read the title and just had to do this :lol:

39046917.jpg
  • kirbydeekirbydee Posts: 123
    edited June 2013
    That's awesome! What a catch! Feel free to send him my way lol my bf doesn't even buy my sims for me T-T Then again, I tend to buy them as soon as humanly possible which leaves him no chance.

Did she maybe mishear him? And he meant that when he gets there and it's out then he'll buy it for you? I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but I know how sad I was when I rushed to my local Target after hearing the news and was disappointed. Like he wanted her to tell you so that you can cancel a preorder or not worry about trying to go out and buy it while you're sick since he's olanning on buying it for you when he gets there?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited June 2013
    edited June 2013
    kirbydee wrote:
    Did she maybe mishear him? And he meant that when he gets there and it's out then he'll buy it for you? I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but I know how sad I was when I rushed to my local Target after hearing the news and was disappointed. Like he wanted her to tell you so that you can cancel a preorder or not worry about trying to go out and buy it while you're sick since he's olanning on buying it for you when he gets there?

Well, considering my mothers english isn't great, she could have misheard him :shock: And then all this hype would have been for nothing! I couldn't help but laugh at myself, though. :lol:

I guess I just connected the points too quickly, but I still think he might bring it. I'm just being optimistic, but considering his good record at bringing me EP's, it might not be too far of a stretch!
    edited June 2013
    I kept bugging my mother to tell me exactly what he said, but she says he said nothing else, just "I'm bringing her Island Paradise."

I am very much hoping that he means exactly that! :lol:

Also, my posts were at 666.
    dancingalien.gif
    edited June 2013
    Ifreshyeh wrote:
    Well, considering my mothers english isn't great, she could have misheard him :shock: And then all this hype would have been for nothing! I couldn't help but laugh at myself, though. :lol:

I guess I just connected the points too quickly, but I still think he might bring it. I'm just being optimistic, but considering his good record at bringing me EP's, it might not be too far of a stretch!

Well I'm crossing my fingers for you! That would be exciting!
    edited June 2013
    HE BROUGHT IT. OH MY GOODNESS I'M DYING :shock:

AH! AHHH!
    edited June 2013
    Okay, sorry, I haven't let my inner child out in a while. I am just so excited :shock:

I'm freaking out... And am installing as we speak. This is the best day for me in a long time...
    edited June 2013
    Yay! That's cool! How did he get it?! Did he have a layover in Brazil?! Lol ;)
    edited June 2013
    kirbydee wrote:

Actually, I haven't asked him. I should, though! I'm just taking this time to post in the thread to get rid of my excitement! I may not be back for a very long time. :lol: It feels like it is taking forever to install :-o I'm bursting on the inside... Anyways, I'll ask him before he goes to sleep, he seems very tired.
    edited June 2013
    Awww let him sleep. 48 hours won't kill me to wait. Hoping he sleeps long enough for you to get enough play time and enjoy it. :)

P.S. I don't know your life story, but you need to marry this guy hahaha ;)
    edited June 2013
    kirbydee wrote:

He got it in a Target store... Will he get in trouble for that?? :shock:
    I heard they were not supposed to sell it until the 25th... I hope he isn't in trouble.

Also, I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bragging. I promise that wasn't my intention at all, I was just really happy. :D
  • VanillaCupcakessVanillaCupcakess Posts: 194 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't see why he would get in trouble for buying it early. The Target store that sold it to him would be a fault, they put it on the self and let people buy it.

No worries! we all understand how exciting it is to get a new EP let alone early! Have fun! :D
    edited June 2013
    You're not bragging. You are deservedly excited. :)

That's cool. He won't be in any trouble. I doubt even Target will get in any real trouble.
    edited June 2013
    Oh, okay good! :D

Also, I can't even believe I could rip myself away from IP. That world is huge!!
    MY first ever houseboat:

Screenshot-17_zps916ba9cc.jpg

It needs some work but I wanted to start small.
    edited June 2013
    Aw Thanks for sharing pics with us! your house boat is cute! I have a feeling I'm gonna love the all in one shower thing, oh and the tv! and the refrigerator! I so can't wait till Tuesday!
  • brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited June 2013
    So jealous! I have to wait until 10 PM tomorrow to start downloading it. Sigh
  • TheDarkCynderTheDarkCynder Posts: 24
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like Target is in line for a potential lawsuit.

Ouch. EA is not a company to mess up with in this manner.
    edited June 2013
    I don't think it is in the gravity of a lawsuit. I mean, it's released in all of Brazil! I still don't know how he managed to actually get it though. Hopefully now lawsuits either.
    edited June 2013
    Also, some other simmers mentioned lag in Isla Paradiso. I haven't experience much lag at all, really.
    Actually, it's pretty smooth! Just in Town View, it's a bit slower, but then again, it's a huge world!
    Also, to put it in perspective, I have an average/semi-good gaming computer, I'm not playing on an Alienware or anything :lol: So you shouldn't worry too much.

And the water near the shore is very beautiful, resembling Sunlit Tides a bit. (The water, that is.)
    Pictures :)

Screenshot-19_zps5e8b1145.jpg

Screenshot-20_zpsb3457e0f.jpg

Screenshot-21_zpsf777ea13.jpg
    edited June 2013
    They might get fined. It won't be a huge hit though. Target is everywhere and doing well for itself. I think. Besides, most people I know get their EA games from Target. EA may a force to reckon with, but Target is a huge mover of their products. It'd be biting the hand that feeds them.

Thanks for sharing the pic! Super cute!
    edited June 2013
    Why would EA have a problem with Target releasing it early? Sure it makes people mad who pre-ordered it and have not gotten theirs yet and they complain and all but in the end EA still gets the money from people buying it,This happens every time there is a new EP coming out nothings going to happen.