Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Finding Myself" Chapter one now posted.

Hello, some of you may know who I am, some of you don't. My name is Heidi, and I spend most of my time in the GG forum area. This is my very first time here, and my very first time making a story/legacy/challenge public. I have wanted to do this for a while, and I think now is the time for me to do so. Please bare with me as I am not a writer. I am doing this for fun. I will be telling My teen runaway's story through lets play videos, and also through a more detailed story line here. I stumbled upon this challenge a while ago and it really interested me. I will be modifying it a little bit for my personal likes and wants. Here is the link to the original challenge.

Enough of my talking, Here is the prelude.

Prelude

457205095baafe48a27e389cb812a5dd1428125.jpg

The relentless sun beat down on her. Disgusted with the heat, she sat up and climbed out of her sleeping bag. "where am I?" The girl wondered out loud. She was sitting in a small clearing in the woods. Surrounded by what looked like a very old building. Something that time had ravaged and had been crumbling for decades. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and tried to remember how she had gotten there. Her head was pounding and hazy, she found it impossible to remember. "Why am I here?" Panic was increasingly creeping in as she tried to remember anything. "Who am I? I can remember my name!" She exclaimed panic stricken. She stood up and started to look around, hoping to find anything that would trigger a memory. On the ground close to where she had slept was a backpack. "Is this mine? I wonder what is in it." The girl riffled through the contents of the bag for any clues as to why she was there, and more importantly, who she was. In the bag she found a few articles of clothing, a couple of pairs of shoes, a student ID card, and a crumpled up piece of paper that said: "Stay hidden! Stay safe! I love you!"

33c6b647e58a8df54f34ff1eaebf9db51428125.jpg

Was this a warning that was meant for her? She looked at the student ID card. "Lilly Johnson, hmm. Is that my name?" The girl staring back at her in the photo looked just like her, though she didn't know that. She had no idea what she looked like. She pressed her fingers to her face, and gently felt around. She started at her eyebrows, then to her eyes, and nose, then her mouth and chin. "Hmm. Maybe this is me" She said. "My name is Lilly Johnson."

a88b6f1e2d3eb053ff27dc7eb1ebc1cd1428125.jpg

There will be chapters, and videos posted soon. This is just a little sneak peek into the story line. I hope you all enjoy what you have read. :)

Comments

• Options
    godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited June 2013

Chapter one: Hunger

3c9c04d177b928caa8a013154d2128b41428125.jpg

The enticing aroma of my freshly caught fish wafted in my direction as I roasted it over the fire. My empty stomach growled in response. I was so hungry I would have eaten it raw if I wasn't so afraid I would be sick. I turned my meal carefully over the crackling fire, letting the flames caress and lick each part of the flesh. I let my mind wander while I waited for my fish to cook. It had been three days since I first woke up not knowing myself, or where I was. It didn't take long to figure out my name. Thankfully I had a student I.D. in my backpack. I had found out a little about me, my name is Lilly Johnson, I am sixteen, and a Sophomore in high school. That I.D. a few changes of clothes, and a letter of warning were the only clues I had. I still didn't understand what that letter meant. "Stay hidden! Stay safe! I love you!" I said the words out loud trying to make sense of them. The sound of my voice hung in the quiet darkness. I looked down at my fish, it was finally finished cooking. "Thank God!" I took the first bite and the warm flaky meat practically melted in my mouth. This was the first thing I had eaten since I woke up, and I scarfed it down with the voraciousness of a shark. The fish was small, I didn't know what kind it was, but it wasn't enough to fill me up completely. It was enough to quiet my stomach for the night though, and that would have to be enough.

ac380485cbea13794cd6f7034d1ab5c21428125.jpg

I finished my paltry meal, and went into my "home", if that is what you could call it. At least I would have some what of a roof over my head tonight. The first two nights were rough. Though it was summer, the nights were cold, and fresh dew would collect in the early morning hours making sleeping outside miserable. I sat there in my meager shelter thinking about the past few days, and what I had done to survive. Guilt tugged at my conscience, and I shook my head trying to clear it. "I had to do it." I said the words out loud to convince myself that what I did was necessary. It may have been wrong, but I needed to steal in order to survive.

f49190d42fab3506e8c8cd1c113c159e1428125.jpg

I had spent almost an hour crouched behind that fence waiting for her to finish hanging the laundry. It was my hunger that first drew me in, if it wasn't for that garden I might not have stopped. My mouth was salivating as I prepared to jump the fence and claim some of the food that my body desperately needed. That was when she came out with a full basket of laundry. I watched her for that entire hour hanging all those sheets, and blankets. They looked like they belonged to a small child, who no doubt had an accident during the night. I didn't care. The moment I saw them I knew that I needed them. My mind began thinking of different ways that I could use them. I needed shelter, there was no other way around it. I would die if I didn't get it, and those sheets were going to be mine. The woman finished her laundry, and walked in the house. I took my time sneaking over there, I didn't want to be caught. Ever since I read that message I had taken it to heart. I slowly crept across the yard, not even stopping to pick some food. No, that would have to wait until after I got those sheets. I reached up, un-pinned them, and gathered them up in my arms. They were wet, and still smelled slightly of urine. Quietly I ran back to my previous hiding spot, my hands were full and I needed to put down the sheets to go pick some food. I had just dropped the sheets when I heard the screen door squeak open...

"I will be back in about an hour honey! Did you want anything from the store while I am out?"

My heart raced, as I ran into the woods for cover. I wasn't seen, but it was close. I had to be more careful. I couldn't risk being caught. I peered out from behind a tree waiting for the woman's husband to pull away before I could go grab some food. He was walking to the car when he stopped to look at something..

"I thought you said you hung Mary's sheets out on the line."

The woman called back.

"I did honey, they wont be dry for a while yet. I had to hose them off pretty good."

The husband stood there scratching his head. Apparently they wern't used to being robbed. I felt the guilt ball up in my stomach as I watched these poor people try to figure out what had happened to their daughters bedding. I couldn't watch anymore. I ran through the woods with my stolen prize hoping that I didn't run into anyone else. I would have to find food elsewhere. My stomach protested my decision, but I couldn't risk stealing anymore from them right now. I had to stay hidden.

4f88b970b7fa1d18892ec2869901c4001428125.jpg

I had run for maybe a mile through the woods, when I saw a slight clearing up ahead. I slowed my pace so my footsteps would be more quiet. In the middle of the clearing stood an old building, It was in poor shape and obviously abandoned. It looked like it was an old school, or maybe hospital. I wasn't sure. There was trash in the now overgrown yard, and the windows were boarded up. Only the bottom windows were boarded, and there was a few sheets of plywood laying on the ground. Someone had left their job unfinished, probably thinking that the upper windows didn't need boarding up. There boards were all defaced by graffiti, it was obvious that nobody was going to need them. I would have to come back to get them, my hands were full and I needed to drop my bedding off at my hiding spot.

3bd0f558876f668809549c79730894ce1428125.jpg

It was mid afternoon by the time I had reached the clearing again. I was going to have to hurry up if I didn't want to sleep outside again. I walked over to the boarded up windows and looked them over. They were barley tacked on. "Good" I said, this was going to be a little easier than I had thought. With a little effort I pulled the first one free. The nails still clung to the wood. I mentally thanked whoever it was that haphazardly had done their job. Now I would have some nails to help me out. There were six boards all together, and it took me two trips, but I was able to get them all. I spent most of the rest of the day building my shelter. I didn't have enough wood, and I was left with a gap in one of the walls. The bedding that I had "acquired" earlier would have to suffice as a wall for now. At least I wasn't going to have to sleep outside in the cold wet dark tonight. For that I was thankful.

1d8a74a9196efc624dba0e5e61aa40d81428125.jpg

I laid down and tried to quiet my thoughts. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. With a warm meal in my stomach, and a roof over my head, my fears for the moment were put to rest, and I was finally able to get a good nights sleep.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Now open for posting. :)

I am open to constructive criticism, but not meanness and put downs.

Please remember that I am not a writer. I have had no training, I didn't even finish school. This is something that I am doing for fun.
  • Options
    imawesomererimawesomerer Posts: 400 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm excited!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm excited!!

Yaay.. me too.. :) lol I already have some twists planned out.
  • Options
    4067567240675672 Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh my goodness! I'm really intrigued to see more! So far I loved it and it was just a sneak peek! I love it, totally bookmarked and waiting for more! :D
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2013
    hey godshelpio, this is soo cool what a fun challenge and i cant wait for updates, bookmarked :)
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited June 2013
    nice prelude, looking forward to seeing where you take this
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited June 2013
    hmm...this seems interesting. Never heard of the challenge before...should be fun.
  • Options
    mfb426mfb426 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited June 2013
    I like the beginning! This seems like an interesting story/challenge. Bookmarked! :D
    output_npUBOD.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Chapter one is up! :) enjoy the read everyone.

• Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited June 2013
    nice start
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    4067567240675672 Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited June 2013
    I loved the first chapter!! Absolutely loved it! You did a great job! :D
  • Options
    PaubloPowersPaubloPowers Posts: 900 Member
    edited June 2013

The enticing aroma of my freshly caught fish wafted in my direction as I roasted it over the fire.

Hi there, I'm popping in to say hello. I like your story, it's interesting that a person would feel so isolated in a sims 3 town, which is usually friendly.... Hmph, I didn't have a chance to read everything that you have here,

But I did notice some grammatical and word-usage errors. Of course, that is not the end-all, be-all.

For instance, the quote in bold would be confusing to reader, because how would you smell the scent of a fresh fish, if you're already cooking it, over a fire?

I wouldn't mind if you submitted a story to my website. I have no problem in spending extra time to help edit your story...

The world of anxious writers needs editors. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The enticing aroma of my freshly caught fish wafted in my direction as I roasted it over the fire.

Hi there, I'm popping in to say hello. I like your story, it's interesting that a person would feel so isolated in a sims 3 town, which is usually friendly.... Hmph, I didn't have a chance to read everything that you have here,

But I did notice some grammatical and word-usage errors. Of course, that is not the end-all, be-all.

For instance, the quote in bold would be confusing to reader, because how would you smell the scent of a fresh fish, if you're already cooking it, over a fire?

I wouldn't mind if you submitted a story to my website. I have no problem in spending extra time to help edit your story...

I would really love that, thank you. I am not the best writer, in fact I didn't even finish school so I sometimes struggle with my grammar and spelling. I work very hard when I do write. I can understand what you meant when you said the reader might be confused by the wording. Though I didn't mean to say that the fish was fresh, I meant that it was freshly caught. :)
  • Options
    PaubloPowersPaubloPowers Posts: 900 Member
    edited June 2013
    godshelpio wrote:

I would really love that, thank you. I am not the best writer, in fact I didn't even finish school so I sometimes struggle with my grammar and spelling. I work very hard when I do write. I can understand what you meant when you said the reader might be confused by the wording. Though I didn't mean to say that the fish was fresh, I meant that it was freshly caught. :)

well, Then by all means, submit a sample along with a banner or picture of your story or legacy or generation of a legacy and let's get started.
  • Options
    mfb426mfb426 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited July 2013
    I liked the first chapter :) You did a great job of explaining how Lily gathered materials for her shelter. I'm eager for the next installment! :D
    output_npUBOD.gif
  • Options
    zeejay21zeejay21 Posts: 11
    edited July 2013
    So is this continuing?

Oh, godshelpio, you requested a sig and a banner in this thread?

You should check it out, your request is done by the forum members (including me). :)
  • Options
    jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited July 2013
    I like it!! Very interesting, makes me wonder what happens next!!
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • Options
    beckles123beckles123 Posts: 679 Member
    edited July 2013
    realy good read can't wait to read more :3
  • Options
    leep45508leep45508 Posts: 3,910 Member
    edited July 2013
    Fantastic :) i really cant wait to read more :)
  • Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi there! Great job so far! :thumbup:

I stumbled upon this, and it's been super fun to read. I'm excited to see what's going to happen next. :wink: