Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to use Food Processor

Ok so I've been gone from the sims for a while now and coming back for the new EP coming out next week. Been testing out a few things but I seem to have found an issue that I never had before....

I'm not sure why but at some point my sim becomes unable to use the food processor (and perhaps other cooking items too)

He'll put the food in the processor, shred it, and when he goes to take it out he complains that something is blocking his path and stops cooking.

there is nothing blocking his path. I've even tried it outside with plenty of counters and space.

Not sure what causes it... I use resetsim and then he works fine again, and then sometimes it happens again...

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It seems to happen whenever my Sim wants to get the bowl out to stir the meal in progress.

Comments

• Options
    ladyloialladyloial Posts: 537 Member
    edited June 2013
    usually replacing the item with a new one will fix it, if they are too tired and their motives to low, they will act weird and not function right until they get at least one of the bars up some, I keep apples and such in their inventory something they can eat right away to help with that, if it's not that then try replacing the object with a new one?
    aaagXEr5xv_zps9aeuclrp.jpg
  • Options
    blaknwiteblaknwite Posts: 191 New Member
    edited June 2013
    ladyloial wrote:
    usually replacing the item with a new one will fix it, if they are too tired and their motives to low, they will act weird and not function right until they get at least one of the bars up some, I keep apples and such in their inventory something they can eat right away to help with that, if it's not that then try replacing the object with a new one?

No, it's def. not something like that, I tried new objects, new counters, motives high, it's something else that's causing it.

It may not be related at all, BUT I have noticed that this tends to happen sometimes after I tend to the produce stall. The one that comes with the venue at the sims 3 store.

Maybe it's just coincidence though.
  • Options
    ladyloialladyloial Posts: 537 Member
    edited June 2013
    hmmn, is there a gnome on the floor nearby or anything, or a picture on the wall nearby one that came from the festival? that will do it too, other than that I hope someone comes along that has a better answer to help you out

edit: typo

edit: oh and I've had no problems with the cart, I've used it quite often, but anything is possible
    aaagXEr5xv_zps9aeuclrp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ladyloial wrote:
    hmmn, is there a gnome on the floor nearby or anything, or a picture on the wall nearby one that came from the festival? that will do it too, other than that I hope someone comes along that has a better answer to help you out

edit: typo

edit: oh and I've had no problems with the cart, I've used it quite often, but anything is possible

Nope, and the strange thing is, when it does happen (which again, isn't always) if I reset my sim, without touching any of the objects and send him to cook up something again, it works like a charm...

I also noticed that when I resetsim after the cooking didn't work a little tiny shadow appears on the floor nearby which cannot be clicked on.

I was curious so I used moveobjects on and then I could pick it up, it is labeled as "food" and can be deleted with moveobjects on.

Not sure if the 2 things are connected but that's all I got so far :\
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just a bump to see if anyone else has any ideas :\
  • Options
    miaameliamiaamelia Posts: 5 New Member
    Nope, there's nothing you're doing wrong. For items such as that, use a blender. For more strong material, use the FP. The quality of pesto is about as loose as I'd go in a PF.
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2013, it has probably lost its significance for OP. So, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top