Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge for TS3

Comments

• judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited July 2009
    OK I'm going to try this! Will probably fail miserably but maybe it will be fun to watch her suffer for a while :lol: I've created clara Nohome, moved her on to 15 Summerhill court... she bought a bed, a picnic basket and a guitar. Has 125 left! I made her a virtuso, loves the outdoors,handy, charismatic...shoot, now can't remember the last trait, Ohhhh she's an angler! Hope these traits help her survive!
  • masquraemasqurae Posts: 23 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I just started a legacy! If any of y'all want to check it out and give me some feedback, that'd be awesome! Thanks! :)

(Link's in my siggy)
  • SimKarmaSimKarma Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I saw someone mention it earlier, but can't remember which thread it was in... I am currently putting together a blog to "showcase" TS3 challenges, mainly legacies. So if you have a story running for it, drop me a message. I'm still figuring out the forums thing, this is really the first time I've used a forum like this and not an email one *blushes*. If all else fails, just email me... simkarma at gmail dot com. If you can, give me a bit of a teaser for your story/blog in the email as well as a link. I'll try to make an image if you don't have one to go with it. *smiles*

Sooooooooo with that all babbled out and probably completely incomprehensible, the link to the blog that will be hosting this amazing feat (because once I start back in college it will be amazing if I can keep up)... http://simkarma09.wordpress.com/

Yep, pitiful... not updated with anything as of this posting.. but will have rules mometarily.

*huge squishy hugs*
    SimKarma
  • ibstinkypoohibstinkypooh Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2009
    I started my first ever legacy a couple of days ago. Boy was it hard not to use the money cheat. I have a picture on my page about poor Brooke Rothschilde starting out with just a bed and toilet.

My first child, because of the randomizing during picking traits, has the love of the outdoors and is evil. This will definitely be interesting because she (Anne) is the heir.
  • TaylorJaneTaylorJane Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    so did this start already??
    if it did can someone tell me where the rules and all that jazz is because I've never done it before
  • bdintexasbdintexas Posts: 18 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Time to start the challenge, with 4th of July as the start date. Thanks, I am looking forward to it!
  • Resender1Resender1 Posts: 193 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I got a question
    I'm on generation 1/2 in Riverview and I looked all over town but their no to little mates available for my heir

And the town is slowly emptying out, am I allowed to populate the town with new created families.
    Both to get a mate for my heir and get more families in
  • i_c_f_89i_c_f_89 Posts: 140 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Resender1 wrote:
    I got a question
    I'm on generation 1/2 in Riverview and I looked all over town but their no to little mates available for my heir

And the town is slowly emptying out, am I allowed to populate the town with new created families.

I'm sure thats allowed. Just randomize traits, etc. when you create them. That way you're not breaking any rules :?
  • i_c_f_89i_c_f_89 Posts: 140 New Member
    edited July 2009
    TaylorJane wrote:
    so did this start already??
    if it did can someone tell me where the rules and all that jazz is because I've never done it before

Rules are Here
    Good luck!
  • heidismilesheidismiles Posts: 502 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i_c_f_89 wrote:
    Resender1 wrote:
    I got a question

I'm sure thats allowed. Just randomize traits, etc. when you create them. That way you're not breaking any rules :?

No - you can't marry or move in ANY player-created (or downloaded) Sims. However, your female Sims can breed with them without moving in. Also, if those Sims have children born IN GAME, your heirs are free to marry those children when they grow up. Remembering that you cannot switch your active household at any time.

For Resender1: if you have time to wait for some new mates to move in, you could always move out some of the families (evict them and delete them from the clipboard) to make room for fresh blood. It takes some time though, and there are no guarantees that the new ones will be any better. Also, I do NOT recommend emptying the whole town. You need a full town so that your Sim can socialize, have opportunities, etc. And if you're relying on park picnic baskets for sustenance, you can say bye-bye to those if you don't have enough Sims!
    edited July 2009
    I've added families to replace those gone
    Problem is my town is emptying cause bachelor sims are dying leaving no one around to carry on their families.

My current heir is a teenage boy and theirs only 3 teenage girls in the entire neighbourhood both from the sims families placed there by the developers(wife of my founder is a child from one of the existing families), 2 of 3 have the rich trait, while the 3th one is simply not interested in my heir.

I added 3 families and gotten my heir involved with the daughter of 1 of these 3 (I created her in CAS but made it so that she and her parents are completely random sims).

So what you would say is ditch that girl and hope the game spawns new female teenagers.

I do have time but I rather have my heir have children off his own as oon as possible.

I were to start over am I allowed to place families of my own and get involved with any sim that gets born ingame from those families.

Gonna start over tomorrow
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • heidismilesheidismiles Posts: 502 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Resender1 wrote:
    So what you would say is ditch that girl and hope the game spawns new female teenagers.
    Yeah, I mean, if you wanted to follow the rules to the letter, you can't move them in.
    I were to start over am I allowed to place families of my own and get involved with any sim that gets born ingame from those families.
    For this, the answer is definitely yes. Any Sims born in-game are eligible for marriage/move-in. So you are free to populate your town with beautiful Sims for this purpose :)

Oh, and for the "rich" rule - Pinstar changed it. The rule only applies to your founder Sim. Your heirs can marry Rich sims if they want to (usually they don't bring in much money anyways).

Rules: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/39862.page
    edited July 2009
    OK I decided to restart, to get Riverview a little more colour and families
    I'm going to add families before I start the legacy
  • simphonysimphony Posts: 63 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that has had trouble finding love in Riverview. Every time I go out on the "town" the only people are white haired older folks. My sim is Evil too so the few younger people she ran into were good and that creates a trait incompatibility. But my evil little sim was still able to charm her way into a good man's heart.

I just think of the scarce prospects as an added challenge.

http://theyoungbloodlegacy.blogspot.com/
    edited July 2009
    It took me forever to find a suitable mate for my sim, and now that she has found someone, she thinks he's rich!! :roll: I am wondering if he is just roomies with others so this makes him appear rich because this happened to my other sim too- she married Stiles then realized he had little money!

I read legacy rules again,it said founder was not allowed to marry anyone rich... but if she thinks everyone is rich who is she supposed to marry????

• KVvin2081KVvin2081 Posts: 75 Member
    edited July 2009
    Did Pinstar already Posted the Legacy Rules
  • bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited July 2009
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/39862.page

n_n there you go, that be the rules
    edited July 2009
    Ok, well, I've started over with new game using same sim- Clara Nohome. I'm thinking she waited too long to find love interest because all of the available ones had either made too much money, moved away- or married!

Also, is this cheating? :lol: probably is but anyway... I created local homeless shelter, stocked it with most necessities needed and now Clara is staying there and using lot for her garden! She does have a bed there so she can sleep there when she gets too tired from gardening...she also makes sure to recycle papers and pay bills. And, she is only using shelter until her garden gets going a little better!
  • Simbi0seSimbi0se Posts: 205 Member
    edited July 2009
    I read legacy rules again,it said founder was not allowed to marry anyone rich... but if she thinks everyone is rich who is she supposed to marry????

Mine got pregnant without getting married. And by her boss too! Oooooh.... But I'd like her to get married before she has another baby.
  • debakadeb1debakadeb1 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My founder is living with a guy -- has six babies (all twins). They have never become"parters" but I think they will be together until death. Both with the Family trait so this was helpful. I don't think there will be any more fertility treatments in my family...way too many people in one household to deal with :)

I chose Sunset Valley for my legacy. Primarily because you can always eat at the gym, shower at the gym...basically everything but sleep.I began with a double bed (in hopes of a baby) -- they still have their original bed! I'll need to move some of the kids out eventually but not until one of the oldest finds a mate...
  • Lindsay197372Lindsay197372 Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2009
    My sim managed to snare herself a husband and had two sons.The first born will be the heir so far.It was very hard not to cheat but so far so good
  • AnaMacanovicAnaMacanovic Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm allready on generation 3,and gen.4 babies are allready teens,and I'm really happy :D
    edited July 2009
    Question

Is my founder allowed to get relationship with a sim of 1 of the families that was already present in Riverview
    I mean 1 of the families placed by the developers
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • speckypeckspeckypeck Posts: 220 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My sim's wife is almost at the end of her life. *sob*. I've never let a sim die before.
  • Coleyb29Coleyb29 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I am totally loving the legacy challenge...I have never done it before, but it gives me purpose to play sims now. I used to use cheats, so it would boring fast but not now, I end up playing for hours. :P

So I started with a female young adult, Lorelei, she ended up having a baby with a townsperson. The "house" was the size of the twin bed, with room beside it to walk in. Lorelei now has a 2 bed, 2 bath house valued at $29,000. With $7000 in cash. She is now an elder, but her daughter who is a young adult now, Isabella is pregnant. So everything is going good, except the lifetime wants, I have the hardest time fulfilling those especially while being a single parent. But I am going to try to do it all without being married, unless they wish for it.