Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge for TS3

Comments

• msmetoyermsmetoyer Posts: 200 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm pretty shocked to see that this thread hasn't moved... Guess everyone is off creating their legacies...

I was interested to see how everyone is doing thus far. Progress reports??
  • jeremysipesjeremysipes Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2009
    My founder was a YA male, named Shane Storm, He has the Neat, Lucky, Green Thumb, Excitable, Heavy Sleeper traits. LFT is renaissance Sim. Um He went into the Medical Career, and let see didn't do anything but garden, and work on his house and concentrate on doctoring all through his YA years.

Now finally an adult he wooed and married River McIrish, now River Storm. Who was impregnated on the wedding night, gave birth to a healthy baby boy named Johnny.

River is took the time of the pregnancy to work on her guitarist skills for her future attempt at rock stardom before death should claim her. Young Johnny is now a couple days into being a toddler.

Shane has taken 13,000 of the family simoleans and invested them into the diner, and grocery store already as a "plan for the future" I am hoping that this and the other investments the first generation or 2 can make will allow the future generations to "own" the town as it were.

**edit baby johnny rolled the Brave, and Couch Potato traits on birth lol.
  • capricorn122390capricorn122390 Posts: 59 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Has he posted the rules for the new legacy challenge anywhere in this thread? I don't really feel like reading 70 something pages.
  • capricorn122390capricorn122390 Posts: 59 New Member
    edited June 2009
    KindaBlue wrote:
    Hey: The rules are posted as a new topic already!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/39862.page

:)

Nevermind! Ignore my last question! :D
  • msmetoyermsmetoyer Posts: 200 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My founder, a YA female is heading the Matriarch family. Sabrina is klepto, handy, workaholic, schmoozer, ambitious (this is trult a new trait pool for me!). She mated with Don Lothario, and had Franchesca (Brave, Athletic) after starting the political career track and getting to level 3. Once the baby was born, Sabrina moved Don in for the support in raising her. He only brought $3000... and a freaking spawned child of his own (she is currently live in nanny since I can't do much else with her). Sabrina just had her spare, Domonique Matriarch (born Brave and a Couch Potato dice roll). Off to play now. Since someone's interested :wink: I'll update with better details next time.
  • Emaira0502Emaira0502 Posts: 62 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay! :-o
    Priorities...Family, Friends, Sims!!
    200.gif
  • DayijaDayija Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm so excited! This is the very first legacy challenge I've done. I just started mine today. My founder is a YA female named Alana Sung. She's very artistic, hopeless romantic, great kisser, flirty and extremely frugal! She hasn't found anyone yet but she's going places in her music career.
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2009
    StephenTM wrote:
    Now now, New Jersey does have something...

Well the Statue of Liberty is apparently on the New Jersey side. That's something. >_>

I got the heck out of Jersey quite recently. Not regretting it one bit :)
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • RoboxRobox Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    StephenTM wrote:
    Now now, New Jersey does have something...

Well the Statue of Liberty is apparently on the New Jersey side. That's something. >_>

I got the heck out of Jersey quite recently. Not regretting it one bit :)

you sir, are lucky. Jersey has just about the worst weather i've ever seen. it's either way hot, cold, or raining. where in jersey were you from?
  • OrionsBlade9OrionsBlade9 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    *insert major excitement here* :mrgreen:
  • LDYCAPONELDYCAPONE Posts: 197 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Not a newbie but real quick, Legacy family is ... pretty much a family u start and keep it going, right?

=]
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited June 2009
    Created Hawn Brekk Kingson - Legacy Founder (1 point)

This is going to be awesome! Thanks Pinstar :D
  • TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited June 2009
    msmetoyer wrote:
    I'm pretty shocked to see that this thread hasn't moved... Guess everyone is off creating their legacies...

I was interested to see how everyone is doing thus far. Progress reports??

Read my story by clicking on my signature :mrgreen:

/cheers
    Of Kings and Castles
  • AvastraAvastra Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, my Legacy famly just lucked out in a BIG way! My founder Elsie Torrington has just become pregnant with her boyfriend Dean. They're not married yet but she's about to ask him to marry her. But before she has a chance to do that she gets an oppurtunity to deliver 3 excellen or better quality veggies to none other then her boyfriend for some cash. So, as she's a good gardener, she does just that and gets the money. And NOW, suddenly, she has over 81'000 in her account! She had just over 3000 before (I was saving up to extend her tiny box of a house in time for the wedding and the baby).
    I don't know if this was some sort of glitch or if she really lucked out because it's her boyfriend and father of her unborn child, but she's happy alright! Now she can finally afford a bathroom! :D
  • nurse11031nurse11031 Posts: 1,756 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My legacy is done as a story if any one wants to check it out!! My biggest dilemma is my founder fell in love with Mortimer Goth and since he is rich he can't move in and she cant marry him so... she just had his babies!!! :)
  • ChikimunkiChikimunki Posts: 183 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Is it against the rules to not save when a baby is born with a trait you really don't want?
  • kfj0304kfj0304 Posts: 83 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Chikimunki wrote:
    Is it against the rules to not save when a baby is born with a trait you really don't want?

Yes because you're supposed to roll the dice and keep whatever you get. You can play however you want, but technically that's not allowed.
  • KatieBug4KatieBug4 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    can't wait!
  • MarySweetMarySweet Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Chikimunki wrote:

If its a handicap ? I guess that you can do that but like maybe you're suppose to minus yourself a point or more for having done it. maybe?
  • Jake_960Jake_960 Posts: 334 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Has the challenge rules been posted yet or have I missed something? :shock: :?:

I made a legacy on TS2, but got bored eventually. And I didn't want to continue to be honest, my heir married Aiyana Thorne, and he took her last name :evil:.

:twisted:I did kill her though!
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited June 2009
    nurse11031 wrote:
    My legacy is done as a story if any one wants to check it out!! My biggest dilemma is my founder fell in love with Mortimer Goth and since he is rich he can't move in and she cant marry him so... she just had his babies!!! :)

:lol: I love illegitimate children.
  • speckypeckspeckypeck Posts: 220 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Things are moving slowly. You can check it out here

http://legendary.sims3legacy.com/

There are plenty of other legacy blogs to check out as well at http://sims3legacy.com/

3667671343_df93a2e51f_o.jpg
  • graceangelgraceangel Posts: 37 Member
    edited June 2009
    Man, i was so waiting to see if you'd do this! Someone the other day was talking about a "farm family" challenge.. I'm losely playing with one now to test that out.
  • RikkuRebecaRikkuRebeca Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    *gasp* *fangirl scream *faints*

Lol, I got so excited to see you here XD. I'll be looking forward to the legacy challenge, maybe this time I'll actually do it =)
  • giggle_29_girlgiggle_29_girl Posts: 91 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Cool. I'm trying.

Avoiding cheats is so hard. The only difficult part is really mood cheats during pregnancies.