Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge for TS3

Comments

• SiminaboxSiminabox Posts: 178 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I should so make stephen my founder sim. XD Then I'll make him marry skunky and they can have me as a baby. :D

Or I'll make stephen marry a man and adopt a baby... Am I the only one who misses the ability for men to get pregnant?
  • ktg106ktg106 Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm looking forward to this! I've made my dude already, but I'm impatient and wanted to play him, so he's been jogging around, EVERYWHERE! And doing a bit of fishing - I didn't want to play too much in case I broke a rule!

But I came here this afternoon (UK time 2:10pm) thinking 58 pages, wooo rules are up! But they're not :(

So I've got myself some Cajun Squirrel crisps & some strawberry milkshake, and I'll be refreshing until the rules come

I'm cool like that!

Hehe!
  • StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited June 2009
    I wish coffee IRL was like in The Sims. Woo! Look at me! I can stay awake for three hours even though my energy bar is all the way down, YAY!

But alas, that cannot be. :(

My vision is blurry and I have bags under my eyes. My energy bar is totally drained. LOL.
    edited June 2009
    ktg106 wrote:
    I'm looking forward to this! I've made my dude already, but I'm impatient and wanted to play him, so he's been jogging around, EVERYWHERE! And doing a bit of fishing - I didn't want to play too much in case I broke a rule!

But I came here this afternoon (UK time 2:10pm) thinking 58 pages, wooo rules are up! But they're not :(

So I've got myself some Cajun Squirrel crisps & some strawberry milkshake, and I'll be refreshing until the rules come

I'm cool like that!

Hehe!

I prefer the chili and chocolate flavour!! XD
    edited June 2009
    StephenTM wrote:
    I wish coffee IRL was like in The Sims. Woo! Look at me! I can stay awake for three hours even though my energy bar is all the way down, YAY!

My vision is blurry and I have bags under my eyes. My energy bar is totally drained. LOL.

Hmm. Why don't you type testingcheatsenabled true into your cheat box and drag it up? :)
  • mangakagirlmangakagirl Posts: 415 Member
    edited June 2009
    Speggy wrote:
    Hey guys! :D It's 9:04pm here. lol. Can't wait!!

Anyways, just something random, is there any existing TS3 challenges besides legacy challenge?

I'm doing one where you have to use 60 out of the 63 traits split between 2 families without the traits overlapping. Have to say. It's quite intensive and funny once it gets going.

Can we get a link for that one??

Im doing some of the challenges posted on modthesims try looking there :P

And yeah right now just waiting for the rules for a real legacy :D
  • LillyweedLillyweed Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    I should so make stephen my founder sim. XD Then I'll make him marry skunky and they can have me as a baby. :D

Or I'll make stephen marry a man and adopt a baby... Am I the only one who misses the ability for men to get pregnant?

AWww noooo men can't get alien babies anymore? :(
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:

ROFL!

In my game I married a dude, but then I divorced him and then re-married him and he died five hours later! :lol::lol:
  • typomantypoman Posts: 140 New Member
    edited June 2009
    "Cajun Squirrel crisps" i can't say i have heard of those before.
    what are they like (texture taste etc)
    edited June 2009
    Lillyweed wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:

No. :( You can get ghost babys (through heterosexual relationships only though) but ghosts are SO annoying!!

Stephen - Um Stephen were you marrying old men?! XD
    edited June 2009
    ktg106 wrote:

I'm cool like that!

Hehe!

Yeh sorry, its just us turning into nervous wrecks whist waiting for the rules... seems like we have gone way off topic..

Oh no what? what? what? Are you serious? Men can't get aliens babies?
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    StephenTM wrote:

Hmm. Why don't you type testingcheatsenabled true into your cheat box and drag it up? :)
    I dunno how! I shift my nose, control my toes, and press my belly button but the window doesn't come up!
  • morsmordremorsmordre Posts: 990 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    skunky_x wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    skunky_x wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    Hey everyone! :D I see the rules have still not been posted! :(
    i'm kinda happy.

my PC is just about to get fixed so it plays the Sims

Wow perfect timing! :D Who's fixing it? As in are you taking it to a repair shop or?
    a friend of mine is a genius with two PCs so is somehow going to hook up mine, which has the spec but can't read the disk, and my little sister's which reads the disk but crashes, so I can play.

Wow good luck! :) I've stopped playing the sims waiting for the legacy.

And I installed the maty mod and it deleted all my saved games anyway!

Awesomemod? I installed it too and my saved games weren't deleted. You must've done something on your part :\
    edited June 2009
    Lillyweed wrote:
    ktg106 wrote:

I'm cool like that!

Hehe!

Yeh sorry, its just us turning into nervous wrecks whist waiting for the rules... seems like we have gone way off topic..

Oh no what? what? what? Are you serious? Men can't get aliens babies?

Yes we have.. But then again this is the most fun I've had on forums for a long while. I say whilst waiting for The Legacy Challenge. ¬_¬ I sound like I have the loner trait.

And these Sims 3 reality comparisons are so funny. XD
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    Lillyweed wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:

No. :( You can get ghost babys (through heterosexual relationships only though) but ghosts are SO annoying!!

Well, he was an old dude by the 2nd marriage. We just got married, then after some quality Woo-hoo he dies. I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

• ktg106ktg106 Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    typoman wrote:
    "Cajun Squirrel crisps" i can't say i have heard of those before.
    what are they like (texture taste etc)

They're part of a UK competition to find a new flavour or crisps. They are really nice, I think they just taste like cajun chicken - but i've never actually eaten a squirrel so they might actually taste like squirrell!
    edited June 2009
    morsmordre wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    skunky_x wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    skunky_x wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    i'm kinda happy.

Wow perfect timing! :D Who's fixing it? As in are you taking it to a repair shop or?
    a friend of mine is a genius with two PCs so is somehow going to hook up mine, which has the spec but can't read the disk, and my little sister's which reads the disk but crashes, so I can play.

Awesomemod? I installed it too and my saved games weren't deleted. You must've done something on your part :\

What does Awesomemod do? Is it available for mac?
    edited June 2009
    morsmordre wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    skunky_x wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    skunky_x wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    i'm kinda happy.

I know I'm sure I did. It took me ages to make it work! So I probably deleted the caches AND my saved games.

Stephen - Hmm. Maybe you have a glitch? You should wait for EA to make a patch - it should be done in 10 years time. :D
    edited June 2009
    StephenTM wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    Lillyweed wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:

Well, he was an old dude by the 2nd marriage. We just got married, then after some quality Woo-hoo he dies. I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

HAHAHA! It must have increased his blood pressure?! XDD What colour was his ghost? White?
    edited June 2009
    10 Sim years or 10 real years? Because I can just press 4 and it'll just go warp speed and be done in a few seconds. ^_^
  • morsmordremorsmordre Posts: 990 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Lillyweed wrote:
    morsmordre wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    skunky_x wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    skunky_x wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    i'm kinda happy.

It fixes the story progression problems (it prevents people moving out, and babies without two parents) and other things. Yeah, I have a Mac - there's special instructions though.
    edited June 2009
    Lillyweed wrote:
    morsmordre wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    skunky_x wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    skunky_x wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    i'm kinda happy.

It stops some game things. Like so people dont' stop whatever they're doing to see an age transition, people don't have babies without a partner, people don't wait for 10 sim minutes when they get in eachothers way...

I only played for a few minutes with it so I don't know how good it is.
  • orenjikittyorenjikitty Posts: 139 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Speggy wrote:
    Hey guys! :D It's 9:04pm here. lol. Can't wait!!

Anyways, just something random, is there any existing TS3 challenges besides legacy challenge?

I'm doing one where you have to use 60 out of the 63 traits split between 2 families without the traits overlapping. Have to say. It's quite intensive and funny once it gets going.

Can we get a link for that one??

Im doing some of the challenges posted on modthesims try looking there :P

And yeah right now just waiting for the rules for a real legacy :D

Sure thing! here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/35150.page

Sorry, kinda eating/reading comics/camping the thread. Have to say, good start to the day.
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    StephenTM wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    Lillyweed wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:

HAHAHA! It must have increased his blood pressure?! XDD What colour was his ghost? White?
    Yep, Grimmy came and snatched my man! How rude.

How would Grimmy like it if I took HIS husband!
    edited June 2009
    StephenTM wrote:
    10 Sim years or 10 real years? Because I can just press 4 and it'll just go warp speed and be done in a few seconds. ^_^

I wouldn't say warp speed is very fast for me.... I have the timing glitch. We shoudl warp speed until the rules are posted!! :D