Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge for TS3

Comments

• LillyweedLillyweed Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    Haha I know Stephen. I have favourite words like.. Rindfleischetikettierungueberwachungsgesetz and Schwarzwaelderkirschtorte.

Bekah130885 - It's alright! I do the same, I always think in French and change it to English. He lives in London so in the south east too. I'm going to work in Tottenham Court Road - do you know it?

Lillyweed - Yeah I know it's true! :( But languages are good for university applications and jobs. Apparently. If not my teacher has been lying. XD It's fun to speak in a different language and be understood, I find.

Yes yes I know Tottenham Court Road, I have walked along the that road oh so many times. My university has a campus at Oxford street, which is just a 2 min walk away from Tottenham court road oh and St martins is there too.

I'm at The University of the Arts London. :)

You should go see We Will Rock you, the theatre is just opposite Center Point at the tube station. Oh and Yes your should walk to hyde park or get a bus thats down the other end at Marble Arch. :D
  • bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    Baxter wrote:
    5:15 a.m. Central Standard time U.S. (Midwest)

Americans have a bad rap. I love my heritage, but I don't like how some foreigners automatically assume American are lazy bums. I've only ran into a few of those types in different places though. I love the European cultures offered. It amazes me how so much culture comes out of that one continent!

Yeah! The nicest people are the Americans I find. Like I went into a shop and the assistant was like 'Hey, how are you? Can I help you guys with anything?' (which never happens in France) and I was so taken back that I just stood there and said '.... what!?'

I should stop replying to every... single... person.

Sadly I found alot of the women were a bit ahh.. up them selves when I was in the USA, the men were real gentlemen though, I loved the countryside soo much, alot nicer then where I grew up
  • SiminaboxSiminabox Posts: 178 New Member
    edited June 2009
    YES! With that massive golden man on the we will rock you thing!? :D

I change stations at Oxford Circus. :D! That's so cool. I'm working near the Odeon there (when you walk from the station towards Burger King as opposed to McDonalds).

Never been to Marble Arch I think... :(

Bethekins - Hmm yeah thinking about it there were some girls like that... But there's more girls like that here so it was a relief. XD
  • StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited June 2009
    **** Burger King and McDonalds, infesting the world.

On behalf of America, I apologize for that.
  • BlueEyedBlueEyed Posts: 230 New Member
    edited June 2009
    murphy575 wrote:
    I was thinking about making the names country-oriented, like start with an Arabic name beginning with A, Bulgarian name beginning with B, Croatian name beginning with C...etc. :D I might do an alphabet one. Excited!

Oi! That was my idea! :/ *Sigh* I thought I was original!
  • bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited June 2009
    StephenTM wrote:

we call burger king hungry jacks in australia =/ no idea why
    edited June 2009
    StephenTM wrote:

:( It's ok!! At worst, it helps us to explain which direction we're going in! And when I went to America, a French 'large' portion is an American 'small' portion in McDonalds. I couldn't finish the medium portion I ordered haha. :(

I also went into a McDonalds and JUST wanted Mountain Dew and the woman said she didn't sell it and so I said 'aww ok thanks anyway!' and she was soooo confused. XD
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:

I change stations at Oxford Circus. :D! That's so cool. I'm working near the Odean there (when you walk from the station towards Burger King as opposed to McDonalds).

YES YES thats the play. :D

Oh I know where you mean, whats the place called that your working at?
    If you walk all the way down Oxford St, away from Tottencourt you come to Bond street keep walking all the way down that road you come to Marble Arch and Hyde Park. :D Hmm takes about 20 mins maybe to walk it. I take the back roads though to walk past the crowds quicker. Ah I know my way around London.

I'm just going back on Sims 3 quickly to try and improve my glitched Sim aviator. BRB :D
    Hopefully the rules will posted up soon
  • maz32384maz32384 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    StephenTM wrote:

we got hungry jacks here, which is a branch off of burger king. no need to apologize coz they r the best
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    StephenTM wrote:

:( It's ok!! At worst, it helps us to explain which direction we're going in! And when I went to America, a French 'large' portion is an American 'small' portion in McDonalds. I couldn't finish the medium portion I ordered haha. :(

I also went into a McDonalds and JUST wanted Mountain Dew and the woman said she didn't sell it and so I said 'aww ok thanks anyway!' and she was soooo confused. XD
    LOL, that's pretty funny. I went to McDonalds and only ordered a small fry and the person was like "That's all? Really?" - good times.

edited June 2009
    Lillyweed wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:

I change stations at Oxford Circus. :D! That's so cool. I'm working near the Odean there (when you walk from the station towards Burger King as opposed to McDonalds).

YES YES thats the play. :D

Oh I know where you mean, whats the place called that your working at?
    If you walk all the way down Oxford St, away from Tottencourt you come to Bond street keep walking all the way down that road you come to Marble Arch and Hyde Park. :D Hmm takes about 20 mins maybe to walk it. I take the back roads though to walk past the crowds quicker. Ah I know my way around London.

Hah I don't even remember the name! It's not actually on the Tottenham Court Road, you turn off to the left onto one of the streets and it's thre. I hope I don't forget th way.

Haha wow! You do know your way around London! I can tell you what I'm NOT looking forward to the train and tube journeys - I never get a seat and it's always too hot and I'm always a bit too close to the person next to me. :shock:
    edited June 2009
    maz32384 wrote:
    StephenTM wrote:

we got hungry jacks here, which is a branch off of burger king. no need to apologize coz they r the best
    I wonder if it's better in Australia, because I don't really like the Burger King in the US. :shock:
    edited June 2009
    I'm going out to lunch soon.. I wonder how many of you will be here when I get back. XD

Stephen - Haha!! XD Good old McDonalds! :P I prefer McDonalds to Burger King if I had to choose, though.
    edited June 2009
    OMG! I know! Some German words are just so ridiculously long! AHHHHHH! When I try to pronounce them I get lost in the middle and by the end I'm out of breath! LOL.

It's great having a native German speaker as a best friend, 'cause he helps me out a lot. But ****, it's hard sometimes. :lol:

Apparently the longest word in German is : Hottentottenstrottertrottelmutterbeutelratenlatengitterkofferatentattentäter
    edited June 2009
    I'm going to get some breakfast, then I'm coming back to refresh every two nanoseconds. ^_^
    edited June 2009
    BlueEyed wrote:
    OMG! I know! Some German words are just so ridiculously long! AHHHHHH! When I try to pronounce them I get lost in the middle and by the end I'm out of breath! LOL.

It's great having a native German speaker as a best friend, 'cause he helps me out a lot. But ****, it's hard sometimes. :lol:

Apparently the longest word in German is : Hottentottenstrottertrottelmutterbeutelratenlatengitterkofferatentattentäter
    *jaw hits the floor*

:shock:
  • maz32384maz32384 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    StephenTM wrote:
    maz32384 wrote:
    StephenTM wrote:

I wonder if it's better in Australia, because I don't really like the Burger King in the US. :shock:

Alot of people prefer Hungry Jacks then McDonalds over here. Ultimute Whoopers are the best, and boy are they huge.
  • NemamiahNemamiah Posts: 749 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Baxter wrote:
    5:15 a.m. Central Standard time U.S. (Midwest)

Americans have a bad rap. I love my heritage, but I don't like how some foreigners automatically assume American are lazy bums. I've only ran into a few of those types in different places though. I love the European cultures offered. It amazes me how so much culture comes out of that one continent!
    That's probably because the "masses" who were fat, influenced the british to get fat, then they saw them and went "ew" so they started moseying to work instead of rolling. fat people on mobility scooters scare me, 9 times out of 10 they're trying to mow me down though, one of them set off the 30mph sign outside my house, I was so glad to be in my doorway when they whizzed past...

I mean, I love my country and all that malarkey, but it's not fun to have people trying to run you over with things they use because they "can't get about easily", which I find hard to believe, cause the woman who keeps trying to kill me hopped off that scooter and ran, RAN into Woolworths, she returned weilding a family sized dairy milk...

On the language side of things, I find myself armed with phrase books and "do you speak english?" in the native tongue before I go somewhere else, but I don't leave the country so I don't really need to learn it *shrug*
    edited June 2009
    BlueEyed wrote:

A murderer of a silly boy's mother from a 'something; tribe kept in a kangaroo cage? XD

In French it's anticonstitutionnellement.

WOOLWORTHS!! :( When I went last year they were all shut!! I miss the huge pick and mix cup things which were such good value for money.
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    BlueEyed wrote:

A murderer of a silly boy's mother from a 'something; tribe kept in a kangaroo cage? XD

WOOLWORTHS!! :( When I went last year they were all shut!! I miss the huge pick and mix cup things which were such good value for money.

The Hotten Totten tribe! >.<
    edited June 2009
    BlueEyed wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    BlueEyed wrote:

The Hotten Totten tribe! >.<

Ohhh I have no idea what they are! XD
    edited June 2009
    Yay! ^=^

The longest word in Finnish: atomiydinenergiareaktorigeneraattorilauhduttajaturbiiniratasvaihde

And it's an actual word that can be used..in gadget-talk!
    edited June 2009
    I prefer KFC.... Mmmm Big buckets of chicken! I'm not fat honestly. I'm a UK size 8 now but 2 years ago I was a UK Size 4 so ok I'v put on weight but thats a good thing, I was seriously underweight.

Anyways. :S

Oh and yes WOOLWORTHS has all closed down now. :( They went bust.

The longest word in Welsh is: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

And it means: The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave.

Its a name of a Welsh town.. 0.o
  • murphy575murphy575 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    BlueEyed wrote:
    murphy575 wrote:
    I was thinking about making the names country-oriented, like start with an Arabic name beginning with A, Bulgarian name beginning with B, Croatian name beginning with C...etc. :D I might do an alphabet one. Excited!

Oi! That was my idea! :/ *Sigh* I thought I was original!

Sorry...hehe. If it helps, I only just came up with it, so you were first!
    edited June 2009
    Lillyweed wrote:
    I prefer KFC.... Mmmm Big buckets of chicken! I'm not fat honestly. I'm a UK size 8 now but 2 years ago I was a UK Size 4 so ok I'v put on weight but thats a good thing, I was seriously underweight.

Anyways. :S

Oh and yes WOOLWORTHS has all closed down now. :( They went bust.

I don't eeven know what size I am. :/ I don't even keep count of my weight unless I'm about to go shopping and then I do quick waist measurements. XD As long as I know I'm eating healthy stuff and am exercising I don't really care.

:( Aww I loved Woolworths. I bought a tamagotchi with my salary from there. XD