Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge for TS3

Comments

• bekah130885bekah130885 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm 23 too! Woop! :D Yay for 1985 (or 86..!). xxxxx
  • skunky_xskunky_x Posts: 191 New Member
    edited June 2009
    bethekins wrote:
    skunky_x wrote:
    despite my sims not working at the moment, i can't wait for this [timed my getting of the sims right XD]

never did it on TS2 because I sucked at it. But TS3 seems to me easier for my play style =]

*excitement*

Yeah, I have to borrow my brothers lap top to play, so I only get to play ts3 every other day and only for like an hour or two. It sucks so bad ._.;;
    it works for like an hour on my little sister's, and then crashes and uninstalls itself =[
  • SiminaboxSiminabox Posts: 178 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Renita wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    StephenTM wrote:
    Ahhhhhh! French!

I took German instead of French. Because German makes sense. :P

Nee Deutsch ist doch schwer. Ich lern Deutsch seit 4 Jahren und ich kann dir sagen, dass Franzoesisch einfacher als Deutsch ist!

French is awesome! German is cool too! But French is best. :roll: (Ok French sucks and I know it but shhhh!)

Naw, French is the best! I wanna learn french, but my mom says I have to learn Zulu first. :shock:

Wow good luck! (I'm talking way too much by the way. :oops:)
  • EvaLovesDanEvaLovesDan Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Kirsalynne wrote:
    Ugh, it's 3:04 am in San Francisco. I should be sleeping but I can't. I refuse to admit it's because I'm too excited. Uh.. I just have the light sleeper trait, ahem. :oops:

:lol::lol:
  • OlwynOlwyn Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm 25 and I AM NOT OLD!!!

8pm on sunday in australia, been waiting all day. Bummed out that we're so far ahead (time wise).
  • LillyweedLillyweed Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow is anyone else getting confused with this conversation, haha by the time I've written something loads of new messages has popped up.

or maybe thats because I'm a slow typer. :D
  • bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited June 2009
    6pm .. I hope he's on soon D:
    edited June 2009
    StephenTM wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    StephenTM wrote:
    Ahhhhhh! French!

Nee Deutsch ist doch schwer. Ich lern Deutsch seit 4 Jahren und ich kann dir sagen, dass Franzoesisch einfacher als Deutsch ist!

French is awesome! German is cool too! But French is best. :roll: (Ok French sucks and I know it but shhhh!)
    I find German is way easier because English and German are very similar. French I was just totally lost the entire time!

Maybe I'll give French another shot, 'cause I'd love to visit France and not look like an idiot. :lol:

Haha yeah! :D I think on a simple level, German is quite similar to English. i.e. was = what das = that. But as German gets harder, the sentence structure diverges from that of English and the words get longer and longer... and longer. :P But with French at a simple level it's less like English but as it gets harder the structure converges to that of English and the words become more and more similar to the latinate roots shared between the two languages.

But as I'm French I don't really know what it's like learning French from an English perspective.

I'm sorry my passion is languages. XD :shock::roll:
  • crimsonsunsets22crimsonsunsets22 Posts: 2,591 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's 6:09 AM and I'm going to sleep. Bai.
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    StephenTM wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    StephenTM wrote:
    Ahhhhhh! French!

I find German is way easier because English and German are very similar. French I was just totally lost the entire time!

Maybe I'll give French another shot, 'cause I'd love to visit France and not look like an idiot. :lol:

Haha yeah! :D I think on a simple level, German is quite similar to English. i.e. was = what das = that. But as German gets harder, the sentence structure diverges from that of English and the words get longer and longer... and longer. :P But with French at a simple level it's less like English but as it gets harder the structure converges to that of English.

But as I'm French I don't really know what it's like learning French from an English perspective.

i managed to write a sentance in german which was three lines long, had one comma and at the end there were 3 verbs. so i agree.

and then my teacher marked it and told me I'd missed out a load of words and verb positioning.
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    Ah ok cool. Moi j'ai une gite au sud de la france, elle se situe pres d'perpignan. ^^ Il fait toujours tres beau la-bas.

Oui oui on peut dire bi-lingue. Je comprendrais quand-meme. :P
    Good! :D

J'adore le sud de la france. :) On va aller au camping près de Bordeaux en août.

Hope you have a good time in London. :D Vous avez déja visité?

Moi j'ai jamais fait du camping, j'ai tres peur des animaux comme les lupes. :P Bonne chance!

Thanks! :D I love England! Oui j'y suis alle il y a 1 an pour faire une stage en entreprise et je m'suis tres bien amuse et donc je reviens cet annee. Mon oncle habite en angleterre donc je vais rester avec lui.

Hehe! J'adore le camping, et j'espere qu'il n'y a pas des lupes - ou autres animaux comme ca!!! :shock: :shock:

I take ages trying to type in French because I have to contruct the sentences in my head and then translate them! :oops: So - where in England does your uncle live? I'm in the south east. :D
  • StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    StephenTM wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    StephenTM wrote:
    Ahhhhhh! French!

Haha yeah! :D I think on a simple level, German is quite similar to English. i.e. was = what das = that. But as German gets harder, the sentence structure diverges from that of English and the words get longer and longer... and longer. :P But with French at a simple level it's less like English but as it gets harder the structure converges to that of English.

OMG! I know! Some German words are just so ridiculously long! AHHHHHH! When I try to pronounce them I get lost in the middle and by the end I'm out of breath! LOL.

It's great having a native German speaker as a best friend, 'cause he helps me out a lot. But ****, it's hard sometimes. :lol:
  • LillyweedLillyweed Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I wish I could speak lots of languages fluently, us English are too lazy with learning languages...
    as well our language seems to be spoken by everyone.
    Its the Universal flight language for air traffic control everywhere. xD
    And urm I don't know how I know that. ^^

11:13am Uk
    edited June 2009
    Lillyweed wrote:
    I wish I could speak lots of languages fluently, us English are too lazy with learning languages...
    as well our language seems to be spoken by everyone.
    Its the Universal flight language for air traffic control everywhere. xD
    And urm I don't know how I know that. ^^

11:13am Uk
    really?

and i thought the only thing we contributed to the world was a laughable sports team selection.
    edited June 2009
    Haha I know Stephen. I have favourite words like.. Rindfleischetikettierungueberwachungsgesetz and Schwarzwaelderkirschtorte.

Bekah130885 - It's alright! I do the same, I always think in French and change it to English. He lives in London so in the south east too. I'm going to work in Tottenham Court Road - do you know it?

Lillyweed - Yeah I know it's true! :( But languages are good for university applications and jobs. Apparently. If not my teacher has been lying. XD It's fun to speak in a different language and be understood, I find.
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    Haha I know Stephen. I have favourite words like.. Ringfleischetikettierungueberwachungsgesetz and Schwarzwaelderkirschtorte.

Bekah130885 - It's alright! I do the same, I always think in French and change it to English. He lives in London so in the south east too. I'm going to work in Tottenham Court Road - do you know it?
    BLACK FOREST GATEAUX

i'm lost on the über long one though... :shock:
  • GerutabindyGerutabindy Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Olwyn wrote:
    8pm on sunday in australia, been waiting all day. Bummed out that we're so far ahead (time wise).

:-( I agree
  • BaxterBaxter Posts: 158 New Member
    edited June 2009
    5:15 a.m. Central Standard time U.S. (Midwest)

Americans have a bad rap. I love my heritage, but I don't like how some foreigners automatically assume American are lazy bums. I've only ran into a few of those types in different places though. I love the European cultures offered. It amazes me how so much culture comes out of that one continent!

edited June 2009
    skunky_x wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:
    Haha I know Stephen. I have favourite words like.. Ringfleischetikettierungueberwachungsgesetz and Schwarzwaelderkirschtorte.

BLACK FOREST GATEAUX

Yeah!! Oh it's like really boring. It's a law about the transportation of meat or something. XD
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    Haha I know Stephen. I have favourite words like.. Rindfleischetikettierungueberwachungsgesetz and Schwarzwaelderkirschtorte.

I think so. Is that where Charing Cross station is? :) I live in Kent - about an hour away from London on the train.
  • bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Olwyn wrote:

:-( I agree

I just keep thinking that everyone is waiting the exact same amount of time as us Aussies are, its not like a movie release, once its on the forums its out for everyone around the world at exactly the same time :P
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    skunky_x wrote:
    Siminabox wrote:

BLACK FOREST GATEAUX

Yeah!! Oh it's like really boring. It's a law about the transportation of meat or something. XD
    that makes sense- it has gesetz on the end.

i feel a wee bit nerdy now.
    edited June 2009
    Baxter wrote:
    5:15 a.m. Central Standard time U.S. (Midwest)

Americans have a bad rap. I love my heritage, but I don't like how some foreigners automatically assume American are lazy bums. I've only ran into a few of those types in different places though. I love the European cultures offered. It amazes me how so much culture comes out of that one continent!

Yeah! The nicest people are the Americans I find. Like I went into a shop and the assistant was like 'Hey, how are you? Can I help you guys with anything?' (which never happens in France) and I was so taken back that I just stood there and said '.... what!?'

I should stop replying to every... single... person.
  • EvaLovesDanEvaLovesDan Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love how english people don't learn a language when they go to another country they just speak english but with an accent when they're trying to be understood. I'm not being rude, im english myself and have caught myself doing it when i've been to france, whoops!
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:

I think so. Is that where Charing Cross station is? :) I live in Kent - about an hour away from London on the train.

Umm yeah it's just north of Charing Cross! :D Ohh cool! I've never been to Kent, I've only ever been to London and a few random places around England. :S