Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    @jazen Yes, she is. That's why I'm worried about the timings, she'll become an Elder around the same time that Gary becomes a YA, so around 4 sim days. My TS4 elders don't have a good history of living very long after their birthdays. Lilliana didn't last too long, and that woman was in good shape! You think? It feels like cheating! :P But it is something the game gives you anyway, so maybe it's okay? I just need to convince myself :P

That's so lovely about the email! All the more motivation to finish it ^-^

@Piazzagirl1015 This is my first time making Ambrosia in any of the games, and it demands a lot. You need to max both cooking skills - the normal one and the gourmet cooking skill -, then you need to have an angelfish (which are apparently rare to catch, but aren't limited to one location and I know one which has given me quite a few before), a death flower (which you get by grafting a pomegranate to an orchid, and to get those you need to graft a cherry to an apple for the pomegranate, and a lily to a snapdragon for the orchid), and a potion of youth. Gary is well on his way to the death flower but he's slow levelling the gardening skill, and he hasn't acquired the gourmet cooking skill yet, which he gets upon reaching level 5 of the normal cooking skill.

So you can see why I'm worried about the timings :) Ambrosia doesn't make your sim immortal as such, it only resets their age back to the beginning of their current age (so adults will stay adults), but it does make ghosts come back to live! ;) Sophia's aspiration is taking a while since she needs to see Gary succeed in his career to complete it, and since Gary is a chef I thought making ambrosia for her was a good way of doing it :) I might have to give her the young again potion, though, so she doesn't die before Gary can reach the top of his career :P

Does that answer everything? :)

@LittleMinxUndr We saw Suicide Squad last night and I loved it!! <3 I'll definitely be seeing it again at some point :D

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Jazen The game I was already playing is Euro Truck Sim. It's a strangely relaxing game that helps me to keep pain under control. Going from Malmo to Paris is a nice trip to do. I like to listen to spacey music at the same time. I don't know if you ever heard from them, but the band Widowspeak is my favorite virtual-driving music ^^ Check them out on Spotify once and listen to 'in the pines' as an introduction to them. <3

@MischiefTheKitten Did you see it in Imax 3D? That was an experience! And when Enchantress' manifestation was introduced I was like "CHANDELL!!, they stole Chandell!!' LOL
    Post edited by LittleMinxUndr on
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    @MischiefTheKitten nope, it's not cheating since it is a game given thing. It's like granting immortal life to sims if you want and they earned the points. I say you're all good. :)

@LittleMinxUndr ah ok, I knew you had played a different trucking game before. Nope, never heard of that band before, but I'll youtube to take a listen.

So it was back to school time today. My boys are looking more and more grown up :(

28853511805_868893180a_z.jpg
    28822483126_2d29bddb91_z.jpg
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    @Jazen In that case I recommend this edition of Widowspeak's 'In the Pines'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXtwa_IQ3t8 <3
    And uhm, your children.... how much for your childrennnnn? (Blues Brothers)
    @LittleMinxUndr thanks for the video link. Very easy listening, I liked the song. :)

hahaha the boys are growing. Curlytop's hair grew a lot over the summer, if it wasn't for the curls I'd have to cut it because it's down his back when straightened out. Munchkin lost his first tooth a few weeks ago, hard to see in that shot but he's happy to be sporting a gap. LOL But The Boy, he's taller than me now. :( not by much, but he is. Time is going by too fast.

• Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @Jazen I finally found out how to make a new game in Sims 4 after all this time so I would have made the same mistake that you did.

The boys are getting big and they look so handsome on their first day of school. I can see in that picture where the Munchkin lost his tooth. They look so cute when they smile like that. I do hope that they all have a great school year and do well in all their classes.

@MischiefTheKitten Thank you for all of that information and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that is a lot. She already has cooking and gourmet cooking maxed but I haven't started on gardening or fishing yet. If it doesn't grant immortality I won't make that a priority and I will continue to use the potions.

@Everyone I'm taking pictures tonight so hopefully there is an update tomorrow. Right now I do need everyone's help on something. I was trying to choose the right dog that Bae will actually get and I narrowed it down to three breeds that love to swim. I can't choose so I'm taking a poll here.

mjJqI6.jpg

This is Admiral. He is a Chesapeake Bay Retriver

P25YHK.jpg

This is Commodore. He is a Golden Retriver

BjKUKi.jpg

This is Nautical. He is a Labrador Retriever. I actually had to download the breed as for some strange reason EA decided not to put Labradors in Pets

And in my Iron Woman Challenge:

zgwGBO.png

Marissa was promoted to level 6 of the science career so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try Dine Out so she went on a date with Rowan. I'm still trying to complete a collection to finish Aspiration #2.

@Piazzagirl1015 my vote is for Commodore. Congrats to Marissa for getting promoted.

Glad you were able to figure out how to make a new game for S4 so you don't do what I did and lose your game play. I'm gonna have to start fresh for my iron woman challenge.

Munchkin was very proud of his loose tooth. He kept messing with it until someone would pull it for him. He didn't like it being wiggly LOL. The Boy ended up pulling it for him because that sort of stuff weirds me out. hahaha

@Jazen I'm not sure when I will make a new game but I know how to now. I do have that Sandi double I made for Sims 4 so someday I might do something with her.

Oh I wouldn't have been able to pull it either. It was a good thing you had The Boy there.

Thanks for the response on the poll. My daughter voted on for Nautical so I have 2 votes in now.

@Everyone As promised I have an update today.

9HnxoN.jpg

Chapter 80-I've Just Seen Paradise
    edited August 2016
    @Piazzagirl1015 I did make a new save last week and started a new Iron Woman challenge. I'll post pictures of her shortly.

Until then...

28973399691_36b3f3a96e_c.jpg

Chapter 23

~The family is still finding ways to cope with Matt’s withdrawal from life. An opportunity presents itself that has Grace making a most unusual request of Jonas.

@Jazen I can't wait to see your new sim for the Iron Woman Challenge :)

@Everyone I know its been quiet here so I guess we are all busy. I'm on vacation this week so I'm doing some work on my stories. I actually worked on Katherine and Jeremy's story last night and I should have an update for them this week. I'm also going to try and get an update for Race this week also along with all my just for fun games.

As for my Iron Woman she is now level 7 of the science career but she still needs to complete a collection for her aspiration.

I just finished my Hunger Games which I wasn't announcing here while updating but I thought I should leave a link to the whole challenge since there were many Going Solo Sims competing. If anyone wants to read just use this link. Its only 11 updates and there are links to each update there. It did give me an idea that competing in those competitions with healthy sims would be fun but that is for another day.

Take Care everyone and have a good week :)
  • HollyhocksFluffHollyhocksFluff Posts: 884 Member
    Ummm... Hallo?
    I'm finally getting a rhythm to my life (for now anyway) and I got some gameplay in. I went to write up a chapter and my story/discussion has been "Closed". Is there any way to "open" it again? Or do I have to navigate wordpress or something like that? That may be a bit too much for me to take on, haha.
    I hope you are all well.
    Babies.jpg
    OMG HOLLY!!!! Hey @HollyhocksFluff nice to see you pop in. I so love seeing the updates of your little guy on Facebook.

I'm not sure why they close out threads, one of mine had that happen too. You could possibly PM a guru to see if they can open it, or you can just start a new thread if you are opposed to using a blogging site.

@Piazzagirl1015 yay for vacation! Those are the best even if all you're doing is NOT going to work. LOL Soon as I stop being lazy, I'll sort the few shots I have for my Iron Woman and post her.

edited August 2016
    @HollyhocksFluff OMG Holly it is so good to see you back :) We missed you so much but we do understand that you had to be busy with the little guy.

I seen the memory you posted on My Page and I was so happy to see which save file you were playing in. I do have a suggestion if you can't reopen the original post or want to switch to a blog. Why not open a new thread and in the first post link the old thread. I just checked and the old thread can be read.

@Jazen Well I am working but its fun work. My Hunger Games is finish and I'm done writing the next chapter for Katherine and Jeremy which I'm hoping to post tomorrow or Friday. Than I need to work on my update for Race so its been a productive week for my sims but nothing else. I think I just needed this time at home to devote to just fun.

I can't wait to see your Iron Woman and I think I might have some updated shots of Marissa too.

@Everyone I moved the poll about the dog to my blog

Oh I miss you ladies so much. I really do. I don't even recognize PG's current heir!! I've got serious reading to do. :)
    I got in touch with a guru who said she'll review it. Here's hoping!!
    Babies.jpg
    edited August 2016
    @HollyhocksFluff I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they can reopen the thread for you. My current heir is Starr's Grandson. She is a grandma now who rather be called Big Mama so she doesn't feel too old. Take your time with the reading.
    Oh my lord let me pick myself up off the floor at the thought of Starr being a grandma!! LOL
    Babies.jpg
    edited August 2016
    @HollyhocksFluff yay, glad they are reviewing it. Makes no sense that they closed it. We've missed seeing you around as well and happy that Baby Boy is giving you a little time to game again. :) And yes, it's a shock that Starr is a grandmother. But as @Piazzagirl1015 said, she won't go by that name. LOL

edit: @Piazzagirl1015 here is my iron woman

28589565904_699647a48d_c.jpg

Anahi Rubin (randomized name)
    The first aspiration she'll be working on is the bodybuilder one and of course that puts her in the athlete career. Still need to update my blog with the first installment, working on that now.
    Post edited by jazen on

@HollyhocksFluff Now that I think of it Bae is an adult in the main file as I played that ahead. Starr is almost ready to become a great grandma pretty soon. Well she has some time as the story needs to catch up to Bae.

@Jazen I like the name sometimes Randomizer really does give you a great name. You have to let me know how the Athletics go as I haven't done that yet. I should let Marissa do that next as she needs to lose weight. I didn't know the food in Sims 4 had calories. I found out its not a good idea to have your sim eat all that gourmet food.

@Everyone Some pictures from the game, Katherine got herself a makeover. I neglected her for months so she got some extra attention today.

Bs20gh.jpg

I'm in the picture taking phase of her update so I'm hoping to have it finished by tomorrow.
    edited August 2016
    @Piazzagirl1015 I like Kathy's make-over. It'll be good to see her and Jeremy again. :)

I'll keep you updated on how that aspiration goes. When she rolled it, I went back to tweak her some to make her a little larger. This way she can work off the extra weight while doing the aspiration. I'll be taking comparison pics along the way. :) Yes, sims do gain weight in S4 if they eat alot and don't work out. On the flip side, you do see the results more from working out with them than you did in S3 which I think is pretty cool.

This is Brynn from my Rebuild Willow Creek game play
    mJkEfGw.png

This is her now after working out
    mFIpD0d.png

You can see she's much skinner now. LOL

@Jazen I would love to see those comparison pictures as I will probably have some of my own soon. Marissa keeps getting larger so all she is eating now is fish, chicken and salads. I will definitely do an athletic one next. To be very honest I am glad that they did put calories into the food in Sims 4 as that is more realistic to life. In Sims 3 I have one save where everyone eats birthday cake for all of their meals. I'm sure you know that is Raven's save as she has the most birthday parties yet Raven doesn't gain not even one once. After having 30 kids and living on Birthday Cake she should be as large as a house by now.

I hit a tiny snag while taking pictures for Katherine's update. Chelsea is going to be visiting @HollyhocksFluff I know you aren't familiar with Chelsea as I did a bachlorette challenge with her last year. She is Katherine's sister and a Genie. I use her for my perfect genetics challenge. I went to get Chelsea to bring her over and of course she is pregnant so I had to play a little and I definitely have a major glitch in that file. None of them have their needs showing:

JGDCAo.png

I reset all the sims, the house and the town and they still have no needs showing at all. And that is not the only problem some of the townies look as if they are related to the Grim Reaper.

utRH74.jpg

When Chelsea went to the hospital to have the baby it seems that another sim was in labor at the same time and I think this scary guy is her husband.

NwgsKG.jpg

Look how the baby was born

l3gqAM.jpg

I think he was one of the guys from the bachelor challenge and I don't have his skin anymore as with many in town along with their children. I have many running around town like that so it might be best if I move towns.
    OH my gosh. I tell you, the things you see in the game always surprise me. Just when you think you've seen it all, right? Also what a glitch! Very strange. Do they still get hungry/tired/etc? Or do you not have to fulfill any needs? I had that happen to me once all needs were frozen as full. It was fun for a while but then it got boring trying to fill the entire day with things for the sims to do.
    Babies.jpg
    edited August 2016
    I was only able to tell their needs by moodlets so they had to be really hungry or tired for me to notice. It worried me because they had a toddler in the house and I didn't want the social worker to visit.

The game crashed on me a couple of times already so I think I might just let Chelsea do her appearance in Romance pregnant. :( I had some poses for Katherine and Chelsea which I'm not sure will work if she is pregnant. Both times the baby was a boy born with Neal's skintone and eye color but Chelsea's hair so its official Catalina is the heir. I'm moving them to Dragon Valley to see if this makes a difference. If so I might have her have the baby their and than take a copy of her to Meadow Glen for Katherine.

Edit-I used the pregnancy mod to make Chelsea give birth right away and I moved the family to Barnacle Bay. I had to work fast because that old save file kept crashing. The move seemed to fix it as they have all their needs showing now.
    Post edited by Piazzagirl1015 on
    Wow @Piazzagirl1015 that is a crazy glitch! This game is always throwing curveballs at us. :( Congrats on more babies for Neal and Chelsea. Glad the move helped get things working again.

There are a lot of reasons to be envious of the sims, and the not gaining weight (in s3 at least) is one of those reasons. LOL

First update for my iron woman challenge is ready. UPDATE 1 I realize I take way too many pictures. LOL

edited August 2016
    You guys. @SimStaffBethelle is re-opening my story!! <3
    I'm giddy!!
    I have a mini-chapter typed. I think it may take a while for it to be opened again, it still says it's closed. I want to post it!
    Babies.jpg
    woot!!! @HollyhocksFluff that's great to hear. I'm glad they are reopening and you won't have to start a new one. Looking forward to your update.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top